Caylee Memorial 2-10-2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cannot imagine how Caylee would feel (or how her soul might feel) to hear her grandparents stand up, at her memorial, and talk about her murderer in such manner of affection and trust.

How do YOU feel looking into this man's eyes?

ga.jpg

I can imagine that Caylee knows the eyes are the windows to his soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fJF_vdt3hw

God bless you

Maybe the Anthonys are considering Casey "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law.

What a difference from Cindy Anthony's ranting on camera in the past, to today's service. Do you think she wrote that all by herself, or had someone giving her pointers of things to mention, to tie it together?

I kept seeing Cindy/hearing Cindy in my mind when she said the car smelled like a dam dead body, and when Cindy called LE to report Casey for check fraud, stealing, keeping them from knowing where Caylee was. Such a turnaround. Which is the real Cindy Anthony?

MOO - I think the absence of KC (both literally and figuritively) spoke very loud today. I think the Anthonys did the very least they could in acknowledging Caylee had a mother. there was 1 picture. Yes CA said what she said, but old habits die hard and it was a very emotional day. That service could have played very differently. It could have been a memorial for BOTH Caylee and KC - because yes, the Anthonys have lost both.

But it wasn't. It truly was a Caylee day. I think the Anthonys should be proud of that service, given the circumstances.

You know, it's amazing that a day set to honor Caylee's memory has been so tarnished. I cannot imagine how Caylee would feel (or how her soul might feel) to hear her grandparents stand up, at her memorial, and talk about her murderer in such manner of affection and trust.

(snipped)

George, Cindy, Lee......good luck with everything ahead. I will continue to pray for enlightenment for you.

Well... assuming Caylee is in the spirit world/Heaven/afterlifelocationofchoice, I think she is beyond resentment. She understands unconditional love. She understands a lot more than any of us who are still on this plane of existence.

I don't think these things are ever "either/or", "black/white". Real life is messy .. complex .. and I'm sure the Anthonys feel very conflicted. On one hand, they love their daughter but may have to accept one day that she did a terrible thing. (If she did it... the jury hasn't even been chosen yet.) I'm sure they miss her. I'm sure they're still in shock.

I respect them for taking the high road.

~*Jai Yen

Mendara said:
The pastor asked God to give cindy VICTORY. I don't know what he meant by that. Victory against what?

I think the best way to describe victory in this context is this:

Cindy had a certain level of faith and belief before Caylee's death. We don't know what that level was, whether she was a strong believer or a weak one, but she obviously was a church-goer. This minister is praying that Cindy makes it out of the long nightmare she and her family have been facing with her faith intact or even renewed, restored, and enlarged. She will then be "victorious" over what has befallen her and her family. She will not have let it defeat her or her faith.

Not an easy thing to explain, but I hope I did it a wee bit of justice.

I'm at work and have done pretty good about not crying UNTIL I saw this picture of George......

They didn't say Casey was innocent.

In all fairness, perfect strangers who don't love Casey cannot conceive of her purposefully killing Caylee. Maybe George's, Cindy's and Lee's hearts can't take both Caylee dying AND Casey being her killer?

I believe Casey "did it". But, I also why the Anthony family would want to cling to ANY other scenario.

JMO

I realize that my point of view is colored by my Christian faith, but I ask you - if little Caylee is looking down on us do you honestly think her soul is experiencing any anguish? I think not. She is in paradise, and if her soul aches it is for each and every member of her family - yes, even her mother. I think this should be a day of compassion for this family. I am more disappointed in people's unwillingness to forgive than for what has transpired in the life and death of this little girl. I have been as angry at what has occurred as anyone on this thread, but where is the mercy and compassion? I certainly hope that in this life I am judged with as much compassion as I give in this life, and if not, I am truly damned based on what I am reading.

George has been my least favorite character in this case, besides KC, but never have I doubted the sincerity of his love for both his daughter and granddaughter.

It seemed more like a Beautiful 'staged production' IMO
CA has good taste with purple lighting etc, but come on
enough is enough........on kc.
Also not the turn out CA expected.
I think people knew what it would be like.
Very glad no protestors or interuptions.
Now when will CAYLEE be laid to rest?
and that code talk to CMA......not little CAYLEE, IMO
The funeral is private.

I don't think the family is obligated to share the details.

IMO

That picture of George is heart-wrenching. He was very emotional today. His speech was very heartfelt, and I loved listening to his memories of Caylee. I hope he does o.k.

Why should it "tarnish" Caylee's memory for her grandparents and uncle to mention her mother? To them, she is still their daughter and sister, and they support her. If no one else does, that is their problem. Keep in mind, this memorial was not just for the public, it was for the family. I think it says a lot... that they did not so easliy turn their backs on her, that they continue to love her and are ready to forgive her. That is the kind of love God wants us to have for people... not hate, not bitterness, not spitefulness, not meanness. They are hurting more than you could possibly imagine right now. And for all we know, Casey is hurting too!
I'll tell you what bothers me more than what the Anthonys said... Nancy Grace followed the memorial with her usual demeaning remarks towards Casey and Lee and THAT was very unclassy!! They advertised it as a tribute to Caylee and it was anything BUT! She has her own show every night, why did she have to do a double feature, today of all days?!! Very tasteless, IMO.

I missed the entire service today, so thanks to everyone who posted here... It sounds like Caylee was honored the way she deserved to be, and everyone seems to be softening towards the A's a bit, which is also comforting to read.

As for Baez not showing up, IMO, that was totally appropriate. I don't know how he could sit there and honor Caylee's memory while at the very same time his current life purpose is to set Caylee's murderer free.

Again, just my opinion, but that's how it would have looked to me, so I'm glad to hear he stayed away.

You know, it's amazing that a day set to honor Caylee's memory has been so tarnished. I cannot imagine how Caylee would feel (or how her soul might feel) to hear her grandparents stand up, at her memorial, and talk about her murderer in such manner of affection and trust.

I too was sad when George and Cindy (especially) went on about Casey. However, I believe that children are so innocent so quick to forgive -- especially their parents. Sad sometimes but true. And Caylee did love her mom. You can tell in the pictures that she did. I know that Caylee forgives and loves her mom no matter what happened. Now ME on the other hand. Completely different. I feel what Casey did was unforgivable.

I truly expected them to spend a lot more time talking about Casey than they did. I'm so very happy I was wrong.

George and Cindy's pain is palpable and heartbreaking. I'm not a big CA fan, but if you look at a picture taken today and compare it with a picture taken at the outset of this case, you can surely see the weight she's lost. (As opposed to KC who has obviously gained weight!)

I can only offer my Kudos to them for having the grace they did on this incredibly tough day. I also thank them, from the bottom of my heart, for allowing a public service, giving those of us who have come to love Caylee a chance to grieve with them.

I thought it was a beautiful service, beautiful music and everything that was said was right on target. I cried through the whole thing, and will probably cry off and on the rest of the day. I think this will help to bring some peace to this family, and help them deal with what is to come. I was so thankful for both the ministers who spoke and that they seemed to be so supportive of the Anthonys. They need all the support and love they can get through these next few months. I pray for them every day.

I didn't watch anything on TV and just now getting online. Did the preacher give a good message about eternal life, hope, and seeing Caylee again or was it mostly family speaking?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back