Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do the dates compare, though? Court docs indicate she filed "01/11/2012 for a Notice of Termination of Representation (Dorothy Clay Sims)." The fact that she filed several days after this whole fiasco went viral makes it seem more like a personal statement from Sims than just a formality.

Heh, heh. Kinda reminds me of George *washing his hands* after his testimony in court. :yesss:

interesting both JB and DS???? if true, of course doesnt suprise me, they outlived their usefullness to her. although you would think she would not bite the hands that ( free) her- not to bite the hands that got you off scott free, ala OJ. or at least a person w/ somekind of logic would think that, but that is JMO

Has any of the DT said they are writing books. If they have I have missed it. Won"t being interested in what they have to say, not after the performance they gave.

I'll need to find the link, but when reporters were asking CM how he feels about JA's book, he mentioned something to the effect that he is/will be writing one about "behind the scenes".
Whether just being a smart azz, or true, don't know...he didn't go into any detail besides that comment. Haven't heard about any publishers, etc picking it up, though.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Casey-...s-book/-/475880/4019832/-/sir65z/-/index.html

ERA : apparently, he did so in the "round table" discussion, as well....as other sources reported.

I’m grateful for any activity that diminishes FCA’s future earning potential but it will not change my opinion of anyone who supported and defended her just because they distanced themselves from the case. Jose, Simms, Mason, Frye, Finnell, Biden, Barbra Walters, dr phil. Your reputations have been forever changed in my eyes.

Has any of the DT said they are writing books. If they have I have missed it. Won"t being interested in what they have to say, not after the performance they gave.

Just Mason I think....:floorlaugh:

disclaimer...*take this with extreme grain of salt*

i seen on tmz.com where JB (supposedly) quit ( vs gettig fired?) = IF this is true, can he do that quit? i'm not an legal expert but i thought she had to fire him( his only way out/escape?)

Well technically the case is over...all but the appeal. And technically an attorney would have to file a motion to withdraw as counsel in an ongoing case. But since FCA has a "very competent" *snicker* remaining DT.....JB can go if he so chooses if it is a mutual agreement between him and his ... er.. client.

Well technically the case is over...all but the appeal. And technically an attorney would have to file a motion to withdraw as counsel in an ongoing case. But since FCA has a "very competent" *snicker* remaining DT.....JB can go if he so chooses if it is a mutual agreement between him and his ... er.. client.

I thought CM and LF filed the appeal. Is JB's siggy on it as well? If so, he would have to file a motion with the appeals court to withdraw. But if he is not involved in the appeal he has no further legal obligations to Casey. And that means he can quit.

But it is interesting that JB supposedly "volunteered" to step down as counsel. If that is his word and the not the reporter's word, he might be involved in some legal action on Casey's behalf, possibly the appeal. I really don't remember if I saw his name on the appeal or not but just off the top of my head I will say JB was not involved in the filing of the appeal.

In any case I don't think Casey's permission to withdraw is required. I think he would do what Sims did--file a Motion to Withdraw--and then the court rules on it.

I should just stop because I really do not know FLORIDA law in this regard and it may differ from what happens in my state.

You are right. As Baez said on the GR show when Geraldo asked him if he was going to stay on the case - what case - there is no case - it's over.

We all knew Baez was in this for future profits as seen when he was not available at all for the usual interviews at the completion of the trial. He wasn't hopping from media station to media station to talk about the verdict - he was hunkered down at some posh New York hotel, awaiting offers from the highest bidder to either hire him as a talking head, or bid on an exclusive interview with OCA or both if he hit paydirt.

Six months later - no offers and here we have OCA giving it away on YouTube. In the meantime, Baez has earned a few measly bucks flogging the Ohio photos and a few releases on TMZ but not enough to save his house. And the stink from OCA's trial and verdict is attached to Baez, so all those requests for him to act in defense cases haven't happened either.

Past time for him to cut her loose and move on. I think he can see where the civil cases are going.

interesting both JB and DS???? if true, of course doesnt suprise me, they outlived their usefullness to her. although you would think she would not bite the hands that ( free) her- not to bite the hands that got you off scott free, ala OJ. or at least a person w/ somekind of logic would think that, but that is JMO

She has ALWAYS bitten the hand that feeds (frees) her. Look at her history. ALWAYS! She is clueless. JMHO.

Wonder if him moving to Miami has anything to do with all the legal bridges he burned in Orange County. Must be pretty hard to work out of that courthouse after making such an @ss out of himself for the last 3 years!

So true! If I needed a defense attorney in Orlando I specifically WOULD NOT hire JB. You know prosecutors will be gunnin' for him. JMHO.

Lesser of the two evils, I guess.
I have a question. While I have worked in the legal field for many moons....I have never worked on a high profile case. Do you think the staff at JB, et al's office signed a confidentiality agreement? I do know that turnover in a law office is sometimes high. Especially if profits are not shared and the staff is shafted (or feels shafted)....I just wonder why no disgruntled employees have come forward with a tell all?

I believe attorney-client privilege extends to the staff. I worked for many years in a law firm. We did have to sign docs when hired. One firm very specifically documented that if we so much as disclosed the NAMES of our clients we were out!

Yes, it is highly likely that Casey claimed video release was "an accident." Maybe she said she threw them in the pool but GA pulled them out and posted them online. Wonder if they were duct taped.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: omg ... this is hilarious :great: ...

:waitasec: ya know, she just might say it was an "accident" ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You are right. As Baez said on the GR show when Geraldo asked him if he was going to stay on the case - what case - there is no case - it's over.

We all knew Baez was in this for future profits as seen when he was not available at all for the usual interviews at the completion of the trial. He wasn't hopping from media station to media station to talk about the verdict - he was hunkered down at some posh New York hotel, awaiting offers from the highest bidder to either hire him as a talking head, or bid on an exclusive interview with OCA or both if he hit paydirt.

Six months later - no offers and here we have OCA giving it away on YouTube. In the meantime, Baez has earned a few measly bucks flogging the Ohio photos and a few releases on TMZ but not enough to save his house. And the stink from OCA's trial and verdict is attached to Baez, so all those requests for him to act in defense cases haven't happened either.

Past time for him to cut her loose and move on. I think he can see where the civil cases are going.

Casey is going the way of OJ Simpson - problem is, she has nothing to sell and live on for the next 10 years since all she ever accomplished was....ummm....yeah, nothing. She's going to have to sell herself and no one is willing to pay her directly. She will definitely start getting desperate soon - my money is on Larry Fllint or low budget *advertiser censored*.

Welcome to hell <modsnip> IMO

So Baez and Sims quit. What do y'all make of this.... that they realize she's lying about the computer hacking, and they're jumping off a sinking ship?

The irony.... Baez will probably run out now and do a tell-all interview for millions, then run off to Mexico!

So Baez and Sims quit. What do y'all make of this.... that they realize she's lying about the computer hacking, and they're jumping off a sinking ship?

I think Baez was trying hard to get her a big money deal from a Mainstream News source or a big book deal. Baez had publicly stated that BEFORE Casey would do her big interview she needed to heal from her tragedy. So he told everyone she was going to seek treatment and go to school online and better herself, essentially. He said all of that because he thought he could help her have a comeback. But after she made those vapid and skanky videos and caused all of that needless drama, imo, that was that. He was over it. And I think that Dottie was helping to hide her out, and she is done now too. No PAYDAY in sight, so Casey has to go.

The irony.... Baez will probably run out now and do a tell-all interview for millions, then run off to Mexico!

I don't know if he'd get one - people hate him almost as much as OCA and are disgusted with the tactics he used at the trial. I think that will stick to him for a long long time.

I think Baez was trying hard to get her a big money deal from a Mainstream News source or a big book deal. Baez had publicly stated that BEFORE Casey would do her big interview she needed to heal from her tragedy. So he told everyone she was going to seek treatment and go to school online and better herself, essentially. He said all of that because he thought he could help her have a comeback. But after she made those vapid and skanky videos and caused all of that needless drama, imo, that was that. He was over it. And I think that Dottie was helping to hide her out, and she is done now too. No PAYDAY in sight, so Casey has to go.

How do we know that Dottie is out also. Thanks -

I don't know if he'd get one - people hate him almost as much as OCA and are disgusted with the tactics he used at the trial. I think that will stick to him for a long long time.

I dunno... Barbara Walters inteviewed him after the trial, remember? I didn't watch. And of course he's always accessible to Geraldo. Baez's value might be higher now that he isn't on her team any more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back