Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if she's released before any more charges are brought about, and she decides NOT to go to the arms of her family? It's possible......she could go back to relying on friends like she did before...

If she is bailed out, she will be on house arrest on one of the ankle bracelets. She will have to go home to mommy and daddy. if she is just released, like through LE dropping the charges, she could go wherever she wanted.

I wish when she first got to jail TonE would have visited her. I feel maybe she would have said something about Caylee to him.

So you've talked to Casey's friends and know that they have good things to say about her? Do you think the media will accept the good things they say and not follow up with some difficult questions that might reflect poorly on Casey? Not that any of it matters. Cindy has seen how intrusive the media can be. If her advice to Casey's friends - who asked her BTW - is to avoid it, I think that's good advice. Maybe it's bad advice, who knows? I just don't understand the need for the digs simply because she said it.
Are you saying that you think there is absolutely no one in this world who would be able to honestly say they like Casey as a person and that she has never lied to them (as far as they know) and they're happy to be in her company?

Geez, you have a worse opinion of her than I have. I figure there may be a couple of co-workers, high school friends, somebody willing to speak up on her behalf.

Frankly, your continual defense of Cindy - someone who has made many obvious boners in dealing with her granddaughter's disappearance - seems a little peculiar to me.

Of course I have no problem with your insistence on doing so, it just seems to me like misplaced loyalty.

On this subject, I think perhaps we will never be in agreement.

Actually, the court can order psychotherapeutic drugs to be given involuntarily under some circumstances, but I don't see those circumstances being met here.

I could be wrong, but I believe she'd have to be charged and found incompetent to stand trial. At that point the DA could ask her to be forcibly medicated to make her competent to stand trial. I know most states handle it this way. I am not sure about Florida law though.

I've posted many times why this is not a likely scenario. But the answer about the dogs, landfill searches are so dangerous that many handlers will not take there dogs there. If they do it's under a very restricted set of rules. Besides, after almost 8 weeks later, we are talking 100's of tons of garbage to go through. Dumpsters are a very effective way to get rid of a body and never have it found.

The smell was so bad in the car so I imagine if she had used dumpster that also would have smelled and brought alot of attention to area. People are putting trash in their dumpsters on regular basis. I just think that would have been easily found by someone very quickly. Unless she knew when and what time dumpsters were emptied and proceeded to dispose of baby right before that time. JMO

Yes, but her total lack of concern for Caylee and her own self-absorption seem to indicate some type of mental disorder.

That's how Casey and I differ GREATLY! I was super close to my sons, when one spent a week with my mom, and I had to fly to see my husband in the Air Force, I went crazy! I worried SO much about him, and my heart was breaking until I got to hold him again.

But my niece tried to kill herself several times while pregnant, and didn't care about her baby .. so it does depend on the person's chemical makeup and situations.

I'm completely nauseated now. I understand that everyone is allowed to have representation but someone that would represent a child rapist (of a 6 week old baby) is beyond disgusting.

Those are 2 different charges/defendents that are unrelated.
One in 2007- booted mayor also Gyn accused of some sex issue on the job, the 2006 was a woman who claimed her roomates baby, 6 weeks old, was actually hers... just to clarify..

I saw a definite change in Cindy after FBI got involved. Did anyone else notice a slight change?

I definitely noticed a change. It seemed to me like she finally thought that someone was listening. It was probably all in how they approached her. Let's face it, these guys know exactly how to talk to people and get people to talk!

Those are 2 different charges/defendents that are unrelated.
One in 2007- booted mayor also Gyn accused of some sex issue on the job, the 2006 was a woman who claimed her roomates baby, 6 weeks old, was actually hers... just to clarify..

I read too fast. My mistake. Sorry.

Everyone's loyalty needs to be with Caylee. Everything needs to be questioned in this case and that includes the grand parents.

I could be wrong, but I believe she'd have to be charged and found incompetent to stand trial. At that point the DA could ask her to be forcibly medicated to make her competent to stand trial. I know most states handle it this way. I am not sure about Florida law though.

I think being declared incompetent means just that, I do not think that is the burden, I think it is "unable to aid in their own defense." But you may be right, either way it is extremely rare- The court cannot even mandate diagnosed schizo's that refuse to take their meds be held until they comply..

The smell was so bad in the car so I imagine if she had used dumpster that also would have smelled and brought alot of attention to area. People are putting trash in their dumpsters on regular basis. I just think that would have been easily found by someone very quickly. Unless she knew when and what time dumpsters were emptied and proceeded to dispose of baby right before that time. JMO

I wonder where the dumpsters are at the Sawgrass. And are they the kind locked behind an enclosure where you have to fling your garbage over? Are they within view of any of the units?

I bet and hope that LE took cadaver dogs to the Amscot shopping center and the Sawgrass apartments.

"Dog walking stories?" :confused:

Her friends that did talked to People magazine, in the article the family now says digusts them. Yet Caylee's face was in every supermarket in the country and 40 million people read the article and care about that little girl.

Chilly Willy, thank you for posting how you truly loved your son. One of our sons, in his stupid teens, did something simliar, along with a friend. The two of them entered a summer hotel kitchen, and helped themselves to goody edibles in the wee hours of the morning, scaring the resident hotel-keepers.

We got a call from the local LE in the morning, and they were holding our son until the county LE came to get him. He was humiliated, and ashamed. But, while we could have "sweet-talked" him out (local clout, very small village), we didn't take that route.

He was taken to the county jail, and even thought we knew it was a weekend, we did "nothing" to get him released. We let him cool his 16 yr old heels until the local judge decided to hear his case. We did call a good friend lawyer, but made it clear that we wanted our son to learn up close and personal what a mess he had gotten himself into, and not to pull any strings for leniency.

It was a trivial offense, but we encouraged the lawyer dealing with him to lay it on thick, and we stayed away from "visitation" at the county jail, etc. He was released, since he wasn't a major danger to society, but we made sure he overheard our anxious "late-night" conversations about how we were going to come up with the money for his defense, etc.

He got the message, believe me. Became an upstanding citizen, and eventually enlisted in the military. Security police, and now in top-secret security employment.

The moral of all this? We have a few chances to let our teens know that there are consequences. If we protect them from these, we do not give them true love.

Love means letting go, not prolonging dependency.

It's really interesting reading how we all handle, handled situations with our own children. My son has also gotten into trouble with LE. We pretty much let him suffer the consequences of his "mistake". We did go pick him up from the police station but he was on his own as far as the lawyer went.
We could have gotten him a high priced attorney for his deed; but, instead told him he was on his own for finding and paying for his attorney. He was 16at the time this all happened so he was working and I know it killed him to have to pay for that attorney. He did hire his attorney and we did have to go to court with him. We told the attorney we did want him to "fess" up, we did not want any fancy loopholes to get him "off".

He suffered the consequences both monetarily and in having to admit that he did wrong. I am grateful that this all happened before he was 18.

He will be starting college this fall and this event changed his entire attitude toward life. He pulled his grades up in the two years that followed so that he was on honor roll every quarter and he managed to get a full scholarship to College. He hasn't been in trouble since and has actually become much more loving and responsible since that episode.

I firmly believe it takes a true shake up in life to wake some up. He happened to be one of those that needed that shakeup.

I don't blame Casey's parents though. I think they probably did do what they thought was right in raising her but she did not seem to get the message. For all I know, if my son was not receptive to our "tuff luv" in the situation he got himself in to ... who knows? It is really a scary thought.

You know she was so worried about her boyfriend T, maybe they should send him in for a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member