Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yesterday I posted that a pic of the perp had appeared on twitter #Ottawa .. AFAIK it was the first pic of the perp, and was certainly the first pic I had seen prior to MSM picking it up. The account was not MSM so I didn't post a link but had a feeling the account/pic was in support of ISIS, and I wondered where the pic had originated.

Last nite (this morning) I heard on TV that a twitter account that showed bibeau's pic has been shut down.

??? Curious

I saw that twitter post yesterday too SB, I know exactly what you mean. I didn't post either because of who had posted it. I looked for it again today but couldn't find it anywhere. It was posted pretty early on compared to the MSM posts and I wondered how that was possible????

Perhaps you are right. Ctv Norma is real, she is Norma Reid, an anchor. The one tweet is still on her feed about police searching for the mom. I no longer see the one about the RCMP arrest warrant.

I imagine he was kneeling on a prayer rug (towel) in line with his new muslim faith???

Yeah I had some thoughts like this AM. Power is power. One would think that she could pull some strings if he wanted to get out. Wondering if she knew he was up to something bad, had his visa held up and is like afraid of her job if she comes forward and says I had concerns so I had his visa blocked,but did not alert authorites. I would think that in that postion, her contacting someone else would be given credence.

Just speculation, but I was surprised when I learned about her vocation as it relates to this tradegy.

It's really bothering me about the tweets from CTV norma last night...1st said they were searching for the mom. 2nd one said the RCMP had a warrant out for her arrest. Today, I can find no mention of it. It's just a niggling feeling that she is complicit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/michael-zehaf-bibeau-parents-statement-we-are-so-sorry-1.2810395

complete at link:

'"......... I am mad at our son, I don't understand and part of me wants to hate him at this time. You write that our son was vulnerable, we don't know, we (he) was lost and did not fit in. I his mother spoke with him last week over lunch, I had not seen him for over five years before that. So I have very little insight to offer. We don't wish to be part of any media circus, we don't think it will add anything to the conversation. Please respect our privacy although many may not feel we deserve any ... Once again we are so sorry.''

Please click link for complete email.

Perhaps you are right. Ctv Norma is real, she is Norma Reid, an anchor. The one tweet is still on her feed about police searching for the mom. I no longer see the one about the RCMP arrest warrant.

Let us not forget she is also a lawyer

Today's La Presse published a letter from Suzanne Bibeau, the shooter's mother.
http://blogues.lapresse.ca/mere/2014/10/23/la-lettre-des-parents-de-michael-zehaf-bibeau/

Rough translation:
Hello, I am writing this note on behalf of me and my husband. No words can express the sadness we feel at the moment. We are very sad that a man lost his life. He lost everything and he left behind a family who must feel nothing but emptiness and grief. We send them our deepest sympathies, although the words seem rather useless. We mourn for both of them.
We also want to apologize for all the pain, fear and chaos he [our son] created. We have no explanation to offer. I am angry with our son. I do not understand, and part of me wants to hate him right now. You write that our son was vulnerable , we ignored him, he was lost and did not fit the mold. I, his mother, talked to him last week at a dinner. I had not seen the previous five years. So I have little to offer for insight. We do not wish to participate in any media circus, we do not think it will add anything to the conversation. Please respect our privacy, although many believe that we do not deserve it ... Again, we're so sorry.

As a mother myself, I feel she seems a little "too detached" from her son. Most moms don't "ignore their sons when they are lost" Plus statement includes her husband...whom she divorced in 1999.

The picture where he's holding a gun, what looks like a helmut, and what else does he have in his hand ... that photo? What is "shut down" ... a twitter account or the photo is protected? It was all over the news, so I doubt that it is still protected.

What was interesting about the twitter account?

I said a twitter account was shut down (whether it was the one I saw the pic on or not, I don't know). And yes, it was the pic you are referring to which was the one that came out later in the media.

I was following ALL twitter with hashtag #Ottawa and saw the pic about an hour before it came out in MSM. Wish I'd grabbed a screenshot but twitter was moving too fast and it wasn't as significant to me then as it is now. The twitter account holder had an ethnic, middle-east sounding name, and no apparent affiliation with MSM (because I clicked on the profile and saw nothing to indicate so). It struck me as odd that it was the only place I'd seen it on the internet and that it was NOT in the MSM at the time.

YUK. The world is going mad guys. Just nutsola. Do you guys remeber in that post where there said the had concerns that they may start to behead folks in public. I will try and find it.

Well, some dude (I think NY not sure will find out) is running around with a hatchet earlier today trying to chop cops up

Messed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuouTVt2cn8

''Intelligence officials tell NBC News that Canadian authorities have heard would-be terrorists discussing potential Isis-inspired 'knife and gun' attacks against US and Canadian targets inside Canada,'' the network reported. ''Both US and Canadian officials fear the beheading of an innocent person in a public place, or the slashing of citizens on a crowded street until police arrive to shoot and 'martyr' the terrorists

Yep .. queens, one critical , broad daylight , his online stuff is terrorist stuff

Anyone want to split a ticket to Venus, first class?? Let me know - seats are going to be in high demand very soon... civilazation is fading fading fading

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ottawa-sho...re-potential-isis-style-attacks-weeks-1471333

I believe when he stopped his car at the War Memorial, a witness thought there was someone else in the car, but that was earlier in the reportings. In the raw footage from Parliament Hill it shows his car leaving the War Memorial, turning left onto Wellington St. and stopping at the Hill. At that time there were three men standing on Wellington who had moved back a bit when they heard the shot on from the WM. As the car pulls up, one of them actually starts to approach it until he realizes it's the shooter and all three men start running for cover. I think it may have first appeared as if that man got out of the car's passenger side. MOO

Thanks coco36. I must admit it is still very confusing to me .... in newone's post (below), the worker says that the shooter had a scarf covering his head and had a gun, the 2nd person had a scarf just covering his mouth .. and he did not see this 2nd person holding a gun.

In the footage at this Sydney Morning Herald link (which I have only just seen) the 3 men who were near the car when he pulled up at the Parliament buildings look as though they are all dressed in business suits with no scarves or such visible. I cannot see a 2nd scarved person.

Footage of carjacking:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/ottawa-...ms-of-attack-not-her-son-20141024-11awo0.html

So I am wondering, where did the 2nd scarved person go? If the workman was accurate in his observations, which I presume he was as he was speaking very soon after the incident (though observers have been known to be mistaken).

The carjacking footage ^^^ is really interesting, shows him pulling up at the Parliament buildings, hopping out, carjacking the ministerial car, running into the building with police in hot pursuit.

Please tell me what you think of this video:
Workman just emerged from manhole and witnessed two people ?
one had scarf covering face, other just wearing scarf I believe he is saying

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...au-had-lived-in-montreal-vancouver-and-aylmer

I believe it was an ISIS-related twitter account that was shut down when it showed the shooter's photo and claimed him as one of theirs. I heard it on CBC during the day yesterday, but don't see a link right now.

So I am wondering, where did the 2nd scarved person go? If the workman was accurate in his observations, which I presume he was as he was speaking very soon after the incident (though observers have been known to be mistaken).

It is very confusing. There were also descriptions of the shooter being slight and others of him being "fat." I suspect this is all part of what they are investigating. Traffic cams may caught some footage.

I would love to read the email ! I too, think something is a bit "unique" here. Personally after yesterday, CNN is doing Ebola hysteria, I think a much bigger story in light of yesterday and hatchet man today - it seems like more people might be in danger if they start to murder people in public by walking around lobbing folks heads off - can you imagine a child seeing that?

And again , the truly scary part about terrorism -is they dont care if they die, or want to. I mean come on we all have thought oh i want to kill *advertiser censored* in anger. Most of us find the concsequnces a deterent. The fact that (last post) authorites were concerned about something so hideous says to me they heard chatter directly related to doing that stuff in public and today poof.............................

the ''email statement'' seemed poorly composed for someone with her level of education MOO

seemed ''off'' and I am sure powers that be are giving her some scrutiny given her level of influence

YUK. The world is going mad guys. Just nutsola. Do you guys remeber in that post where there said the had concerns that they may start to behead folks in public. I will try and find it.

Well, some dude (I think NY not sure will find out) is running around with a hatchet earlier today trying to chop cops up ...

You have such a way with words Professor :biggrin:

You all should be proud to be Canadian! Yesterday as it was breaking and I heard your version of our congress (e v e r y o n e ) was working I thought now isnt that refreshing! Our guys have been on vacation for 6 weeks, did not come back to vote or feal with ISIS , nor Ibola, nor yesterday. They did swing in (a couple) for the secret service mess (it impacts their lives)> The should be back in a week or so, just in time to start prepearing for the CHristmas vacation. At least your folks were trying to govern. If stepping up a war, and a ally being terrorised does not result in any of em thinking hum maybe we should back to the office -- its stunning.

It was the Premier of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne, who stood up and declared that the show must go on, that no one would stop the government from doing its work, regardless whether the man with a gun was nuts, or nuts because of religion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back