Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poorly equipped and historically absent parents like AS often gravitate to the buddy role rather than the parental role they should have. It’s easier and lets them off the hook for the tougher stuff, but it doesn’t come with many privileges.
Very true! Imagine there's a bit of a vicious cycle there. He may have always had that sort of relationship with his son, which made his son less likely to see him as an authority figure, so if he suddenly morphed into one, it's a "Hey, why are you telling me what to do?!" situation.

And I imagine AS realized, even if he didn't want to admit it, that the relationship he and his son had, which seemed good for a couple of years, was still tenuous and built on a fraught history. So, he's not going to jeopardize it for appearing shrill and smothering while he's on a roadtrip with his buddy.

Interestingly, didn't BS keep up with grandma until the 14th or the 15th? Wonder if he accepted her as more of an authority figure and made a point of staying in touch with her longer because he knew she'd be more vocal if he didn't. He also certainly gave her an excuse for leaving that sounds like something you'd give someone someone you considered an authority figure. Rather than the vagueness he gave dad, he gave her a specific location and a specific reason.

I asked this before and received no answer.

I’m wondering if someone could clarify on the process. BS and KM remains are currently in Winnipeg undergoing an autopsy. Will all forensics be conducted and gathered there or will their bodies be sent to BC for further investigation and gathering of evidence? I’m curious because the murders were all in BC and all evidence from those murders are in BC.

Just read this article ‘Murder is not a private matter’: RCMP owe public more answers about suspected B.C. killers, critics say — The Star. Some interesting concerns. They go over the questions that still need to be answered. They say that it was a tip that lead to the boys being named suspects. I didn’t know that.

“What led police to first suspect Schmegelsky and McLeod?

The RCMP have previously told Star Vancouver that a tip changed the status of the two men from “missing persons” to “suspects” on July 23 — and it was very sudden. What was that tip? “

I've been waiting for those texts to come out since I first saw the interview with him. He showed the reporter his phone in it and I always assumed it would eventually come out.

Thanks for linking that.

they showed the screenshot in that interview - I saw it - maybe they edited it out of the version you saw

Who is CG?
The most infamous gamer swatter in Canadian history. I described his actions in response to your swatting comment.

If a random male calls in a murder or bomb in your home, the first response should NOT be a SWAT team breaking down the door!

However, a highway employee AND a medic like Trevor Pierre should be trusted to raise an immediate alarm after coming across a murder scene, or a bomb.

The RCMP was putting out plenty of News Releases and Public Alerts, the problem is that the public wasn't reading them.
No the first one they put out was 36hrs after they got to the couple. My issue is that 36hrs is way too late. There should have been an immediate alert out to the public in northern B.C., northern Alberta and Yukon.

Very true! Imagine there's a bit of a vicious cycle there. He may have always had that sort of relationship with his son, which made his son less likely to see him as an authority figure, so if he suddenly morphed into one, it's a "Hey, why are you telling me what to do?!" situation.

And I imagine AS realized, even if he didn't want to admit it, that the relationship he and his son had, which seemed good for a couple of years, was still tenuous and built on a fraught history. So, he's not going to jeopardize it for appearing shrill and smothering while he's on a roadtrip with his buddy.

Interestingly, didn't BS keep up with grandma until the 14th or the 15th? Wonder if he accepted her as more of an authority figure and made a point of staying in touch with her longer because he knew she'd be more vocal if he didn't. He also certainly gave her an excuse for leaving that sounds like something you'd give someone someone you considered an authority figure. Rather than the vagueness he gave dad, he gave her a specific location and a specific reason.

Based on my own dad, I totally agree with this assessment of their relationship being awkward.

I also agree about his grandma. His grandma had nothing but positive things to say about him in the media and said he was "a great kid and I enjoyed having him live with me." Of course that could be a lie, but I don't think so, especially since his great-uncle corroborated it. He hated and disrespected his mom and he only saw his dad once or twice a month if at all. I think his grandma was really the only person he saw as a legitimate parental figure because based on what we know, she was probably the only parental figure he had seen that kept things relatively together and didn't go totally off the rails with cops, social workers, and everything. That's why she had no idea of how messed up he really was -- just like how most teenagers have a whole side of their life that they hide from their parents because they know their parents would be upset if they knew. JMO.

Canada has very few murders outside of gang, but those that are not gang are really strange. Even these 3 murders are in that category.

I feel for all the victims in this case, including the people who were first on the scene, and who reported these crimes. There are far more than five families affected. Entire communities are processing what happened, and this will go on for years. Sometimes you never stop sitting with your back to a wall and your eyes on the exit.

Who says they didn't? Just because no one has told the media a local tracker worked with the RCMP doesn't mean one didn't. What we hear is a fraction of what actually happens.

New York Fries and Smoke's Poutinerie both have a butter chicken poutine. But more importantly, Smoke's has a perogie poutine.

this is so off topic but is that then perogies on fries? why not serve them with some mashed and have triple taters.

Yeah, nothing surrounding the van makes any sense to me really....well...nothing surrounding Any of it does, but my focus is still on that van and their truck.
If they were so hell bent on hiding evidence then I personally feel they would have burnt that van with the bodies inside it.

Definitely could have broken the window with something else, but they would have had to touch the door handle to open the door, and if there was any sort of struggle with the door then that would very likely leave some evidence as well.

I thought it was mentioned at one point that the van's rear window was broken from the inside?
Maybe the door was open when it was broken?

I asked this before and received no answer.

I’m wondering if someone could clarify on the process. BS and KM remains are currently in Winnipeg undergoing an autopsy. Will all forensics be conducted and gathered there or will their bodies be sent to BC for further investigation and gathering of evidence? I’m curious because the murders were all in BC and all evidence from those murders are in BC.

One autopsy will be done in Manitoba. The results will be forwarded to BC. It's all under some branch of the RCMP, so the info will be shared.

Just read this article ‘Murder is not a private matter’: RCMP owe public more answers about suspected B.C. killers, critics say — The Star. Some interesting concerns. They go over the questions that still need to be answered. They say that it was a tip that lead to the boys being named suspects. I didn’t know that.

“What led police to first suspect Schmegelsky and McLeod?

The RCMP have previously told Star Vancouver that a tip changed the status of the two men from “missing persons” to “suspects” on July 23 — and it was very sudden. What was that tip? “
Thanks for that link! I had trouble with accessing it--kept sending me to Apple News--so I had to google it, but it was worth reading! (Just FYI for anyone else having issues: ‘Murder is not a private matter’: RCMP owe public more answers about suspected B.C. killers, critics say | The Star).

I hadn't realized a tip is what changed them from missing to suspects. Was it a tip about seeing them after they were deemed missing and asked to contact police. Or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader