CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using the vehicle for touring, you don't have to register it for 6 months, which I assume also means you don't have to get plates for it because you need to register first, get plates second.

Register a vehicle in B.C.
I understand what you're saying I read that too. But I'm pretty sure they're meaning that you don't have to register a touring vehicle because it's to registeredbe already registeted and insured from the country or province that the owners live in. So if you're in BC touring then you don't have to change the registration and insurance for 6 months. But you have to have insurance and registration from your originating location.

I live in Alberta and have friends and family that live in BC. And you have to have registration and insurance on any vehicle on BC roads. Even in some cities you can't have a parked vehicle in your driveway unless it's registered and insured.

Yeah, as soon as Lucas purchased the vehicle, he would have had to register it almost immediately, and if he planned on driving it, insure it. It sounds like it was likely auctioned off cheap because they didn't have the right paperwork for it and thus it couldn't be properly transferred - that's my theory.

Or, Lucas did as many BC residents do, and registered it himself in Alberta. Easy enough to do if you have a PO box there, or have friends or family. Foolish? Yes, because realistically you don't have valid insurance. But something a lot of people do.

I don't think we have any actual confirmation on the status of the vehicle registration and ownership, besides what we think we've heard or read, unless I'm mistaken.
One other thing about it is provinces are not interchangeable with vehicles. So if the van was registered in Alberta which it obviously was cuz of Alberta plates.. You then would have to take it into BC and get a whole mechanic inspection done on it before you could even registered and insured and BC. And that does get costly because if there's one little thing wrong with it you have to get it fixed. Even if the windshield is got damaged or the lights or anything like that even. You have to get everything fixed before it can go on the road.

I think that means that if you are touring BC with a vehicle that is insured and registered in another province, you have 6 months to obtain BC insurance and registration. It does not mean that you can drive an uninsured and unregistered vehicle for 6 months in BC. That's a completely different situation than what we have here.

Lucas owned the van. That means he had to insure and register the vehicle at his last know address. In this case: the ranch. He did not do that.

I believe @SnooperDuper is correct.

The BC Motor Vehicle Registration Act provides exemptions to registration for both "touring" purpose, "full-time students," and member of "Armed Forces."

Although registration exemption for "touring purpose" is available for up to 6 months, ICBC Auto Insurance is mandatory.

Autoplan policies can last anywhere from 1 day to 1 year, and I believe this to be Lucas only legal requirement for operating the van.

Makes no difference if vehicle previously registered or not.

Even if not LF was not considered "touring" - he would still have 30 days from purchase to register the van.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/96318_00

Last edited:
I thought the road worker pointed to his abdomen (left side) for Lucas and indicated a small wound and jawline (right side) for Chynna.
In the video that I posted earlier about him talking he did say specifically her hair was pulled back and he could see blood and Bubbles and then he stopped right there as if hesitant to say anymore.

Is it possible he had temporary insurance (paper in window) that we don’t see? I recall having something like that for a few days in BC at one point (no plates required), but am not sure if it would apply in this situation. I bring it up as I’m not sure the idea things weren’t legal with Lucas’ van are correct.

If so, I’d still think the AB plates should’ve been taken off (assuming no one added them after the murder).
Vehicles crossing over from Alberta into BC to stay and get registered and insured must have a vehicle inspection on them. Especially when they're old like that van is. And that gets costly because any little thing that's wrong with the vehicle must be fixed before it can go on the road legally.

Reactions: nao
I’ve loved this forum for years and finally joined because I’m tired of talking to the computer screen!

I feel so horrible for all of the families of the victims and the victims. Those poor souls didn’t deserve to be murdered. What was the damn point?

So many questions. Was the bearded man seen arguing with Mr. Fowler and Ms. Deese, Mr. Dyck? He does look like the pic that went out. If so, very strange that all three have been murdered.

Do we know if B and K bought anything from the Walmart in town for their trip? I wonder if they got any hunting equipment or camping gear.

Ms. Deese and Mr. Fowler’s van having the side door open and the back window broken/shot out makes me wonder if they might have been sleeping and B and K ended up in there. Has anyone said how long they believe they were there before they were found? My heart hurts for those two. That video of them at the gas station breaks my heart.

If there are so many tractor trailers and tourists traveling that road - how did no one see what was happening? Pretty risky move to take the time to murder, pose and lord knows what else on the side of the road.

I guess they burned the vehicles to try to get rid of evidence. But in doing so, leaves a trail. If they did bring their computer, why burn it if they stole another car? They didn’t have to worry about carrying it.

As for no new missing people/vehicles - it is entirely possible they’ve taken someone hostage to drive them. That way no one suspects they’re in the car. There was a tweet from a man saying he was driving at night and a young guy came out of the bush at him with a thumb up. They might have gotten an unsuspecting soul that way.

And as for the report of B and K buying the knife and B’s dad’s latest info about B’s interests, I think shows how much more into their own world they were. They may have been planning something for a long time. Started as fantasy and somehow became real.

Part of me wants them caught alive and the other just wants them caught...

I will never understand how cruel people can be. Terribly sad.

