Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree-- Peterson has been mentioned a lot in this forum, piquing my interest to read more about the case. I'm currently reading A Deadly Game, Catherine Crier's book about the Peterson case. I haven't finished it yet-- but IMO it's an excellent book. Crier purports to include a lot of previously unreleased information, transcripts from Peterson's wiretapped phone conversations etc.

As I read it, I constantly note the intense similarities between Casey and Scott Peterson's communication style-- the circularity of speech, the deflection tactics, etc.

At one point in the book, Crier analyzes Peterson's constant lying and writes:
"More and more, Scott's behavior was calling to mind Hitler's theory reminiscent of the big lie: If you say soemthing completely outrageous, but repeat it often enough, many will finally believe you. Over the years, Scott had evidently learned simply to bulldoze his way through such confrontations. More often than not, he would succeed." (Casey!)

Also, Casey's fake emails about her fake job are reminiscent of the three fake academic degrees Peterson purchased on the internet.

Casey's Hot Body Contest and nights at Fusian are also somewhat reminiscent of Scott's decision to add premium adult channels to his cable package in the days after he murdered Laci.

Casey is quickly irritated or uncomfortable when conversation focuses on Caylee. Peterson seemed similarly annoyed and uncomfortable when asked about Conner.

And, of course, their inappropriate courtroom affect:
scottandcaseysmirk.jpg
scottandcaseysmile.jpg
Wow. Great post Nancy...And a MAJOR creepy on the similar facial expression! They could be brother and sister!

MOO

I totally agree-- Peterson has been mentioned a lot in this forum, piquing my interest to read more about the case. I'm currently reading A Deadly Game, Catherine Crier's book about the Peterson case. I haven't finished it yet-- but IMO it's an excellent book. Crier purports to include a lot of previously unreleased information, transcripts from Peterson's wiretapped phone conversations etc.

As I read it, I constantly note the intense similarities between Casey and Scott Peterson's communication style-- the circularity of speech, the deflection tactics, etc.

"More and more, Scott's behavior was calling to mind Hitler's theory reminiscent of the big lie: If you say soemthing completely outrageous, but repeat it often enough, many will finally believe you. Over the years, Scott had evidently learned simply to bulldoze his way through such confrontations. More often than not, he would succeed." (Casey!)

Also, Casey's fake emails about her fake job are reminiscent of the three fake academic degrees Peterson purchased on the internet.

Casey's Hot Body Contest and nights at Fusian are also somewhat reminiscent of Scott's decision to add premium adult channels to his cable package in the days after he murdered Laci.

Casey is quickly irritated or uncomfortable when conversation focuses on Caylee. Peterson seemed similarly annoyed and uncomfortable when asked about Conner.

scottandcaseysmirk.jpg
scottandcaseysmile.jpg

Excellent. A real homerun!!! :thumb:

Wow, those two could be soul(less) mates!

Great post BTW.

Yes, Nancy....you are good. Thanks for the PICS. Good work... WoW!.

Same pathologies..you will see similar traits.

The only difference with these two is SP is educated, brighter and was able to have a plan with his crime. KC lives in the moment, can't plan well and does not have the IQ of Scott. Otherwise, their are alike. Both have adoring mothers who fight to the finish. Fathers take a back seat. Lee did not even go to courtroom for sentencing.

So far, Cindy seems to have a lot more issues than Jackie. We didn't get to know Jackie, though, like we got to know Cindy. I did have an opportunity to speak with Jackie once. She was gracious and very kind. Cindy is a little rough (?) around the edges...uhm. :whistle:

Well they're not going to get away with that defense because we know Casey's not responsible for that room, and she certainly wasn't tucking her in and reading her a good night story every night before bed.

That room was no doubt all Cindy Anthony. Look at the rest of the house. Look at the video's in the living room, etc. I mean...we're talking pale beige carpeting...no toys around...no toys strown. If one walked into the house they would never know a baby resided there.I believe Caylee's room was her respite when she was to play. I believe this was on part by Cindy and that was how she raised her children, the same. Any other room, other than the child's bedroom, was merely the "show rooms" of the house. Just too stiff and uncomfortable and all the oriental stuff and glass cabinets...it certainly was not an environment for a child to play in comfortably. I can just hear all the "no-no's", don't touch this..don't touch that. Play in your room".....I mean don't get me wrong, I have liked a clean home as well...but there were indicators in all rooms that children existed.

