Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That broken window perplexes me, and no, we don’t know any details regarding that (unless I’ve missed something).

One theory I have is that they were locked inside, and our two killers broke the window with the butstock of a gun, in order to coerce them outside.

If that explains it, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have busted out one of the front windows, and opened the door.

Weird. Then again we could say that to describe this whole damn thing.

The back window of the blue van was broken from the inside out. That was freely shared in the news right after it was found

End of the road for teenage Canadian serial killers: Coffins carrying the fugitives' remains are loaded into a police vehicle as footage emerges of the dense brush hide-out where they ate sardines, pork chops and oranges for their last meal

Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
2 hrs ago
Footage shows the densely-wooded area that served as the suspects' final hide-out, where they ate a meal of sardines, pork chops and oranges before setting alight the car they had driven across five Canadian provinces with police hot on their heels.

The burned-out vehicle, a discarded sleeping bag, scraps of pork and orange peels and a marooned aluminum boat formed a trail of evidence that led authorities to the bodies.

They were able to narrow the search after local tour guide Clint Sawchuk spotted a blue sleeping bag tangled in some willows in the Nelson River last Friday. They found a wrecked aluminum boat on the shore the following day.
At a press conference Wednesday, officials said autopsy will be performed Thursday to confirm the identities of the deceased, along with when and how they died.

Local media speculated that the teens could have succumbed to the harsh terrain, where threats included water contamination, anaphylactic shock and dangerous predators ranging from bloodsucking flies to a variety of bears.

Whatever the circumstance, it likely wasn't a comfortable end for the teenage killers.

The family Leonard Dyck is choosing to remember him by the quality of his life and by how much he loved his family and friends.

Dyck is one of three people believed to have been killed by Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod last month in northern B.C.

Eric Friesen, Dyck’s cousin, spoke to Global News in an exclusive interview — the first time the family has spoken publicly since their loved one was found dead on a northern B.C. highway.

Friesen, who lives in Calgary with his wife, remembers Dyck as a kind and gentle soul who was intelligent yet humble.

[...]

Friesen said it has been an incredibly difficult few weeks for the family, especially over the past 24 hours when RCMP officials discovered the bodies of the two young men wanted in connection to Dyck’s death, as well as the deaths of Australian Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese of North Carolina.

[...]

“We haven’t heard anything from the police… The way that he died — violently and murdered in cold blood — makes it very difficult to process any thoughts at this moment,” Friesen said. bbm

“There’s nothing we can do to bring Leonard back and restore our lives to before we found out about the deaths,” he said.

Dyck was no stranger to the outdoors and would often travel to remote areas, both on his own and with his family, Friesen said.

The trip to the Dease Lake area wasn’t part of original Dyck’s plans, Friesen said, adding he was only supposed to travel between Terrace and Stewart.

“[It was] kind of random in nature. He decided, ‘I’m going to go further up north. I got the time,’” he said said. bbm

Family of B.C. murder victim remembers Leonard Dyck as ‘gentle soul,’ family man | Globalnews.ca

I’m sorry if this has been answered already but I just got into service so haven’t had a chance to catch up in depth. By where they were found, would that 100% mean they were not sighted by the bear clan in York landing? Or could they have been and made it to where they were located? I cannot find a clear map with all these locations pointed out. (I’ll try reading backwards to catch up as quick as possible) but anyone have a super quick summary of facts and details so I don’t have to sift through false reports so long! You all always have the best researched Info before anywhere else! Thanks in advance!!!!
Search for username Otto and look at his maps, very informative (even if he won't show me 11000 sq mi).

The back window of the blue van was broken from the inside out. That was freely shared in the news right after it was found

but no one could see any shards of glass on the ground underneath the broken window, which led some to speculate it was actually shot from the outside in - that would also make more sense because why would the couple have a gun and why would they shoot their own window out

Last edited:
The family Leonard Dyck is choosing to remember him by the quality of his life and by how much he loved his family and friends.

Dyck is one of three people believed to have been killed by Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod last month in northern B.C.

Eric Friesen, Dyck’s cousin, spoke to Global News in an exclusive interview — the first time the family has spoken publicly since their loved one was found dead on a northern B.C. highway.

Friesen, who lives in Calgary with his wife, remembers Dyck as a kind and gentle soul who was intelligent yet humble.

[...]

Friesen said it has been an incredibly difficult few weeks for the family, especially over the past 24 hours when RCMP officials discovered the bodies of the two young men wanted in connection to Dyck’s death, as well as the deaths of Australian Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese of North Carolina.

[...]

“We haven’t heard anything from the police… The way that he died — violently and murdered in cold blood — makes it very difficult to process any thoughts at this moment,” Friesen said. bbm

“There’s nothing we can do to bring Leonard back and restore our lives to before we found out about the deaths,” he said.

Dyck was no stranger to the outdoors and would often travel to remote areas, both on his own and with his family, Friesen said.

The trip to the Dease Lake area wasn’t part of original Dyck’s plans, Friesen said, adding he was only supposed to travel between Terrace and Stewart.

“[It was] kind of random in nature. He decided, ‘I’m going to go further up north. I got the time,’” he said said. bbm

Family of B.C. murder victim remembers Leonard Dyck as ‘gentle soul,’ family man | Globalnews.ca
WOW, thanks for sharing that.

[...]

[...]

Ugh so he wasn’t even planning on being there. He made a last minute decision to go further north and it cost him his life :(

but no one could see any shards of glass on the ground underneath the broken window, which led some to speculate it was actually shot from the outside in - that woulds also make more sense because why would the couple have a gun and why would they shoot their own window out
The back door could have been open, too. And, maybe C or L was in the van, and someone was at the back door, and they shot at someone from inside. I saw a while back that LF had access, as it had to do with his job at the farm.

Ruth Dyck, Dr Len Dyck's wife, requested privacy as his family mourns. The RCMP honoured Mrs Dyck's wishes, by not releasing her husband's cause of death thus far.

Family spokesperson made first statement today, and cites police have told them nothing about LD's murder. I'm not certain family knows official cause of death. I'm assuming he was shot by teens, and same gun links the 3 murders. MOO

Last edited:
Just a reminder to those who have just joined this thread...the mod said that there will be NO talk at all about running drugs or the two having been on a drug running mission. I tried to find the post but couldn't, maybe someone else can.

I’m sorry if this has been answered already but I just got into service so haven’t had a chance to catch up in depth. By where they were found, would that 100% mean they were not sighted by the bear clan in York landing? Or could they have been and made it to where they were located? I cannot find a clear map with all these locations pointed out. (I’ll try reading backwards to catch up as quick as possible) but anyone have a super quick summary of facts and details so I don’t have to sift through false reports so long! You all always have the best researched Info before anywhere else! Thanks in advance!!!!

I'm willing to venture 100% that they were not seen by the Bear Clan in York Landing. Search dogs were on sight within 20 minutes and they did not pick up any scent. The suspects were not in Gillam. They were at Split Lake to get gas, and then NE of Gillam to burn the vehicle.

Also, if cause of death and identification is taking more than a day, I'm guessing that decomposition is an issue.

Let me share some maps

This is just NE of Gillam, opposite side of the river to Gillam (and York Landing)

upload_2019-8-8_18-25-4.png

Here's the bigger picture

upload_2019-8-8_18-26-3.png

Context matters. The words in bold are the key words that should inform Canadians that something very serious happened. No one needs to know whether the victims were blown up, stabbed or shot to know that something serious happened and people need to pay attention.
2019-07-16 11:18 PDT

"On Monday July 15 2019, at approximately 7:19 AM Northern Rockies front line officers were called to an area on highway 97 approximately 20 kilometers south of Liard Hot Springs.

Upon attendance police discovered two adults deceased. Both deaths appeared to be suspicious and Northern Rockies RCMP called for assistance from North District Major Crime Unit."​

The RCMP was putting out plenty of News Releases and Public Alerts, the problem is that the public wasn't reading them.

End of the road for teenage Canadian serial killers: Coffins carrying the fugitives' remains are loaded into a police vehicle as footage emerges of the dense brush hide-out where they ate sardines, pork chops and oranges for their last meal

Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
2 hrs ago
Footage shows the densely-wooded area that served as the suspects' final hide-out, where they ate a meal of sardines, pork chops and oranges before setting alight the car they had driven across five Canadian provinces with police hot on their heels.

The burned-out vehicle, a discarded sleeping bag, scraps of pork and orange peels and a marooned aluminum boat formed a trail of evidence that led authorities to the bodies.

They were able to narrow the search after local tour guide Clint Sawchuk spotted a blue sleeping bag tangled in some willows in the Nelson River last Friday. They found a wrecked aluminum boat on the shore the following day.
At a press conference Wednesday, officials said autopsy will be performed Thursday to confirm the identities of the deceased, along with when and how they died.

Local media speculated that the teens could have succumbed to the harsh terrain, where threats included water contamination, anaphylactic shock and dangerous predators ranging from bloodsucking flies to a variety of bears.

Whatever the circumstance, it likely wasn't a comfortable end for the teenage killers.

Hahaha! Oh my, that is dreadful! See, this is why we don't need a military to protect our northern border. We have bloodsucking flies and a variety of bears. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy