Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Money might be used for grief counseling.

It wouldn’t be expected that any of the 3 victims family need to apply to BC Victims Services for money for grief counselling.

BC RCMP investigators have spoken to the families of Leonard Dyck, Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese and provided them with the latest update. The RCMP will continue to offer support to them understanding that the traumatic losses they have gone through do not end with the deaths of these men whom we believe to be our suspects.

We will also continue to offer support to the Port Alberni families of the two men as they deal with these difficult developments...”

RCMP in British Columbia - BC RCMP announce update in the ongoing northern BC homicide investigations

I’m not feeling that confident on an update today.

Watching CBC News Network - saying they are still awaiting news from BC RCMP of a "possible press conference", "perhaps today." Given that it's already 12:30 here in BC and they'd need to give journalists some lead time for a press conference, would not be surprised if we don't hear anything today.

Also this tweet from a National Post correspondent: Tyler Dawson on Twitter

"Query: Has any reporter, in the entire country, managed to get ahold of the B.C. RCMP for any information, at all, about when they're going to update the public on the autopsies of the bodies believed to be Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky?"
Way too much secrecy going on here! Like the saying goes “ if it smells like $&@! , it is $&@!”

It is only our presumption, isn't it, that they are the ones who burned their vehicle.
It is not beyond the realm of possibility that another person or persons would have compelling reason to burn a stolen vehicle, especially one featured almost daily in the national and international news. MOO I think that they were declared to be suspects on Tuesday, July 23 and the vehicle was torched the following day, Wednesday, July 24.

Actually, the burnt Rav 4 was found July 22 and they were named as suspects July 23rd. When the Rav was torched they were only considered missing.

Watching CBC News Network - saying they are still awaiting news from BC RCMP of a "possible press conference", "perhaps today." Given that it's already 12:30 here in BC and they'd need to give journalists some lead time for a press conference, would not be surprised if we don't hear anything today.

Also this tweet from a National Post correspondent: Tyler Dawson on Twitter

"Query: Has any reporter, in the entire country, managed to get ahold of the B.C. RCMP for any information, at all, about when they're going to update the public on the autopsies of the bodies believed to be Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky?"
The last one was announced with very little warning as I recall. Wasn't it announced only an hour or so before the PC happened? Might be the same here.

Must be same coroner/medical examiner who did Epstein.

Dr. Baden was there for the Epstein one, and he’s arguably the best in the business.

This isn’t about who did the autopsy in this case, it’s about RCMP disseminating the results to the public.

Still waiting...

Im thinking when/if police have a media conference outlining evidence that WS is going to be using 110% of all server capacity, todays glitches might feel like a mere flat speed bump at that time lol.

For me it's been having glitches the entire time...not saving thanks on posts, not multi-quoting, not posting. In my experience every software application, especially if it relies heavily on writing to and reading from databases, is sort of held together with tape and chewing gum behind the scenes.

Also Kam and Bryer's bodies were found at 10 am last week, the press conference was announced like 60 or 90 minutes before...we might still get one today...I hope so!

Depends where you live, in northern BC there are a lot of mosquitos, black flies etc.

I agree, when I scrolled down her page after reading her statement, she was pretty angry at the NC Charlotte Post? news reporters hovering around her sister's funeral.
That is just so disrespectful!

People are quick to write that they believe these two are guilty of all three murderers, which is by no means a stretch.

RCMP believes that to be the case.

We all want to know what the evidence is though.
Guilty until proven dead. But seriously, yes - we want as many details on the evidence as possible.

I believe the RCMP was pretty open about the process that they needed to go through before they made an announcement. The bodies have to be positively identified, the families informed and then we're next. Too bad it's not like CSI.
I understand that completely but just seems like everything in this investigation has been this way.

It is puzzling why they torched the RAV4. Maybe someone knows?: would there be radio service up there? Maybe they could pick up a signal out of Thompson? Maybe they torched it to attract LE in an attempt to ambush them? Suicide by cop? Maybe they thought for sure the Mounties are on to us, waited and when no one came they hatched another plan...

If they were listening to the radio all they would hear was that their burnt truck/camper was found and a deceased unidentified male body was found 2km from the burning truck. BS/KM would have heard they were considered missing.
They would never have heard they were wanted for second degree murder, and they never would have heard they were suspects in the Chynna & Lucas' murders.
The murder charge and naming them suspects did not come until July 23rd, and it appears BS/KM were in the bush by them, likely with no access to news reports.

Yes, I agree, there’s a misperception that one can live and survive in the far north without creating any attention, build a log cabin on some remote piece of land and hunt, trap and fish for survival. Perhaps that ridiculous notion first began with the story of the The Mad Trapper of Rat River. The same sort of idealized attraction also was featured by “Into the Wild” and Chris McCandless’s venture into Alaska. To two teens lacking any worldly experience, prone to acting out fantasy video games in real life, it wouldn’t surprise me if they also believed they’d be able to successfully disappear.

Google Dick Proenneke. Amazing story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member