Caylee Anthony 2 years old #7: General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she only kept the shovel about 15/20 minutes. I think she must have left the body in the trunk a few days to still have the smell " if that is what is in the trunk ". I do believe Caylee is no longer alive just not sure of the rest yet.

Also I read somewhere today that the person who picked Casey up where she abandoned the car was known and was to be questioned today.

She had the shovel about an hour. A days old dead body placed into a trunk would immediately ruin the vehicle forever. The dirt got into the trunk from Caylee's body being previously buried.

A question I asked on the previous thread............if Casey dug up Caylee's body from the grandparent's backyard, and re-buried it...... Where? I'm not familiar with Florida, but I do know Orlando is a big city. Where would be a likely place to begin searching?

I live about 2 hrs from Orlandoand I assume like here, there are lots of retention ponds, ponds, even lakes, that would be a good place to start.
When the Eisenbergs baby was found missing in Tampa, they scoured alot of nearby ponds.....Casey looks about 100#, I cant see he burying the body unless she had help.

and when they were following cindy asking her about the 'stench' in the trunk she was very adamant in proclaiming that she TOLD THEM ALREADY it was a 'bag of rotten pizza with maggots'. which was a lie.
actually during the trial the dick stated that the trash taken from the home was consistent with what the family had said was in the garbage bag...but that the smell from the rotton food was not the same smell as that of the decomp in the trunk:eek:

It was actually an hour. And am I correct that I heard the detective say the neighbor said she brought the shovel back after she showered? Or was I hearing things?

Yes, this is correct - the neighbor was doing his/her own yard work, IIRC, when Casey borrowed the shovel - he/she went in and showered before Casey returned it.

I was confused about this also. In fact, the "smell of decomposition" only happens after some time has passed - probably about three days in the heat of Florida - possibly longer if the body was buried in the ground as opposed to being hidden above ground. The horrifying thing about this case IMHO is that it appears from the current pathetic evidence we have that the body was MOVED!!! WHY else would have have a "decomposing" body in the trunk of a car??? If I murdered my child today and freaked out about it, and then place her in a trunk and drove to a lake to dispose of her.....there would be no smell....unless I left her laying for a few hours - and then the cadaver dogs would have hit on it. For HUMANS to have smelled decomposition - we are talking DAYS; not hours - which equals a body that is MOVED.

Actually, with Florida's heat a body would not take longer than 24 hours to smell like....a body. I don't want to go into more graphic detail than that.

I thought myself that it appears that George hops from one job to another. With their credit situation I thought maybe she was just not wanting him to lose another job. I did think it was odd the way he said it though. :)

She said he started on Monday and this happened (arrest) on Tuesday.... so he's worked a total of a day at his new job? Maybe she didn't want the creditors knowing where he works! :chicken:

Do you really think if the parents knew anything about this that they would have involved LE?
Don't you think they would have just bought the girl a ticket to someplace abroad and moved themselves. Who would ever known anything had happened?
This chaos is the result of Casey and Casey alone.

IMO, They are so arrogant, they thought they would pull off the story of the kidnapping.

Does anyone know if Jeff Hopkins is the same Jeff that had "Zannie" babysit his son and Casey at babysit Caylee. Cindy said today that Casey met Zannie through Jeff. She babysat his son and that's how Zannie started babysitting Caylee.

You weren't on last night late, but Liltigress was kind enough to post several links to Casey's MySpace account. She also provided us with a link. If you are on Liltigress do you still have the link.
In it not only did it mention the heavy drinking. It also stated that "Mom and I were teaching Caylee how to do shots"

Thank you CC.. I have been having a hard time getting on and staying on.. the website is so popular here that it keeps getting the server overloaded and timed out.. I THINK THAT IS A GOOD THING..ALTHOUGH FRUSTRATING..

There are so many places it's really hard to speculate. I'd have to think, though, it would have been in an area she knew and quite possibly not too far from where the car was abandoned and/or near the apartment she was staying at while Amy was gone.

The lake near the Sawgrass apartments has been mentioned here and that's a possibility. A lot of apartments have a little bit of woody area nearby, so it the one she was staying at had such a place, that would be one of the first places I'd look. Digging in Florida is hard work but not that hard (and not like here where you almost need dynamite to blast thru the rocks)...
It breaks my heart to think this but an almost three year old child wouldn't be as hard to get rid of as an adult. I am thinking more in terms of dumping her in the water, or a trash bag. I wonder if the police have checked the dumpsters around where they found her car and checked the land fills where the trucks go?

Have we heard Jeff Hopkins' name before today?

He's the one Casey allegedly went to Jacksonville with, yes? And if I recall correctly, he's the person who supposedly introduced Casey to his own babysitter, Zenaida, according to Cindy's testimony today.

Has this been discussed and I missed it?

actually during the trial the dick stated that the trash taken from the home was consistent with what the family had said was in the garbage bag...but that the smell from the rotton food was not the same smell as that of the decomp in the trunk:eek:

:saythat: ????

Do you really think if the parents knew anything about this that they would have involved LE?
Don't you think they would have just bought the girl a ticket to someplace abroad and moved themselves. Who would ever known anything had happened?
This chaos is the result of Casey and Casey alone.

Hey Beyond Belief. You are one of the posters here that I respect the most, and your question is extremely important. From my personal experience with a sociopathic liar, I can assure you that they are SO good at spinning ridiculous tells about EVERYTHING, that they honestly think the lie they tell will be believed. I can truly see where a socipathic liar would think that they could come up with this ridiculous story, and the world would simply reach out and give them a hug for their loss. THAT is one of the reasons I read True Crime, and one of the reasons I am SO thankful for all of YOU here at WS's and other sites (Huff's site). I have learned thru many, many, cases to recognize a liar.....some call it the "hinky meter". If there were a richter scale for hinky meters with crime, mine would be in the absolute danger zone about now.

Actually, with Florida's heat a body would not take longer than 24 hours to smell like....a body. I don't want to go into more graphic detail than that.

And it has been very, very hot outside during this time period.

Thank you CC.. I have been having a hard time getting on and staying on.. the website is so poplar here that it keeps getting the server overloaded and timed out.. I THINK THAT IS A GOOD THING..ALTHOUGH FRUSTRATING..
I have had a hard time all day. I looked at the number of views this thread at one time today (Before SS kindly moved us) and it was well over 6,000. I think people come here for the REAL up to date developments they can't find on the news.
For instance, what Liltigress shared last night. I know you can find it but it is about 20 pages back.

I have only been to Florida once so help me out here. Is there alot of places around Orlando that have alligators? I was just thinking, what if Casey disposed of her body in an alligator infested swamp and there will be no body to be found????? I am so hoping this is not the case! :(

It was actually an hour. And am I correct that I heard the detective say the neighbor said she brought the shovel back after she showered? Or was I hearing things?

I thought he was saying that the neighbor showered. He(?) was working outside in the yard when she came and asked for the shovel, and after the neighbor had finished work and showered, the shovel was returned. It sounded to me like he was saying that the neighbor did not actually see her return the shovel, but that it was returned.

I don't think that she ever had the little girl buried in the yard, but obviously somehow the decomp smell got there. Maybe she took her into the yard, and was going to bury her, but the digging was too difficult. Could be that she put her in that playhouse while she tried to dig. I know I saw the technicians moving it.

I think Casey will break before Cindy does. I think there will be a weak link in the family somewhere. I still say, before this is over, I expect Cindy to be arrested also.

I agree! Of the two, I believe that Casey is the weaker, and at some point will talk. Cindy refuses to see the truth, and is angry at even the suggestion that Casey would harm Caylee.

I'm perplexed by George. It was reported early on that when Casey was arrested, George took one of the officers aside and told him that he thought Casey was lying. I'm not sure of where George fits in with all this.

I can't believe Greta has nothing on this. Is she nuts??? The big legal story of the day and she didn't even mention it!

In the court proceedings today it was stated that Casey borrowed the shovel for approximately an hour. That is not enough time to transport a body to another location and dig a new grave- especially for someone of her size. My guess is the shovel was used to "undig" Caylee and then returned to the neighbor and that her body was then transported- probably to a body of water somewhere. Maybe that is where the "mini-vacation" to Jacksonville comes into play. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Jacksonville near West Palm or a beach? That would also give the body enough time to produce the stench in the vehicle during transport.

Jacksonville is in NE FL - on the coast, yes but up toward the Georgia border. A very large, heavily populated city. Between there and Orlando, however, there are many more isolated areas (and that's just taking 95 instead of going back roads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidandrew32