CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car he had to watch was to his left as he backed up. By using the rear view mirror on his side of the car, he could've easily backed up by lining himself up parallel. There was no need to worry about the right side since there was nothing directly to his right.

Thank you, but this just makes it more confusing - did he back into / reverse park his car in the parking spot.

IIRC from the probable cause hearing - I heard stoddard (sp?) explain that he reversed his car then went forward into the parking spot. It's confusing to understand or to have the complete description because it's also suggested that it was explained he reversed his car into the parking spot. ???????

After hearing what has been on NG - this may be a moot point - have not yet seen it myself, and would like for the re-enactment to use the same seat with a person of same height to be on the same level for sight or obstruction of sight.

Did RH put his arm over the tops of the seats while he turned backwards which would maybe block the view of baby Cooper?

I know most will roll eyes or throw tomatoes, but these are questions I have, and this is an issue that I think is important that will help me to determine accident or murder.

my opinion and all that jazz :moo:
Even though my opinion does not count one way or the other for the outcome of this case - it's nice to know I can have one :seeya:

Thank you, but this just makes it more confusing - did he back into / reverse park his car in the parking spot.

IIRC from the probable cause hearing - I heard stoddard (sp?) explain that he reversed his car then went forward into the parking spot. It's confusing to understand or to have the complete description because it's also suggested that it was explained he reversed his car into the parking spot. ???????

After hearing what has been on NG - this may be a moot point - have not yet seen it myself, and would like for the re-enactment to use the same seat with a person of same height to be on the same level for sight or obstruction of sight.

Did RH put his arm over the tops of the seats while he turned backwards which would maybe block the view of baby Cooper?

I know most will roll eyes or throw tomatoes, but these are questions I have, and this is an issue that I think is important that will help me to determine accident or murder.

my opinion and all that jazz :moo:
Even though my opinion does not count one way or the other for the outcome of this case - it's nice to know I can have one :seeya:

Wouldn't it be great if they had the mock up in court, and had Ross sit in the drivers seat? Oh wait...... That didn't work so well in the OJ case.

Just to observe that video from the parking lot would be fine!

I'm just trying to find out for sure did he back in/reverse into that darn spot or not. For some reason that is the clincher for me.

If he backed in without his arm on the seats (no obstruction of view) Then he could not miss baby Cooper, because that is the way RH claims he noticed him for the first time later that day.

my opinion all that jazz etc., :moo:

Honestly, he couldn't miss him even if he didn't back in (which we know he did and then pulled up). The seat was literally almost hitting his head. It was practically in his lap! And further, it was too small for Cooper. He would have absolutely seen it and cooper when he exited his car in the morning and then reentered it at lunch with his stupid light bulb act. And then when he got back in it after work and drove for 5 minutes before his "big discovery". It really is just not believable. In no way did that car seat swallow or obscure Cooper so that Ross couldn't see him. No exaggeration. It was that close. Even by itself, it is very very damning evidence.

I cannot wait until that car seat demonstration video is on YouTube. I want everyone to see it!

Did they use the exact same car seat as well as car?

For me, one big piece of evidence I have a hard time understanding is how he could buckle his child in, drive 30-40 seconds to a light, and in the space of those few seconds forget about dropping him off and turn the other way toward work. It just seems unbelievable to me.

However, I myself have forgotten things (not a baby!) in the space of just a few seconds. More than once I have gone into a room to get something, and immediately forgotten what I intended to get. Or, I'll start to say something to someone, and immediately forget what I had meant to say. I know these things happen to other people, too; I've heard them describe it. So I have to imagine it's a reasonably common phenomenon.

But forgetting a baby? Surely forgetting something so important in that short a time should be different than forgetting that you went into the bathroom to get some tweezers, right?

I agree with your post :blowkiss: The older I get, the more forgetful I am. So, yes, I can forget one minute to the next but I can not forget I have someone in my car weather it be my dogs, or a child. I would know they are there. I do not for one second believe Cooper fell asleep during that very short drive; I do not believe JRH didn't see Cooper in his car seat; and I DO believe with all my heart he KNEW Cooper was there and wanted him to die. No excuse he can give me will make me see otherwise.. After all, it was a special day with Cooper to go to Chick'fli (sp?). He had to strap him in his car seat, kiss him "goodbye", this is a production, took time to do, then less than a minute later he FORGETS!!!!! REALLY???

Watch the video. He clearly turns his head so he can hear out of his left ear.

More NG BS.

His hearing is a non issue. Unless he was blind there is no believable reason that he did not SEE Cooper in his car seat. All three times that he had the opportunity to do so that day.

You could tell me that he was completely deaf in both ears and It would still be not be even remotely believable that he didn't see him.

:doughboy: saw cooper. He didn't need to hear him to see him.

moo

His hearing is a non issue. Unless he was blind there is no believable reason that he did not SEE Cooper in his car seat. All three times that he had the opportunity to do so that day.

You could tell me that he was completely deaf in both ears and It would still be not be even remotely believable that he didn't see him.

moo

I agree with you (and I love the new icon for RH, lol).

I should not be responding because I have yet to see NG, and will have to wait for you tube.

But some one from up thread posted that it was not the same type, and another post revealed that it was visually the same.

Not sure how to multiple quote - or I would include them here.

OOPS! I meant when LE recreated the conditions at the HD parking lot. The pic I posted was of LE.

I missed Nancy tonight, but yes I did read it wasn't the same type/brand of car seat.

I should not be responding because I have yet to see NG, and will have to wait for you tube.

But some one from up thread posted that it was not the same type, and another post revealed that it was visually the same.

Not sure how to multiple quote - or I would include them here.

I was under the impression that the car and the car seat were exactly the same and it was based on the LE reenactment. I think the car seat was a different color, but the same exact model.

There is no way <mod snip> couldn't see him. The car would practically hit him in the face while backing up. And they showed a view through the rearview mirror as well. As soon as <mod snip> looked in that mirror, that car seat and Cooper's head was smack in the middle of his vision and sight line.

If by chance the car seat wasn't the same in NG's show, it really wouldnt matter...as the inside of the car is SO small. Any carseat would protrude. It was really crazy to see.

moo

I see what you did there :giggle:

I was under the impression that the car and the car seat were exactly the same and it was based on the LE reenactment. I think the car seat was a different color, but the same exact model.

There is no way :doughboy: couldn't see him. The car would practically hit him in the face while backing up. And they showed a view through the rearview mirror as well. As soon as :doughboy: looked in that mirror, that car seat and Cooper's head was smack in the middle of his vision and sight line.

If by chance the car seat wasn't the same in NG's show, it really wouldnt matter...as the inside of the car is SO small. Any carseat would protrude. It was really crazy to see.

They said it was the same car seat, and the same make,model,year car. And they had a rag doll or something in the seat.

HERE'S the thing .............I dont care if he backed in, pulled in .slid in or did a wheelie, he SAW THE BABY in the car seat/

I agree with your post :blowkiss: The older I get, the more forgetful I am. So, yes, I can forget one minute to the next but I can not forget I have someone in my car weather it be my dogs, or a child. I would know they are there. I do not for one second believe Cooper fell asleep during that very short drive; I do not believe JRH didn't see Cooper in his car seat; and I DO believe with all my heart he KNEW Cooper was there and wanted him to die. No excuse he can give me will make me see otherwise.. After all, it was a special day with Cooper to go to Chick'fli (sp?). He had to strap him in his car seat, kiss him "goodbye", this is a production, took time to do, then less than a minute later he FORGETS!!!!! REALLY???

Now that we've seen this, I wonder what he was doing for the 30 seconds before he got out of the car.

3ege7a9u.jpg

Any more questions about how he could have missed the baby?
Not me. [emoji20]

I can't wait to post that video from NG on this page.

If you enlarge the pic below, you will see his hand on the handle of the carseat. It also shows just how close the driver's seat and carseat are- and Cooper's head was several inches above where Mr Duffy's hand is. You can also see the back of the seat extends over the middle console. Mr Duffy seems much thinner than RH, imo. Maybe a tweeter will ask him his height & weight

View attachment 54650
http://twitter.com/producerduffy/media

After leaving the restaurant at 9:19 a.m., Stoddard said Ross Harris strapped Cooper into his rear-facing car seat. Because of the dimensions of the Hyundai Tuscson, a small SUV, the top of the car seat was only about six inches from Ross Harris' head, and protruded in between the two front seats, the detective said.

I am really disappointed in Nancy Grace, she totally blew this "reenactment" of the car seat in the vehicle! How hard is it for her producers to get the car seat right? It was not a Britex, and even more shady is the fact that they have both front seats leaning backwards. This only emphasizes inaccurately how obvious the seat really is. I guess she thinks her viewers like sensationalism as opposed to the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase