Casey Anthony Legal Defense Strategies #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, and no worries - I lead the pack for stepping in it and making a mistake. Here's hoping it IS true.

I could swear the car was left locked at Amscot. But I could be wrong. I know the purse was there on the seat.

BTW, a purse on a seat will draw in people to break the window to get said purse. I had that happen to me several years ago. Of course, it was my crappy roommate that did it, but I can see her thinking leaving that purse in plain sight would make someone at least break the window to get it, thus leaving their fingerprints on the car, which leads to someone else she can blame. I think that's the real reason she left it there.

That's the other thing about this case. There are so many details to try and follow and keep together! The details are make any sort of defense really hard to establish.

If I remember correctly the tow guy said the doors were locked.

Checked the sticky of the tow-guys interview. Car locked, no keys. Doesn't remember a smell, had a cold - remember the child/babyseat in the back.

Note to self: delete car at Amscot "unlocked" myth from data storage area in brain.

Checked the sticky of the tow-guys interview. Car locked, no keys. Doesn't remember a smell, had a cold - remember the child/babyseat in the back.

Note to self: delete car at Amscot "unlocked" myth from data storage area in brain.
Nonetheless, I still think Casey convieniently left her purse in it in plain sight, hoping the car would be stolen- another scapegoat and perhaps the dumpster would cover the decomp odor, so problem solved for her! Noone would have guessed that Caylee was dead, at least not yet and she could keep lying about her disappearance.

Nonetheless, I still think Casey convieniently left her purse in it in plain sight, hoping the car would be stolen- another scapegoat and perhaps the dumpster would cover the decomp odor, so problem solved for her! Noone would have guessed that Caylee was dead, at least not yet and she could keep lying about her disappearance.

Wasn't it something they were calling her "work" bag, that had some papers and stuff in it but not actually what the average wallet would hold - like money, ID, cards, etc.?

Wasn't it something they were calling her "work" bag, that had some papers and stuff in it but not actually what the average wallet would hold - like money, ID, cards, etc.?
How does one have a "work bag", when they don't actually work?:waitasec:
Any idea of what kind of papers were in it?

How does one have a "work bag", when they don't actually work?:waitasec:
Any idea of what kind of papers were in it?

I'm going to go back and read it but I vaguely remember it was Amy's resume? And her lanyard may have been in there. Darn, I'm going to back to check that out. Give me a minute.

I'm going to go back and read it but I vaguely remember it was Amy's resume? And her lanyard may have been in there. Darn, I'm going to back to check that out. Give me a minute.

Okay back after a couple of pm's per search instructions from The World According - there was an envelope with Amy H.'s resumes, and Chris's lanyard.

Yes, I thought it was like a "tote bag" (didn't it have Amy's Universal application in it?)...Cindy is the one who called it KC's purse.

So Baez et al has filed a motion saying the State hasn't given them enough evidence to substantiate the five aggravating factors listed in their motion last week. Thanks to Sun for posting in Todays News.

Why isn't that surprising, considering their complete befuddlement expressed at the last hearing?n a motion filed Thursday morning, the defense said the state failed to provide any indication of the evidence it intends to rely on to prove the existence of the aggravating factors.

Prosecutors listed as many as five aggravating factors they may rely on last week, but the defense said that's not good enough.

The defense also demanded more discovery evidence from Oak Ridge Laboratory concerning the so-called sniff tests done on the air in Anthony's car.

Based on what the defense called "experimental research," scientists at Oak Ridge Laboratory came to the conclusion the air had signs of a decomposition event having taken place in the car.

The defense is asking Judge Belvin Perry to decide on the issues.

The state attorney's office is also preparing to release as much as 500 more pages of evidence in the case as early as Friday.

Article: http://www.wesh.com/news/23620126/detail.html

I'm going to be waiting with bated breath to see what HHJP does with this request for supporting evidence of the five aggravating factors.

My understanding is the State does not have to provide this supporting evidence until much closer to the actual trial date.

