Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always known there are companies online that for a cost will produce cell phone records. About 3 or 4 years ago I remember seeing a site that for 80 dollars you could get one months cell phone calls. Not sure if this site is working or if its legit but to give you an example: Locatecell.com

Maybe if you have a private detective license you can ask for the raw data and that would include which towers were being pinged? Maybe BH also carries a private detective license?

There is an article about this access to records...
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2006/01/anyone_can_get.html

The above link is from 2006... but even if this can't be done any longer, wouldn't casey give the BH the OK to access her cell phone records in order for him to bring home caylee. :crazy: I'm almost starting to believe Caylee is alive and I know thats totally crazy :eek: Hhhmmm maybe its my Lunesta kicking in. The text is started to go 3D on me.

I linked to the web site. Apparently, the service would allow the bounty hunter to get the pings from a person that has consented to release their ping information. This makes sense. So maybe LP has Casey's pings. Big deal. So does LE.

Under our terms of our civil contract with each person on bond we are allowed to legally ping cell phones under our power of attorney that the subject has signed. The Old way has become a time consuming effort and we are looking to design and put in to use our own system with out going through each cell phone carriers.

I understand that LP might be getting pings and not the records of telephone numbers either dialed or received. But ping records, as far as I know, are just as private as the underlying phone call records. If he wants to triangulate Amy, for example, he would need Amy's pings and Amy's pings, I believe, are as private as her phone call records. I don't see how he could get those ping records without the permission of the person. I don't say that LP can't get those ping records, but I wonder if he can get them legally.

I never knew that my ping records, or yours for that matter, are for sale to the general public.

ITA.......how could he *legally* track anyones phone (or the pings it makes),
*if* you are somone not suspected in any crime ???

I linked to the web site. Apparently, the service would allow the bounty hunter to get the pings from a person that has consented to release their ping information. This makes sense. So maybe LP has Casey's pings. Big deal. So does LE.

Under our terms of our civil contract with each person on bond we are allowed to legally ping cell phones under our power of attorney that the subject has signed. The Old way has become a time consuming effort and we are looking to design and put in to use our own system with out going through each cell phone carriers.

There are services out there that I just found (and posted links to earlier in this thread) that offer to find the pings of others' cell phone pings for a fee. There are quite a few of them out there. Software you can purchase as well. So it's not just Casey's pings he was talking about and it's legal for him to get the info.

Hi all,
I miss Heraldo tonight (watching Bristol) which part of the show is the segment with LP on? The latter part or middle???
I just see news about politics right now as usual.
tia

Hi all,
I miss Heraldo tonight (watching Bristol) which part of the show is the segment with LP on? The latter part or middle???
tia

It's the second half.

Hi all,
tia

it's coming up on Geraldo's repeat show here shortly

Hi all,
tia

like the last 15 mins of it

I missed that. I'd be very interested in reading about any conversations between Tony and a reporter.

Or are you thinking of that 'wall' thing on Clint's facebook page in which some guy whose name I can't remember starting calling him every name in the book for having gone on Greta?

DianeB, now that my memory has been refreshed - during Greta's show in which she interviewed Clint, there was a local reporter that she spoke to as well that evening. The local reporter knew Clint and had spoken with him earlier in the day about being on the show that night. Clint told this reporter that Tony was not at all happy that he was going to give the interview and made a comment to the effect "so this is how you want to play it." Those words have been nagging at me all day.

Play it? Play what? Is this a game to Tony? I assume that Clint would have spoken to the FBI as well and yet he was allowed to speak to the media. Why wouldn't Tony be allowed to speak? And why would Tony care, especially given the fact that Clint had nothing but good things to say about Tony? These questions have been nagging at me.

There are services out there that I just found (and posted links to earlier in this thread) that offer to find the pings of others' cell phone pings for a fee. There are quite a few of them out there. Software you can purchase as well. So it's not just Casey's pings he was talking about and it's legal for him to get the info.
Interesting.

Several years ago a news show like 20-20 or Dateline had a program about people beeing able to purchase cell phone records. They showed as an example that they bought records of famous people.

Right now I googled "purchase cell phone records" and found a story on records of Gen. Wesely Clark" being bought for $89.00. Also a story about it on MSNBC.

thanks! wouldnt that figure. They always save the good parts for last. Like dessert.

But from what I read you all discussing so far, seems there is more to pick thru and speculate over. That LP guy puzzles me. I dont know how to judge him and his plan.

Hi all,
tia

It should be on in about five minutes...i think he started the Caylee story about half past the hour.

Please elaborate. I'm a little dense. Draw me a picture.
IMO a lot of the BIG players in this know a whole lot more than has ever been released. Things are happening behind the scenes at a lightning pace. I was just saying that maybe it was just set up to "do" these interviews while Cindy and George are out of town thus allowing Casey home alone (with the female BH of course) to see what type of reactions come out of this show - and back to Casey. Since she is only allowed 5 minute phone calls - this reaction could come via internet? Just thinkg out loud here.

Yep, I noticed that too....but Casey would have had to know *if* Tony was involved, yet she continued to 'party on' with him ??

Going back to the beginning, and what we do know...............

On the day that Casey was arrested, July 16th, she mad a phone call home from jail. On that call she was very angry, first with Cindy, then with Lee and finally with Christine. She demanded Tony's phone number. Getting Tony's phone number was the most important thing. Casey knew Lee was at the house because she had been watching television at the jail and saw Lee's girlfriend's car parked in front of the Anthony house. If Lee had Tony's phone number, I think we can conclude that Lee is somehow connected to Tony too.

Secondly, there's the police affidavit that was released shortly after Casey's arrest. In that affidavit, Tony had already been interviewed by LE and according to that report had called Amy and urged her to call LE too.

Wait...no. I misread what you were saying. It will only tell them where HER phone was located not the calls that came in.

He isn't looking for calls coming in. He wants to know where Casey was specifically to see if it ties into meeting with the other people according to their known locations (ie. addresses of apts., the clubs, etc.).
Sorry, I wasn't being clear.

Let's say Casey was sitting in Orlando and called TonE in NY. Would the ping records show the path of the towers used to complete the call, starting with the Orlando tower and ending with the tower in NY? In other words, would it be possible to tell where the receiving phone was located?

Don't these calls bounce off satellites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717