CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they were stranded on the side of the road at 3:20PM on Sunday afternoon, and still there at 11:30PM. I'm surprised they didn't call a tow truck or do something about their situation - unless they decided to just stay there until Monday and then sort it out.

Tourists in Canada speak of encounter with Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese before they were murdered

Sarah Thomas
18 hrs ago
A tourist couple who may have been among the last people to see Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese alive have spoken about encountering the "happy and smiling" pair before their murder.

Curtis and Sandra Broughton were travelling back from a camping trip in the Yukon territory, in northwest Canada, when they encountered the couple who were with their van which had broken down.

Mr Broughton told Canadian news outlet Global News they pulled over to see if the "happy and smiling" couple needed help.

"They seemed like they kind of had it under control. It was mechanical issues with the van," he said.

Mr Broughton said the pair was having a picnic and he assumed they were waiting for the van to unflood, before trying to restart it.

"I'm a mechanic and they explained the problem perfectly. I was impressed, so I was confident they were going to be on their way."

Also noticing on this video he's putting a credit card into his wallet, so he did have one. Probably stolen by the killer. I wonder if he tried to use it? Perhaps the couple didn't have much cash to steal, also making the killer angry.

I'm also trying to figure out the timeline.

The first witness, with her husband, saw the couple along the side of the road around 4:30 pm. This video was taken at 7:30 pm, so Lucas must have gotten the car started and returned to Ft Nelson to gas up. That van probably didn't get very good gas mileage and some was probably used up when the engine flooded (as reported to another witness). Did they then return to the spot south of Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park/Lodge? IIRC, the Lodge didn't have a gas pump, so the closest gas station would be at Ft. Nelson? Did they return there because they wanted to visit the park and hot springs the next day? Were they camping by the roadside because they didn't want to spend money for a camping spot at the Lodge? Is that why Lucas's dad mentioned in the press conference today that travelers should make sure to stay in official camp grounds for safety?
That’s too far to go get gas. It’s on their way after leaving Hudson Hope and the ranch. And the report I saw said it was from Saturday evening. Ranch owner said they left on Saturday. They were killed overnight Sunday into Monday night.

Also noticing on this video he's putting a credit card into his wallet, so he did have one. Probably stolen by the killer. I wonder if he tried to use it? Perhaps the couple didn't have much cash to steal, also making the killer angry.

I'm also trying to figure out the timeline.

The first witness, with her husband, saw the couple along the side of the road around 4:30 pm. This video was taken at 7:30 pm, so Lucas must have gotten the car started and returned to Ft Nelson to gas up. That van probably didn't get very good gas mileage and some was probably used up when the engine flooded (as reported to another witness). Did they then return to the spot south of Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park/Lodge? IIRC, the Lodge didn't have a gas pump, so the closest gas station would be at Ft. Nelson? Did they return there because they wanted to visit the park and hot springs the next day? Were they camping by the roadside because they didn't want to spend money for a camping spot at the Lodge? Is that why Lucas's dad mentioned in the press conference today that travelers should make sure to stay in official camp grounds for safety?

Surely, RCMP have checked any locations along the highway that would have had ATM's. If the murderer did, in fact steal their cards, he may have secured PIN numbers before murdering them, or at least thought he had secured them. I would think anyplace with an ATM would have a cam directed at it, and there is a very good chance the murderer is on cam somewhere, and maybe several times. This guy will be identified and caught relatively quickly, I believe. JMO

full size high res image of person they want to speak with

Today, we are asking for public assistance in identifying a man whom investigators wish to speak with. The man, seen in this composite sketch, was seen speaking with Lucas on Highway 97 on the evening of Sunday July 14, 2019. He is described as:

• Caucasian,
  • with darker skin and dark hair,
  • he is shorter than Lucas, who is 6’ 3,
  • with a possible beard and/or glasses.
The man may be associated to an older model Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood and a black light/bull bar with small, covered lights. He is believed to have been travelling southbound.

In addition to the composite sketch, we are also releasing video footage taken at a gas station in Fort Nelson on July 13, 2019. The surveillance footage shows the couple arriving in Lucas’ van at 7:30 p.m. and departing the gas station at 7:47 p.m. All materials will be available on our website following this media availability.

