CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have had to stop for gas somewhere eventually. There would be reports and an update on their location.

You can’t get far on one tank of gas out of Gillam.

Someone, I can't recall who, posited a good theory Wednesday morning that they perhaps had managed to hitch out via a trucker. They wouldn't need to buy any more gas (for the time being).

Would explain no further "known" purchases or sightings of them in the area since Monday night when the car burned. Would explain why a trucker would pick them up as they weren't known to be in the area at the time.

With all the RCMP concentration happening in Gillam area, if they did make it out - how many people are paying attention and looking for them down south in the more populated areas id they are all thinking the same way: "they're in Gillam still."

I know this much: The OPP issued us out a be on the watch for them yesterday and there's an article linked in here from authorities in the Gillam area where the officer says, "IF they are still in the Gillam area" and "they could be anywhere in Canada".

Without a confirmed sighting of them anywhere since the car burned Monday (it's now Thursday), including Gillam area, there remains a possibility they got out. No one is going to know the answer if/when/until the next confirmed sighting happens.

I see that the maps are including a route to Whitehorse. I know they said that's where they were going but did they?

Obviously LE knows more than we do. I wonder if there was really a "plan" or was it just and idea that happened and evolved.

Did they want to work their way across the entire country killing people as they went until they made it to the maritimes or was it an opportunity that presented itself and they decided to go for it?

So many questions I have rolling around in my head and random thoughts this morning.

At first, I thought about the "killing spree across the country" thing, too. But that isn't what really happened, and I don't mean to downplay or minimize the horrible deaths of three completely innocent and seemingly harmless people. But since July 19, the two have been running and hiding, not shooting things up and causing havoc. That doesn't mean they didn't set out to do something from the start...

Just thoughts...

The armoured SWAT vehicle arrived in Gillam in the very early hours of this morning, according to media on Twitter. It's now parked in front of the town office.

Seems the RCMP are still convinced that they are in the area.
If they are convinced, then I am too. All the best to them as they find these two...today!

jmo

I was in Toronto last night and it was busy busy busy. Tons of people. They could definitely hide amongst the crowds but they would be homeless. I think they would be outed by the shelters or the homeless community.

They need money if they're coming to Toronto. Heck, they need money in general.

Toronto is a high media consumption city and those tons of people would all have to be blind to not spot these two. Trust me, the worst thing you can do to blend in is is wear a camouflage jacket there - you'd stick out like a sore thumb. It's definitely not an urban fashion trend.

The mayor of Gillam was interviewed on CTV, and says the RCMP has a SWAT team in place, with "machine guns". He said they have given him no further updates.

I imagine that the RCMP has a couple SWATs in placeat a couple of locations should they be needed post haste. I imagine there's increased LE presence in Churchill and Hudson Bay in case they headed North and increased presence South at the junctions too. And they own many more than one armoured vehicle.

They aren't putting all their eggs in one basket IMO.

I agree with you that they went into the woods, BearCatSafari, although we don't really know what equipment they might have with them. That stuff seen in the Rav4 could have belonged to the previous owner and they had their own equipment.

But in terms of having another vehicle to get away back on monday night, at yesterday's PC, the RCMP mention the increasing presence of LE in the Gillam area, and said nothing about any new vehicle they may have stolen from either Split Lake, Gillam or Fox Lake reserve. Everyone along there will know about this and would know if they were missing a vehicle by now, I would think.
Hard to report a missing vehicle if you are dead.

The last time they burned a car there was a body. As of yet we don't know there's another, so it's not out of nowhere to speculate this time may not be the same as the last time.

There hasn't been a body found, doesn't mean there isn't one.

Although the above stated is true, at this point in time I'm sensing (JMO) that BS & KM's main thrill is with the manhunt (and their fantasy war games) and not with murder. Athough the murders of LF and CD sound horrific and seem premeditated, its possible their intent was to rob them and/or steal their van but things went downhill when LF (a big, athletic guy) presumably fought to defend his property and girlfriend. Similarly with the murder of LD, the teens are only being charged with second degree murder which I assume means LD somehow died during a carjacking (maybe run over by his own car). Again, murder may not have been their first priority. Also, note that these teens have had interactions with people at cafes, gas stations, and truck stops, and maybe even traveled with someone as hitchhikers, but haven't been randomly shooting every person who crosses their path.

I hope I'm right in predicting there will be no more bodies, at least not of innocent victims.

I agree...We're approaching the third day and fourth night of being on foot, if that is indeed what happened Monday night after the Rav4 was lit. We don't know how much food they had or water, but even fully stocked they have to be reaching limits by now. Playing RUST did not prepare them well..this isn't that old Farley Mowat book, Two Against the North.
(OT: I love Farley Mowat!)

The RCMP have been involved in a couple of major incidents in the past several years. Moncton comes to mind very quickly and I recall another incident in Saskatchewan several years ago.

They know what they're walking into and I am sure that they are at the ready. LE is doing a great job. They are walking right into the face of imminent danger and they know it.

In the Moncton incident, residents were tweeting that cops were in their backyards etc. etc. and giving away their positions. The RCMP are going to be keeping all their movements under wraps. We aren't going to know much until it's over.

Let's keep them in our thoughts as they try to put an end to this madness.

Hi Crumble! New here too. Their families will likely have clothing the tracking dogs can use. If that was their reasoning, they slipped up! Maybe they just enjoy destruction?

I hadn't thought of that. I think you're right re the destruction, and unfortunately I don't think they're done yet. Nothing to lose now.

Have killing spree teens outsmarted cops again?
RCMP Police SWAT teams descend on Gillam as new unconfirmed sightings roll in

The hunt for two teens suspected of gunning down three people, including an Australian backpacker and his American girlfriend, on a lonely Canadian highway has taken a dramatic turn.

Heavily armoured Royal Canadian Mounted Police SWAT team trucks have descended on the remote town of Gillam in northern Canada, where Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, dumped and torched their latest getaway vehicle.

Locals say the region is full of dangerous animals — including polar bears and wolves — and warn that if the police don’t catch up with the fugitives, the predators will.

Apologies to those for whom this will be a repeat as it was discussed last night, but for posters just jumping on or catching up, there is no direct way to get to Ontario from Gillam. There are no connecting roads between Northern Ontario and northern Manitoba at all, and the drive to get down south to the only connecting highway is about 13 hours or so.
This case is going to reveal to the world what a back woods wilderness Canada is! It’s so hard to travel from one province to another. No cell phone coverage, no roads, few people, wild animals and flesh eating insects rampaging.

Hard to report a missing vehicle if you are dead.
True enough and I don't disagree. But it's also hard to be dead and unreported when your town is small and the police and media are swarming everywhere.

Doesn't mean someone in a remote cabin off the road hasn't gone missing and unnoticed and unreported, but makes it a little less likely.

The mayor of Gillam was interviewed on CTV, and says the RCMP has a SWAT team in place, with "machine guns". He said they have given him no further updates.

Ugh....machine guns. I have a bad feeling about this, but I know the RCMP need to protect themselves after what they have been through the past few years.

Praying for everyone to make it out of this situation safe.

rbbm.
Not that i think they are the cycling type of guys, but would anybody notice or care other than the owners, if bikes/helmets were stolen?
Everyone looks the same under a helmet whizzing by on a bike..
speculation, imo.
You don't whizz by on a dirt road. The shoulder is all soft gravel and they would have to ride where car tires have compacted the earth, i.e., in the centre of the road, which is none too discreet. I don't think biking is a big thing up there with the locals because of this. You only need a helmet if you are under 18 and kids equipment is not likely to be suitable for them.

I don't think either one of them are with the other out of duress. None of the store clerks who saw them has commented on one of them seeming uncomfortable. I think they're both in it wholeheartedly. I suspect KM might actually be the ringleader, though. Based on what I've read about duo killers, BS's personality seems very reminiscent of the other "followers," though of course it is hard to know without more info on KM.

I also disagree with the speculation I've seen on here about schizophrenia as an inciting factor. Duo killers usually have a bizarre, elaborate shared fantasy world, but that doesn't mean they are psychotic and detached from reality in a medical sense. I think they think they are playing a game, but I don't think for a minute they are are mentally incapable of recognizing it is a game.

It has a bit of a Columbine feel to it, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaGitana