Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been scouring the Laurel Burch notebooks/journals and they are oh-so-close, but not the same. I'm thinking it is a knockoff? The photo insert on KC's is not lined up properly. In other words, in a higher end (ie, more expensive) journal, I would think (hope) that they would do a better job of making the photo sleeve match up with the background graphics. Does that make any sense at all?

Attachments

• diarycover.jpg
    diarycover.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 80
I've been scouring the Laurel Burch notebooks/journals and they are oh-so-close, but not the same. I'm thinking it is a knockoff? The photo insert on KC's is not lined up properly. In other words, in a higher end (ie, more expensive) journal, I would think (hope) that they would do a better job of making the photo sleeve match up with the background graphics. Does that make any sense at all?

Yes, makes sense but could also be an enlargement of part of the main graphic?? I looked through the Laurel Burch journals, too...very similar. Could be a dollar store knock-off or part of a stationery set. I googled "cat watermark"...no luck there either. I'm shopping tomorrow and will check any stores that carry journals. This is driving me crazy:banghead:

Yes, makes sense but could also be an enlargement of part of the main graphic?? I looked through the Laurel Burch journals, too...very similar. Could be a dollar store knock-off or part of a stationery set. I googled "cat watermark"...no luck there either. I'm shopping tomorrow and will check any stores that carry journals. This is driving me crazy:banghead:

I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessing about this! I've looked online for so long that I'm going to have nightmares about those Laurel Burch cats. It will be like that creepy Winnie the Pooh song "Heffalumps and Woozles" that goes:

They're black, they're brown
they're up, they're down
they're in, they're out
they're all about
they're far, they're near
they're gone, they're here
they're quick and slick
they're insincere

I'm going to wake up screaming about blue cats and the neighbors will think I've lost my mind!

I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessing about this! I've looked online for so long that I'm going to have nightmares about those Laurel Burch cats. It will be like that creepy Winnie the Pooh song "Heffalumps and Woozles" that goes:

They're black, they're brown
they're up, they're down
they're in, they're out
they're all about
they're far, they're near
they're gone, they're here
they're quick and slick
they're insincere

I'm going to wake up screaming about blue cats and the neighbors will think I've lost my mind!

You know, the more I look at the LB items the more I think KC's journal isn't one of them. The LB cats have rounded faces and more feline eyes and they're usually facing forward. I think KC's is more modern art than folksy craft art like Laurel Burch.

Giving up for now...time to watch NG and get annoyed :crazy:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,,unless they can date the ink or determine that the notebook was not sold until after '03 we have ourselves another picadillo here........
I have found that diary entries can often read like the horoscope, applicable if you make them. I assume they will compare the entries before and after to see if they are relevant to current times or happenings in '03.

From what I've heard LE can do a chemical analysts on the ink to see if the 03' & the June 21st entry were written with the same pen.

Also, "Document Dating" is a science in itself & they can come pretty close to determining the age of the ink.

I don't know if they will be able to pin point the "Month" it was written but I think they can come close to the year.

If the Ink is determined to be fairly fresh & less than 20 Months old then you can reasonable assume that the diary entry date of June 21st was in fact written on June 21st 08'

BOLDED BY BOSTON

From what I've heard LE can do a chemical analysts on the ink to see if the 03' & the June 21st entry were written with the same pen.

Also, "Document Dating" is a science in itself & they can come pretty close to determining the age of the ink.

I don't know if they will be able to pin point the "Month" it was written but I think they can come close to the year.

If the Ink is determined to be fairly fresh & less than 20 Months old then you can reasonable assume that the diary entry date of June 21st was in fact written on June 21st 08'

BOLDED BY BOSTON

I have heard of this also. It is amazing what they can do nowadays. Sometimes I wonder how *anyone* can get away with a crime. It seems like if the funding is there (big IF), you could catch almost anyone through forensics and science.

I have heard of this also. It is amazing what they can do nowadays. Sometimes I wonder how *anyone* can get away with a crime. It seems like if the funding is there (big IF), you could catch almost anyone through forensics and science.
Yes but.....

Can not find where they took the diary as evidence.

They detailed a lot of similar stuff, so one assumes that Spindy still has the book?

Snipped for space, bold is mine to reply.

I was looking at the image of the diary pages on wftv.com and blew it up for comparison. At 200%, scroll down- to the left of the word "June" on the second page...a bit of red ink is apparant along the frayed edge. Is this bit of ink from a page or pages that have been torn out? The ink could be there randomly, but to me it looks like there was at least one other page that was written on and torn out.

Here is the link where it can be viewed:

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740990/detail.html

When people write, they usually come no where near the inside crease/edge of a journal or diary. This does not make sense to me. It also does not look like any pages were torn out. Looks like glue binding to me.

Of course this blows it out of the water if this was not premeditated and instead a RAGE Attack

:) sorrry but all sides should be considered

Also I have Things from 03 that are in pristine condition

I kinda get the feeling you are a very different type of person than Casey Anthony. Perhaps you can hang onto things for 3 years, she is obviously not able to do so.

I think it was a premeditated rage killing. Meaning she planned to kill the baby way ahead of time but the method, day/time may not have been firmed up until the act occurred, while in the throes of a rage. Legally this is premeditation (from what the legals here have said) but as a layperson I'll stick to my funky terminology. :)

I agree!

When people write, they usually come no where near the inside crease/edge of a journal or diary. This does not make sense to me. It also does not look like any pages were torn out. Looks like glue binding to me.

Glue binding?
2u6cyki.jpg

25fj8e9.jpg

here's another angle.
2vbvuid.jpg

:twocents:

If she wrote it in '03, she was a teenager and we must remember a girl. Most teenage girls, myself included when I was one, want to write "perfect" in their new journals and if they screw up, they start over. Meaning, if you need to scratch something out or rewrite something, you just tear out a page and start new. I did plenty of times, being an immature teenage girl. Maybe this is what she did??

I agree not usually, but in this case, the word "June" is written kitty-corner at the top left of the journal...and the "J" is actually started quite close to the crease. With that in mind, it makes sense to me that she may very well have written in this kitty-corner style on previous (torn out) pages, possibly close enough that the cross of the "J" or whatever letter met with the crease.

As far as torn out pages vs. glue along that crease, I can't really tell from this digital photo no matter how much I blow it up. But I can definitely see there is red ink on the crease that matches the red ink Casey wrote with. Question is, why is it there...

EgoSlayer, thank you for posting that. I also magnified the page in Paint and was about to post it here but then I saw yours. Your post clearly indicates many pages were torn out.

I wish we knew how many more pages were in the book! If there were only 10 pages, then it would be a given that some were torn out. If there were 25 - 30 pages, it would be more difficult, for me, to say whether some had been torn out or not. I am still up in the air about whether the spine shows ripped pages or just rough edges from where the glue stuck.

I was just googling and came across this......

Cynthia Anthony says Casey has always been a writer and recently the family has been going through her journals, hunting for clues. She said a certain amount of jealousy over Caylee crept into her relationship with her own daughter.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16940013/detail.html

Glue binding?
2u6cyki.jpg

25fj8e9.jpg

here's another angle.
2vbvuid.jpg

:twocents:

To me it looks like pages have been torn out of the book. It almost look like a dozen of pages were ripped out at the same time. You know when you rip out a single page at a time, it looks different than if you ripped out multiple pages at the same time.

Was the journal p/u'd on 12 Dec?...can't imagine Cindy not getting into it before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay