Christina Laurean

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the mate of the shoe in the garage (as seen in the crime scene photo), I wonder if the other shoe could have been taken outside because of the blood (by Cesar) then was nabbed by a neighbor's dog. The neighbor realized what it was and they took the shoe back and put it by the door. With the fence being open like it is...it is possible.

btbsmith I never seen anything like it either but am told it is not witchcraft and it is deemed reliable. I don't think so much as Sheriff B as a jerk I just think this case might be over his head? Like he don't really know what he is supposed to do?
Yeah, I agree - I just typed too soon and vented some overflowing frustration. More than the sherrif to share some blame:). In years past I have seen a waterwitch at work. Never seen one done by a sheriff, though.

I think Sheriff Brown did the best he could with what he had to work with at the time. He isn't a public spokesman by any means and the reason they decided to put in the young, more articulate man. Sheriff Brown was also letting his emotions get in the way of things he was reporting which was much to the chagrin of the DA.

With the mate of the shoe in the garage (as seen in the crime scene photo), I wonder if the other shoe could have been taken outside because of the blood (by Cesar) then was nabbed by a neighbor's dog. The neighbor realized what it was and they took the shoe back and put it by the door. With the fence being open like it is...it is possible.
The shoe was there by the door at the garage area during the taping when Ed Brown are walking around talking. Two doors leading to backyard, shoe by left door if you watch the video and it wasn't leaning up on the cement landing like another photo GretaWire posted.

btbsmith I never seen anything like it either but am told it is not witchcraft and it is deemed reliable. I don't think so much as Sheriff B as a jerk I just think this case might be over his head? Like he don't really know what he is supposed to do?

Its just really old school. Freshly layered dirt, and concrete blocks surrounding the area, appears "grave like".

Crudely fastened grave to support that "Ceasar buried her", if found.

Hey guys:

Let's not be so harsh on the Sheriff. It was obvious that after the body of Maria was unearthered, he was visibly upset by what he saw.

So far, I have not seen anything that reflects either his competence or lack of competence in this case.

I personally don't feel he needs to be bashed about the divining rod. Yes, it was an "old" method, but if the back yard was as large as it appears, I would want to use what might be the fastest way of finding something under the ground before I tell my people to start digging everywhere.

Even if what I am using is considered by some to be "witchcraft, old, stupid, etc.)

And if that is how Maria was found, then it worked.

I agree with ya littledeer! I like the man I can't help it! I feel bad for him though because this is probably more then he has ever had to deal with.

Hey guys:

Let's not be so harsh on the Sheriff. It was obvious that after the body of Maria was unearthered, he was visibly upset by what he saw.

So far, I have not seen anything that reflects either his competence or lack of competence in this case.

I personally don't feel he needs to be bashed about the divining rod. Yes, it was an "old" method, but if the back yard was as large as it appears, I would want to use what might be the fastest way of finding something under the ground before I tell my people to start digging everywhere.

Even if what I am using is considered by some to be "witchcraft, old, stupid, etc.)

Hey guys:

Well said. I appologize for some of my remarks earlier. Some frustration from outside fumed over. I'm sure I mistook some of his pride over the waterwitch method as grandstanding. Hey, I guess he deserves some pride as it must have worked! Now back to the topic...

As with the shoe Greta found, etc--- and I apologize profusely as I'm sure its been posted earlier-- sorry I can't keep uP!! but, was anybody confounded as to why the new wheelbarrow wasn't brought in to be tested? There is was, sittin under a porch, mindin its own business. weird????

As with the shoe Greta found, etc--- and I apologize profusely as I'm sure its been posted earlier-- sorry I can't keep uP!! but, was anybody confounded as to why the new wheelbarrow wasn't brought in to be tested? There is was, sittin under a porch, mindin its own business. weird????
Agree. LE commented that wheelbarrow was out in the yard and full of water when they arrived. Still I would have thought it might have been a logical place to look for some blood, etc. Hopefully they did some testing of it onsite.

It originally had been out in the yard it was stated, I guess the LE moved it there under the pool deck.

Agree. LE commented that wheelbarrow was out in the yard and full of water when they arrived. Still I would have thought it might have been a logical place to look for some blood, etc. Hopefully they did some testing of it onsite.

Can they use luminol on it?? Don't know, would imagine poor Maria was wrapped up in a tarp though, still be nice to know?

Also isn't the wheelbarrow evidence? What is it doing in the backyard and not locked up as "evidence"???

Another link to the crime scene photos. For anyone who hasn't seen these yet. The "other" shoe is at the top of the first pic, just left of the little green box. The second pic is the firepit, notice how sloppy the ground was put back together. What explanation did CL offer to Xtina and others for that hole he dug and filled back in. And for the spare dirt the sheriff talked about?

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,3154,00.html#1_0

Hmm, I'm surprised he didn't kill the dog and tell her that he buried the dog there. Then he could have told his friends that he was having a "fair well" party for his beloved dog.

They definately should have taken it. What if there was hair, blood, brain matter, etc on it. Or, there could have been amnio fluid or blood belonging to the baby,which would have proved that they baby was born. I really didn't understand their reasoning for not taking it. Maybe I will e-mail Nancy Grace or Greta so she can ask her forensic experts.

It would make sense he used the wheelbarrow to move her body so I don't understand why they would not have taken it in as evidence either. I think that might have been a mistake on their part. We learned in the Peterson case that blood mixed with water still leaves a certain staining, if I recall correctly what Dr. Baden said at one point.

It would make sense he used the wheelbarrow to move her body so I don't understand why they would not have taken it in as evidence either. I think that might have been a mistake on their part. We learned in the Peterson case that blood mixed with water still leaves a certain staining.

But the wheelbarrow was bought 2 days after he killed maria.What I have heard he wrapped her up in the garage and drug her to the pit.

Guess that is possible. So did he bury her THEN get the idea for the firepit? If so...how did his wife not notice a freshly dug grave for two days in their backyard? Doesn't she ever open her blinds or curtains?!

More confusing on why they didn't confisicate the wheelbarrow is that they had known of the Lowe's video tape, showing what might be CL pushing a wheel barrow.

Even if the person that was pushing the wheel barrow is not CL, considering all the confusion between the two males in the video, I would think LE would have taken the wheelbarrow for some forensic testing!!

JDB:

Is Maria was killed on the 14th, and the video is of the 16th, that is TWO days after Maria was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z