CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the mathematical probability of starting at Deese, BC and ending up at Gillam, MB via Meadow Lake, SK.

It is very low. They may even have considered working at the Keeyask project, before the killings.

Most times potential employees submit resumes as opposed to anyone having to travel “looking” for work.

But I’m reminded of a couple situations where a young person replied to an ad for an unskilled labour-type job with good pay in Northern Alberta and was told “you be here by Monday (which was only a couple of days away)”. So I imagine a lot of last minute preparation occurred in order to get this eager person hundreds of miles up north, thinking he’d be there for months.....but when he arrived he worked only a couple of days, then was told he wasn’t needed. That was it, leaving him discouraged, heading home again. Dozens of others who showed up who were far more experienced. Young people often don’t think to ask about job guarantees or understand that’s how it often goes with casual unskilled labour in the north country, according to the stories I’ve heard.

I don’t know if this occurred in this case but your comment about prospects of employment reminded me of it.

@Gina Do we know what was involved in the 4th crime scene?

That was the coffee stop in Jade, BC on Thursday, July 18th.

The guys were still driving the red truck with camper, and may have discarded some stuff belonging to Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese.

My hunch is that they chose to go to the Dease, BC Super A store that afternoon after looking at the driver's license of Chynna Deese.

A few of us discussed this the other night and I support this. But it is just my opinion.

• Folie simultanée describes either the situation where two people considered to suffer independently from psychosis influence the content of each other's delusions so they become identical or strikingly similar, or one in which two people "morbidly predisposed" to delusional psychosis mutually trigger symptoms in each other.[7]
Shared Psychotic Disorder: Background and Criteria, History, Subtypes and Characteristics

Last edited:
But delusions and paranoia are aspects of psychosis. But I get what you are getting at: not so much psychotic as psychopath.

Isn't it interesting that everyone is keyed into BS? I am sure that KM's lawyer will take a position like that of Mark Smich, who argued that Dellen Millard was a psychopath and the ringleader and that Smich was just a poor dim fellow that fell into his thrall. There was some sentiment here that Smich would get off, but the jury didn't buy it.

KM could have bailed on this adventure at any point in the last, well I guess it is almost 2 weeks now. He's providing moral support to BS instead. They are a team and KM is committed. Even if it turns out that he stood by while BS murdered and burned vehicles, I am sure he drove part of the time at the very least and was so an accessory, and deserving of a murder charge. Heck, just standing buy and not intervening brings a charge.

I don't think it's like there is a nice guy and there is a psycho guy. I think they must be to some degree on the same page, and both of think this is cool. Thrill killers.
Agreed! A lot of times in these murder duos, the proverbial "brains" behind the outfit is the least overtly disturbed one and not necessarily the one who is the most active. I don't doubt for a minute, though, that they aren't both willing participants.

And while we're waiting. I'm vastly curious about how people deal with the insects in that region. The couple that first spotted the burning car were out gathering strawberries, for example. And there was this hilarious video about sand flies by Masa Off Grid:

I almost couldn't finish watching his video.

How do people who live up there deal with this?

What will the RCMP searchers be doing to protect themselves?

Do the search dogs get some kind of protection?

Just curious

Long sleeves.. stay away from swamps. Start a fire at night.

Number one thing?
Don’t stand still.
Keep moving.

But why backtrack after killing the couple? Why not head east from the first crime scene? They still had their truck and camper. What made them head west and kill LD, take his Rav 4 and then head east again? Doesn't make sense.

My theory is, they said, 'screw it, we don't need to keep our stuff,' because they don't plan on getting out of this alive.

The catch to the theory is, if that's true, why not just come out and insight LE into a gun fight you know you'll lose?

Perhaps they do have a destination in mind...

Two things unconfirmed so far that would be nice to clear up with sources;

1) Early on it was claimed the bodies were mutilated and that closed coffin funerals would be necessary. I don't believe since thread #1 there has been evidence of this but only rumours. I certainly haven't seen any.

2) Via Rail's involvement in any way shape or form in the events.

Does anyone have any support of these claims? As always, thanks in advance. :)

I cannot link live TV. Believe it or not, VIA Rail is involved according to CBC News Net.

The theory about them meeting up with fellow gamers is kind of interesting – it would give them a reason to go there - because I don’t see anything other than accident taking them up there, the ‘outdoors’ in the N West part of the country is a loooot different than the N East and being proficient with computers they would have googled it at a minimum. And with this they would have a vehicle that is not suspicious with a driver who is anonymous and knows the area.

On a side note — what are the chances one of these guys turns on the other? With all the twists in this case it wouldn’t surprise me if whoever is really the real psychopath just ends up going solo. Any cases like that?
I wouldn't be surprised if they are on each other's nerves by this point, even if on a joint mission. It's hard to be with the same person 24/7 for days on end in the the best conditions, and it must be worse when hungry, bug-bitten, tired, dirty, etc.

jmo

I wonder why they didn’t charge them with 1st degree murder ? Seems like if they killed him for his vehicle it’d be premeditated.
I assume they are waiting for a clearer picture and will upgrade the charges if that's proven. I think they wanted to get a charge laid as quickly as possible to empower additional levels of LE to help out. The extra time and effort to establish that intent and premeditation would have been a waste

Here's the link to the post this morning regarding VIA Rail travel Advisory out into place.

CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3
And while we're waiting. I'm vastly curious about how people deal with the insects in that region. The couple that first spotted the burning car were out gathering strawberries, for example. And there was this hilarious video about sand flies by Masa Off Grid:

Just curious

I posted same video this morning as we were discussing the hellish SandFlies aka Noseeums aka May Flies. The RCMP have supplies of insect repellant, sunscreen etc in their grab-n-go gear such as we have in the Canadian Army I'd imagine. They're not surprised by Canada and our environment.

Just curious

They aren't that bad unless you are near woods, swamp or at night.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are on each other's nerves by this point, even if on a joint mission. It's hard to be with the same person 24/7 for days on end in the the best conditions, and it must be worse when hungry, bug-bitten, tired, dirty, etc.

jmo

I think they are probably having the time of their life and think they are super badass and all that jazz. They have 0 clue what life is about to bring them when they get caught. When life is all Netflix and video games, reality is skewed.

That was the coffee stop in Jade, BC on Thursday, July 18th.

The guys were still driving the red truck with camper, and may have discarded some stuff belonging to Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese.

My hunch is that they chose to go to the Dease, BC Super A store that afternoon after looking at the driver's license of Chynna Deese.

I also think the similarities are too much to be mere coincidence.

Last edited:
The only difficulty I have with the whole headed to Gillam MB on purpose/survivalists in the wilderness theory is that this whole thing started in the wilderness to begin with in northern BC. They didn't need to drive 3,000 km to flee into the wild, northern BC is already pretty wild, and they were only a couple of hours shy of the Yukon border.
Yeah if they were really trying to get away quickly you think they'd head north to Alaska?

But I’m reminded of a couple situations where a young person replied to an ad for an unskilled labour-type job with good pay in Northern Alberta and was told “you be here by Monday (which was only a couple of days away)”. So I imagine a lot of last minute preparation occurred in order to get this eager person hundreds of miles up north, thinking he’d be there for months.....but when he arrived he worked only a couple of days, told he wasn’t needed. That was it, leaving him discouraged, heading home again.

My hunch is also that they were indeed headed to Whitehorse after leaving Port Alberni on July 12. We don't know what ferry brought them to mainland.

Different members calculated that they couldn't have made it there BEFORE killing Lucas/Chynna July 15 early morning.

AFTER the killing, they may have hidden in Watson Lake, and decided to go quickly to Gillam via hwy 37, avoiding all major towns in AB, SK and MB.

That is why I think they had previously considered working at the Keeyask project. They hired many unskilled youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313