CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot car death: Stages of decomposition (From Medical Expert)

Medical Expert states that he disagrees with the defense attorney on NG last night that stated that there would be no smell in the car until RH MOVED cooper out of the seat. RH would have smelled the decomposition in the car when he was driving it and disagrees that it would have just smelled of human feces.

He further states that everything you know about decomposition gets thrown out in this case due to the fact that Cooper was decomposing in an OVEN which speeds it up and changes everything. He states that in the early stages GASSES are released and they are volatile. They smell. Especially in the heat.

We learned this in Caylee's case. In the first stage of decomposition, Human's begin to immediately leak gasses upon death ( believe through the nose and mouth) and those gasses release an odor. That is the first stage of decomposition. In enclosed hot spaces it is all sped up.

Yes, more gasses would have been released when RH moved cooper ON TOP of the smell that was definitely already there. It's not only science, it's common sense.

And if RH had no sense of smell...his attorney would have been standing on the table screaming about it at that hearing as he fought for his client and tried to get the charges thrown out.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/07/10/harris-justin-ross-stages-decomposition-smell-evidence

After watching the probable cause hearing again on wildabouttrial, (which contains the entire hearing, unlike the 3 part you tube version), I am starting to have doubts about his guilt. I was so ready to see this guy hang, but now, not so sure. The prosecution was allowed by the judge to run roughshod over the defendant and his lawyer, and the judge appearing to have made up his mind early on what the outcome would be.

There were interesting things I missed the first time about how Ross & Leanna split the pick up/drop off duties so that Ross was not always dropping him off, and sometimes he would drop Cooper off then go back out for breakfast before returning to work. They were not necessarily having financial difficulties. The detective skewed Leanna's comment about "no more than anyone else" to become "financial difficulties". The convenient missing time frames on some of Ross's alleged searches, like the surviving prison and second viewing of the vet in the hot car thing. I know if anyone looked at my viewing habits, it would look crazy. I'll run across something in a forum and want to follow up on it, and it could look strange or even incriminating to other people.

On the phone testimony, it was not clear as to whether he simply pulled his phone out as he went back into the building after lunch or whether he was pretending to talk. He may have been checking for missed messages. Whatever NG has to say is about that is suspect. I can't even watch that buffoon without laughing anymore.

The judge dismissing part of a witnesses testimony by saying it's not even important.

Even Ross's behavior, while it looked initially to be lack of emotion, starts to look more like he's trying hard to suppress emotion.

His mother's anger on Facebook about speculation by the media who doesn't even know Ross. I would be angry and frustrated as well at the steamrolling of my son by "throw him to lions" mentality.

I dunno, was hoping maybe others might watch again with an open mind, not so clouded by media and public opinion and see if anyone who is deadset on his guilt might have a shred of doubt.

I respect your thoughts and opinions, as well as everyone elses even if it differs from mine.

I can only speak for myself, but one of the two pieces of evidence that does it for me is straight from the horses mouth.

RH stated he buckled Cooper tightly in his car seat after having breakfast with him at CFA, kissed him and then forgot about him in 30 seconds.

The 2nd one is Coopers car seat was 6 inches away from RH

It really is that simple for me.

Regarding JRH being deaf in his right ear--an excerpt from a lengthy article referencing among other things posts he'd made online about how it happened, and to what degree it bothers him today:

Harris’ defense attorney, Maddox Kilgore, told a judge Harris was deaf in his right ear—the side that was closest to Cooper’s car seat—at a hearing last week.

While Stoddard testified police were never informed of Harris’ disability, posts from the account believed to belong to Harris detailed the incident that claimed his ability to hear on that side.

“I had a bottle rocket explode in my ear that was shot by friend,” the post reads. “It caused me to have vertigo/terrible balance and facial paralysis for long time, thankfully after two surgeries I have no outward issues, I’m just deaf in my right ear.”

However, the person believed to be Harris went on to say he was no longer affected by his partial deafness.

“I really can’t tell anymore,” he wrote. “I think my left ear has compensated for what I’m missing in my right ear.”

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Leanna Harris hires defense attorney

Alright, 2 minutes til NG.

Reeeally looking forward to the re-creation of the car seat in the SUV.

Who's going to 'take one for the team' and join me?

After watching the probable cause hearing again on wildabouttrial, (which contains the entire hearing, unlike the 3 part you tube version), I am starting to have doubts about his guilt. I was so ready to see this guy hang, but now, not so sure. The prosecution was allowed by the judge to run roughshod over the defendant and his lawyer, and the judge appearing to have made up his mind early on what the outcome would be.

There were interesting things I missed the first time about how Ross & Leanna split the pick up/drop off duties so that Ross was not always dropping him off, and sometimes he would drop Cooper off then go back out for breakfast before returning to work. They were not necessarily having financial difficulties. The detective skewed Leanna's comment about "no more than anyone else" to become "financial difficulties". The convenient missing time frames on some of Ross's alleged searches, like the surviving prison and second viewing of the vet in the hot car thing. I know if anyone looked at my viewing habits, it would look crazy. I'll run across something in a forum and want to follow up on it, and it could look strange or even incriminating to other people.

On the phone testimony, it was not clear as to whether he simply pulled his phone out as he went back into the building after lunch or whether he was pretending to talk. He may have been checking for missed messages. Whatever NG has to say is about that is suspect. I can't even watch that buffoon without laughing anymore.

The judge dismissing part of a witnesses testimony by saying it's not even important.

Even Ross's behavior, while it looked initially to be lack of emotion, starts to look more like he's trying hard to suppress emotion.

His mother's anger on Facebook about speculation by the media who doesn't even know Ross. I would be angry and frustrated as well at the steamrolling of my son by "throw him to lions" mentality.

I dunno, was hoping maybe others might watch again with an open mind, not so clouded by media and public opinion and see if anyone who is deadset on his guilt might have a shred of doubt.

I was the same way - ready to hang - watched the probable cause hearing at Wild About Trial - although it did not make me do a complete turn around for this guy and think he just simply forgot his son - it did start me questioning and putting a little different perspective on some issues.

He claims to notice baby Cooper when he looked "back and to the right" to change lanes -natural move, understandable. There's more of a stretch backward to see the upcoming traffic than just making right hand turns or getting something from the passenger front seat/floor. With that move it's just a slight turn of the head not necessarily a stretch backwards, and in some way understandable to not notice baby Cooper until lane change time.

But the issue I have a hard time with is if he reversed into a parking spot (backed into it) he would of had to stretch backwards - looking "back and to the right" to park his car, and noticing baby Cooper like he did to change lanes.

What I'm unclear on, and it's still confusing is how or did he get into the parking spot. Did he just reverse, back up a few spaces to then go forward into a parking spot. Then, there is no need to stretch back and to the right. It can be done with side mirrors alone. Or did he reverse into the parking spot?

Sounds like the JFK movie but it's not to the left it's "back and to the right" - all joking aside, I think this (to me at least) is a major deal breaker for it being an accident or on purpose. I'm sure they have this all on the video - sure wish we could see it.

Thank you for letting me ramble on - my opinion and all that jazz :moo:

I was the same way - ready to hang - watched the probable cause hearing at Wild About Trial - although it did not make me do a complete turn around for this guy and think he just simply forgot his son - it did start me questioning and putting a little different perspective on some issues.

He claims to notice baby Cooper when he looked "back and to the right" to change lanes -natural move, understandable. There's more of a stretch backward to see the upcoming traffic than just making right hand turns or getting something from the passenger front seat/floor. With that move it's just a slight turn of the head not necessarily a stretch backwards, and in some way understandable to not notice baby Cooper until lane change time.

But the issue I have a hard time with is if he reversed into a parking spot (backed into it) he would of had to stretch backwards - looking "back and to the right" to park his car, and noticing baby Cooper like he did to change lanes.

What I'm unclear on, and it's still confusing is how or did he get into the parking spot. Did he just reverse, back up a few spaces to then go forward into a parking spot. Then, there is no need to stretch back and to the right. It can be done with side mirrors alone. Or did he reverse into the parking spot?

Sounds like the JFK movie but it's not to the left it's "back and to the right" - all joking aside, I think this (to me at least) is a major deal breaker for it being an accident or on purpose. I'm sure they have this all on the video - sure wish we could see it.

The had him on tape at lunch, so I think they had him parking that morning too.

Alright, 2 minutes til NG.

Reeeally looking forward to the re-creation of the car seat in the SUV.

Who's going to 'take one for the team' and join me?

Storm here, my electric just went out
:( I wanted to see that seat in there too. If someone can get a screen shot, that would be lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guy is sitting in the same model and year car.

OMG, the car seat is right there!!! He even showed the view when you look in the rear view mirror. When you looked to the right and when you looked behind to back up.

Oh yeah! RH is toast!

The car seat is RIGHT THERE between the 2 front seats. If you look to your right, or use the rear view mirror, your will see the car seat and the head of the child.

That car seat was practically in his lap. No exaggeration.

Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that he could not see it. Impossible.

The car seat demonstration proved to me that he knew the baby was in the car and he could see the top of his head.

Dr Drew is on and will be covering Cooper too, later in the show.

Stated that they have a reporter standing by in their hometown.

I'll let y'all know if it's anything new.

ETA: at this point, for me, after seeing that video of the car seat, I don't need anything else that proves this guy guilty.

Dr Drew is on and will be covering Cooper too, later in the show.

Stated that they have a reporter standing by in their hometown.

I'll let y'all know if it's anything new.

ETA: at this point, for me, after seeing that video of the car seat, I don't need anything else that proves this guy guilty.
I thought it was going to be tight but o.m.g. he really should try to work a plea.

The car he had to watch was to his left as he backed up. By using the rear view mirror on his side of the car, he could've easily backed up by lining himself up parallel. There was no need to worry about the right side since there was nothing directly to his right.

Thank you, Lovejac! I never heard if there was/was not a backup camera. So that is one more thing I can cross off the excuses list.

You are very welcome. These threads move FAST and it's easy to miss little tid bits here and there.

ETA: if you want to be able to cross everything off your list of excuses with one swoop, watch the NG episode that was just on (they re-run it at 2 am or someone will have it uploaded on YouTube later tonight).

They had video of the car seat in the same exact make, model and year car as RH. It is very damning to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase