Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering that myself. Even if LE thinks that Caylee is no longer alive, surely they would want to locate her body. Are there secret searches going on? Or, do they think that Casey will eventually break and tell them exactly where to find Caylee?

FWIW, I say yes and yes.

According to Detective Carlos Padilla it was

I still don't know. He never actually confirms it. He said that George informed the media. Read it again.

"We in the Orange County Sheriff's Office endeavor to provide pertinent information in a timely and accurate manner. Due to the "emotional" circumstances surrounding this case, the media coverage (as you may well know) has been 24-7.

We have appreciated the media's coverage of the missing child Caylee Anthony. As I have stated numerous times, our goal is to locate Caylee. That being said, I can assure you that at the time of the conference, I was not aware of what was removed from the house. It is my understanding that George Anthony informed the media that gas cans had been removed from the residence.

I understand the importance of the case and the medias involvement. Although, our working relationship with the media is positive, we must be prudent in the release of information that may affect the integrity of the case. As stated bfore, our desire is to locate little Caylee.

I appreciate your concerns that have made me aware that certain news outlets are stating that I have "confirmed" certain information. The information released from the Orange County Sheriff's Public Information Office is released equally to all media outlets. We will continue to provide information that is correct and pertinent .

If you should have any other concerns, please feel free to call me at (321) 558-9147"

I may be being overly picky but I don't see where he confirmed anything.

What I'm about to type here probably won't be very popular, but please understand I am not trying to personally attack anyone. I'm new here, and I think what people do here is very interesting.

Although this case is unusual and the surrounding circumstances horrifying to many of us, I feel we all may tend to lash out against people involved, such as Caylee's grandparents, uncle or adult friends.

I would hate to think what people would say of me if my grieving process, my behavior in times of great stress, became national or international news. If the only side of me people ever saw was the side brought out in a time of great personal tragedy, I imagine they wouldn't like what they saw.

I think many of us can say that.

With that in mind, and knowing how awful this time in their lives must be for those close to Caylee, I would hope that we could be compassionate people.

Although I believe the discussion of motive, honesty, and behavior is appropriate to people searching for clues and trying to solve a case, calling people names or bashing them does not move the discussion in the appropriate direction.

This is just my opinion. I sincerely mean no harm to anyone.

I agree with you 100%. I am a newbie too, however, the few times I've tried to redirect "bashing" statements I've pissed a few people off. Oh well.

I think it is dangerous to start name calling etc because it buys into mob mentality and often innocent people can get hurt from that type of thing. It's one thing to have an opinion "I think Casey killed Caylee" and another to be throwing around insults "Casey is a *advertiser censored* who cared for no one but herself."

Anyway, I don't claim to have a formal opinion about this case at all and am open to all possibilities. I just think throwing insults out there does more harm that good in figuring out what really happened. Thanks for saying that.

I am not bothered by "no searches" Caylee had been missing for 31 days when reported missing. She was supposedly left with a Nanny at an apartment that is vacant. Where would one start.

I still get the unpleasant feeling that LE has been dragging their feet on this one, and now they've gone into panic mode knowing the clock is ticking. I think they've put too much on waiting for the forensics, and not enough bringing more pressure on the Anthony's to come clean.

There might be secret searches going on???? But again, why secret? Poor little Caylee. It totally breaks my heart.

I know! That didn't even really make sense to me as I was typing it. I get the feeling that LE is working hard on this case, due to the high publicity of it. So, there has to be a reason for no public seaches (other than the Anthony's back yard), right?

Yes, I am trying to convince myself...

I still don't know. He never actually confirms it. He said that George informed the media. Read it again.

"We in the Orange County Sheriff's Office endeavor to provide pertinent information in a timely and accurate manner. Due to the "emotional" circumstances surrounding this case, the media coverage (as you may well know) has been 24-7.

We have appreciated the media's coverage of the missing child Caylee Anthony. As I have stated numerous times, our goal is to locate Caylee. That being said, I can assure you that at the time of the conference, I was not aware of what was removed from the house. It is my understanding that George Anthony informed the media that gas cans had been removed from the residence.

I understand the importance of the case and the medias involvement. Although, our working relationship with the media is positive, we must be prudent in the release of information that may affect the integrity of the case. As stated bfore, our desire is to locate little Caylee.

I appreciate your concerns that have made me aware that certain news outlets are stating that I have "confirmed" certain information. The information released from the Orange County Sheriff's Public Information Office is released equally to all media outlets. We will continue to provide information that is correct and pertinent .

If you should have any other concerns, please feel free to call me at (321) 558-9147"

I may be being overly picky but I don't see where he confirmed anything.

I would be willing to bet this is a letter they have had to send to more then one person writing them with this same concern.

When I read it, to me, it sounded like a standard PR type letter.

Oh oops. I didn't notice that he had 24 million friends. Sorry 'bout that.

I still get the unpleasant feeling that LE has been dragging their feet on this one, and now they've gone into panic mode knowing the clock is ticking. I think they've put too much on waiting for the forensics, and not enough bringing more pressure on the Anthony's to come clean.

What kind of pressure? The FBI/LE met with them for six hours. I have seen nothing done by Casey's parents that comes close to obstruction of justice or any chargeable offense.

I find it virtually impossible that LE would drag their feet on the disappearance of a 3 year old whose mother has done nothing but lie. As a taxpayer I don't want my tax dollars wasted by showy searches to placate the public when they don't have any information on which to base them and when the best evidence suggests that the child is dead not alive and not kidnapped.

Until they have some idea of what Casey was doing and where she was from June 15-27 or so...any big public searches would be a waste of time.

They are doing investigative work that we can't even begin to imagine. But they're not going to publicize it.

I don't think that they're in panic mode at all. I've no doubt that they are working this case 24 hours a day...and I do think they feel pretty secure in knowing that the forensics results will give them what they need to file formal charges against Casey--probably 2nd degree murder.

I know! That didn't even really make sense to me as I was typing it. I get the feeling that LE is working hard on this case, due to the high publicity of it. So, there has to be a reason for no public seaches (other than the Anthony's back yard), right?

Yes, I am trying to convince myself...

I think the investigators already know what the outcome will be, based on their experience with other cases in which decomp has been a factor. Sadly. :(

Does anyone really think it is even possible to keep any kind of search a secret? With the way the media is all over this case, I really don't think it's possible.

I don't believe there are any searches happening.

The other day I sent a letter to Deputy Carlos Padilla because I was tired of the news media reporting this and that and confirming OCSD said this and that ...

and he just responded to me:

I was not aware of what was removed from the house. It is my understanding that George Anthony informed the media that gas cans had been removed from the residence.

I understand the importance of the case and the medias involvement. Although, our working relationship with the media is positive, we must be prudent in the release of information that may affect the integrity of the case. ... The information released from the Orange County Sheriff's Public Information Office is released equally to all media outlets. We will continue to provide information that is correct and pertinent .

If you should have any other concerns, please feel free to call me at (321) 558-9147

Carlos M. Padilla

Hi, Patty G -- Nice! thanks for doing that & posting it here.

So the PIO says that he did not know what was taken from the house before the press conference was held (what, no briefing, no discussion of a team before the press conference of all that could be publicly disclosed? is that usual?). So whatever the items were (possibly 1 gas can, but other bag seems to be something else), it's something that came up in the investigators' talks with the Anthonys just that morning and was immediately taken care of.

It's a shame that it took so long for that info to come out -- gosh, why not before? (especially since that had been discussed here. wow)

This also gets back to the oddness of that press conference. We AND those there were waiting for it to truly begin, for something more definate to happen other than taking questions from the press. Surprising for a called press conference, esp. after such silence.

Yep, that's what we need -- a good press conferences -- to clarify matters as much as this muddy mess can be.

Anyway, thanks again for your letter.

What kind of pressure? The FBI/LE met with them for six hours. I have seen nothing done by Casey's parents that comes close to obstruction of justice or any chargeable offense.

I find it virtually impossible that LE would drag their feet on the disappearance of a 3 year old whose mother has done nothing but lie. As a taxpayer I don't want my tax dollars wasted by showy searches to placate the public when they don't have any information on which to base them and when the best evidence suggests that the child is dead not alive and not kidnapped.

Until they have some idea of what Casey was doing and where she was from June 15-27 or so...any big public searches would be a waste of time.

Lying to the FBI could be obstruction, also, the searches I would want to see conducted are for the dead body, not some kidnapper somewhere.

I would hate to think what people would say of me if my grieving process, my behavior in times of great stress, became national or international news. If the only side of me people ever saw was the side brought out in a time of great personal tragedy, I imagine they wouldn't like what they saw.

I'm with you!

I personally don't really care what Casey did at nightclubs, who she dated, what she stole, who she slept with etc., etc. I only care about what happened to Caylee. Plain and simple.

As a mother, I think "what if my son went missing" and everyone got into my son's MySpace page and started pulling out all of his photos. You would be surprised what my 40 year-old son has on his MySpace page. Although decent but he loves to party with people, he is also a part-time bouncer at a strip club, something he has done for 20 years and also holds a full time job working 6 days a week, plus the part-time one. No children, no drugs but a man who likes a good time. But if he went missing, I could see his personal life spinning out of control as well as mine ....

The one thing I remember Cindy saying at the bond hearing is "there is no evidence". And so far,there isn't.

Cindy has said several times, "Casey is a good mother. She would not do this."

Worriedmom, TOM is a friend on EVERYONE's myspace. It's the first friend you get, and it's automatic. No connection.

Please skim the first 40+ threads a lot of this was covered (yeah I know it's a ton of posts to sort through!)

I'm slow - disregard :)

Or check the Daily recap thread!, Or Myspace threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat