Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread alignment is driving me crazy!

Here is a Doc Zone I watched a while back.. IIRC at around the 14:00 mark the woman shows how to take an image and drag it into the google search bar and any photo's related to that pic and linked to online activity will come up. I have not tried it yet...

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episodes/dot-con

This thread alignment is driving me crazy!

Here is a Doc Zone I watched a while back.. IIRC at around the 14:00 mark the woman shows how to take an image and drag it into the google search bar and any photo's related to that pic and linked to online activity will come up. I have not tried it yet...

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episodes/dot-con
I use tineye - just go to the site.

hahaha, so we should look for recently signed up? I joke I joke

I have company arriving. I am already receiving messages in my account and I haven't loaded a pic... Gross. I imagine that Shannon would have a lot of activity. This is crazy.

I have company arriving. I am already receiving messages in my account and I haven't loaded a pic... Gross. I imagine that Shannon would have a lot of activity. This is crazy.
You are a hot mama Lois!

There are also some Calgary fetish sites. (Don't ask me how I know) Sounds like she might frequent them. I will see if the usernames Stanny found shows up when I get some down time.

I just did a wordplay and used "shansex" and found this steampunk site which if you look at her pics, she's into and this search did not include the word Calgary.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022646494

the google shard;

Steam Community :: shansex
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022646494
Realm of the Mad God · Achievement Progress 0 of 31. 114 hrs on record last played on Mar 21. Dota 2. 0.8 hrs on record last played on Dec 21, 2013.

Steam isn't a steampunk site - it's an online gaming community. Dota 2 and Realm of the Mad God are computer games.

Steam isn't a steampunk site - it's an online gaming community. Dota 2 and Realm of the Mad God are computer games.

if you look at her ok cupid site you will find that she is an active gamer.

I'm trying to get people thinking of other user names she might use

if you look at her ok cupid site you will find that she is an active gamer.

I'm trying to get people thinking of other user names she might use

The user of the Steam profile in question also goes by the name of "Cindy" and several of her other nicknames are in Chinese. It doesn't seem like it is Shannon IMO.

The user of the Steam profile in question also goes by the name of "Cindy" and several of her other nicknames are in Chinese. It doesn't seem like it is Shannon IMO.
ok, so we'll nix that avenue and try another

"Shanswers to no one"

I think they're her own personal questions, they don't sound generic. Very interesting…Hard to tell if she's being comical or tongue in cheek or not, she seems pretty sassy and fun loving.

Other people's profiles have some of the same questions as the ones on SB's profile.

I am trying to remember that guy who was luring woman online.. we talked about him the other day, he had 3 aliases. Anyone have his name handy? I can't find him on the CPS wanted sight. Maybe he has been apprehended?

This one? Scroll down ironically just under SM

http://www.calgarycrimestoppers.org/crimesinthecity/unsolvedcrimes

"In November 2014, a female victim met a man through an internet dating website. After two dates the victim broke off the relationship however the unknown man has since been sending harassing emails, text messages and phone calls to the victim, her family and employer.

As it is suspected this man may have been using an alias when he met the victim and police are attempting to determine his true identity. He has been known to use the following names Taj SINGH, Troy BURNS, Tommy BURNA, and the first name of Taz.

The suspect is described as Middle Eastern, approximately 43 years old, 5’9” tall weighing 190 lbs. He has a shaved head and sometimes wears blue contacts."

Yes it looked to me like at least some of those questions are 'canned'.. SB perhaps created some of them on her own..

Other people's profiles have some of the same questions as the ones on SB's profile.

-respectfully snipped by me-

Regarding the marriage, from what was said on FB, it sounds like there was no real wedding, just a sudden plan to have a ceremony. So.. what pictures. I wondered the same thing, until I realized.. not many photo opportunities with the way their marriage seems to have happened so abruptly. What was it? Two days notice, even for the groom? SB said this on her FB: "aww. I would invite you all to the wedding if we were having one"

And.. hate to say this.. but.. if nobody is 'liking' SB's post when she got her new dog.. (interestingly, it seems the one family member who 'liked' her post regarding her new dog, was from JB's side).. could it be for a reason? Such as... I have in-laws who keep getting a dog from the pound, or buying a dog, and then giving it up, and giving it up, for one reason or another.. and so.. now I just feel really angry when I hear they got another new dog. If her family may have perhaps felt that SB was not able to care for or commit to a dog? But.. after looking at several of SB's FB posts, I'm not seeing many 'likes' at all from her family members, in regard to *any* of her posts, period. This could mean lack of closeness and support, or it could mean that the family is more private and offers best wishes in private.

Shannon's parents have lots of dogs, so she grew up with dogs, I cannot see it as an impulsive act she may have had. I do not see anything wrong with privacy if her family would have posted something nice, or even just a like. I do not recall to have seen a single post from a family member or a single like on her entire Facebookpage. Does not mean they never have done so, Shannon could also have deleted their comments, maybe strange but not impossible.

been following this case with you all since the first thread. did anyone notice her second last post on facebook had a picture saying

"we're all adults and busy, no reason to be in constant contact with you to prove my friendship to you. just know when/if you need me, i'm here'

then she wrote "To all my friends that think I've cut them off !"

i wonder if she was slowly going into a bit of a depression. losing interest in keeping touch with people. this makes me think maybe she did want to 'get away'.

this is only my speculation i do not mean to offend anyone involved in the case, like her family. i do not know her mental health history.

SB only reposted to her own FB timeline someone else's post about being adults and busy. It was Radio One Lebanon who said, "To all my friends that think I've cut them off !" In any case, she doesn't appear to be 'here' for her family right now, which makes me believe she is not 'here' at all any more :(

been following this case with you all since the first thread. did anyone notice her second last post on facebook had a picture saying

"we're all adults and busy, no reason to be in constant contact with you to prove my friendship to you. just know when/if you need me, i'm here'

i wonder if she was slowly going into a bit of a depression. losing interest in keeping touch with people. this makes me think maybe she did want to 'get away'.

this is only my speculation i do not mean to offend anyone involved in the case, like her family. i do not know her mental health history.

Thinking that possibly S got so deep into role playing of all variety, shapes and forms- that she may have become detached, even from herself.
Maybe she felt her lifestyle was judged, particularly as a newlywed, this would not be an unexpected or unusual response from people imo.
Who knows, maybe she cut her hair short, got tattoos and piercings, and looks completely, in almost every way different, from the pretty, sweet-faced woman we see in photos...

Wonder if any entertainers, living in Vancouver or Toronto, who is publicly into s+m , might have ever encountered Shannon?
All the above obviously preferable to alternative scenarios, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02