Maybe we can get our legal minds, "experted or not" to chime in here as to likelyhood to compel.:waitasec:

logicalgirl;

You may want to ask over in the q&a for lawyers thread. Seems defense wants everything spelled out, why I am not certain. Maybe the want to know which evidence to try to debunk, or just don't have a good defense strategy (obviously) and want some clues as to how to proceed. I am not certain. I am with you that I don't think state has to provide the supporting evidence just yet, but maybe defense is pushing the time tables now that only x amount of money can be spent by each expert, etc... I really am not certain.

logicalgirl;

You may want to ask over in the q&a for lawyers thread. Seems defense wants everything spelled out, why I am not certain. Maybe the want to know which evidence to try to debunk, or just don't have a good defense strategy (obviously) and want some clues as to how to proceed. I am not certain. I am with you that I don't think state has to provide the supporting evidence just yet, but maybe defense is pushing the time tables now that only x amount of money can be spent by each expert, etc... I really am not certain.

LOL you are right but I am too excited about the thought of 500 pages of evidence to concentrate on making an entry over there!:woohoo:

So Baez et al has filed a motion saying the State hasn't given them enough evidence to substantiate the five aggravating factors listed in their motion last week. Thanks to Sun for posting in Todays News.

Why isn't that surprising, considering their complete befuddlement expressed at the last hearing?n a motion filed Thursday morning, the defense said the state failed to provide any indication of the evidence it intends to rely on to prove the existence of the aggravating factors.

Prosecutors listed as many as five aggravating factors they may rely on last week, but the defense said that's not good enough.

The defense also demanded more discovery evidence from Oak Ridge Laboratory concerning the so-called sniff tests done on the air in Anthony's car.

Based on what the defense called "experimental research," scientists at Oak Ridge Laboratory came to the conclusion the air had signs of a decomposition event having taken place in the car.

The defense is asking Judge Belvin Perry to decide on the issues.

The state attorney's office is also preparing to release as much as 500 more pages of evidence in the case as early as Friday.

Article: http://www.wesh.com/news/23620126/detail.html

I am not surprised that Baez et al are continuing with the issue of the aggrivating factors and SA suppsed lack of evidence. I thought that SA need not provide until trial? Clearly their backs are up against the wall here and they are getting in deeper by the day. IMO there still is no solid defense plan for ICA. They better get cracking quick here!

Well LG in as much as the tesing done by the Oak Ridge labs is newer, ground breaking science/technology doesn't make it ineffective per se. But as Mark Eiglarsh says, "there is good ole fashioned technology to back it up that doesn't lie and it is called the nose." It can accurately detect odors the old fashioned way quite reliably. By CA, GA,LA, Simon Birch, etc. accounts it smelled strongly of human decomp. The defense will have a tough time getting by the many who will testify to what they smelled coming from the trunk of the pontiac. JMO

JB and crew better worry more about the acquaintance witnesses than Oak Ridge. He has got a lot of explaining to do with their testimonies and the text messages and phone calls. There will be a long list of these people being on the stand for hours giving first hand explanations of ICA's behaviors before and after June 15, 2008.

Oak Ridge will be a small battle; ICA former acquaintances will be the war that he will lose.

From all the witnesses on the state list, Dr. G is the one who will sent chills up ICA's entire being as well as the A clan and the defense crew.

This is exactly what i was thinking too she would be hopeing that the car was stolen then say caylee was in the car and the person/s who took the car must have killed her then dumped her near kc home to blame her... how much easier can u make it for someone to steal your car by leaving the doors opened and also a purse/ bag lying on the front seat ... now theres an invitation if ever there was one

ergo soddi

it also kinda puts premeditation in the picture because she planning ahead justy a pity someone didnt steal the car (sarcasm ) and kc could be out ugly coping all over the place

This is exactly what i was thinking too she would be hopeing that the car was stolen then say caylee was in the car and the person/s who took the car must have killed her then dumped her near kc home to blame her... how much easier can u make it for someone to steal your car by leaving the doors opened and also a purse/ bag lying on the front seat ... now theres an invitation if ever there was one

ergo soddi

it also kinda puts premeditation in the picture because she planning ahead justy a pity someone didnt steal the car (sarcasm ) and kc could be out ugly coping all over the place

ITA the purse was left on the seat as an invitation for thieves. Plus, leaving the car at a check-cashing place...generally their clientele are hurting for money. She might as well have parked it in front of a pawn shop, you know?

It makes me giggle when I imagine Casey seeing the car gone from Amscot after the 30th, getting all excited thinking that someone had stolen it and she was home free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand