Caylee may be cremated

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personally I think that if Cindy hasn't been able to pay respects to Caylee yet, she certainly will not allow the public to do so. Its a me over them type situation.
I'll be surprised if there is a public memorial. If there is, it would be safer for the family not to attend. Maybe they can arrange the plans and have their lawyer see to it everything is right, but it wouldn't be a good thing them being there.

....... and if they don't show up everyone will be like "OMG how DARE they not show up blah blah blah"

so i think they should do what they're comfortable with.

cremating Caylee or burying what's left of her little body is their choice. let them do what they want. there's no "destruction of evidence" cuz both sides have done their investigating. not everything is a big dramatic deal.. sometimes it is what it is. let them grieve and do the memorial when THEY are ready.

sometimes i think we lose sight of what they're going through, regardless of their actions regarding casey and the investigation. they still LOST their granddaughter who they loved so much. i for one can say i truly believe, after watching their videos and hearing the 911 tapes, that both CA and GA LOVED that little girl more than anything else in the world.

there's no "destruction of evidence" cuz both sides have done their investigating. not everything is a big dramatic deal.. sometimes it is what it is. let them grieve and do the memorial when THEY are ready.

With all due respect, I disagree. Let them grieve, yes. Respect their rights, absolutely. But also keep in mind that once the body is cremated, that's it. No more dna, not more "future" testing method, nothing. And I'll cite one example for the defense of non-cremation: Kathleen Savio.

With all due respect, I disagree. Let them grieve, yes. Respect their rights, absolutely. But also keep in mind that once the body is cremated, that's it. No more dna, not more "future" testing method, nothing. And I'll cite one example for the defense of non-cremation: Kathleen Savio.

what more could they possibly get?

Dr. G would not have given up the body if she felt she needed more. the FBI has the bone that Dr. G said would be used and possibly destroyed during testing, but they still have their samples. they have what was ON the body and part of the bone. so what else is there to see? they said there wasn't much left, that she was completely skeletonized. i think they have all they need and i really doubt that they would half-*advertiser censored* the most important part of their case. look at how much time was spent at the scene, how many searches they did at the home, and how much testing has been done so far (that we know of and have speculated on). i really really doubt they would spend so much time with everything else, and skim over the body without getting everything they needed. they don't want to exhume her body... how traumatic for the family and upsetting for Caylee. they made sure and got it right the first time just in case she was cremated.

the state could have suspected that killer KC would have her cremated to make sure they couldn't go back and look at her again. if anything I could see KC requesting it for that reason but not the GPs.

There is absolutely nothing else to be gained either now or in the future as far as evidence regarding Caylee's remains. Both sides have had ample opportunity to thoroughly investigate and have done so. DNA? What DNA? They have plenty of Caylee's DNA samples and I'm fairly certain there would be the slightest chance anyone else's DNA would be found on skeletal remains. In the case of Kathleen Savio, totally different story. The ME in that case totally blew it on the first autopsy. Totally different situation.

Once autopsies have been completed by both prosecution and defense, there is no other reason to keep the body. It must be laid to rest. I can't think of a precedent of keeping a body "just in case" rather than laying it to rest. I know several people whose loved ones were killed and they were allowed to cremate them waaaay before trial started.

It's a no-no for Jews too. Nevertheless, i want to be cremated. This world is a small place and keeps getting smaller. I don't need to take up space in the ground and have it be hallowed. Let my loved ones each have a part of me to do with whatever they personally need or want.

after reading & hearing all about the bugs and such after death...well......I'm for the cremation......

I don't know why Mr. C even made a statement to the media on behalf of the Anthony's indicating "there are bad people out there who might dig up Caylee remains for profit". Goodness, gracious there are so many famous people buried throughout this country and they have yet been dug up to make a profit! What a ridiculous statement! :furious:

Exactly! We haven't heard of anybody trying to do that to Anna Nicole Smith's grave, and she's a far more likely target, don't you think???
Or JonBenet Ramsey...
GreenEyedGirl said:
There has to be some sort of motive for them to want her to be cremated. There are lots and lots of famous people, murdered kids, etc. out there that are buried in the ground. Have they been dug up, yet? No...so why would they be so concerned about Caylee? Especially now? They should have been concerned about her when she was alive. JMO
jmommy said:
I KNEW this was coming. They are just using the "bad People" as as excuse to destroy any evidence. So LE can't come back ever and do more testing.
Totally agree!

There is absolutely nothing else to be gained either now or in the future as far as evidence regarding Caylee's remains. Both sides have had ample opportunity to thoroughly investigate and have done so. DNA? What DNA? They have plenty of Caylee's DNA samples and I'm fairly certain there would be the slightest chance anyone else's DNA would be found on skeletal remains. In the case of Kathleen Savio, totally different story. The ME in that case totally blew it on the first autopsy. Totally different situation.
I'm not questioning the experience or examination of the ME. All I'm saying is look for the motivation. Casey is calling this shots on the final say-so. Cremation insures that the rest, residue and remainder of Caylee is gone- forever. Hindsight is 20/20. Look at the advances in forensic science in the last twenty years. Even if it were my own 2 1/2 year old child, I wouldn't want to think that 1.333333% chance of exhuming the body down the road would make a difference in the event that Casey is not convicted.

That is interesting. My husband's family is Catholic and they consider cremation a mortal sin. How do you justify that with your Catholic belief? Isn't it against the doctrine of the church and who would do your funeral, since the church won't? Just curious.

Just wanted to add, George spoke of his parents and Sicilian ways in one of the interviews.
Now both DH and I are from Italian families(born in Italy) none of our relatives have ever been cremated and I remember that the word cremation was a BIG NO NO.
Italians, in my experience, do not like to be cremated either, this may be cultural as well as religious.

If it's been released by prosecution and defense, it's no longer evidence and therefore they are not destroying evidence. It's that simple.

I'm not questioning the experience or examination of the ME. All I'm saying is look for the motivation. Casey is calling this shots on the final say-so. Cremation insures that the rest, residue and remainder of Caylee is gone- forever. Hindsight is 20/20. Look at the advances in forensic science in the last twenty years. Even if it were my own 2 1/2 year old child, I wouldn't want to think that 1.333333% chance of exhuming the body down the road would make a difference in the event that Casey is not convicted.

Mrs Peacock
Love your avatar, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil? Correct?
Bold Me

I agree, Casey is calling the shots on the final say. She is/was the mother, she has control and she decides who, what, where and when.

Remember George (and Lee) saying Casey held a grudge against Cindy because Cindy was the first person to hold Caylee after she was born.
If Casey signs the remains of Caylee to Cindy, then Cindy will have the last and final say for Caylee. (even if Casey says do it this way...Cindy can still decide to do as she thinks best)
IMHO

I totally agree that this is what the real issue is, not the smoke & mirrors of cremation vs. burial, grieving grandparents.

As sick & sad as that is, it's probably true. Only thing about cremation is it does destroy evidence.

Listen---LE has control of the body and needs to get all they can. Once they turn it back over to the family, it is their choice on the burial. I do not like cremation but it is definitely their option and they should not be critized for that. I think that is just looking for any reason to bash this family who have enough grief for a lifetime and then some. No one has critized John Travolta for cremating his son. Let's stay fair to all.

Leave this family grieve and bury their granddaughter their own way. It is their right if the body has been given to them to bury. They have the choice. Let them choose. Thanks.

That is interesting. My husband's family is Catholic and they consider cremation a mortal sin. How do you justify that with your Catholic belief? Isn't it against the doctrine of the church and who would do your funeral, since the church won't? Just curious.

The church will. Last February, my brother-in-law was cremated following a lovely funeral Mass. The pall bearers carried the casket out of the church and placed it into a hearse. From there, he was taken to the crematorium.

Fine with whatever they choose but DO SOMETHING and do it NOW

Put that baby to rest - its way past time .

I think it's terrible that Caylee doesn't have NOT ONE decent family member that can face a camera and tell us about her and how much they'll miss her.
Seems funny hearing funeral details from an attorney that didn't even know her.

All they would get from the public would be more criticism. We need to let them grieve in peace. Burying their granddaughter is their decision. We do not know all the facts as to why they haven't done it yet. Quite frankly it is none of our business. NG needs to take the smirk off her face and lay off the cremation of this baby. I don't approve of cremation but that is not my grandchild nor my decision. No one on the news media has critized John Travolta for cremating Jett.

Listen---LE has control of the body and needs to get all they can. Once they turn it back over to the family, it is their choice on the burial. I do not like cremation but it is definitely their option and they should not be critized for that. I think that is just looking for any reason to bash this family who have enough grief for a lifetime and then some. No one has critized John Travolta for cremating his son. Let's stay fair to all.

Leave this family grieve and bury their granddaughter their own way. It is their right if the body has been given to them to bury. They have the choice. Let them choose. Thanks.
In all fairness, John Travolta didn't murder his son, and his son died from a known ailment. There is no mystery surrounding his death.

A lot of Catholics also use birth control. Isn't that a mortal sin?

Many people do not accept ALL of the tenets of their church.

And, didn't some people post papal references that said that cremation is not permitted?

ITA with you here. My question is why isn't Cindy having at least the public memorial for Caylee. My God, it's been over a month since Caylee was found, and you don't necessarily need the remains to memorialize her. If one of our loved ones passed away, would we wait over a month for their funeral? What is Cindy waiting for? Will there even be a public memorial?

Maybe they don't feel up to it. They do not OWE the public anything.

I'm no fan of the As. But, I think how they lay the remains to rest is up to them. Funerals are for the LIVING, not the dead. The dead are already at rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back