Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea. I would like to know what the deal is with the Instagram thing -- if it ever even happened, and if so, whether it was them or someone else who did it -- but I don't know if we will ever know.
From what I read it happened around the same time as when the witness who apparantly knew those two went in to make a report. Do you think that could be a coincidence?

from your link -

“One thing I always wondered was what efforts police made to track the boys via their mobile phones. Police say they reached out to their mobile phone providers back when they thought they may be victims. The investigator says 'We know that the last time Kam's phone is active is on the 17th July and Bryer's is before that. We were consistently checking throughout the investigation to see if phones were on in an effort to track them – they were never turned on.'

In the days after the three victims' bodies were found, police discovered Kam's damaged SIM card. Police admit they still don't know what happened to the boys' mobile phones.

Another question a lot of people had was whether one of the two boys was the ringleader, and the other was just following along. Investigators don't agree with this theory, saying they do not believe there was a definite leader between the two of them – describing their offending as a 'partnership'...”
Sounds like they ditched the phones while in the Yukon. They could have thrown them out the window anywhere while driving so who knows where they are. I wonder if the police checked out that rest stop where the stalked that person? Hope so.

I was one of those people who noticed Bryer’s IG profile pic had changed. A burner phone seems likely - they’d want to check the news on themselves. But then why wouldn’t they have used the burner phone to record their videos? Maybe the burner was dumped when they were dropping weight? Or burned in a fire? I remember the keys that were left behind in the Rav4 fire for a week... it’s possible a burner phone could have been left behind/not found. Given the area they were in and how dense it is it’s possible some evidence wasn’t recovered.

I was one of those people who noticed Bryer’s IG profile pic had changed. A burner phone seems likely - they’d want to check the news on themselves. But then why wouldn’t they have used the burner phone to record their videos? Maybe the burner was dumped when they were dropping weight? Or burned in a fire? I remember the keys that were left behind in the Rav4 fire for a week... it’s possible a burner phone could have been left behind/not found. Given the area they were in and how dense it is it’s possible some evidence wasn’t recovered.

Do you remember what day that happened? According to the comments it seems like it was the 22nd. On the 22nd they were at the McDonalds in Thompson Manitoba which has free wifi at 1:10PM PST/3:10 PM CDT. Their friend reported them at 2 PM PST.

It's possible the police know about it but didn't put it in the report if a) they were never able to confirm it was them, b) it wasn't necessary to put it in there because it doesn't fulfill the purpose of proving they committed the murders, c) maybe to prevent them from gaining more notoriety.

doesn't have to be phone connecting to wifi. they could have had tablet or any device that could connect. doesn't have to be their item connecting, could have signed in from any item they had access to.

Well what I'm saying is, if they really had no access to their phones after the 17th, then a) did that actually happen (I can't imagine multiple people from multiple sources that reported seeing it change would all be lying), and b) was it them that changed it?
Very good question, and there has to be another answer because no way were their phones not tracked.

Al Schmegelsky 1 hour ago
Maybe it is a good time to talk about the harmful impact of “parental alienation “. Some of our senators have tried to bring up this issue. Let’s face it, everybody knows a child that is a product of divorce. Truth is fourteen years after Bryer was abducted from his family home I still don’t have a separation agreement or a divorce despite taken all appropriate steps. Bryer’s step sister was abducted from Alberta and moved to bc under similar circumstances. Lies and fabrications were something I had to endure during all this. So did the other father involved here. Two kids, two dads, same mother. Let’s connect the dots, everyone that wants to know why.

A burner phone wouldn't help. It actually doesn't matter how they updated instagram, once police became aware that Instagram was updated, they could go to Instagram and get the IP address for the update. They would then know where the update originated. But of course K&B would be long gone by then...

Does anyone know how the butterflies were added to the pic?

... I rescued my kid in 2016 only to have port alberni rcmp and vicpd abduct him against his wishes, he truly wanted to emancipate himself from his guardians and he begged and pleaded NOT to be returned to port alberni. Tanya Fletcher has the police file numbers as do a lot of news people. RCMP want to pretend these files don't exist even though I openly discussed them with rcmp Friday afternoon. ...

This is pretty huge in my view. We wondered how this ended and now we have our answer. BS was removed from AS by the authorities and returned against his will to Port Alberni. Mom exerting her custodial rights. That is exactly the type of thing that could fuel a rage against an unjust society.

Al Schmegelsky 1 hour ago
Maybe it is a good time to talk about the harmful impact of “parental alienation “. Some of our senators have tried to bring up this issue. Let’s face it, everybody knows a child that is a product of divorce. Truth is fourteen years after Bryer was abducted from his family home I still don’t have a separation agreement or a divorce despite taken all appropriate steps. Bryer’s step sister was abducted from Alberta and moved to bc under similar circumstances. Lies and fabrications were something I had to endure during all this. So did the other father involved here. Two kids, two dads, same mother. Let’s connect the dots, everyone that wants to know why.

He is not legally divorced from his wife? Not even a custody arrangement? If so there is something wonky going on here.

This is pretty huge in my view. We wondered how this ended and now we have our answer. BS was removed from AS by the authorities and returned against his will to Port Alberni. Mom exerting her custodial rights. That is exactly the type of thing that could fuel a rage against an unjust society.
Agreed. And if all of what AS is sharing is true, I can absolutely believe that he fought - tooth and nail - for his son and on his son's behalf.

Further to my previous post, I'm wondering if this witness was the person who took the photo of them in LD's car.

@JudgeJudi someone photographed them in the RAV? You're not referring to the photo they revealed at the first press conference from the gas station in Meadow Lake? Did someone else photograph them in the RAV? I never heard about this. Also, notice how the electrical tape is still on the RAV in the Meadow Lake photo on the 21st. Strange, if they did allegedly get stuck in Cold Lake, Ste-Croix never mentioned that detail. If I was helping someone get their car unstuck I definitely would have noticed electrical tap pin striping and probably commented on it or made a joke about it. Speaking of which, has anyone ever listened to the radio interview Ste-Croix did? Just listening to him tell the story it sounds so odd. Particularly the; "Mom and dad told me to go on a long joy ride." comment. Who talks like that? I would have responded with; "To be fair, they told me to go on a road trip or a long road trip" or something to that effect. But joy ride though? That line has always stood out to me from his report. Anyway, I wish the Meadow Lake photo was clearer so we could see how much mud, if any, is splattered on the RAV. Another thing I noticed, it looks like there's some mud on the mirror in the Fairview gas station photo which I would expect. Also, does the RAV have two different colored mirrors? Silver on the passenger and matte black on the driver side? Or is that an optical illusion? I remember when the Meadow Lake photo was shown I thought; "Huh, they must have stopped at a car wash because I pictured that thing being sprayed in mud after being stuck." Then again, in the Twitter photo it looks more like muddy water and wet grass they were stuck in. Yet also, if they washed it wouldn't it have ruined the DIY pinstriping? I'm not saying Ste-Croix made it all up, but it still makes me suspicious all these weeks later. To be fair, Kam and Bryer's alleged route did put them in or near Cold Lake. For anyone that was curious as well, it was Six Points Senior Home in Cold Lake they were supposedly stuck by. It's plausible, I mean if Kam and Bryer were traveling Highway 55 in Alberta, it's only a few turns off the main drag if they were pulling over to rest for the night in an inconspicuous spot. I'll link the Twitter photo and the audio interview for anyone who's interested or would like to revisit.

One more thing, if they allegedly never turned their phones on from the 17th onward, why is Bryer checking his phone in the Fairview photo on the 20th? Kam could have left his SIM card in Dease Lake on the 18th to add to the mystery, but his phone was still fully capable of connecting to WiFi without the SIM. He even could have changed his mind and got rid of it later that night or the following day. Bryer it seems kept his, but perhaps only turned it on for a few minutes at a time. He might even be powering it off in the Fairview photo, maybe checking to see if there was free WiFi and then immediately shut it off. Like he never had it on quite long enough to get a sufficient track. If he did change the Instagram photo in Thompson on the 22nd I wonder if he even cared if they tracked his phone at that point? How accurate is tracking someone via public WiFi connections? I'm not very familiar with how that works.

Twitter

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudb...n-unknowingly-helps-murder-suspects-1.5229940

Attachments

• fairviewAB (2).jpg
    fairviewAB (2).jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 67411_rav4.jpg
    67411_rav4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 32
If I was helping someone get their car unstuck I definitely would have noticed electrical tap pin striping and probably commented on it or made a joke about it. Speaking of which, has anyone ever listened to the radio interview Ste-Croix did? Just listening to him tell the story it sounds so odd. Particularly the; "Mom and dad told me to go on a long joy ride." comment. Who talks like that? I would have responded with; "To be fair, they told me to go on a road trip or a long road trip" or something to that effect. But joy ride though?

I could see it happening. Teenager's say dumb things and it's so specific I doubt he made it up. I think it was not included because it doesn't fit the narrative of the final report.

A burner phone wouldn't help. It actually doesn't matter how they updated instagram, once police became aware that Instagram was updated, they could go to Instagram and get the IP address for the update. They would then know where the update originated. But of course K&B would be long gone by then...

Yes, the police could have traced it. However they burned the car about four hours later and -- if there was a burner phone -- probably the phone with it (or otherwise disposed of the phone beforehand). So most likely the police weren't able to actually use that tracking for anything.

Does anyone know how the butterflies were added to the pic?

Most likely a Snapchat filter at the time the photo was taken.

The thing is, there's sort of third-party corroboration? If it was just him saying it I'd be like "yeah ok whatever" and not just believe it at face value. But:
a) he has a lawyer working pro bono on this case who keeps talking about the need for an inquest,
b) in the interview with Bryer's neighbor, she talks about his life from ages 11-13 (ie. when Bryer's dad was long out of the picture), she says he had a terrible home life and she still feels bad for him, and makes allusions to various things.

I'm not saying Ste-Croix made it all up, but it still makes me suspicious all these weeks later.

The thing is, the RCMP said they confirmed Ste-Croix's sighting at the time when it happened, which means they believed him. But then it wasn't in the report. But since the report was only a summary of the findings, it's possible they left it out because all the other sightings were confirmed with surveillance footage and that one wasn't. Like it wasn't really necessary to prove the route they took.

Particularly the; "Mom and dad told me to go on a long joy ride." comment. Who talks like that?

That's actually very believable to me. It's always sounded to me like a line someone would say in a movie and people would roll their eyes because it was chewing the scenery. Now that we know it was planned and that these guys were super dramatic and cinematic about what they did, and trying to have notoriety, it makes total sense that Kam would say that.

One more thing, if they allegedly never turned their phones on from the 17th onward, why is Bryer checking his phone in the Fairview photo on the 20th?

We don't know for sure that's what he was doing...but it sure looks like it, doesn't it?

Good point! Does McDonald’s have tablets for customer use?

I don't think so? I haven't been to a McDonalds in like 10 years though LOL.

@NJSleuth91 that timeline seems about right.

Yeah I think we can say that the changing of the picture actually did happen, and most likely happened on the 22nd. Multiple accounts have corroborated it and if you said it happened, I'm going to believe you. The questions are:

*Who changed it? Was it actually Kam and Bryer, or someone hacking into Bryer's profile for trolling purposes, or what?
*If it was Kam and Bryer, what device did they use to change it? Because from what the police said, it wasn't either of their main phones that were used for that.
*Did the police know about it and just didn't put it in the report for the reasons I stated?

This feels like that old copypasta meme, "THEN WHO WAS PHONE?!"

Once again, there is absolutely no evidence that Bryer was alienated from his mother. In fact, he was probably playing his entire family.

I must ask why folks are allowed to bash Bryer's mother, who is also considered to be a victim, but not his father? Seems rather a double standard. Perhaps because she's not telling her side of the story. The squeaky wheel always gets the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member