Please visit the links below to that video surveillance

67377_FORT_NELSON_2019-1416_COMPOSITE_SKETCH_large_.jpg
These videos were hard to watch....gee. I can’t imagine what it would be like for the families to watch them.

If the time of the last witness sighting is 11:30pm, I would assume that CD and LF were asleep inside the van when their murderer approached. He possibly broke into the van (or maybe it was unlocked) hoping to find money or something of value to steal thinking it was abandoned, but was surprised to find two people sleeping. He may of panicked as a struggled ensued and pulled out his gun. At some point random shot blew out the back window. He shoots LF who was probably trying to protect his girlfriend, and drags his body outside through one of the passengeer doors. CD may then have tried to get her shoes on to run out the other passenger door, but was caught by the murderer and ended up with the same fate as her boyfriend. I am curious to know if there was any sexual assault.

The first thing Lucas does at the gas station when he gets out of the van is put on his shoes. I guess he was driving barefoot. Does that mean that Lucas and Chynna were in their van without their shoes when they were attacked - since they were found without their shoes?

I wonder why the back window was broken from the inside. Were they outside the van and someone went inside without them knowing, who then broke the window?

After watching video 1 I noticed
Lucas put his shoes on before getting out of van, possibly driving without shoes.
Chynna was wearing sandals
BC it is law to Pay at the Pump, so he had a credit card most likely with a PIN
It looks like he reached over to open passenger door for her. Possibly can’t open from outside.
She did a great job washing the windows ❤️❤️❤️
ETA. Looks like her hands were full when he opened the door for her

Last edited:
The first thing Lucas does at the gas station when he gets out of the van is put on his shoes. I guess he was driving barefoot. Does that mean that Lucas and Chynna were in their van without their shoes when they were attacked - since they were found without their shoes?

I wonder why the back window was broken from the inside. Were they outside the van and someone went inside without them knowing, who then broke the window?
I noticed the same thing regarding the shoes and wondered the same.

I’m not sure I totally believe that the window was broken from the inside, until the RCMP state it was. I noticed the shoes too.

My husband is from Australia. They drive in bare feet

full size high res image of person they want to speak with

Today, we are asking for public assistance in identifying a man whom investigators wish to speak with. The man, seen in this composite sketch, was seen speaking with Lucas on Highway 97 on the evening of Sunday July 14, 2019. He is described as:

• Caucasian,
  • with darker skin and dark hair,
  • he is shorter than Lucas, who is 6’ 3,
  • with a possible beard and/or glasses.
The man may be associated to an older model Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood and a black light/bull bar with small, covered lights. He is believed to have been travelling southbound.
67377_FORT_NELSON_2019-1416_COMPOSITE_SKETCH_large_.jpg

Canadian police say murder of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese could be linked to missing teens

By Sarah Thomas
42 mins ago
Canadian police have released a composite sketch of a man they believe to be one of the last people to speak to murdered Australian traveller Lucas Fowler and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese.

In a press conference in British Columbia, police said the murders of Mr Fowler, 23 and Ms Deese, 24, could be linked to the disappearance of two teenagers reported missing in the same province.

"It is unusual to have two major investigations of this nature and we recognise the possibility that these could be linked," said Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) spokeswoman Corporal Janelle Shoihet.
Corporal Shoihet showed a composite sketch of a man she said was one of the last people to speak to Mr Fowler on the evening of July 14.

He was described as Caucasian, with darker skin and dark hair with possible beard or glasses.

She said he was not a suspect, but a person of interest.

Lucas put his shoes on before getting out of van, possibly driving without shoes.
It looks like he reached over to open passenger door for her. Possibly can’t open from outside.

pull the handle from the inside and the door unlocks. moo.

I’m not sure I totally believe that the window was broken from the inside, until the RCMP state it was. I noticed the shoes too.

If you notice in the pic the orange markers behind the van and there appears to be things on the gravel. So indeed, it is credible the window was somehow busted from the inside.

Attachments

• 0AE8A956-31D0-4C85-B9C3-65C565E6F4DE.png
    0AE8A956-31D0-4C85-B9C3-65C565E6F4DE.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 43
ETA. Looks like her hands were full when he opened the door for her

I wondered if it was her card since he took some time and seemed to talk to her while trying to sort out the pump issue. He lived in BC from Feb until he was murdered, so he certainly knew how to work the gas pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98