Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lalalacasbah for what it's worth I was the one who mentioned Kam's thing for cats, Cthulhu and Pokemon. Not a big deal, but hey, credit where credit is due right? ;)
P.S. Even though I'm a huge gamer, I hate Pokemon. That entire phenomena just missed me in the mid to late 90's. I swear the cutoff for that whole thing was anyone born after 1984. I was 1983. Phew.

Last edited:
IIRC that was the mom’s comment.

Seeing as one of the brothers works in surveillance I assume he would have an appreciation to the search optimization on the internet.

There was another article earlier on where one of the brother’s is keen to have all the supplied info from the investigation so that they have no surprises in the future. I think there is probably Mom who won’t want to know these details and the one or two siblings who will take that part on.

I find the YouTube videos odd.
I also find the videos odd.

@NJSleuth91 I totally agree with you on the ashes thing. I can't imagine there was ever any suggestion of burying their actual bodies. But if that were the case I could totally see them requesting they have a plot together. When they said what they wanted done with their remains I pictured Kam and Bryer saying something like; "If you ever find what's left of us, we want to be burned and then scattered together at [insert place they loved to hangout or camp or someplace really special.] I can't imagine given the condition they were likely in when they recorded that video they got very poetic or melodramatic with where and how they would like to have their remains placed. (If they indeed recorded right before they killed themselves.) But then so much has surprised me in this ordeal, maybe they had discussed it for a day or so, "rehearsed" if you will, what they would say in that final video. You and I have said, they had plenty of time to talk about life and we were dying to know the discussions that took place while they were alone together all that time. Even though the video clip was was brief, I do think the tone was probably very sad and grim. Physically they probably looked like they had been through absolute hell. I pictured them: cold, tired, disheveled, wet, hungry, dehydrated, starving, pale, wasted, covered in mosquitoes and bites. I don't mean for it to sound morbid but I would want to do a compare and contrast to the Meadow Lake footage and that final video. However many days later they filmed it after the 21st. I do think they apologized too, to everyone. I think when it got down to those final hours they were ready to die but also regretted it ever having come to this.

When they said what they wanted done with their remains I pictured Kam and Bryer saying something like; "If you ever find what's left of us, we want to be burned and then scattered together at [insert place they loved to hangout or camp or someplace really special.]

That's exactly what I imagined too.

I feel like they expected to be found though. I think they left the items in the boat as a kind of "marker" for the RCMP to find them (I hope the report will explain what that was all about!) They weren't that far from the RAV4 burn site -- only about five miles -- and it sounds like they weren't that far from the riverbank either, which would be a logical searching point. With such an extensive manhunt, it makes sense given their final location, that they would be found eventually. In fact I think they likely would have been found a lot sooner if not for the York Landing thing (JMO).

But then so much has surprised me in this ordeal, maybe they had discussed it for a day or so, "rehearsed" if you will, what they would say in that final video.

It's definitely possible. I get the impression that the videos may have been very "teen angst" and dramatic, especially if they actually used the phrase "last will and testament" in the video itself. If so I can see them rehearsing it beforehand and deciding what to say and how to word it. I mean at some point they must have had the conversation about how they had final wishes in the first place that they wanted to record, or what goodbye message they were going to leave. The fact that it was only 30 seconds also indicates possible rehearsal to me, since it wasn't rambling all over the place and they probably spoke pretty quickly.

You and I have said, they had plenty of time to talk about life and we were dying to know the discussions that took place while they were alone together all that time. Even though the video clip was was brief, I do think the tone was probably very sad and grim. Physically they probably looked like they had been through absolute hell. I pictured them: cold, tired, disheveled, wet, hungry, dehydrated, starving, pale, wasted, covered in mosquitoes and bites. I don't mean for it to sound morbid but I would want to do a compare and contrast to the Meadow Lake footage and that final video. However many days later they filmed it after the 21st. I do think they apologized too, to everyone. I think when it got down to those final hours they were ready to die but also regretted it ever having come to this.

I hope we find out an approximate date of death, so we can at least extrapolate what condition they were in at the time of the last video. The RCMP must know that from the metadata on the video. My guess is still that they lived 3-5 days. But who knows.

And I hope we at least know what was on the videos. I think those are the key to the whole thing.

Can anyone kindly copy the information about Lucas/Chynna visiting Peru from this Daily Telegraph article? I always hit paywall.

Aug. 8, 2019 · After years crisscrossing the globe from one exotic location to another, Lucas Fowler finally settled ... But when the couple visited him for a week in Peru last year, it was clear they were in love.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0OwjrHEPK_LIKg024FZwoA&cshid=1569520414864

And the report is coming out too, according to the headline?!

Also wow, that's my 28th birthday...this is going to be the weirdest birthday ever.
HBD. Leonard Dyck was born on July 9, a year after Kevin O'Leary, and 11 years before me.

I hope the report answers some of our questions.

