CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know it took three days to identify CD and LF? Did RCMP specifically say it took them three days to identify the bodies? I can't remember reading that, but I have had an insane work week, and I have not kept up with information like I usually would.

It's possible they knew the identities a lot earlier but did not release to the public. Also, it's possible LE knew KM and BS were connected or involved earlier in the investigation but let the media keep saying they were missing to catch them off guard potentially?

"Chynna Deese’s father, Dwayne Deese, told McClatchy it took authorities three days to identify the bodies"

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article232881247.html

My whole issue is that LD didn’t die from a gunshot wound. I highly doubt that there is any ballistic evidence from that crime scene at all. So I don’t believe that ballistics evidence was the common link.

That's where I was going, too. If no tells about guns in the case of the botanist and no ballistics (which so far, should be the default hypothesis, right?) then...no link. I say this in part because there have been other murders along that highway, and that background level of murders needs to be taken into account.

To get ballistics, they need another gun crime. If there's another gun crime, they should (IMO) let the public know.

That brings it down to fingerprints (doubtful) or DNA (perhaps very hard to find) for the van, to link them to DNA found in their parents' homes.

Yet, most people probably believe that there's good evidence linking the 3 murders.

If not then: teens leave home, have nothing to do with van, have no gun, only an airsoft rifle, get really pissed off when their truck and camper flips off the road, go ballistic on the truck, get themselves worked into a frenzy, grab Prof Dyck's RAV4 and when he tries to stop them, they run him down (as happens rather frequently here in L.A.)

Later, they burn his SUV to get rid of fingerprint and DNA evidence.

That would mean there's another killer (Derek?) out there, perhaps a different kind of killer. Anyway, I think a bit more information from LE would still keep the case viable and not tip off any killers, but the public should (perhaps) be more aware of possibilities. We shall see.

Any unknown phone that powers up in that area will be quickly located by triangulation.

They are NOT using a burner phone.

I keep seeing this said. I don't understand. so any tourist that might have a phone hit a tower is going to be looked at? how many phones could be hitting a tower that wasn't hitting that tower yesterday or last week or last month? what is going to say oh yes that is them, never mind all the other phones?

I keep seeing this said. I don't understand. so any tourist that might have a phone hit a tower is going to be looked at? how many phones could be hitting a tower that wasn't hitting that tower yesterday or last week or last month? what is going to say oh yes that is them, never mind all the other phones?
Gillam isn't a tourist town. It's way the heck out in the boonies and there are only 436 houses in town. It's not like there are new phones hitting the tower all the time.

The lesson that I take from the story about the two German canoeists is rather different from what some are getting from it. Story: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-german-canoe-crash-1.4266176?__vfz=medium=sharebar

They had experience, the right clothing (indeed layered, which they say was critical), a tent, and it took them 11 days to walk 115km/70 miles.

Also, from the story:

“They were very good: They had a compass, they had a GPS, they knew their co-ordinates, they had their maps, but they had no way of contacting anyone."

If McLeod and Schmegelsky are on foot and still alive, I guess one lesson is that they are not more than about 55km/35 miles from Gillam, probably less if they don’t have a compass, maps and an understanding of orienteering :)

Okay, so any experts on bog deaths? Looking at those pictures and reading the description of the territory, it seems to me that drowning in there is a real possibility. Is the water so cold that they wouldn't decompose? Would the sections of floating peat be enough to indefinitely hide a floating, decomposing, clothed body? This is when we want a bear to stop by and investigate and do some sleuthing, hopefully in broad daylight.
Being thin (less body fat to make a person float) and wearing clothing (makes a person heavier) will make a body sink once unconscious. The colder the water, the less bacterial gases will build within the body tissues (which inflates the body) to make it resurface. Sometimes it takes weeks, whereas in warmer conditions a body may surface in a day or 2.

Exactly. RCMP announced that they are tracking the teens' digital footprint, they are not tracking every digital footprint that is in the area.

By that time they very well could have found a way out of Gillam.

If that was the case and they were able to get far enough east, all they have to do is stay out of sight by keeping to backwoods hunting and fishing cabins spread over hundreds and thousands of acres until the search is scaled back. (bbm)

OldCop, your outline of the events is entirely plausible to me.

However, how do these guys go about finding these "backwoods hunting and fishing cabins spread out over hundreds and thousands of acres"?

I've been looking for hiking trails, 4wd roads, tracks, waypoints, hunting and fishing lodges and I can't see you go about finding these hidden places if you don't have the local connections or a guide. It's not as if there is a road to a lake with cottages visible and trails that lead farther into backcountry where you can spot isolated little places.

Multiple RCMP resources are being sent to York Landing, MB, to investigate a tip that the two suspects are possibly in, or near, the community. A heavy police presence can be expected in the area. We will continue to update you as information becomes available.

Please do not disclose officer locations by posting photos of our officers in the community to social media.

RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

Multiple RCMP resources are being sent to York Landing, MB, to investigate a tip that the two suspects are possibly in, or near, the community. A heavy police presence can be expected in the area. We will continue to update you as information becomes available.

Renata D'Aliesio
@RenataDAliesio
·
22m
RCMP Inspector Kevin Lewis said they are aware of the reported sighting from Bear Clan and said police are on the ground in York Landing and more are on their way. Whether the two men are the fugitives is still unknown. #Canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth