CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if Mr Dyck was murdered at another location and his body dumped on the highway. There is video of grid search 7/23 at the tweet link below. Perhaps this crime scene provided evidence needed for the murder charges.

Sarah MacDonald‏ @smacdonald__
#UPDATE: @BCRCMP is conducting a grid search at a second crime scene, in connection to the still unidentified deceased male whose body was discovered near #DeaseLake last week. Officers say new evidence has led them here—roughly 50km north of where the body was found. @GlobalBC

5:12 PM - 23 Jul 2019 from Dease Lake 9, British Columbia

Sarah MacDonald‏ @smacdonald__
To clarify: this is a new crime scene that we are told was not on the radar of @BCRCMP until today. The initial crime scene in relation to this incident is two-fold: the truck, and the spot where the body was discovered, roughly two kilometres away. All scenes are still active.

6:04 PM - 23 Jul 2019

So we have in B.C.:

#1 crime scene with the blue van on the road south of Liard Hot Springs;

#2 crime scene with the burnt truck near Dease Lake;

#3 crime scene where LD's body was found near the Stikine River Bridge;

#4 another crime scene 50 km away.

Four crime scenes, in that order.

In a valiant effort to keep this story in the headline, in the absence of any “new” news, I notice a lot of prior stories are being recirculated.
It’s not always clear if it’s recent news, old news, or partial blurbs. For example the Churchill alert this past Wednesday mentions nothing about the suspects travelling there although it’s insinuated elsewhere simply by the fact the alert was issued.

BBM

“A public notice has been issued in the town of Churchill, Man., one day after a burned-out vehicle police say suspects travelled in was found in the town of Gillam. Manitoba, Ontario and B.C. RCMP branches have also issued public notices warning that Schmegelsky and McLeod may be in Manitoba, and not to approach them if they are spotted.

Churchill Mayor Mike Spence said in a statement issued to residents that the town would remain in close contact with the local RCMP detachment.

The RCMP is doing important and difficult work right now in the Gillam area,” he said. “We should remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity directly to the RCMP.”
RCMP investigating photos of B.C. murder suspects, Nazi paraphernalia

Conversely, I think they took a wrong turn and ended up there with only one road in and out totally by mistake. Jmo.

I looked at the mathematical probability of starting at Deese, BC and ending up at Gillam, MB via Meadow Lake, SK.

It is very low. They may even have considered working at the Keeyask project, before the killings.

So we have in B.C.:

#1 crime scene with the blue van on the road south of Liard Hot Springs;

#2 crime scene with the burnt truck near Dease Lake;

#3 crime scene where LD's body was found near the Stikine River Bridge;

#4 another crime scene 50 km away.

Four crime scenes, in that order.
@Gina Do we know what was involved in the 4th crime scene?

I truly believe LE does not know where they are. If the RCMP KNEW for certain that they were in the Gilam Manitoba area then why would the Ontario Provincial Police issue a public alert?
Because there is a Canada-wide warrant for their arrest for second-degree murder in the death of LD. They are obligated to put out the news nation-wide.

Honestly I can’t help but think they wouldn’t have burned the RAV4 without a plan... not just walking on foot. I think they somehow got a car beforehand that has not been reported as of yet and they’re further away and laying low for now...
Jmo

This is my feeling as well.

Fox News continues to show updates on them. I think I have heard an update at least once every hour (which is not anything more than what we know, but good to see they are still talking about it). Another update right now.

I am going to venture a theory about how this murderous spree started. It's possible that only one of them had murder on his mind and a rifle in his hand. (An aside: if casings were found from a rifle, they can match those to the casings at the Prof Dyck scene). I doubt it's just an airsoft gun, as the two young campers seem to have been quickly killed, perhaps as they slept.

Anyway, one of them had the gun and murderous intent (this would seem to be BS). The other one may have thought they were just go to steal food and camping supplies. BS wants a permanent outlaw lifestyle, so he was looking to commit bigger crimes/kill helpless people. Once he killed that couple, he could tell his companion that they were both in this for good (his fantasy).

From BS's point of view, once those first murders occurred, it was going to be Him Against the World (and I'd expect the other teen was getting more and more agitated, tired and worried as time went on). IMO, people (especially inexperienced teens) with a grudge against the world actually think they can "accomplish" something by lashing out. They don't even realize how big the world is, or how their own physical needs (thirst, hunger, sleep, some comfort) are going to impact their choices. BS may have also had an extensive fantasy "playbook" in his head, whereby (to him) the Great North of Canada is the new frontier for survivalists and...sympathizers with his politics.

I think they are trying to go off grid, that they are ill-prepared, but that they can probably live on very little food and have some food with them. Will they get lost and eventually die out there in the wilderness? Will the one teen look for an opportunity to get away from murderous BS?

I would not call this psychosis on the part of BS, but more delusional (and perhaps paranoid) thinking. The delusions may not be fixed, so his behavior looks relatively normal (up until this). Neither of these teens has any sense of their own mortality, not really. They are in that "I don't give a F" about life phase. BS has committed murder in his head many times, once he did it for real, the excitement (scariness) of his new situation was (and maybe still is) an incredible upper, all that adrenalin, all these new "game-like" situations. They're operating as if this is a one person shooter game. They may try to ambush RCMP or others, I don't think they can stick to their "plan" of going off grid, at all. They will resurface.

MOO.

Thats a good theory.

The news twitter feed I have been reading shows the news lady driving on a dirt road that looked like the main road heading to wherever she was going. So I think you are correct that their initial plan was to get to a remote area on purpose.

And I agree that there is also a possibility they changed their mind once they realized how rough it would be out in the woods. So not sure if they stayed in that area or decided to take/steal another vehicle to drive away from there or not.

Here is the news lady's twitter

Crystal Goomansingh (@cgoomansingh) | Twitter

The video of the roads into Gillam that I saw were much worse than that. She was doing a good speed on a very flat wide road.

The one I saw was wide, but there were multiple hills and swales so that you really couldnt see what was ahead of you until you were on the top of the hill. There were mudholes in the bottom of the swales and some rough tracks where large construction vehicles were making crossing tracks. And I understand the point of the construction is to lay down "calcium" to keep the dust down.

It looked like a thoroughly annoying bit to drive

Because they are being vigilant.

Why wouldn’t they?

Seems like a precaution to me.

Even if they are 99.99999% sure they are in Gillam it would be irresponsible for them to be ignorant and not issue a warning.

Also, people are on canoe trips and outback trips up there — they don’t have access to the media or they don’t WANT it. So it is best to spread word asap..

Again, not sure where you are from but us Canadians do weird **** and enjoy bushwhacking adventures. Most people only bring a comm device in case of emergency.
NOT to listen to the news all day.

If you zoom in on your map to the area north east of Gillam... I guarantee you there are people on some crazy canoe/fishing trips.

And the Ontario Alert was issued after the confirmed sighting in Saskatchewan, but prior to confirmation by LE at Gillam. At that time all that was known was they were travelling eastward. Ontario is eastward as well as Manitoba so the precaution was warranted.

“With the suspects appearing to be heading east, Ontario Provincial Police has also issued a public safety warning in relation to Schmegelsky and McLeod.

In a public release on Wednesday, OPP said the last confirmed sighting of two was in Meadow Lake, Sask. However, they also noted that police have “reason to believe” the pair were recently in the area of Gillam, Man.

“It would appear the suspects are heading in an easterly direction,” the safety warning read...”
Father of suspect in 3 B.C. deaths says son intends to die in police gunfire

Last edited:
There’s another news story, in another language, that claims Dease and Fowler were mutilated. Yet eye witness account from the guy hired to keep the scene secure while waiting for investigators to show up recounts only seeing a single mark on the males body. I’m just not sure how accurate the overseas news articles are.

Early reports stated that the bodies of the couple were "unrecognizable," and CD's brother quoted as saying he was told they could not have open casket at the viewing. However, none of these claims were corroborated by T Pierre - highway worker that waited with the bodies at the crime scene.

MOO

I am going to venture a theory about how this murderous spree started. It's possible that only one of them had murder on his mind and a rifle in his hand. (An aside: if casings were found from a rifle, they can match those to the casings at the Prof Dyck scene). I doubt it's just an airsoft gun, as the two young campers seem to have been quickly killed, perhaps as they slept.

Anyway, one of them had the gun and murderous intent (this would seem to be BS). The other one may have thought they were just go to steal food and camping supplies. BS wants a permanent outlaw lifestyle, so he was looking to commit bigger crimes/kill helpless people. Once he killed that couple, he could tell his companion that they were both in this for good (his fantasy).

From BS's point of view, once those first murders occurred, it was going to be Him Against the World (and I'd expect the other teen was getting more and more agitated, tired and worried as time went on). IMO, people (especially inexperienced teens) with a grudge against the world actually think they can "accomplish" something by lashing out. They don't even realize how big the world is, or how their own physical needs (thirst, hunger, sleep, some comfort) are going to impact their choices. BS may have also had an extensive fantasy "playbook" in his head, whereby (to him) the Great North of Canada is the new frontier for survivalists and...sympathizers with his politics.

I think they are trying to go off grid, that they are ill-prepared, but that they can probably live on very little food and have some food with them. Will they get lost and eventually die out there in the wilderness? Will the one teen look for an opportunity to get away from murderous BS?

I would not call this psychosis on the part of BS, but more delusional (and perhaps paranoid) thinking. The delusions may not be fixed, so his behavior looks relatively normal (up until this). Neither of these teens has any sense of their own mortality, not really. They are in that "I don't give a F" about life phase. BS has committed murder in his head many times, once he did it for real, the excitement (scariness) of his new situation was (and maybe still is) an incredible upper, all that adrenalin, all these new "game-like" situations. They're operating as if this is a one person shooter game. They may try to ambush RCMP or others, I don't think they can stick to their "plan" of going off grid, at all. They will resurface.

MOO.
I'm curious about why you are so sure that BS is the leader? There is more information about him, but that doesn't seem like an indicator to me

watching Fox...

RCMP officer on there just said they are focusing their efforts in Gillam because that is the last known sighting, but they had a head start and they could be anywhere.

I really do not think they are as certain as some think.

Hi All,

Just my thoughts I cannot figure out why LF and CD were killed. What started this whole nightmare.

There was eye witness account of Fowler and Dease were seen arguing with a bearded person shortly before they were found dead. It could have been something simple as an argument that McLeod completely overreacted to-this beginning this whole nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719