Besides learning of other stops, sightings and surveillance of the suspects I have a whole bunch of questions I hope we get answers on:

- Confirmation of LD’s date of death.
- Is there evidence to confirm that LD was both encountered and also murdered at the location where his body was recovered?

- Does the video evidence document their travels, encounters with victims, murder of victims?
-Did they reveal their motive?
-Did they demonstrate any remorse?

- Confirmation of where weapons were obtained from.
- How many weapons (guns or other) did the suspects have with them?
- Were the same weapons used on victims as themselves?

- Did Kam’s family have prior knowledge and permission for him to use the camper van for this specific out of province road trip? Was KM insured on the vehicle and/or the registered owner?

- Is there any evidence towards any prior connections between the suspects and any of the victims?

- Was the area where the suspects bodies recovered searched in prior sweeps?

- Based on the estimate of date of death of the suspects would gunfire have been heard by officers in the area? Was gunshot fire reported?

Other details I wonder about:
- what smashed the van window
- Was the sighting at the jade store confirmed and how? I.e. via video footage
- Meadow Lake Coop purchases
- Was the sighting at the hair salon confirmed?
- How was the photo of a doppelgänger confirmed to be a prank?

Can anyone kindly copy the information about Lucas/Chynna visiting Peru from this Daily Telegraph article? I always hit paywall.

Aug. 8, 2019 · After years crisscrossing the globe from one exotic location to another, Lucas Fowler finally settled ... But when the couple visited him for a week in Peru last year, it was clear they were in love.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0OwjrHEPK_LIKg024FZwoA&cshid=1569520414864

I hit a paywall too but here is a bit extra to go with it:
But when the couple visited him for a week in Peru last year, it was clear they were in love. ... When Mr Barrios first met Mr Fowler in 2010 after arriving at Ku-ring-gai High, in Sydney's north, from Peru, he knew no one and had only a loose grasp of English.”

BTW I thought of something. I think we can probably rule out that they filmed the murders. If they did, it wouldn't require a 1-hour technical briefing to explain the evidence that proved they did it. So that's good.

I never thought they did anyway...too logistically difficult and doesn't fit their disorganized killer M.O.

I hit a paywall too but here is a bit extra to go with it:
But when the couple visited him for a week in Peru last year, it was clear they were in love. ... When Mr Barrios first met Mr Fowler in 2010 after arriving at Ku-ring-gai High, in Sydney's north, from Peru, he knew no one and had only a loose grasp of English.”
Thanks so much, that helps a lot.

So, Chynna and Lucas visited his high school classmate from Peru, Mr. Barrios, around Oct 2018. Then Lucas came to stay in Dease home in Charlotte, on a 90 day visa waiver, which expired in January 2019. Then he came to Calgary and looked for jobs.

BTW I thought of something. I think we can probably rule out that they filmed the murders. If they did, it wouldn't require a 1-hour technical briefing to explain the evidence that proved they did it. So that's good.

I never thought they did anyway...too logistically difficult and doesn't fit their disorganized killer M.O.

I would be shocked if they did that and I doubt they would have but I am curious if they took photos of who they were preying on or after they were murdered.

Thanks so much, that helps a lot.

So, Chynna and Lucas visited his high school classmate from Peru, Mr. Barrios, around Oct 2018. Then Lucas came to stay in Dease home in Charlotte, on a 90 day visa waiver, which expired in January 2019. Then he came to Calgary and looked for jobs.

That sounds right. I think there was a globe or star article with this person too.. lived in Ottawa or something.

I doubt it. I think they fit the disorganized killer profile pretty exactly and got out of there as fast as possible. JMO.

Yeah it just makes me wonder because of the one witness who said CD and LF were positioned the same. And another thought would be for if it was some sort of proof for an initiation.

I would be shocked if they did that and I doubt they would have but I am curious if they took photos of who they were preying on or after they were murdered.
My suspicion is that most of the evidence connecting the suspects to the two crime scenes is digital rather than physical in nature.

I think their devices were determined to be at the crime scenes at the times of the murders via GPS... or knowing connectivity is pretty poor out there, perhaps they did take photos or videos at the scenes that uploaded automatically to their cloud services when they hit a cellular or Wifi network. Perhaps they were even noticed by a family member who contacted authorities.

There would be a lot of tech stuff to brief the media about either way I’m sure. MOO.

While we're keeping our powder dry until tomorrow, I want to express gratitude to everyone in these threads for some excellent insights, proceduraly informative discussions and poignant questioning regarding these mindless killings. I hope we never forget these feelings of outrage.

Those moving memorial videos posted by Lalalacasbah, just spin on loop mode throughout the day. What an absolutely senseless tragedy we've shared. Thank you all.

My suspicion is that most of the evidence connecting the suspects to the two crime scenes is digital rather than physical in nature.

