Cindy & George on TODAY SHOW 10/22/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CA reminds me of many parents I have known who routinely protect their children and refuse to admit that the child could do anything wrong. A great example are dear family friends of ours who are the nicest, sweetest people on the world - always there for you in times of trouble and always there to share a laugh and a good time as well. I love them like family. But, they raised their children with blinders on. For example, the younger one terrorized the neighborhood. But his parents rarely believed he did it and rarely held him accountable. One day, I was in my bedroom and heard a thump and saw a BB hole in my window. I had seen little Johnny with a BB gun earlier in the day, so I told his mom that I thought he had done it. (They lived next door). Her reaction? "Oh, but he doesn't have a BB gun anymore. His dad got rid of it." When I told her I saw the kid with the gun earlier, she asked him, "Did you shoot the BB into her window?" "No." "Well, he says no and my son does not lie." I showed her the hole and it was obvious that it would have come from the window across the wall. But, mom said, "Well, that really does not look like a BB hole." It wasn't until I found the spent BB casing and dad matched it up to the BB's he found in Johnny's room, that they paid for the window. This went on over the years. Little Johnny loved to vandalize, start fires and torture small creatures. He had a cactus plant with bugs impaled on each needle. But mom always defended him. "It wasn't him!" Or, "They have a vendetta against him at the school. They blame him for everything." I will adm it that eventually, the kid did get blamed for everything, even if he did not do it, but I understood why. The kid put a hose through his other neighbor's mail slot causing $11,000.00 in water damage. He next slashed another neighbor's tires and lacquered the car. I saw his father out there cleaning up the lacquer, not the kid. We believe he killed a neighbor's kitten because he was playing with the cat, the neighbor went in the house for a minute and came back out. Johnny was gone and the kitten was in death throes on the lawn. We always worried how this kid would turn out. He is very smart and I feared he’d become a serial killer or something. Luckily, I think he has turned out halfway decent. He does not do much with his life but besides being sued for vandalism before he turned 18, he has not had legal trouble and at my father's funeral not too long ago, he cried like a baby so I really feel he has some heart. The older boy was always the sweeter one but also never held accountable. He ended up in jail for burglary. Parents like these do not realize the harm they cause by constantly defending, protecting, denying. They do not realize what the effect of their actions could be. Think Scott Peterson, the golden boy who could do no wrong. I read a new book about that case and read how his mother was on tape actively trying to get Scott to keep quiet and hide anything he knew, before he was arrested. They even had a tip-line which, when cops called in false tips that pointed to Scott’s guilt to see what would happened, they threw those tips out and never divulged them to LE. I think these parents know what their children do but have a tribal mentality of complete loyalty and an unwavering belief that their kids are better than others and that nothing their kids do is without excuse. I feel that this attitude, in part, helped create casey and the situation we are now faced with. (Personality disorder on the part of CA, including a very controlling nature may explain some of the rest). I also feel that this adds to their need to deny the tragedy that most feel occurred. (I think an understandable inability to face the horror of it plays a part as well). In any event, I have always felt the Anthony family is an odd family and that as a family, they played a part in how casey came to murder her own daughter. But, I think casey alone is legally and morally responsible and I feel for GA and CA because regardless of what they created, they did not foresee nor do they deserve, the loss of their precious grandbaby. As for those who are incensed that they do not force the truth out of casey, I do not believe for a minute that casey would ever, ever, ever tell them the truth, even if they stopped the B.S. and told her they did not believe her. casey knows what is at stake. She's cold and calculating and I don't think anything her family had to say would move her.
Nevertheless, I also understand why some are so aggravated by these people. They make such outrageous claims in what seems to be an arrogant, angry manner, sort of daring anyone to not agree. Regardless, in the end, they have mostly done what is right when it comes to their dealings with LE. Remember, it was CA that called LE and asked that her daughter be arrested. She is the one who said that something was wrong and that the car smelled like death. She also told casey that she did not know what her involvement was and that casey alone was to blame for being in jail due to all the lies she told. And, GA testified in the GJ against his daughter. I, too, become very annoyed with this family and the ludicrous statements they make in an outraged manner. But, I feel that in the end, their overall conduct has not made a difference in the quest for the truth about Caylee and actually has helped lead to the charges against their kid. I am going to try hard to balance the effect of their conduct with the fact that these people are also victims. And so, I’m going to try hard to have compassion for them. I think it is the right thing to do.

Did anyone catch Inside Edition? Apparently the A's were on tonight...

I just watched Prime News with Mike Gelagos..CNN..the psychologist and LE officer on the show both discussed the show. Hands down they say that the Anthony's now know their granddaughter is deceased and this is all part of defense strategy. Whatever grieving they are doing for Caylee will have to be in private because now to the public, she is alive until after the trial as far as the defense and the A's are concerned. That would explain the attitude towards TES..He could ruin the whole defense.!

I knew that just *had* to happen. I was pondering the People Magazine cover recently, and wondered where they got the picture. And if they paid for it, and how much. Maybe this is really that betrayal that CA was talking about.

I'm assuming the released evidentiary photographs are in the public domain, and are the ones people should be using.

Did anyone catch Inside Edition? Apparently the A's were on tonight...

I wonder how much they are getting paid to do that show.

