Caylee Anthony 2 year old #19 General Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG................this one sentence jumped out at me!!!

"Zanny Duggan was their all-time favorite babysitter. And when the Starbuck twins went along on business trips with their father, Putnam, Zanny became Zanny the Nanny, teacher as well as babysitter."

Yes, ma'm. It leaped out at me too!:eek:

I think you guys might be reading too much into a kid's book myself. How do you know that the sitter didn't come up with that name from reading the same book?

I've asked myself that sooo many times. We know that Casey and GM were together before and after LE got together with them. Grandma who didn't remember the exact date TOLD Casey the 9th and that stuck in her head (?)
Cindy also slipped up and said the 7th. Go figure.

I would think the press would be all over it if they were doing any major searches. To my knowledge...nothing has been searched.

Why has nothing been searched? Does LE need tips or leads to search somewhere? And has there ever been an Amber Alert issued for Caylee?

If they are not searching it's because they know where she is. Orlando Salinas from Fox said they would be talking to the press tomorrow. It could be just a routine update or it might be something:)

Or they finally have the results of the stain in the trunk. Hair I can understand, dirt also, but the stain in the trunk will be the key!

What about the report that this person was a "gf" of one of those people and she also watched another man's son? A guy named Jeff...wasn't it? We don't know who Jeff is and if it is the man listed in the affidavit at all.

This scenario seems unlikely, but if someone was driving the car wearing gloves, most of the steering wheel would be wiped clean of prints, indicating that someone else was driving the car. Again, the police could draw conclusions from that.

That's a good point. I'm sure LE knows a whole lot more than they are saying. They probably already know her whereabouts for those 31 days by tracking her cell phone pings. And as bludevil said, Casey isn't the brightest crayon in the box - so the truth will eventually come out. Her friends are probably cooperating - friends may lie to LE when it involves drug use, but when there is a missing 2-year old, I doubt any of her friends would lie to LE, unless they were involved in Caylee's disappearance.

There could well be someone(some boyfriend) that knows what happened, but at this point knows they would be charged with being an accessory after the fact, or at least for withholding information. The police need a witness that saw somebody do something even just a little suspicious.

Why has nothing been searched? Does LE need tips or leads to search somewhere? And has there ever been an Amber Alert issued for Caylee?
No, normally they will search such areas anyway. This is unusual, but not for OPD actually. They were very bad at organized searches for Jennifer Kesse, imo.

It did not meet their criteria for an Amber Alert.

No Amber Alert has been issued for Caylee as far as I know since I am right here in Florida.

Where are they going to search as Casey lead LE on a wild goose chase. They searched the grandparents home and checked with friends, but they have to put together some sort of timeline though records.

Right now I think they are focusing on the findings in the backyard by the dogs as well as what was in the car.

CC- I am a fan of your posts. big time, but now I know you never read mine :( waa
Kidding, my dear, but they have not checked any landfille yet. I have posted and I personally believe that is exactly where Caylee, sweet baby, is : Youngpine Rd, Orange County Landfill, via Belle Isle.
I am sorry if that is offensive to anyone, but I truly believe that and have posted it since 7-19. I hope like all of us, I am wrong.

Blink...........I remember reading your post about the land fill at Belle Isle, and it does make sense. But, I hope Caylee isn't in a land fill - it's too difficult for remains to be found. Look at the Lori Hacking case.

No, normally they will search such areas anyway. This is unusual, but not for OPD actually. They were very bad at organized searches for Jennifer Kesse, imo.

It did not meet their criteria for an Amber Alert.

I'm sorry, I may be having a blonde moment, so excuse me if that's the case. But, how does a MISSING child not meet Amber Alert criteria? :confused:
Is it because it had been so long since she went missing?
Nothing about this case makes any sense. :mad:

I think you guys might be reading too much into a kid's book myself. How do you know that the sitter didn't come up with that name from reading the same book?
I said it was a "long shot" but a lot of times books we have read or had someone read to us as a child stay in our brains for years.

For instance, my favorite book as a child was Thomas, the choo-choo train. The one line "I think I can, I think I can" has stayed with me all these years. If I would have moments in school or work where I thought "I can't do this" that little saying would come back to me and encourage me.

I bet a lot of folks can still remember characters and lines from their favorite childhood books.

Yeah, I am thinking though, if there was a way her story was right, the person she knows as zanny may be using a fake name.

Yes, but that doesn't expain that Casey said she worked with ZFG at Universal Studios, and knew her for 4 years. Even if it is a fake name, there was no ZFG employed there. She would have been employed there, presumably under that fake name, if Casey were telling the truth, I think.

Just my opinion:)

Blood is gotten quick the extraction and matching takes time. Thousand of cases a day come in. They are Matching dirt from the yard against what was found in the car as well.

oh my god, i was censored in my last post! lol, my apologies.

great find on nanny the zanny! and that could also be on the "easy but ridiculous lies that casey created out of thin air" list. also on the nanny: according to casey, she had been nannying (new word, use it today) for one and a half to two years, but casey had been friends with her for 4 years before that. casey has known zanny the nanny since she was about 16. yet, in those wonderful six years, no one, not her family, not any friend, no one met her?? her parents never wondered, wow that nanny sure works overtime (like 140 hours/week). or maybe we should buy the nanny a christmas present. or, hey casey we have been trashed for four nights in a row, the nanny STILL has caylee? okay, so even if i buy that ignorance is bliss and no one asked any questions...

then, curiously, casey uses the excuse that zanny likes to go out, she is always at bars, so that's why casey was going out - to do her own research, to save caylee from "friend of 6 years zanny the nanny who i trusted caylee with every single day" turned "evil kidnapper for no apparent reason satan worshipper who now is targeting our family so i must remain silent or we all will be threatened." yes of course, casey, comic book super hero. and great protector of the welfare of children.

so in allllll the going out that casey does and in allll this mad drinking zanny the nanny is doing, frequenting the same clubs and such, no one has still ever met zanny??? even before she became the evil kidnapper? the person who you were friends with since you were 16 and now entrust with your toddler???? THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

I said it was a "long shot" but a lot of times books we have read or had someone read to us as a child stay in our brains for years.

For instance, my favorite book as a child was Thomas, the choo-choo train. The one line "I think I can, I think I can" has stayed with me all these years. If I would have moments in school or work where I thought "I can't do this" that little saying would come back to me and encourage me.

I bet a lot of folks can still remember characters and lines from their favorite childhood books.

Run spot run,

I'm open to it, but using limited latitude here for obvious reasons, did he say he heard Caylee voice or Casey tell Caylee to get off the table?

I'd love more info about that call. From what I've heard, he heard both Caylee in the background, and Casey telling her to get off of a table.

- There's an eight day gap between the last confirmed sighting of Caylee, and this call. IIRC, this call is the only evidence of Caylee's presence that's popped up.

- I'm reaching here, but: Jesse seems to care for Caylee, and most children love phones at that age. It seems like there should have been a quick passing of the phone for a "hello", especially if they hadn't seen each other in a while. Again, I admit I'm reaching.

- If he heard Caylee in the background... could it have been a video? Assuming Casey was using a cell, clarity and quality of sound may not have been that great, and if Caylee sounded weird, it'd have been easy to shrug off. If somebody had upload vids of Caylee somewhere, and Casey had access to a computer, she could have been watching them when the call was made, or turned them on shortly after.

I don't know. I just don't like this call. It doesn't fit given the 8 day gap. There should be "She and her mother came into Bob's House of Burgers on the 21st", or "Yeah, they stopped by here to do laundry on Wednesday", or whatever.

Can someone please correct these things about Zanny Gonzales for me - I don't know if I have it all right in my mind.

Caysee gave them the exaxt name and location of this Zanny - apt.# too? - or just apt. complex location?

Police go there and it is an assisted living fac.? or a real apt. complex? No one by that name lives in the complex but someone with that exact name has recently viewed an apt. there?

LE does locate a Zanny living in the sawgrass apt.'s? or nearby? who says she does not babysit or know Caysee or Caylee?

Coincidentally another Zanny with the same spelling who lived in Orlando had her office robbed during the month or so prior?

I'm so confused. Thanks in advance.

i agree with both of you. and with this too:

For the record, I don't think it is suspicious at all that the grandmother might have mixed the dates up. I can easily see that happening.

What I find suspicious is the "31 days" that Casey claimed, then when talking to police a few hours later on July 15th told police June 9th. That's more like 37 days...six days off. I find it odd that Casey wouldn't know that. She stated 31 days like she was sure of it, in the 911 call. It's not like she took a minute to think about it.

but why june 9th? i think "31 days" could be the sort of magical brilliance casey would just come up with. like, hmm, think casey, think, umm 1 month!! and she says it with such conviction and confidence. but then her math sucks, as per the comments above. this is similar to when she told kristina, "ohh look, okay, she (nanny) is not just from florida! i told them to check the ny and nc databases. i gave them their lead. (newsflash: this is your lead too. you are in jail and your daughter was "stolen.") or, how about another mensa moment: the original address of the nanny, which happened to be a senior living facility, also happened to be directly across from one of her friend's houses (ricardo maybe?).

her story is one big cluster****. but why june 9?? i feel like im missing something...

The GMA said that that the reason she recalled the date of June 8 (last time seeing Caylee) and June 9 (hearing Casey and Caylee through the bedroom door) was because June 8 was GMA's last day of vacation. She left for work on the morning of the 9th.

The police were the ones who pointed out to GMA (on the night before the bond hearing) that the video of Caylee was actually shot on June 15, Father's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss