Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just a filter
there are thousands of them
I know. So why choose that one? There were many others that didn't have the same 'look' to it.

My kids are really into instagram. They post a lot. They use filters, often. But they take time and effort to decide which one they want to use and don't post it unless it fits the message they are sending. I think theses 2 were the same way. JMO

In my heart, I really feel they wanted to make a statement, knowing it might be one of the last posts they ever make, and the statement seemed to be one about how deeply they were connected, imo.

Maybe, but I don't think so. I think they really did have a very deep, emotional connection. They were very close, kind of devoted to each other.
I think they. did feel more like soulmates than 'best bros.' Neither of them had a girlfriend, as far as we have heard. It feels like they were emotionally invested in their relationship, JMO.
Absolutely.... agree 100%.

I know. So why choose that one? There were many others that didn't have the same 'look' to it.

My kids are really into instagram. They post a lot. They use filters, often. But they take time and effort to decide which one they want to use and don't post it unless it fits the message they are sending. I think theses 2 were the same way. JMO

In my heart, I really feel they wanted to make a statement, knowing it might be one of the last posts they ever make, and the statement seemed to be one about how deeply they were connected, imo.

I don't put more than a few seconds effort into choosing a filter
sometimes there is no deeper meaning IMO

The update wasn't to add butterflies. It changed the picture entirely -- from a picture of Bryer by himself to the one of him with Kam, IIRC. @cartman that's what you said happened, right?

Either way it seems very likely that the profile picture change happened due to all the accounts of it happening. However, we don't know if Kam and Bryer updated it or if someone else did it, like a troll. And we don't know how much the police know about it or how much they investigated it. Because the report is just a summary of findings and doesn't include everything.

Yep. When I first looked at Bryer’s insta his profile pic was just him. When I looked again it was a pic of him and Kam. I trust my recall on this because I had not seen a pic of the two together and I would have remembered one with Snapchat like filters since those filters make me irrationally angry (don’t ask me why, I know it’s irrational).

100% this. I believe the profile pic was posted to get their point across that “we’re in this together until the end”.

Al Schmegelsky 1 hour ago
Maybe it is a good time to talk about the harmful impact of “parental alienation “. Some of our senators have tried to bring up this issue. Let’s face it, everybody knows a child that is a product of divorce. Truth is fourteen years after Bryer was abducted from his family home I still don’t have a separation agreement or a divorce despite taken all appropriate steps. Bryer’s step sister was abducted from Alberta and moved to bc under similar circumstances. Lies and fabrications were something I had to endure during all this. So did the other father involved here. Two kids, two dads, same mother. Let’s connect the dots, everyone that wants to know why.

Hi, do you have a link for these comments? I cannot see anything on the alleged Youtube channel for Al Schmegelsky. I am only seeing re-posts of re-posted alleged quotes with no supporting links?How do we know these posts are even really from AS and not fake?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudb...n-unknowingly-helps-murder-suspects-1.5229940

And in this interview he specifies it was Kam who said that.

They were 'really nice kids' says Alberta man who inadvertently helped 2 BC teen fugitives

Lawyers can drop clients though. He started making comments a few days before the report came out. His lawyer was there on the day the report came out (they gave a brief statement to the media).

Anyway, as I said...we'll see what happens.
The Alberta Good Samaritan mistakenly thought they were 'really good kids.' The only reason they didn't shoot the guy was because they were trapped in the mud and needed to escape. Otherwise they wouldn't have pretended to be such 'good' kids. JMO

I don't put more than a few seconds effort into choosing a filter
sometimes there is no deeper meaning IMO
Right. You don't But would there be a deeper meaning to a message posted, by 2 kids who had just gone on a murder spree, and popped up to post a picture, while the nation thought they were dead?

I think they were sending a message, not just randomly posting to waste time. JMO

Last edited:
The Alberta Good Samaritan mistakenly thought they were 'really good kids.' The only reason they didn't shoot the guy was because they were trapped in the mud and needed to escape. Otherwise they wouldn't have pretended to be such 'good' kids. JMO

Well he did say in the interview that his truck was right there with the keys and everything and they easily could have killed him and taken it. I think it was more because it didn't fit their M.O. It was broad daylight in a populated area.

That and because they were in a residential area. I'm sure every store they went into as well they acted normal and polite.

Well he did say in the interview that his truck was right there with the keys and everything and they easily could have killed him and taken it. I think it was more because it didn't fit their M.O. It was broad daylight in a populated area.

with witnesses
he said there were people watching him ... idk if they were visible to the murderers or not

Right. They didn't think they could get away with it, in broad daylight. I am sure it wasn't their goodness and compassion that saved that man's life.

My friend's father stopped to help someone with a flat tire, at night alongside the highway. As he was crouched down, he got shot in the back of the head, and his car was stolen. No good deed goes unpunished sometimes. :(

Hi, do you have a link for these comments? I cannot see anything on the alleged Youtube channel for Al Schmegelsky. I am only seeing re-posts of re-posted alleged quotes with no supporting links?How do we know these posts are even really from AS and not fake?

Some posts back, I also questioned the authenticity of these comments being made by THE Al Schmegelsky, or some random fake account.

But here ya go ..... scroll down through the comments section.

Right. They didn't think they could get away with it, in broad daylight. I am sure it wasn't their goodness and compassion that saved that man's life.

My friend's father stopped to help someone with a flat tire, at night alongside the highway. As he was crouched down, he got shot in the back of the head, and his car was stolen. No good deed goes unpunished sometimes. :(
Omg, how horrid ... too many sick, despicable people out there .

SBM
It’s interesting you mention this because I actually felt the same. I’d always thought of “joy ride” to be an old school term, so I was kind of surprised to hear Kam said it. And I do wonder why this encounter wasn’t included in the final report, but I suppose there may be valid reasons why that happened. JMO
Perhaps its a regional or familial thing. My family used this term all of the time. My grandfather was from England and dad used it a lot; maybe that's where he got it from. But we all used it in my fam.

Perhaps its a regional or familial thing. My family used this term all of the time. My grandfather was from England and dad used it a lot; maybe that's where he got it from. But we all used it in my fam.
That’s true, we used it in my family too... so this does make sense. Incidentally, and I’m not sure why, I’ve always thought it to be a comical saying.

Last edited:
Some posts back, I also questioned the authenticity of these comments being made by THE Al Schmegelsky, or some random fake account.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't him. It sounds exactly like him. If it isn't him, the impersonator is doing a professional quality job emulating him and should be hired as one of those people that ghost-tweets for celebrities.

Also -- and I say this fully acknowledging I am a person with no life -- one would have to REALLY have no life to impersonate the dad of a spree killer on a random Youtube video that doesn't even have that many views compared to other videos about these guys, for days on end. Of course I'm not denying that such people exist. But I think the more parsimonious explanation is that it really is him.

Anyway, some selected interesting comments, to be taken with many grains of salt of course:

This one indicates that Bryer continued working at Walmart until the morning they left! It also fits with Bryer's dad saying in one of the interviews that he last talked to Bryer a couple of hours before they left. I always thought that was weird that they would be talking at 6:30 AM but it actually makes sense if Bryer was still working on the night shift.

I wonder if Kam was also working until the morning they left...and then traveled for a full day after that?

I believe my son got off work on morning, btw I was chatting with him one and half before this fateful journey about our plans for Saturday, his “friend “ showed up with a truck and camper, his “friend “ stopped in Nanaimo to by a rifle, his “friend “ did not drive towards Alberta as my son told me , his “friend “ drove to familiar hunting grounds in northern bc, btw I don’t hunt and neither did Bryer, I believe my son remained “loyal “ to his best “friend “ and my son did not commit suicide and that is a fact we all know.

This one seems to imply the RCMP questioned whether he had any involvement in the spree.

Unfortunately moms still think it’s a good idea to make up stories of “going to murder” because our current system caters to them. I was accused of “going to murder “ way back in 2005 and law enforcement still pesters me to this very day, in fact two Nanaimo rcmp officers interrogated me in August over this never ending ordeal, btw, they waited until they confirmed 60minutes Australia was on an airplane before they interrogated me. A child that grows up missing his father that truly loves him knowing that is mother is “playing “ the system by constantly falsely claiming “murder” is going to react how?"

Now this one was the most interesting to me because I noticed in the last interview (the one from the day the report came out) Bryer's dad was wearing a shirt with an anime character on it. When I saw it at the time, I actually wondered if it was Bryer's shirt.

am I the “real deal”, I fought to see my child’s last will and testament video and in it he was wearing an anime t shirt I specially ordered for him because the character on the shirt looked exactly like him . It hurt so damn much, seeing my son’s last words, I won’t tell you what he said. I know he died in northern Manitoba by a gunshot to the back of the head by his best “friend “

About the travel time from Laird Hot Springs to Watson Lake, Yukon which was also discussed a couple of pages back. —

Notice the Watson Lake time is noted twice in the Report Overview? On the map the first Watson Lake 3:25 time appears to indicate the location where the Alaskan Highway first crosses the Yukon border. The Hwy then verges back into BC for a bit of a distance prior to crossing the Yukon border a second time. Watson Lake is noted at 4:16am. Google Maos indicates travel time from Laird to Watson Lake to be appx 2 3/4 hours. From 1:50am to 4:16am the travel time is 2 hrs 26 min. That seems quite on the mark, only slightly quicker than posted speed limits. IMO.

View attachment 207753

2019/07/15 1:50 Liard Hot Springs, BC
2019/07/15 3:25 Watson Lake, YT
2019/07/15 4:16 Watson Lake, YT

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation
......and by this timeline if anyone one should get, is an understanding that after they killed Fowler & Deese, they had a few hours lead of escape already and the bodies weren't discovered for another hour at Liard (guestimate 5am-ish) - plus there was 4 hours for RCMP to get there. This should give people a sense of what a lead they gain from these murders as well as Mr. Dyck's.

The problem with Al's theory, which seems to involve Kam asking Bryer to accompany him on the spur of the moment and taking him away from Alberta, which is where Bryer allegedly wanted to go, is that Bryer had already told other relatives the day before about the trip to the Yukon.

Bryer waited until the last minute to tell his father he was leaving, despite knowing at least a day earlier, and Bryer lied to his dad about his destination.

I feel terrible for Al, but I don't think Bryer was unwillingly on this trip for a minute or was lied to about where they were going or was an unwilling/unwitting participant in any of the murders. Honestly, I think he can't accept that his son lied to him. MOO

Last edited:
I feel terrible for Al, but I don't think Bryer was unwillingly on this trip for a minute or was lied to about where they were going or was an unwilling/unwitting participant in any of the murders. Honestly, I think he can't accept that his son lied to him. MOO

I think Al would have been able to see right through his plans which is why I believe Bryer lied to his father, and waited until the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89