Just catching up....wow, I have never seen this video before. This is quite different from the one I watched him in. So, it seems Lucas was shot in the stomach and Chynna in the face area/jaw??

It is also possible that a small knife was used to stab Lucas.

The 3rd person he mentions may have been an earlier driver, who got spooked by his approaching car.

We already know who took the photo with the bodies, this was a different person.

I’ve loved this forum for years and finally joined because I’m tired of talking to the computer screen!

I feel so horrible for all of the families of the victims and the victims. Those poor souls didn’t deserve to be murdered. What was the damn point?

So many questions. Was the bearded man seen arguing with Mr. Fowler and Ms. Deese, Mr. Dyck? He does look like the pic that went out. If so, very strange that all three have been murdered.

Do we know if B and K bought anything from the Walmart in town for their trip? I wonder if they got any hunting equipment or camping gear.

Ms. Deese and Mr. Fowler’s van having the side door open and the back window broken/shot out makes me wonder if they might have been sleeping and B and K ended up in there. Has anyone said how long they believe they were there before they were found? My heart hurts for those two. That video of them at the gas station breaks my heart.

If there are so many tractor trailers and tourists traveling that road - how did no one see what was happening? Pretty risky move to take the time to murder, pose and lord knows what else on the side of the road.

I guess they burned the vehicles to try to get rid of evidence. But in doing so, leaves a trail. If they did bring their computer, why burn it if they stole another car? They didn’t have to worry about carrying it.

As for no new missing people/vehicles - it is entirely possible they’ve taken someone hostage to drive them. That way no one suspects they’re in the car. There was a tweet from a man saying he was driving at night and a young guy came out of the bush at him with a thumb up. They might have gotten an unsuspecting soul that way.

And as for the report of B and K buying the knife and B’s dad’s latest info about B’s interests, I think shows how much more into their own world they were. They may have been planning something for a long time. Started as fantasy and somehow became real.

Part of me wants them caught alive and the other just wants them caught...

I will never understand how cruel people can be. Terribly sad.

Welcome SweetBriar.:):):)
Thanks for speaking with all of us.
Hope we hear more from you.
Your questions are ones we are wondering about also.
MOO.

Population density is definitely not one thing in Canada. As has been posted, 90% of our 37 million inhabitants live within 100 miles of the US border. One of the more mind blowing things to me is the fact that beyond that, over 20% of Canada and 55% of Ontario lives in a tiny band that wraps around the western edge of Lake Ontario called the Golden Horseshoe. You could cover it with a dime on a wall map.

Gillam and environs is 1000s of square kilometres of nothing but wilderness, only very occasionally dotted with tiny settlements of humans, usually work camps or First Nations reserves. Some sweet poster asked yesterday about the ‘suburb’ outside of Gillam. I thought, oh dear, you just don’t understand. :)

This is JMO, but, I think that the odd, similar positioning of poor Dease and Fowler, is that imitating the heil Hitler pose, with their left arms tucked in and under and their right arm extended outward and upward.

JMO

That was my thought from the blurred photo of the bodies. I don't want to check the original.

It is also possible that a small knife was used to stab Lucas.

The 3rd person he mentions may have been an earlier driver, who got spooked by his approaching car.

We already know who took the photo with the bodies, this was a different person.

[bbm]

who? and link please

I also would like to know the link about this 3rd person who took a photo.

We really need to link reputable sources for a lot of this info.

Its becoming muddled.

And could we please stay on topic? Canada does have a lot of funny named places. So do a lot of other places. I'm not trying to be a party pooper, promise.

Vehicles crossing over from Alberta into BC to stay and get registered and insured must have a vehicle inspection on them. Especially when they're old like that van is. And that gets costly because any little thing that's wrong with the vehicle must be fixed before it can go on the road legally.
Yes, I’m familiar with that process (imported a vehicle from Arizona to BC), thank you. I took a few minutes to look into this. What I was thinking of is called a “Temporary Operating Permit” and is available for 1-15 days. It seems ICBC mostly just tells you to ask your Autoplan (name of ICBC’s insurance products) broker about these, but I found this:

If your vehicle is uninsured, you can purchase a 1-to-15 day temporary operating permit from any Autoplan broker before you operate it on the road.

Source: Drivers urged to take precautions during flood season (clearly not on another topic, but these permits are a standard thing that is available),
This type of permit comes before inspection and registration (allows you to, for example, drive the vehicle you purchased in AZ into BC to get it inspected and repaired in preparation for vehicle registration).

I don’t recall the exact date of Fowler’s departure and expected return, but off the top of my head I think it may have fit in fifteen days (please correct me if that’s not the case). I’m also not sure these permits are intended for touring, but haven’t found anything to suggest they can’t be. When you have one you do not need plates and the paper permit goes in your window instead.

Just putting this out there as a counterpoint to the idea Fowler had not properly insured the van.

This talk about a third person who took a photo... is that in relation to the pic floating around on Twitter of KM posing with the Manitoba Sun paper with him and his partner on the front cover?

Can we post the pic? It is of the wanted criminals afterall.
Who knows, this has become so convoluted. I am getting confused. Who is this person? The link regarding the trucker has been posted several times in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member