Casey Speak ~ Casey Talk ~ Casey Code

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The detective said: I've reached out...

That is the first time I hear the variation of the word: reach. Only after that does she use it:

I've been reaching out...

Is she using this form of the word reach to try and mirror the detective so that he is more favorable to her?

And then Cindy and Lee picked up the phrase as well.

Just got this http://www.momlogic.com/2009/01/casey_anthony_lee_anthony_priv_1.php
padilla.........KC/LA code talk and finding CAYLEE........I agree KC gave allot of clues......

Okay, like I've felt (IMO of course) all along! These two are talking in CODE and Casey is telling Lee, WHERE to look. It makes me ill thinking that this could be coded messages all along, but....myself and sooooo many others have read and heard the same thing.

With Lee coming up on possible "charges" as said; it just doesn't make me feel any easier than the day it was announced that Casey did NOT report Caylee missing until 31 days later!

(Hope I didn't need links to anything I said. Just replying)

"I have perspective ideas of maybe where she could go." Is this a Freudian slip, meaning: You are getting this from my perspective, or, is it simply a grammatical error?

Probably meant "prospective" ?

I love the idea of code talk as well as the next guy, but really don't you think she could have just told LA where to find Caylee during the 45 minutes to an hour that they were together before LE arrived? I mean for her to be code-talking about the location of the body, he would have to know that she is talking about a body and not a live Caylee. Otherwise, "places familiar to all of us" could have been the McDonald's or the Mall.

Personally, I think LP's "daisy chain" is over the top. It would have been easier and a lot less incriminating to just call in a detailed tip, as in "Caylee's body is behind 'Mr. Soandso's' fence, about 15 feet from the edge of Surburban Rd., between the fence and the light pole." Umm, someone would go look.

And she wasn't in the "Zone" - at least not from Kiomarie's verbal description or the place she showed LE. And, although there was another spot, across the road from the Zone, where the older teens "did mommy and daddy things", no one has stated that the dump site was located there either. Until I hear Kiomarie say that this was the "hang-out" area for either group of kids, I am going to think it was for neither. I believe that this particular train of thought is the result of a lot of information but is really nothing but speculation at this point. Therefore, I find it very difficult to jump from "places we are familiar with" to this particular spot in the swamp. So I won't.

What I do find interesting is KC saying "she's close" and then GA repeating it himself in a later jail conversation when he visited KC alone. I don't want to start anything but was KC asking and GA answering here?

I don't think she told LA about the body on the first night because she thought LE and everyone else was going to believe the nanny story and let her go.

It's only after the nanny story doesn't work that she realizes (probably with the help of her lawyer) that the body needs to be found.

Edited to make sure I am on topic, I think the Casey-speak in that video is intended to make sure LA goes to the places KC talked to her mom about during the last "out on bond" time. That says to me that CA knew too. Wish we had THAT video.

Originally Posted by concentric
So we know that she picks up on words the investigators use, as in: "reach out" and "on the money."

Is she clever enough to use "like wording" or mirroring as employment coaches tell you to do in a job interview to gain rapport with the interviewer?

Or, is she picking up the wording from the interviewer and using it because she has a very small vocabulary?

I agree with Concentric and Evergreen; I think KC instinctively mimics whoever she's talking to and it wouldn't surprise me if she also mirrors body language. I volunteer-tutor adjudicated teens and the ones who are master manipulators have this rapport-building/mimicking down to an art. They might not be able to multiply by 7's but they sure can charm you into doing it for them :cow:

I read your post yesterday Yardie, and having had once again too much coco-cola (I should know better) I couldn't sleep. So laying in bed last night, I was able to put my finger on why this sounded right on target.

Back in the 1980's, when I attended college I took a class called "Interpersonal communications". In this class the mimicry you pointed out was called parroting. I don't think that KC has learned this style of communication but rather she has picked up on it and may be using it without being aware of it. She also doesn't use it as it is intended, which is to help build a rapport with the other person you are interacting with.

I am going to go back to the interview where I counted her use of different words and see where she parrots.

Disclaimer: :D I don't think that KC's speech patterns and communication skills have anything to do with the death of Caylee. I just think it's interesting as to who she is inside her head, because it is my belief that language and our use of it helps define us.

I read your post yesterday Yardie, and having had once again too much coco-cola (I should know better) I couldn't sleep. So laying in bed last night, I was able to put my finger on why this sounded right on target.

Back in the 1980's, when I attended college I took a class called "Interpersonal communications". In this class the mimicry you pointed out was called parroting. I don't think that KC has learned this style of communication but rather she has picked up on it and may be using it without being aware of it. She also doesn't use it as it is intended, which is to help build a rapport with the other person you are interacting with.

I am going to go back to the interview where I counted her use of different words and see where she parrots.

IMO Her manner of speaking, picking up others words and phrases, firms up what Jesse has already said about her. She "turns into" whoever she is around.. which is very common for a person with the type of personality disorder that I believe Casey has. They do not have their own personality so they take bits from whoever is in their life at the moment. She does not even see herself as a seperate person from her mother and more or less says so herself when speaking with Cindy while in jail. I can't remember her exact wording but it was something like "We are more or less the same person".

These mimicing behaviors are formed at a young age and become part of who they are. By the time they become adults it's often second nature so the disordered person is likely unaware of what they are doing.

MO

IMO Her manner of speaking, picking up others words and phrases, firms up what Jesse has already said about her. She "turns into" whoever she is around.. which is very common for a person with the type of personality disorder that I believe Casey has. They do not have their own personality so they take bits from whoever is in their life at the moment. She does not even see herself as a seperate person from her mother and more or less says so herself when speaking with Cindy while in jail. I can't remember her exact wording but it was something like "We are more or less the same person".
These mimicing behaviors are formed at a young age and become part of who they are. By the time they become adults it's often second nature so the disordered person is likely unaware of what they are doing.

MO

I noticed also, that the A's themselves parrot each other. I don't know who picked what phrase up first or which word caught who's attention but in just the short amount of time (Jail house calls, and visits) we can hear them using the same phrases over and over. Interesting to me.

I don't think she told LA about the body on the first night because she thought LE and everyone else was going to believe the nanny story and let her go.

It's only after the nanny story doesn't work that she realizes (probably with the help of her lawyer) that the body needs to be found.

Edited to make sure I am on topic, I think the Casey-speak in that video is intended to make sure LA goes to the places KC talked to her mom about during the last "out on bond" time. That says to me that CA knew too. Wish we had THAT video.

The video with Lee and Casey took place before she was let out on bond the first time.

Casey tells Tony that if they DON'T find her, someone will be spending the rest of her life in jail. So, she wants them to find her, so she puts in her close to home, in an obvious place familiar to the A's, but for the flood, she should have been found.

Then JB gives her the heads up that no body = better chance of acquittal and she shuts her piehole. Is she that dumb?

Ex-sh-tremely.

She also uses "even" a lot, as if she's trying to convince people that what she says is backed up.

"I even said..."
"Lee even said..."
"Jose even said..."
"You can even ask my mom..."

So true, the one that really gets me is "you can even ask my mom". Sounds immature for a 21 year old, and more like what a teen would say.

Casey tells Tony that if they DON'T find her, someone will be spending the rest of her life in jail. So, she wants them to find her, so she puts in her close to home, in an obvious place familiar to the A's, but for the flood, she should have been found.

Then JB gives her the heads up that no body = better chance of acquittal and she shuts her piehole. Is she that dumb?

You have summed it up perfectly...

Disclaimer: :D I don't think that KC's speech patterns and communication skills have anything to do with the death of Caylee. I just think it's interesting as to who she is inside her head, because it is my belief that language and our use of it helps define us.

I think it helps to reaffirm that she is a sociopath. During her taped interview with the detectives at Universal she says she knows she should have called LE. She knows that now, hindsight, blah, blah, blah. She is only saying what she thinks they want to hear.Yet, she leads her family to believe she couldn't for some unknown fear that she will not reveal. Did the same thing with LE when they originally gave her an out by saying accidents happen and sometimes parents can be hard on you, pressure, etc. Again, when she is caught lying she says to LE that her mother will never forgive her. All bull.

i think she needs to REACH OUT and ABSOLUTLEY get used to being in prison
for long time........

:crazy:

Probably meant "prospective" ?

I know "prospective" would have been the correct word within the context of the sentence, and I said it could be a grammatical error; however, according to what we are studying here, I wondered if the use of the word "perspective" was a Freudian slip. Does it indicate lying, as in: I'm only telling you what I want you to hear (from my point of view, perspective).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip

<<What I do find interesting is KC saying "she's close" and then GA repeating it himself in a later jail conversation when he visited KC alone>>

What I also find interesting about when GA visited Casey alone is when GA tells Casey "I can still feel her" and Casey really starts to cry.

<<When you quote my posts, can you include my name please? Thanks.>>

Concentric: Sure thing. I'm not sure how to copy the post I want to comment on, or I'd do it that way. I know, I'm a big dummy.

I know "prospective" would have been the correct word within the context of the sentence, and I said it could be a grammatical error; however, according to what we are studying here, I wondered if the use of the word "perspective" was a Freudian Slip. Does it indicates lying, as in: I'm only telling you what I want you to hear (from my point of view, perspective).

I think she just messed up "prospective," not so much a Freudian slip but because she's trying to sound "good" and is also trying to hedge her bets and just kind of say something, anything, that is not too specific but makes her sound like an innocent victim.

I.e., she can't say, "The nanny definitely goes to X Bar, so I went there looking for her," because there is no nanny and the police might go there and find out that Zani never comes and no regulars there have ever heard of her. So she tries to say "prospective" as in I think she might go there but can't count on it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indiana_intrigue
Back