Casey's Tiffany Ring & Bracelet...Where are They?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me please, who was supposed to have given ICA the Tiffany ring?

She probably hocked it long ago

Supposedly Jeff Hopkins (who doesn't exist). Ironically I decided to torture myself by rewatching the jail videos. The very first day CA asks ICA where it was and ICA says I don't know I haven't seen it in a long time.:waitasec: And CA says "who gave that to you? I forget (yeah right) and she says Jeff.

It could be, couldn't it, that Cindy was concerned that if Casey lost the ring, it might be found in some incriminating place. . . Like, with Caylee?

Yes!!! THIS is what I have always believed! Caylee is missing. So WHY is a missing ring so important???
JMO

I think she either stole it or it was some stupid code they came up with for casey to direct the Anthonys to go certain routes in their "investigations" while casey was "protecting the family".

Yes!!! THIS is what I have always believed! Caylee is missing. So WHY is a missing ring so important???
JMO

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if the SA has that ring. I've hoped for latent prints and I still hope for them but this ring would be a slam dunk in my opinion. I really believe the SA has an Ace in the hole, maybe it's the ring.

i doubt she would've pawned it..
i own the same ring.. and also the necklace and bracelet in that set (return to tiffany's)
sure, tiffany's jewelry is expensive.. and imo, worth every penny because it's so well made.. but in reality, it's .925 silver... and a pawn shop is gonna pay scrap prices for it because they have such a hard time re-selling jewelry. it doesn't matter if it's tiffany's silver or kmart silver, she's lucky if she would have gotten $5 for it.

i'm thinking the only reason it came up was so CA could "prove" to herself that jeff h did exist.. he had to! he gave casey a ring!
i'm sure she stole it from a friend or while she was at someone's house. if CA didn't see a charge to tiffany's on her CC statement, where else could she have gotten it from? that ring (if authentic) costs almost $300... nobody else came forward and said they gave it to her.

i doubt she would've pawned it..
i own the same ring.. and also the necklace and bracelet in that set (return to tiffany's)
sure, tiffany's jewelry is expensive.. and imo, worth every penny because it's so well made.. but in reality, it's .925 silver... and a pawn shop is gonna pay scrap prices for it because they have such a hard time re-selling jewelry. it doesn't matter if it's tiffany's silver or kmart silver, she's lucky if she would have gotten $5 for it.

i'm thinking the only reason it came up was so CA could "prove" to herself that jeff h did exist.. he had to! he gave casey a ring!
i'm sure she stole it from a friend or while she was at someone's house. if CA didn't see a charge to tiffany's on her CC statement, where else could she have gotten it from? that ring (if authentic) costs almost $300... nobody else came forward and said they gave it to her.

What does the ring look like BlondGurrl? I was thinking more like ebay "hocking", where buyers may appreciate the Tiffany name. I know Lee had an ebay acct, b/c he bought some things for the pool on ebay, but no idea if ICA had one.

Is it still available:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Cat...ewPaged-c+287466-s+5-r+-t+-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+

I don't know if ICA had the necklace, but she had the bracelet. There is a picture floating around somewhere of her wearing both.

Video 2 jail visit 25th July
CA: k, [looking confused]
KC : Things from his parents, that I can, eh [shrugs shoulders] .....pause......
CA: I have a question
KC: I can honestly say I appreciate it. Yes?
CA : Your tiffany ring...
KC: Uh hum
CA: You know the little heart ring? where is it?
KC : I dont know. i havent seen it for a long time
CA: And who gave you that ring again? i forget.
KC: Jeff [pause]
CA: Ok...uhm, we cant find Jeff
See http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3140237&highlight=Tiffany+ring#post3140237 post #2 for entire transcript.

Bumping to show bracelet and ring.

ETA: Well, it doesn't show, but here's the link to the post:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4544430&postcount=2"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Casey's Tiffany Ring & Bracelet...Where are They?[/ame]

It could be, couldn't it, that Cindy was concerned that if Casey lost the ring, it might be found in some incriminating place. . . Like, with Caylee?

Respectfully Quoted ExpectingUnicorns :wave:

I had the same idea, that if Cindy was asking Casey "were it was at" that she knew where it was and wanted to see what Casey would say.

:twocents:

Quote: Originally Posted by momtective View Post
Video 2 jail visit 25th July
CA: k, [looking confused]
KC : Things from his parents, that I can, eh [shrugs shoulders] .....pause......
CA: I have a question
KC: I can honestly say I appreciate it. Yes?
CA : Your tiffany ring...
KC: Uh hum
CA: You know the little heart ring? where is it?
KC : I dont know. i havent seen it for a long time
CA: And who gave you that ring again? i forget.
KC: Jeff [pause]
CA: Ok...uhm, we cant find Jeff
See http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ng#post3140237 post #2 for entire transcript.

Copied and pasted.
-------------------------------

Could Cindy have brought up the reference to the jewelry, asking Casey where the jewelry items were as a way to bring up the subject of Jeff Hopkins? As with most questions asked during police interviews, most LEO's already know the answer to the questions and are looking to see if the person they ask will tell the truth or not.

The pictures in RM's apartment show her wearing the ring and bracelet so it wasn't gone for a long time and CA knew that if she had seen the pictures. CA admits they can't find Jeff (along with the rest). CA knows KC was not with Jeff when KC claims to have been with him in Jacksonville because she was with TL the majority of the time. I think this shows the beginning of CA thinking where is Caylee and what did you leave behind that will lead back to you. Right here CA knows KC is lying and she does not confront her. jmo

The pictures in RM's apartment show her wearing the ring and bracelet so it wasn't gone for a long time and CA knew that if she had seen the pictures. CA admits they can't find Jeff (along with the rest). CA knows KC was not with Jeff when KC claims to have been with him in Jacksonville because she was with TL the majority of the time. I think this shows the beginning of CA thinking where is Caylee and what did you leave behind that will lead back to you. Right here CA knows KC is lying and she does not confront her. jmo

Yes! I agree!

Something is up woth that ring IMO. Your granddaughter is missing, your daughter is in jail and on one of your first visits you are worrrying about where some ring is?? Come on..

I think it is right up there with CFA leading ICA to say "she" had a key to the hourse although neither says who "she'" actually is.

What does the ring look like BlondGurrl? I was thinking more like ebay "hocking", where buyers may appreciate the Tiffany name. I know Lee had an ebay acct, b/c he bought some things for the pool on ebay, but no idea if ICA had one.

Is it still available:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Cat...ewPaged-c+287466-s+5-r+-t+-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+

i bought mine from the tiffany's website.. i'm not seeing it available for sale anymore.

if her ring is real, it belongs to the "return to tiffany's" collection... which consists of a heart tag (with different chain options) stamped with "please return to tiffany & co. ny" there's a bracelet, necklace, earrings and ring.. the ring is identical to the earrings.. but with a silver band to go over your finger http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...ams=s+5-p+7-c+288196-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

from what i can see from the posted pic, her ring doesn't look authentic.. it looks shorter and fatter than what was sold at tiffany's. the one at tiffany's was really heavy... and a lot thicker than the tag used for hte necklace and bracelet or earrings... that's why it was so much more expensive. i'll get a pic of mine when my son gets home and i can get his camera.. so you can compare the 2. he has a good one with a macro setting.
fakes are easy to buy and to someone who's never owned tiffany's jewelry... they'd never be able to tell the difference. just doing a quick scan of "tiffany's silver" on ebay.. i think i've seen one or 2 authentic pieces.

oh wait, which ring are we talking about?
i'm talking about the one she's wearing at ricardo's.. playing the guitar.. does anyone have a close up of that one?

this one http://media.photobucket.com/image/... KC/shamrockspinnerringandotherring.jpg?o=803 is not tiffany's.. tiffany's inspired maybe.. i'd have to get a closer look. the open heart rings and stuff, along with bows and starfish are the most commonly copied designs.

here, i found one that's similar to the one i'm speaking of (return to tiffany) without the stamp http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+7-c+287466-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

why am i even posting about this? lol not that it matters... i guess i'm just happy there's finally something i'm an "expert" in.. since i'm clueless about the law and science.. ha!

I don't think CA was asking about the ring because she was afraid it would lead to evidence about Casey, I think she believed it would lead to evidence about Jeff. Remember, at that time ICA was still telling everyone that she couldn't reveal what she knew because she was protecting Caylee.

CA was used to seeing her wear that ring all the time, and knew it represented a gift of love from Jeff. When Jeff came up, it made CA realize that ICA was no longer wearing the ring. Since it was supposed to be a token of love, not wearing it would represent some sort of "falling out" between Jeff and Casey.

IMO Cindy was looking for some sort of sign that Jeff was involved in taking Caylee since Casey was still "protecting" her at this time.

I am withdrawing my post stating that the ring was of no significance. After watching the 48 Hours special and seeing several "suspect hand models in the footage" I no longer believe that the ring is a non-issue.

The only person I think that a serious enough relationship to give her something of that value if real would have been JG and he hasn't mentioned it.

So I think that it was either a cheap copy or ICA stole it. But if she stole with all the publicity on this case I would think someone would have come forward to the media and said they had them come up missing while hanging around her.

As to where it is now, I think she either sold it to an individual or hocked it at a pawn shop during those 31 days when was was so desperate for money that she stole from Amy.

One other wild thought as to what ICA did with them....she gave them to JB as a retainer. Meaning she had given them to him before she was booked thus making the story of her getting JB's name from someone in booking another lie.

As to CA's concern over it, she probably just wanted to know if county jail officials had taken them from her when she was booked. Due to the value that CA thought they could be worth she might have wanted to get them. (I think you can have family pick up your items from booking but not sure...anyone?)

The only person I think that a serious enough relationship to give her something of that value if real would have been JG and he hasn't mentioned it.

So I think that it was either a cheap copy or ICA stole it. But if she stole with all the publicity on this case I would think someone would have come forward to the media and said they had them come up missing while hanging around her.

As to where it is now, I think she either sold it to an individual or hocked it at a pawn shop during those 31 days when was was so desperate for money that she stole from Amy.

One other wild thought as to what ICA did with them....she gave them to JB as a retainer. Meaning she had given them to him before she was booked thus making the story of her getting JB's name from someone in booking another lie.

As to CA's concern over it, she probably just wanted to know if county jail officials had taken them from her when she was booked. Due to the value that CA thought they could be worth she might have wanted to get them. (I think you can have family pick up your items from booking but not sure...anyone?)

If I were KC's friend and believed that was my bracelet and ring, I'd be going to LE about it not the media. Maybe that is why CA asked because one of the investigators may have asked CA if she knew where KC's ring was. jmo

I am withdrawing my post stating that the ring was of no significance. After watching the 48 Hours special and seeing several "suspect hand models in the footage" I no longer believe that the ring is a non-issue.

Hi SOTS :seeya: . I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain for me? :waitasec: TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010