I agree about their love for Caylee. I think Caylee was Cindy's entire world.

"I have no life without Caylee." - Cindy Anthony, 2nd August

I believe her. It explains much about her behaviour.

scottandcaseysmirk.jpg
scottandcaseysmile.jpg

wow just wow
those pics are scary
great post!!!

What bugs me the most about Casey Anthony shows up in these 2 pictures of her.(IMO) She has so many "looks". Look at the "face". The hair is yes the same ... but the "face" ... it has a totally different "face" look than the 2nd picture. I would not identify those as the same "face".

I see that in all of her pictures and even film. You think you know what she looks like -- then you see another "face" in another picture.

I can understand your questions because I struggled with the term somtimes also. Keep in mind, Cindy is not pathological. Her daughter is. There is a difference in narcissism between ordinary and pathological.

Casey controlled Cindy in many ways. Take a look at the first call/video from jail. you will observe Cindy turning to mush and backing down. I suggest the dynamics in that home were a roller coaster ride with these two women switching it up. I will also go as far to say that kc controlled the whole house. She could play many roles. Kc controlled Cindy and she was starting to lose some of her control when Caylee was born.

As far as Cindy questioning kc, I didn't see much questioning going on of any significance. She led her with questions and guided her to get the answers she wanted to hear. She cajoled her with, 'It's ok sweetheart".
There was not ONE hard question asked, but lots of support.

Do you think because Cindy was telling her not to worry about any harm coming to the parents was necessary? All that did was tell everyone how big and strong 'WE" Anthonys are....self-serving, IMO. Where are the tough questions? Through any of the videos between Cindy and Casey, nothing is accomplished. It goes nowhere, it turns out to some mutual lovefeast for the two of them.

IMO, Cindy puts on her "motherly" persona when she is on the air. It helps her image, she thinks.

Yes, control-freaks are born out of nervousness and anxiety, that I agree and your observatin is correct of her anxiety, however, I didn't see it that day on the video.
I will keep my mind open with Cindy and narcissism but I will not give up that she is histrionic and has emotional issues.

I totally disagree with the "lovefeast" comment. In spite of the defensive front they put up for the cameras, I believe Cindy (and George) actually fear Casey. I think they have learned the hard way what to say and how to say it to keep her psychologically in check. They don't trust her, but they want her to think they do. It's often a coping mechanism for self-preservation in a captive or otherwise helpless situation. Dealing with someone as manipulative and diabolical as Casey, it isn't so far fetched imo.

I agree Casey is controlling and manipulative of her mother...I think this is her MO with everyone for that matter, and it was never more clearly evident than in the video released yesterday.

As far as as histrionics...after seeing Casey's meltdown, yes, histrionics suits Casey to a T imo. Cindy, not so much. In that video as in others...Cindy's emotion and pain is genuine and appropriate, and clearly out of distress for Caylee, for the entire situation. No histrionics, as I understand the definition.
Casey, on the other hand, is distressed only for HERSELF. In Casey's mind it IS all about her. When her parents all but ignored Casey's
smille and chipper "good morning!" greeting and proceeded to ask more questions and talk about Caylee, it clearly infuriated her. It was downright scary to watch and Cindy was clearly the intended target. She punishes them for loving Caylee. Her own flesh and blood, thier grandchild. I don't believe that comes from a lack of anything except humanity.

Only someone who is completely void of humanity could do what she has done to people. jmo

I saw in the August 14 video, Cindy manipulating emotions to make Casey see how the situation was affecting HER, in an attempt to get Casey to relieve CINDY'S distress. "we're all sick"........well, little miss thang had a response to that "I'm getting sick, too." Neither parent commented about it. They all ignore what's going on for the other. "We're sick." Nothing. "I'm sick." Nothing. Everyone wants their own needs met.

It was eerie to me to see that moments before this calm cool collected George sat down in front of his "sweetheart" he was screaming and swearing at the media outside the jail. They were asking questions about Caylee. They said they had heard that Caylee was dead. George started screaming when pushed to answer questions about that. Casey starts screaming when pushed to answer questions about Caylee.

At the same time, there's a defiant Cindy insisting that just the night before she'd gotten a tip from a woman who was too scared to come forward before then because of all the negative media coverage and that they better friggin get their facts straight, only to enter the jail and become this weepy emotional wreck of a person.

Here's a tree.......there's the apple.

I saw in the August 14 video, Cindy manipulating emotions to make Casey see how the situation was affecting HER, in an attempt to get Casey to relieve CINDY'S distress. "we're all sick"........well, little miss thang had a response to that "I'm getting sick, too." Neither parent commented about it. They all ignore what's going on for the other. "We're sick." Nothing. "I'm sick." Nothing. Everyone wants their own needs met.

It was eerie to me to see that moments before this calm cool collected George sat down in front of his "sweetheart" he was screaming and swearing at the media outside the jail. They were asking questions about Caylee. They said they had heard that Caylee was dead. George started screaming when pushed to answer questions about that. Casey starts screaming when pushed to answer questions about Caylee.

At the same time, there's a defiant Cindy insisting that just the night before she'd gotten a tip from a woman who was too scared to come forward before then because of all the negative media coverage and that they better friggin get their facts straight, only to enter the jail and become this weepy emotional wreck of a person.

I wonder how far back this dysfunction goes. Did CA or GA grow up in a messed up environment too and they are just passing it along. So very sad. I truly have reached the point where I feel pity for the whole family. Including the great-grandparents.

When you see it up close and personal - you never forget and instantly recognize it in others.

ITA.

I was raised by a mentally ill parent and I'm hypersensitive to both the symptoms as well as the reactions from others. When I watch those jailhouse visits I see myself in Cindy. When she asks KC to look at her eyes while talking and says, "You know I need you to do that, honey." And notice that KC bursts into tears when her mother asks her to do that.

This is a mother who knows her daughter's illness. When she asks KC, "Are we gonna see her again ya think, Case?" And KC says, "I hope to God that we do." CA pleads with KC in a hopeless tone of voice, "Casey." Because she knows her daughter isn't being honest. In her tone of voice I hear myself pleading with my mentally ill person to open up and tell me what's going on in their head. Watch the video and imagine yourself as CA, knowing your daughter is lying and just wishing she could tell the truth.

Casey doesn't get along with her mother and fights with her often because her mother is the one person who will call her on the lies and deceptions. She's always challenged her, encouraged her to try therapy, possibly tried to get her help. But if the ill person doesn't want to be helped, if the ill person doesn't believe there's anything wrong with them, anyone who keeps telling them they need help goes on the $hit list.

And I think this is why CA has protected KC the way she has. She knows KC is a psychopath or whatever her diagnosis might be. She protects her because she knows KC can't help the way she is. I won't be one bit surprised if the defense tries to pull an insanity plea.

ITA.

I was raised by a mentally ill parent and I'm hypersensitive to both the symptoms as well as the reactions from others. When I watch those jailhouse visits I see myself in Cindy. When she asks KC to look at her eyes while talking and says, "You know I need you to do that, honey." And notice that KC bursts into tears when her mother asks her to do that.

This is a mother who knows her daughter's illness. When she asks KC, "Are we gonna see her again ya think, Case?" And KC says, "I hope to God that we do." CA pleads with KC in a hopeless tone of voice, "Casey." Because she knows her daughter isn't being honest. In her tone of voice I hear myself pleading with my mentally ill person to open up and tell me what's going on in their head. Watch the video and imagine yourself as CA, knowing your daughter is lying and just wishing she could tell the truth.

Casey doesn't get along with her mother and fights with her often because her mother is the one person who will call her on the lies and deceptions. She's always challenged her, encouraged her to try therapy, possibly tried to get her help. But if the ill person doesn't want to be helped, if the ill person doesn't believe there's anything wrong with them, anyone who keeps telling them they need help goes on the $hit list.

And I think this is why CA has protected KC the way she has. She knows KC is a psychopath or whatever her diagnosis might be. She protects her because she knows KC can't help the way she is. I won't be one bit surprised if the defense tries to pull an insanity plea.
It's their only hope.

I don't think this is necessarily what's going on here. Cindy knows Casey only thinks about herself. She is merely trying to force Casey to think about someone besides herself for a moment. She's trying so hard to help Casey see how her behavior affects the people around her. C & G don't comment about Casey's self-centered remark because they know IT'S NO USE. You can't make an irrational person think rationally.

if the ill person doesn't believe there's anything wrong with them, anyone who keeps telling them they need help goes on the $hit list.

You got it. My experience with a pathological liar ex boyfriend (who ruined my life and his wife's and his bio children's lives with his lies) is they will never ever ever admit they need help or go for help. Neither borderline paranoid personality disorder, which is what my father has. With him, everyone else is wrong and in need of help.

It's amazing I'm just fine and so many people need help out there to see how they need help. We should help them.:)

yup!!

I don't think this is necessarily what's going on here. Cindy knows Casey only thinks about herself. She is merely trying to force Casey to think about someone besides herself for a moment. She's trying so hard to help Casey see how her behavior affects the people around her. C & G don't comment about Casey's self-centered remark because they know IT'S NO USE. You can't make an irrational person think rationally.
Yes, IMO they know that Casey is just claiming she's getting sick to get sympathy and turn her parents' attention away from asking questions. They don't take the bait but are still on pins and needles trying to get information without making her so mad that she hangs up. That's what I see anyway. But there is something weird about GA. CA is more obvious in her mood swings and on-camera demands to the public but some people seem to excuse GA and let him off the hook for the dysfunction in the family. IMO he's right in the thick of things. I can't figure out what his game is but something is there IMO.

if the ill person doesn't believe there's anything wrong with them, anyone who keeps telling them they need help goes on the $hit list.

You got it. My experience with a pathological liar ex boyfriend (who ruined my life and his wife's and his bio children's lives with his lies) is they will never ever ever admit they need help or go for help. Neither borderline paranoid personality disorder, which is what my father has. With him, everyone else is wrong and in need of help.

It's amazing I'm just fine and so many people need help out there to see how they need help. We should help them.:)

My mentally ill parent has a paranoia disorder, too. Everyone is a suspect. Everyone is out to get them. No one is to be trusted, even your own spouse, children, friends. It's harder for the family than it is for the patient. When I talked to a therapist about it and asked her how to help my parent get well, the therapist said, "You can't. The best thing you can do is get therapy for yourself to help you learn how to cope with a mentally ill loved one." It took 30+ years but I've learned to hate the disease, not the person.

My sister and I also thank our lucky stars we didn't inherit it.

All of this is why GA and especially CA don't push KC too hard for information. They know that if they get angry with her, KC will shut them out completely and not talk to them at all. In fact, that may just be what happened after the August jail visit we are all watching now.

Btw, KC's behavior fits with schizophrenia and/or bipolar. Sexual promiscuity, extravagant spending habits, delusions (i.e. believing her own lies), distrust of authority and those who are genuinely trying to help, the list goes on...can't hold down a job for long, can't keep friends, failed relationships...

Yes, IMO they know that Casey is just claiming she's getting sick to get sympathy and turn her parents' attention away from asking questions. They don't take the bait but are still on pins and needles trying to get information without making her so mad that she hangs up. That's what I see anyway. But there is something weird about GA. CA is more obvious in her mood swings and on-camera demands to the public but some people seem to excuse GA and let him off the hook for the dysfunction in the family. IMO he's right in the thick of things. I can't figure out what his game is but something is there IMO.

KC inherited her disorder from GA. He gets off the hook because he can't help the way he is, either. Read the emails between CA, her mother and brother. CA's mother or brother (I can't remember now) says something to the effect of, "Cindy always said there was a sickness in George's family. George has it. Casey has it, too." Bipolar and schizophrenia are hereditary and I do believe George and Casey have one or the other of those disorders.

eta: Maybe George is medicated. The meds used to control the mood swings involved in psychoaffective disorders generally make the patient very "even." He may be taking Lithium or some other drug that keeps him in check.

KC inherited her disorder from GA. He gets off the hook because he can't help the way he is, either. Read the emails between CA, her mother and brother. CA's mother or brother (I can't remember now) says something to the effect of, "Cindy always said there was a sickness in George's family. George has it. Casey has it, too." Bipolar and schizophrenia are hereditary and I do believe George and Casey have one or the other of those disorders.

eta: Maybe George is medicated. The meds used to control the mood swings involved in psychoaffective disorders generally make the patient very "even." He may be taking Lithium or some other drug that keeps him in check.

That is a very interesting theory. I think I need to go back and read those documents again. It's gone on so long now that I feel I need a refresher course! :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member