I think their devices were determined to be at the crime scenes at the times of the murders via GPS... or knowing connectivity is pretty poor out there, perhaps they did take photos or videos at the scenes that uploaded automatically to their cloud services when they hit a cellular or Wifi network. Perhaps they were even noticed by a family member who contacted authorities.

There would be a lot of tech stuff to brief the media about either way I’m sure. MOO.

This is a long shot but what if they actually sent one or more of the videos to people they knew, on purpose? Before they went into the woods of course.

While we're keeping our powder dry until tomorrow, I want to express gratitude to everyone in these threads for some excellent insights, proceduraly informative discussions and poignant questioning regarding these mindless killings. I hope we never forget these feelings of outrage.

Those moving memorial videos posted by Lalalacasbah, just spin on loop mode throughout the day. What an absolutely senseless tragedy we've shared. Thank you all.

What a long, strange, disturbing journey it's been...and will continue to be.

Besides learning of other stops, sightings and surveillance of the suspects I have a whole bunch of questions I hope we get answers on:

- Confirmation of LD’s date of death.
- Is there evidence to confirm that LD was both encountered and also murdered at the location where his body was recovered?

- Does the video evidence document their travels, encounters with victims, murder of victims?
-Did they reveal their motive?
-Did they demonstrate any remorse?

- Confirmation of where weapons were obtained from.
- How many weapons (guns or other) did the suspects have with them?
- Were the same weapons used on victims as themselves?

- Did Kam’s family have prior knowledge and permission for him to use the camper van for this specific out of province road trip? Was KM insured on the vehicle and/or the registered owner?

- Is there any evidence towards any prior connections between the suspects and any of the victims?

- Was the area where the suspects bodies recovered searched in prior sweeps?

- Based on the estimate of date of death of the suspects would gunfire have been heard by officers in the area? Was gunshot fire reported?

Other details I wonder about:
- what smashed the van window
- Was the sighting at the jade store confirmed and how? I.e. via video footage
- Meadow Lake Coop purchases
- Was the sighting at the hair salon confirmed?
- How was the photo of a doppelgänger confirmed to be a prank?

I would add to your extensive list...

Did they give notice to Walmart? and did they collect a reference from Walmart that said, well, Kam and Bry worked here for 5 weeks, they were not Dukes of diligence or Princes of punctuality but they did what was required of them, surely this would be necessary for job seeking in Whitehorse, or Yukon. A record of a job just previously held is a real key to re -employment.

Or did they just collect their pay for that week and go because I didn't get the impression that a lot of talk or planning had gone into the trip. Gran wasn't too sure exactly where they were going, and it is significant that they were not near where they told Gran, and Alan thought his son was off to Alberta, but even he looked like he knew he was flimm-flammed on that one. He just didn't know why.

I think they went as soon as they 'acquired the guns'. And once acquired, they had to put a fair distance between themselves and the soon-to-be cranky gun owner before that unfortunate owner twigged to his loss. So no formal notice to Walmart, tell Gran a bit of a fib, snooker Alan in case someone asks him where Bryer is, and so on.

Because I don't believe anyone gave them the guns and I don't believe they purchased them by themselves. They stole them, but one of them must have known exactly where they were, they were accessible, in other words, otherwise the risk was colossal , and I can't see Bryer doing the stealing because he didn't have a car, and didn't drive, and would look a peanut strolling home past the Foxy Lox Hair Salon in PA with a couple of .22's under his arm. I just don't see Gran with a few rifles stored in the wood basket.

So that leaves Kam with that particular contribution to the venture.

I don't think they set out with any idea of crossing Canada, who does the grand tour with 100''s of PO'd highly alert RCMP officers , armed and ready for bear on your tail, chasing you clear across the country? . That was the change in plan once they 'aquired' Prof' Dyck's vehicle.

Hence, once RCMP managed to sort out and separate the burnt K and B vehicle from the body of Prof Dyck they would then know very clearly , having contacted the parents, exactly what weaponry they were togged up with, how much ammo, and their general experience and skill set. If the body didn't own the burnt vehicle, then the body's vehicle must be in the hands of the people who were responsible for this murder . It stands to reason that therefore, the owner of the burnt vehicle has removed themselves in the vehicle of the dead person.

This is the info the RCMP would have had from the beginning of the search, and very much a part of why they were tagged as suspects, upgraded rather swiftly to 2nd deg murder, and then up graded to Armed and Dangerous do not approach.,

Not just two missing young men, but two armed, illegally armed, as no one has said either of them were licensed, would have rung bells all over. Why would they go off armed to the teeth? . ..

I simply am gobsmacked at the expectation that there will be an outpouring of guilt and remorse and deep sorrow, and so on ,. on this 'last will' tape.

I honestly do not see that as even having the slightest remotest chance of happening!. I fully expect a bit of a summing up of the faults of some people , an attempt to link other peoples edicts to them as the causation of all this hoo haa and even going so far as to point out lessons people could learn , and do better!.. not them, naturally, but probably a host of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper