Christmas Morning Picture of Burke and JB...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
right on,Ames and Dee.And I was just thinking about the 911 call on the 23rd...was it connected,or was it truly just a mistake?

It really is.

DOI, page 101 (pb)

"During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery."

Does anyone here happen to know where the theory that FW was the one who made the 911 call came from? I know Patsy, ever vague, indicated it was FW, but she doesn't seem to be certain about it.

I'm a little confused. Why is she being that vague? Either the call was dialed while FW was using the phone, or someone else made the call and hung up at another time. It would be easy enough to figure out when calls were being made, especially if long distance was used.

Patsy also makes it sound as if the police used the phone to respond, rather than came to the door. Why? And why would SS take it upon herself to turn the police away as if it was her house and she was the hostess? Why wouldn't she let either John or Patsy handle it?

I'm sorry, but if my daughter turned up murdered and there'd been a 911 hang up call two nights earlier at a party at my house, I would track down exactly when the call was made and figure who was where when and who made that call. Could this be part of the reason ST had so much trouble getting the phone records?

It really is.

DOI, page 101 (pb)

"During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery."

Does anyone here happen to know where the theory that FW was the one who made the 911 call came from? I know Patsy, ever vague, indicated it was FW, but she doesn't seem to be certain about it.

I'm a little confused. Why is she being that vague? Either the call was dialed while FW was using the phone, or someone else made the call and hung up at another time. It would be easy enough to figure out when calls were being made, especially if long distance was used.

Patsy also makes it sound as if the police used the phone to respond, rather than came to the door. Why? And why would SS take it upon herself to turn the police away as if it was her house and she was the hostess? Why wouldn't she let either John or Patsy handle it?

I'm sorry, but if my daughter turned up murdered and there'd been a 911 hang up call two nights earlier at a party at my house, I would track down exactly when the call was made and figure who was where when and who made that call. Could this be part of the reason ST had so much trouble getting the phone records?

It's always seemed odd to me that SS responded instead of one of the R's,and didn't even open the door at that..that would be unheard of in my book.The least she could have done is been polite and opened the door.It seems to me there was something to hide.
Could that be where JB's crying and "I don't feel pretty" comment come into play?

It's always seemed odd to me that SS responded instead of one of the R's,and didn't even open the door at that..that would be unheard of in my book.The least she could have done is been polite and opened the door.It seems to me there was something to hide.
Could that be where JB's crying and "I don't feel pretty" comment come into play?

Wasn't Grandpa Paugh at that Christmas party...I have my suspicions about him.

Wasn't Grandpa Paugh at that Christmas party...I have my suspicions about him.

he was,me too.he left for Atlanta on stand-by to spend xmas there.which is odd,b/c I would think if he really wanted to be sure to be there for xmas,he would have already have had it planned,no stand-by needed.and then when JB is killed..neither him nor Patsy's mom come to Boulder to be with her..

he was,me too.he left for Atlanta on stand-by to spend xmas there.which is odd,b/c I would think if he really wanted to be sure to be there for xmas,he would have already have had it planned,no stand-by needed.and then when JB is killed..neither him nor Patsy's mom come to Boulder to be with her..

Yeah, that was pretty weird. They didn't even make a public statement or anything...not even a plea for the murderer to be found, etc.

Amazing work, Ames.

Just when I think this case can't get any more complicated, something like this pops up!

If there were two different pictures, the first one really couldn't be an inappropriate one of JBR, could it? I mean, given the autopsy etc. an inappropriate pic on the R's camera would have to have been followed up, right?

As far as the notepad discussion, it just seems weird. Where on earth could the notepad be that would have the police asking questions? PR definitely downplays it, saying they were all over the house etc., but I get the impression from the questions that the pad turned up someplace really weird, like the basement or maybe even a bathroom. But why would somebody take a picture in the bathroom????

This case is maddening!

OT, but funny--my husband bought a set of the first two seasons of "Moonlighting" (remember that show?). There's an episode called "The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice" which centers around an unsolved murder that took place back in the 1940s in a nightclub, and Maddie is convinced the wife was innocent but her lover was guilty, while David is equally convinced that the lover was innocent and the wife responsible for killing her husband. (Since both were executed no one ever knows the truth.)

But each one dreams themselves back in time, Maddie taking the part of the "innocent" wife in her scenario, David taking the part of the "innocent" lover in his scenario. In between the dreams, after Maddie wakes up from hers, she calls David angrily to tell him he's still wrong: and David wakes up and answers the phone wearing a tank top with the letters SB"V"C on it!

My poor husband had no idea why I was freaking out, lol!

I've thought a lot about that simple little sentence, and tried to imagine a pretty 6 year old girl, who had been primped and pimped to make her a 22-year old's beauty ideal. I can imagine someone molesting her, and her asking why they were "doing that". And the molester says "Because you're so PRETTY". And later a visibly upset JBR says "I don't FEEL pretty". Makes sense to me.

I've thought a lot about that simple little sentence, and tried to imagine a pretty 6 year old girl, who had been primped and pimped to make her a 22-year old's beauty ideal. I can imagine someone molesting her, and her asking why they were "doing that". And the molester says "Because you're so PRETTY". And later a visibly upset JBR says "I don't FEEL pretty". Makes sense to me.

I still get a bad feeling about Grandpa Paugh...he was at that party, where JB said that she didn't feel pretty. I have never even seen a picture of him, but from just what I have read...he seems odd to me. Calling all posters....who is it that JB said that too???

I still get a bad feeling about Grandpa Paugh...he was at that party, where JB said that she didn't feel pretty. I have never even seen a picture of him, but from just what I have read...he seems odd to me. Calling all posters....who is it that JB said that too???

I'm pretty sure it was Santa Bill's wife,Janet McReynolds.

It does.My thought is that someone had too much to drink at the party that night,and they got nervy and tried to molest her while the party was still going on.And then perhaps JB dialed 911.SS gets wind of something amiss at some point b/f LE arrives (not that she may exactly know what's going on,just that the R's have asked her to answer via intercom only, and shoo away LE,should they act on the call,even though nothing was said).JB is crying and upset,and they don't want LE to know it.
Daddy Paugh not showing up in Boulder to comfort Patsy...I think that fits in w. him possibly molesting her.why else would he want to stay away??? he knew an autopsy would be done and q's would be asked.
and Nedra doesn't come to Boulder either....was she aware of something amiss and didn't want to risk coming and having LE question her???

Yes, they may have wanted to ask Nedra about her daughter's childhood relationships with daddy.

DeeDee249,

JonBenet may have been molested by more than one person, particularly chronically.

Her pageant activities are what would give another molester access to her, I suspect this was all overwhelming JonBenet emotionally, finding an outward expression in her toileting problems.

THAT is one of the big mysteries of this case.

Squishified,

It is more likely to be connected than not, particularly if JonBenet's killer was angry with JonBenet for nearly going public?

Also if Fleet White mis-dialled why did Susan Stine answer to the police and not Fleet White, something like, Hello officer, sorry for the mixup, but I dialled 911 by mistake, hope it has not put you out

Fleet White may have dialled out, Fleet White may have mis-dialled, but this not mean he was the one to dial 911?

It may have been an adult who dialled 911, knowing JonBenet had been abused, it may have been Susan Stine herself, and thats why she was the one to answer the door, by then peer pressure had persuaded her to allow the matter to be dealt with privately?

If you accept JonBenet was part of a dysfunctional family, to the extent JonBenet seemed not to have developed a sense of her own personal boundaries e.g. asking non-family members to wipe her down, then other families may be involved, even if only to the extent that they recognized JonBenet was displaying immature behaviour which may have a negative impact upon them?

Hi Tea,
In her interview though, they never said what the picture was of, and I believe that her reaction wasn't one of someone that had just been shown a picture of a scarf in the butler kitchen area. (I could be wrong though).

John took pictures Christmas morning of JB, Burke and Patsy. The pictures of the scarf, wet bar and table were the last pictures taken. John wanted to finish the roll so he snapped a few pictures while standing in the hallway, capturing both the scarf and the note-pad.

So we have a questionable picture on one frame, followed by Christmas morning pictures of Burke and JonBenet, JonBenet and Patsy, etc.. John decides to finish the roll by snapping randomly.

Okay folks....what is Johns hurry in finishing the roll of film???? There were xtra frames in that roll for more snapshots. Why didn't they take the camera to Charlevoix and get pics of all the kids, including the older ones????

John took pictures Christmas morning of JB, Burke and Patsy. The pictures of the scarf, wet bar and table were the last pictures taken. John wanted to finish the roll so he snapped a few pictures while standing in the hallway, capturing both the scarf and the note-pad.

So we have a questionable picture on one frame, followed by Christmas morning pictures of Burke and JonBenet, JonBenet and Patsy, etc.. John decides to finish the roll by snapping randomly.

Okay folks....what is Johns hurry in finishing the roll of film???? There were xtra frames in that roll for more snapshots. Why didn't they take the camera to Charlevoix and get pics of all the kids, including the older ones????

my thought is that he's not taking it to a lab...he's taking it to someone he knows and trusts to have it developed.

Didn't ANYONE discussing this with PR understand that pictures appearing on on the roll before Christmas morning were taken BEFORE Christmas morning and therefore before the murder and "intruder"? And yet AGAIN PR gets away with saying "I don't know who would have taken a picture like that?" implying that someone ELSE (meaning not an R ) did. Was the camera dusted for prints? because if only PR's or JR's prints were on it, then PR would have her answer of just WHO would take a picture like that.

Didn't ANYONE discussing this with PR understand that pictures appearing on on the roll before Christmas morning were taken BEFORE Christmas morning and therefore before the murder and "intruder"? And yet AGAIN PR gets away with saying "I don't know who would have taken a picture like that?" implying that someone ELSE (meaning not an R ) did. Was the camera dusted for prints? because if only PR's or JR's prints were on it, then PR would have her answer of just WHO would take a picture like that.

I wondered about that, too! But then again, this is where tone of voice, facial expression, etc. can convey so much. Did PR make it seem like maybe one or the other of the kids had picked up the camera and taken odd pictures of nothing in particular? Some young cousins of mine once ran around with a Polaroid (the film was expensive back then) and took shots of my gran's house that were just silly. Maybe PR tried to indicate that while someone (the kids, LHP, some of the kids at the party) might have taken those pics, perfectly innocently, of course she wouldn't (batting the eyelashes all the time, I don't wonder).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back