CANADA Canada - Toronto Crimes Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone know why Susan Tice is buried in the Leith cemetery?
I had thought she was from Calgary and hadn't lived here for that long though maybe she had a history, family in Ontario before Calgary (?).
I don't know either. She had just moved from Calgary, as you say, but maybe she grew up here. The night she was murdered she had just returned from a weekend trip to someone's cottage. The belief is the killer was already in the house when she came home.

Anyone know why Susan Tice is buried in the Leith cemetery?

I mentioned this on another thread and now think I am wrong but will just float this here: I thought that some years ago say around 10 a child was attacked in a school and they linked DNA to these two crimes. I must be mistaken (??). I do remember that it was deemed very strange the fact of a child and previously an adult victim or victims decades apart. Maybe at some point someone will straighten me out on this point, someone who remembers media reports.

I think the case you mean, Chorley8, was of a sexual assault of a girl in a school washroom in the early 2000's. It was linked by DNA to an assault in 1990 or 1991 of a young woman in Greektown (Danforth area) in an office building, or something like that.

I can't remember details, including whether it was ever solved or connected to anything else. Maybe this helps.

I think the case you mean, Chorley8, was of a sexual assault of a girl in a school washroom in the early 2000's. It was linked by DNA to an assault in 1990 or 1991 of a young woman in Greektown (Danforth area) in an office building, or something like that.

I can't remember details, including whether it was ever solved or connected to anything else. Maybe this helps.
Yes, I faintly recall something like that.

Yes, that Chicago case does sound very similar (the link in the comment no longer works but if you google the cited text articles come up). Since the police seem to have investigated Dylan and Oliver and not found any reason why anyone would target them, it sounds possible that it could have been something totally random like a gang initiation. Only, you don't hear very much about violent gangs in Toronto, other than the odd drug related shooting (which is rarely downtown).

Crimesolver, thanks for that info. I had never heard about that case. My guess about the girlfriend is that she may not have seen the man approaching the window and then once the gunshot went off she likely ducked down and hid during the second shooting? It is odd that he came so close to the car though.

I was wondering about the above quote, which came from an earlier discussion on Ellis/Martin. I have tried finding the information on the "Chicago case", but was unsuccessful. I think it was either dotr or Crimesolver who posted it.

Could whomever posted it repost if you still have a copy, or give me a rundown on it and the associated comments? Many thanks in advance. It sounds interesting, maybe clues could be picked up from it.

I was wondering about the above quote, which came from an earlier discussion on Ellis/Martin. I have tried finding the information on the "Chicago case", but was unsuccessful. I think it was either dotr or Crimesolver who posted it.

Could whomever posted it repost if you still have a copy, or give me a rundown on it and the associated comments? Many thanks in advance. It sounds interesting, maybe clues could be picked up from it.

Tried to find something but couldn't so far, maybe I did not post it or I forgot what it was, but now curious- any one else remember the " Chicago case"?

Originally Posted by dotr
The picture in this link, shows the young men smiling and having fun minutes before they are murdered.

Initially, police released a description of a young, black male on a bicycle as a person of interest. Residents who looked down upon the scene from their windows saw this person, but detectives do not know how he fits into the narrative.

“Somebody knows and saw something and why they’re not coming forward and how I can reach them, I don’t know,” said Mr. Martin’s mother, Susan.

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...#ixzz1OdRCnf8z
Some interesting comments follow article.

Here is some more discussion about it. I am not sure who originated the article or conversation. I'll keep trying, but I cannot find any more details. This link is a dead end; it does not work.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/26/dupont-station-shooter-on-the-loose-a-year-later

Does anyone care to take a crack at this one?

An interesting case just updated by the TPS Hold-Up Squad today.

Catch this guy (woman?!) and perhaps prevent a homicide from happening.

I find it hard to understand the person returning to rob the same place over and over again,
and shooting the unarmed man over nothing.

-It would seem that there is some ulterior motive besides just forcibly stealing money.
- IMHO, the suspect is female. The eyes, height and body shape suggest it. To me anyway.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...se_sister_was_found_murdered_in_suitcase.html
"
Toronto police Det.-Sgt. Steve Ryan said the homicide squad’s cold case unit was doing “due diligence” in Melonie’s murder investigation by exhuming the body of her brother to make sure nothing was missed.

On Tuesday, Ryan said a new autopsy revealed there was “no new evidence” in connection with his sister’s murder and that Dwayne’s remains would be released.

At the time of the exhumation, forensics experts said the autopsy would look for signs of healing fractures in his bones to determine whether he had suffered any trauma before his death.

Similar techniques revealed that Melonie had been tortured prior to her death".

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/26/dupont-station-shooter-on-the-loose-a-year-later

Does anyone care to take a crack at this one?

An interesting case just updated by the TPS Hold-Up Squad today.

Catch this guy (woman?!) and perhaps prevent a homicide from happening.

I find it hard to understand the person returning to rob the same place over and over again,
and shooting the unarmed man over nothing.

-It would seem that there is some ulterior motive besides just forcibly stealing money.
- IMHO, the suspect is female. The eyes, height and body shape suggest it. To me anyway

RBBM

Oddly, that was my impression as well - both that the perp. may be female and that it seemed (somehow) personal.

Trying to remember, but can't- a case in TO where a woman working in a shop
( flowershop,drycleaners?) was murdered by a heavy-set female wearing long dark clothing.

Yes, that was 2-3 years ago. It was in a plaza, maybe in Scarborough. They had surveillance video of a woman walking past a nearby unit around the time of the murder.

Thanks CrimeSolver, you have a good memory!
Yes, that was the case I was thinking of- cannot find a pic. of the female poi right now, but was reminded of the subway shooter..
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/12/08/reward-offer-in-vicious-slaying-of-dry-cleaner

"But the woman captured on the surveillance video, “that is the killer,” he said. “She’s the person.”

Whittemore described the woman as being in her late 20s to mid-30s, wore her hair in a ponytail and is possibly of Asian or of Middle Eastern descent. She wore a gown that reached her mid-calf, black shoes with a white design and was carrying a reusable shopping bag.

Whittemore said there’s a chance that investigators already spoke to her, but don’t realize it, during the canvass of the area."

He said more surveillance video may be released in the near future"

The perp in DarkBlue's Toronto Sun link above ,reminded me of the dry cleaner perp because of the dark shoes, covered up appearance, possible left-handedness, carrying bags, bizarre and brazen violent behavior.imo.
Although the perp in the mall murder, looks taller and thinner ect, thought I'd just try that shot in the dark.
Either way, scary to think these unbalanced people are out there somewhere..

"Forensics have indicated the suspect is in the 5-foot-2 to 5-foot-5 range and might even be female, though the collector, William Anderson, identified the masked suspect as a male.

The assailant had twice before robbed a collector at Dupont Station for cash -- in June 2011 and again four months later -- each time holding a revolver in his or her left hand".

Right, but I highly doubt they are one and the same. Dupont robber looks stocky, conceals his/her appearance. The plaza killer made no effort to conceal her identity, looks much younger, is thin, and is of some ethnicity (probably Asian). Both of those people need to be taken off the street, and I'm also distressed that the stabber of the woman (whose name escapes me) downtown a few months ago hasn't been caught yet.

Right, but I highly doubt they are one and the same. Dupont robber looks stocky, conceals his/her appearance. The plaza killer made no effort to conceal her identity, looks much younger, is thin, and is of some ethnicity (probably Asian). Both of those people need to be taken off the street, and I'm also distressed that the stabber of the woman (whose name escapes me) downtown a few months ago hasn't been caught yet.

Nighisti Semret...
Mother of 4 murdered on way home from nightshift; Toronto - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That's it, thanks. Poor woman randomly slain by some psycho out for kicks.:furious:

First thought when I seen the pic was it's a woman.

Is it appropriate to be discussing the case of the two London, On men implicated in the Algeria terrorist plot on this board?

Is it appropriate to be discussing the case of the two London, On men implicated in the Algeria terrorist plot on this board?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/04/05/aaron-yoon-arrest-prison-mauritania.html
"CBC News has learned that Aaron Yoon, a London, Ont., man who went overseas with two high school friends who later perished participating in a militant attack on an Algerian gas plant, was arrested in Mauritania in December 2011.

Yoon, who is about 24 years old, was sentenced to two years in prison in the summer of 2012".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr
Back