If you go to the Inside Edition website, they have a transcript of the show. Just more of the same stuff, blaming LE for KC not being able to get a fair trial, and they state that there is no division between C&G. Also, claiming they are looking for Caylee. (yeah right) same old stuff.

She is going to have a lot more guilt when these lies don't work and by having stuck to them they put that needle in KC's arm.

If she had insisted KC tell the truth in the beginning, I am convinced KC would have been able to just have been charged with manslaughter (maybe even involuntary) and been out of jail in a few years. The way it is now they HAVE to stick to that lie and because of it she will most likely get the DP and life in prison if she is lucky.

CA SHOULD be full of guilt at this point.
IMO, she is the one who got KC charged with a capital crime.

I respectfully suggest that as an adult, Casey is choosing to continue to tell lies and Cindy is no more responsible for those continued lies than I am. However, enabling her by telling lies of her own to cover up holes in the lies Casey tells is directly on her.

And Ostrich (I can't recall your full SN, I apologize): Cindy as a grandmother is allowed whatever emotions she expresses, however she might express them. I believe that she is overcompensating for the lack of emotion from Casey, continuing the enmeshed dance they have always had between the two of them. Emotions are not exclusive property to these two.

carry on.

I wish Meredith would have asked them that if Caylee is still alive, why did their daughter lie to le about everything they asked her when they tried to find Caylee?

But she didn't. This is the type of questioning that leaves them in complete denial.

Any organization (KF) that goes along with this is just feeding the denial.

It's unfortunate but it happens.

IMO

Meredith either didn't do her homework or backed down on the "big" questions here . Lemme at em i say ~:chicken:

IE

Who's body was in trunk ,?

Why did your" grieving","good mom" of a daughter party hard those early days of Caylee's dissapperance?--

stuff like that~

Sorry I forgot the postors hat, but i totallly agree CA's knee look like McCain's face--- so glad others saw this too, thought i'd forgot my effexor there a minute.:crazy:

Could they possibly all be chomping on nicotine replacement gum to get them through an interview without lighting up. In spite of LA's assertion to explain away the donated stuffed animal dumping that they had "a non-smoking home", maybe this is just another lie.

That really is a possibility, but, they could have at least spit the gum out long enough for the interview.

They say they're clinging to the belief their nightmare will end one day. "I believe she's out there and I believe we're going to find her," says Cindy. "If Caylee's out there and we're not looking for her, we are not doing her justice or for any other child out there."

Snipped from the Inside Edition Interview.

"IF" Caylee's out there........hmmmm

This is what I don't understand--you are on the Today Show receiving national coverage--you have just established a tip line--and you don't mention the number? You don't say "we just established a tip line..blah blah" as CA did. You say: We just established a tip line and the number to call is : whatever! You ask for a pix to be shown so you can say "if anyone out there sees her call 1-800-tips4caylee? You make a plea for her safe return. If their focus is on finding her as opposed to defending their daughter--why didn't they use this interview to try to find her?

Options? speaking of options Casey said " I'm scared because I'm running out of options" during her interview with LE.

KC knew that the walls were closing in, that she was running out of time and the game was almost up! She played on with the lies though about Zanny and the abduction to buy more time, more time to think.

There were times during the LE interview at Universal that I felt KC was saying more than was heard and could have been pressed harder, but LE filled in the gaps and gave her precious time to recover her composure.

On July 15 when KC is home with LA she is starting to open up and talk about being a bad mother, spiteful and, thought it was coming to an end. It was time. She wanted to be stopped, not enabled further. Some recriminations.

When CA came in and said, "who took her" KC snapped into Zanny kidnap mode and ran with it, using it again with LE. It was working for now with LE and CA and she had nothing else, nothing better.

The combined A family and JB posture has been to shield KC and enable her, once again, with the kidnap theory and she is just running with it and playing it for all it is worth -- for as long as she can -- to buy more time. Till tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe, as the psychoanalyst's report, this quiet time in jail will allow her to reflect, realize, become depressed at the time she personally faces in jail before trial and, maybe seek a deal -- if JB allows. A way out.

Up until now she has been going with the flow, dragged along on a wild ride that seemed to be working for her -- now she has time to think about this. Does she really want to gamble everything on multiple technicalities in diverse forensics or a well-intended juror(s) or -- call it.

High stakes. High price. A matter of life or death.

****PROOF THE ANTHONY'S WHERE PAID FOR THIS INTERVIEW--NBC ADMITTED TO BUYING PHOTO'S IN EXCHANGE FOR THE INTERVIEW*****

NBC News just confirmed it paid a "nominal" fee for photographs as part of its coverage of the Casey Anthony case. A spokeswoman said in an e-mail: "NBC News does not pay for interviews. NBC News paid a nominal licensing fee for photos, which is standard in the industry." When we asked Anthony's spokesman, Larry Garrison, if any member of the Anthony family has received compensation from news or entertainment organizations.

Garrison replied via e-mail, "No family member is receiving money for interviews."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-102208,0,4898178.story

There were times during the LE interview at Universal that I felt KC was saying more than was heard and could have been pressed harder, but LE filled in the gaps and gave her precious time to recover her composure.

I agree, I felt like she would have said alot more but they kept interupting her it frustrated me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back