Casey Anthony reportedly planning to dump lawyer Jose Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a little confused here. Is JB still FCA's attorney? I thought when he got her off he was done being her attorney??? I could understand him still being in contact with her if she were found quilty, but she walked free ????

I'm a little confused here. Is JB still FCA's attorney? I thought when he got her off he was done being her attorney??? I could understand him still being in contact with her if she were found quilty, but she walked free ????

Nope, he is still on record for the appeal process. All of them are, until they file something with the Court and the Judge grants an Order removing them.

If there was no appeal, they would all be free of her without filing anything and waiting for the Judge to grant anything.

Ewww! :sick: That did not conjure pleasant images!

So, we have not seen anything that JB filed with the Court to remove himself as an attorney of record yet?

OMGosh! Guess I didn't think that one all the way through. Sorry! :redface:

Well, he's no angel in this mess and I do not like the idea of him making money for what he helped do to Caylee's memory. But, if he does make a bunch of cash I hope it pees Casey off to no end.

Really though, what all could he tell? He can talk about what he did at trial, etc., which most everyone knows already anyway. He can't talk about anything the killer told him in confidence either by word or in writing. So...what could be the basis of his "tell-all." I'm not challenging your statement, I am asking for real--what could Baez actually sell to anyone?

I thought about that after I posted it. He can't completely turn on her, of course. I suppose he could pull a "Leonard Padilla" though.... "I trusted her, thought she was a victim! But now THIS! Now I know better!"

Nope, he is still on record for the appeal process. All of them are, until they file something with the Court and the Judge grants an Order removing them.

If there was no appeal, they would all be free of her without filing anything and waiting for the Judge to grant anything.

It could also have been more to put the media and public on official notice.

JB was 'managing' KC's affairs after her release as an 'agent' and there were questions about conflict of interest.

Either JB is removing himself officially as attorney so he can focus on the KC agent work or, hopefully is walking away altogether and wants everyone to know he no longer speaks or represents KC.

Damage control IMO.

What is the penalty for breaking lawyer/client confidentially after a client's death? Didn't two lawyers get a man out of prison after their client died?

Casey Anthony is planning to fire her lawyer Jose Baez, who defended her in the 2011 murder trial involving her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. She’s angry over how he’s handling the media circus around her first sit-down interview.

<snipped>.....Anthony&#8217;s original attorney, Cheney Mason, will take over as her representative to the media, and sources say an announcement is imminent. ......<snipped>

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/casey_set_to_dump_lawyer_LBVrddLhtCU1BbkWJbMI1O#ixzz1jH92bc2a

granted the above article re: Jose and FCA breaking-up contains some wrong statements and unnamed sources, but regarding the blue bolded by me

Didn't CM give the media the finger while he was walking to the illustrious after-party on the day of the verdict? I hope they all give it right back to him, how does he think he will have any better luck than JB getting her the big $$$$ deal. FCA is FCA, no matter who is representing her.
IMO, MOO, etc.

Just a reminder to all (but mainly myself) that neither FCA or Baez have confirmed as of today that he is off the case. The last we heard from him, he was still standing up for her on Geraldo.

I will remain skeptical until it is confirmed.

JMO

I thought CM called Casey a psycho during the trial or something like that. Help me remember please.

Just a reminder to all (but mainly myself) that neither FCA or Baez have confirmed as of today that he is off the case. The last we heard from him, he was still standing up for her on Geraldo.

JMO
??? He told TMZ that he quit.

TMZ doesn't print stuff from blogs/tweets. Baez has a relationship with them, and they exclusively reported that he said he quit.

??? He told TMZ that he quit.

TMZ doesn't print stuff from blogs/tweets. Baez has a relationship with them, and they exclusively reported that he said he quit.

By Hal Boedeker

Orlando Sentinel

10:02 a.m. EST, January 12, 2012

Baez was not returning calls to the Orlando Sentinel today. TMZ.com cites no sources in its short report, but says that Baez “has decided to REMOVE HIMSELF from Anthony’s legal team.”

Note the capitalization.

TMZ says it isn’t clear why Baez quit, yet Baez has talked to TMZ in the past.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-jose-baez-quits-20120112,0,6114395.story

I thought CM called Casey a psycho during the trial or something like that. Help me remember please.

Do you mean the day they stopped the trial 'cause CM wanted FKC evaluated??? Yep, that happened.

ETA: Hahaha, now it is all coming back, he and JB had a stand off - chest to chest - by the Deputy at the door. Hilarious!!!

JMO

We have to wait until something official is filed with the Court. As of now, we know of nothing having been filed. But JB waits until 4:59 p.m. on Friday to file something that still is not ready, so he has to correct it. :crazy: We have to wait...

Do you mean the day they stopped the trial 'cause CM wanted FKC evaluated??? Yep, that happened.

Yes there was yelling heard and someone stated that CM called casey mental or something like that.

We have to wait until something official is filed with the Court. As of now, we know of nothing having been filed. But JB waits until 4:59 p.m. on Friday to file something that still is not ready, so he has to correct it. :crazy: We have to wait...

LOL he is probably looking for someone to write it for him so there are not misspellings.

Yes there was yelling heard and someone stated that CM called casey mental or something like that.

YUP. And this whole thing cracks me up now because since Baez and Simms have bailed, Cheney Mason is left holding the bag. :crazy:

Where is she going to go? Who is going to babysit her highness now? Is Cindy getting her room ready now?

Come on, people. The article originally came from The New York Post, a sleazy tabloid known for their less than truthful articles. Honestly, if Casey were thinking of firing Baez, how would the New York Post, of all media outlets, know about it? Casey isn't talking. The publisher at the NYP is laughing in his coffee this morning, thinking how he used the Casey and Baez hatred as bait to draw in eager readers and increase his profits.

Actually Chilly, The New York Post is owned and operated by News. Corp and the media mogul Rupert Murdoch who also owns and operates Fox News and almost every other newspaper, station, news outlet on the planet. That company controls almost all of the "news".

I say this in agreement with you that the New York Post is horrible but it is no different than Fox (equally horrible) . They are one in the same. Unfortunately, Murdoch owns practically all of the "news" that we ingest. 15 years ago there were 55 different News Corporations, today there are five. Sadly, it all comes from the same place.

Actually Chilly, The New York Post is owned and operated by News. Corp and the media mogul Rupert Murdoch who also own and operate Fox News and almost every other newspaper, station, news outlet on the planet. That company controls almost all of the "news".

I say this in agreement with you that the New York Post is horrible but it is no different than Fox (equally horrible) . They are one in the same. Unfortunately, Murdoch owns practically all of the "news" that we ingest. 15 years ago there were 55 different News Corporations, currently, there are five. Sadly, it all comes from the same place.

I prefer to think of it as Faux News.
:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling