CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the open car doors and trunk, with blood visible and left in a public place- reminds me of the aftermath of a car accident scene, fwiw, imo.

Leaving the car in that state was far from discreet. Wouldn't the interior lights also be on if the car doors were left open? Haven't found or looked to find that info yet.

That "character" linked by dotr reminds me of this, equally creepy character:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-tom-London-ON-Dec-2014&highlight=priestap

There seems to be a surplus of these types in Ontario. Track one down & 3 more pop up

Leaving the car in that state was far from discreet. Wouldn't the interior lights also be on if the car doors were left open? Haven't found or looked to find that info yet.

Many of the newer cars have a way that you can keep the lights off when the door opens.

That "character" linked by dotr reminds me of this, equally creepy character: http:// http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?288845-CAN-Bradley-Priestap-Western-University-peeping-tom-London-ON-Dec-2014&highlight=priestap

There seems to be a surplus of these types in Ontario. Track one down & 3 more pop up

Had trouble with link, this guy?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ern-University-peeping-tom-London-ON-Dec-2014

Yes, thank you & sorry. Knew I should've double checked the link.

I haven't checked out Plenty Of Fish or other dating sites to see if Priestap had any profiles. Priestap claimed he is a Luddite who isn't familiar with technology (I don't believe that for a nanosecond). He was living in Malahide Township in 2006 & London in 2012 although the public was not made aware. He seems to have a "thing" for watching, recording & attacking women. Although his recent "victims of choice" were blondes, has that always been the case? His employment history includes working at a hair dressing salon (or school/supply shop, not 100% atm).

Because of the blood on the back trunk of Sonia's car (sorry I don't have the media links to the image, but this has been discussed quite a bit here and on UC a long while ago) it seems certain that Sonia was transported in the trunk of her own car. General belief is that the perp used her vehicle to take her to Beech Grove and then brought her car back to either where his car was parked (near the tack shop) or from where he could walk home under some cover without leaving her vehicle too close to his home location. Why would he use his own car? Doing so would leave blood and other evidence that would be more for him to hide. Does this help, FG, or were you asking something else?

Thank you, I'm satisfied! :) I also would wonder, if her own car would have been chosen only to the parking lot and not to Beechgrove. Although I have noticed that sometimes news stories are updated during the process and we (the public) between the lines are shown little new findíngs by police. - You are right: using the perp's car makes no sense at all, if there is Sonia's car and anyway used as one could see.

The way he came into his last victim's apartment and attacked the her, the "plenty of fish" acct and the other murdered women sure is compelling. I hope LE is looking at him and where he was during Sonia's murder.

Obstetrics & Gynecology - is his specialty? OMG

Everyone must be so confused about the murder of this beloved nurse.imo

http://www.thestar.com/initiatives/...schins_spirit_lives_on_at_camp_she_loved.html

"Jul 24 2011

LONGFORD MILLS, ONT.—Every summer for years, Sonia Varaschin packed her medical kit and headed north to Camp Summerfest. It’s where she spent part of her vacation caring for children with epilepsy and all the other kids who needed her help and a hug.

A registered nurse who specialized in epilepsy and neurological disorders, Varaschin was a highly respected member of the medical team at Summerfest, which is fully integrated into mainstream Camp Couchiching. Like other members of the health care group, Varaschin was a safety net making sure those with epilepsy stayed healthy. She loved camp so much, she often extended her vacation another two weeks to help at Cooch.

She did it because she loved kids and wanted to make dreams come true for children with special needs who required extra care. Without her and the other medical volunteers, these children may not have had the opportunity to go to camp and just be kids.

It’s why Varaschin’s death last Aug. 30 at the hands of a yet unknown assailant was a crushing blow to all who knew her, including her close-knit Camp Couchiching family. They’re still grieving her loss."

Originally Posted by colette View Post
The way he came into his last victim's apartment and attacked the her, the "plenty of fish" acct and the other murdered women sure is compelling. I hope LE is looking at him and where he was during Sonia's murder.

Obstetrics & Gynecology - is his specialty? OMG

I was tangled in some links, sorry. :blushing:

I've read somewhere, Sonia's bf rode his bike in the same area she was found.

Could it be, the perp AND the bf - maybe also the perp AND Shelley's husband? - had an unknown connection via their bikes? "Unknown" to the bf and the husband, but very well known to the perp?

I think of T. Boyle and his bike and the unsolved murder of his (nurse-)wife Sherry Lin ... :dunno: Perhaps the connection isn't the profession of the women Sonia/Sherry and Shelley's husband but the recreational activity of the bf/husband/perp, a club, a camp, an event, an extended tour?

Of course I don't know, why a perp would murder these women. Were these men - bf, husband - satisfied with their relationship and that bothered the perp and made him jealous? Any idea ...?

P.S. No, I don't know, if Shelley's husband also owns a bike.

How can we get the info, if TBoyle was (possibly) French speaking?

How can we get the info, if TBoyle was (possibly) French speaking?

Social media & LinkedIn would be my suggestions. LinkedIn is like a virtual public resume combined with FaceBook. If a person were bilingual or fluent in a language, they might list it on LinkedIn. Same with FB, Twitter etc. A person studying a language might also follow certain accounts, "Like" certain books (Spanish For Dummies or Conversational French as examples) or belong to certain FB groups/fan pages (like a study group from a community college or coffee group that meet to practice speaking french).

This might also work if you wanted to try searching for cycling groups/bicycle enthusiasts.

Someone mentioned the Audrey Gleave odd photoshopped tribute our hero etc. I believe it was photoshopped from a Scandinavian site praising activists for womens reproductive rights (?). Well.....did Sonia ever do work in that area practically I mean? Sorry I don't want to start down any wild path......but it will be obvious what I am thinking....

My post #156

I thought, a bike would be a motorbike. Is that right or is it a bicycle?
Sorry, that I'm asking ... :blushing:

What a pity, no news re Sonia. :(

My post #156

I thought, a bike would be a motorbike. Is that right or is it a bicycle?
Sorry, that I'm asking ... :blushing:

What a pity, no news re Sonia. :(

A bike could be referring to either a bicycle or motorcycle.
In an earlier posting, i too had wondered if perp was on a motorcycle.imo.

A bike could be referring to either a bicycle or motorcycle.
In an earlier posting, i too had wondered if perp was on a motorcycle.imo.

Apparently Sonia had a bike rack on her car, so it would be a street bike, not a motorcycle.

From German
I think of T. Boyle and his bike and the unsolved murder of his (nurse-)wife Sherry Lin ... Perhaps the connection isn't the profession of the women Sonia/Sherry and Shelley's husband

How odd that their first names begin with an S. All names are short sounding . Two were nurses, and one had a husband in nursing.

Police need to release more info on this case. I wish they would post some things on twitter and open it up to the public. Enough is enough. JMO

But we don't know if there was blood of the perp at the crime scene ...

Thinking that LE must have something in the way of dna because they collected dna from selected males known to have an association with Sonia, imo.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/police-believe-they-will-soon-catch-varaschin-killer

“We believe we have the killer’s DNA and it’s only a matter of time,” said OPP Detective Constable Andy Karski.

“I’m not worried about the timeline.” Police revealed Tuesday they would begin voluntary DNA sampling among a “select group of males” who were at least 18 years old and knew Ms. Varaschin at the time of her death last August.

Det. Const. Karski would not say how many individuals were included in that group or how they were selected
. Ms. Varaschin, 42, was found dead last September in a wooded area near her Orangeville home.

OPP have laid responsibility at the hands of a “cold-blooded killer” who would have been familiar with the area.
rbbm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member