Cindy lost it again today?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is they are not a threat to themselves or other people. They just die...........

In mental illness they can become a threat to themselves and others rapidly and without waring. That is why the courts should either institutionalize them or make them take the meds.

You know what I think it is turbo? In TRUE mental illness they are not "choosing" it. They are overcome by it, and have no power over it. I think in those cases, you get someone like Andrea Yates. In Cindy's case, I honestly believe it is all evolving from her conscious choices that she is making, and she chooses the drama, she chooses the fight, she chooses the chaos, she is CHOOSING to lose her mind, and it is working very effectively. BUT it is not something that she has no control over. She is in command of it, and could stop it if she CHOSE to do so. She does not choose this. She chooses for it to go on and on and for the rabbit hole to go deeper and deeper, and as Alice in Wonderland discovered, nothing makes any more sense once you choose to go into the rabbit hole and go through the little narrow doorway which leads to insanity. This is not something meds could cure. This is something that only Cindy herself can CHOOSE and so therefore does not qualify as "mentally ill". It is a chosen state in this and many cases and not an inflicted one.

I agree completely! Cindy is not to blame for whatever Casey chose to do to her child. Lots of us grow up in unstable, dysfunctional home and somehow we manage to not kill our children.

I agree with this statement 100%. We choose. We each and every one of us CHOOSE.

Actually a good point, and if the A's are so positive that Caylee is alive why haven’t they filed papers with the Court for an Emergency Custody Hearing. If I thought she was alive that is what I would havedone the minute that KC was incarcerated.

I use to be a Guardian Ad Litem, Most the cases that I dealt with were Custody Cases involving either divorce or young mothers that had the children taken away due to drugs or criminal activities and incarceration . Although I did have a few that were due to abuse of the child and they were the worst. Actually the divorce ones were pretty horrid.

I do not think that the court would appoint a Guardian to the deceased, could be wrong but I have never heard of that. I am sure that with all the advanced technology in forensics they would be able to determine whether it was Caylee or not and I cannot even imagine the A’s not giving her a proper burial. But I am also sure that anyone could come forward and offer to do so if that were to be the case.

Just a quick edit....But then again why didn't anyone ever file that paper work so that Caylee could have been recieving death benifits from her father. She is entitled to that money and it should have gone in a trust fund for future education.
Why would anyone deny her those simple rights?

Because her father is probably not dead.:eek:

If people who grow up in severe dysfunctionality should grow up and murder their children, then that would probably be at least 35% of our entire population of households with children. As of somewhere around 2012 a dysfunctional family will be the "norm" and a normal family will be the "minority". Why is this? Because the dysfunction breeds new generations who choose to remain in the dysfunctional "chain" because after all, "This is my family". And the cycle continues and grows larger until finally the mixed up families with serious issues are getting to be more prevalant than the "normal" families. It is why we are seeing these increases in these unspeakable crimes that people are committing. They are raised in it, they choose to stay in it and then they become it, but one step further gone, just a little MORE chaotic and disturbed, and before you know it, we arrive here, on this forum, discussing one of the ones that made the news. They are all around us, and we will see more and more of this, not less.

The difference is they are not a threat to themselves or other people. They just die...........

In mental illness they can become a threat to themselves and others rapidly and without waring. That is why the courts should either institutionalize them or make them take the meds.

Yeah well, here that is what we call a 'CTO', community treatment order.

Given the state of affairs in America's health system, I don't know if they set provisions for the mentally ill so I can't say too much there.

And not all people who have mental illnesses become a threat to others. :rolleyes:

Where to start???? Was away for a couple days and just caught up on the videos and news. After watching the videos of CA and GA arriving at the search site and their actions....I am still stunned but yet I really felt serious pity and empathy and actually some sympathy(mainly for CA).

I know that her actions are completely off the wall to some, but in reality her self worth and what she stands for as a Grandma and a Mother in DENIAL, are OBVIOUS. But take into consideration that no one acts in the same manner as another might, when something like this happens. She and her Husband are caught in the middle of a life and death situation(literally). To them, the hope that their Grandbaby is still alive and the hope that their Daughter has not been lying about the baby being alive are their strongest hopes and the ONLY hopes they have left. Does anyone understand that? Does anyone care to?

I know I've caught myself many times until tonight saying how she's completely lost it,she's cruel,she's mean,again lost it....etc. So yes, she's emotionally and mentally unstable by what we have viewed and read. She's a Mother and a Grandmother who's trying not to face the REALITY that her Grandbaby has not only passed, but by the hands of her own Daughter.

To each his own with the comments I might recieve about this post. I know GA and CA have made it difficult(more the latter) but I'm sure by now that many might wonder, "would I do that if something so severe were to happen to me?" or say, "Oh no! I would never act so foolishly."

People are affected differently wether it be emotionally,mentally or physically. I can see that all 3 have afffected CA. I've been affected by all 3thus being after witnessing a a suicide(post for another time as I haven't really found a place here to speak about it)and CA is acting really on her denial as I did for months afterwards. Again difference of actions varies with everyone!! Please remember that the next time anyone feels the need to trash the woman,(Believe me, I am GUILTY of it and even ranted and raved in a different thread about it!!!)try to Pray for her as you Pray for Baby Caylee!!

Ya'll take care, be good to one another, and Pray that they bring that Baby home to Rest In Peace soon!!!:beats::crossfingers:

I dont believe CA is mentally ill. But I will say in the last couple of times I have seen her on TV, she is looking really bad. In the beginning whenever I saw her I thought, she looked made up and coiffed. Which I thought was interesting since a baby was missing. I couldnt imagine I would care about my hair or makeup and my eyes would be really puffy and red constantly.

I wonder if LE finally sat her down and showed her the actual evidence (that we have yet to see) and said.. look, Caylee is gone... Now she is crushing under the weight of the facts from LE and the defense team telling her she has to keep up denial to save KC.

So you believe the mentally disturbed (or ill depending on your level of political correctness) should be allowed to do as they please? I would think that the events that have ocurred over the last 50-60 years would more than shore up that line of thinking. School shootings, bombings, mass murders, kidnappings, so on and so forth. I wholeheartedly believe that those who are incapable and unwilling to help themselves need it forced upon them in the preservation of society and the innocent.

So you believe the mentally disturbed (or ill depending on your level of political correctness) should be allowed to do as they please? I would think that the events that have ocurred over the last 50-60 years would more than shore up that line of thinking. School shootings, bombings, mass murders, kidnappings, so on and so forth. I wholeheartedly believe that those who are incapable and unwilling to help themselves need it forced upon them in the preservation of society and the innocent.

My Son has a mental disability I would never call him disturbed.

<<snipped>>

Hmmm. I'm liking that idea. Poor baby Caylee needs someone to have custody of her. Someone will have to have custody of her remains to have them properly buried. Legal eagles? Would Caylee have to be presumed alive for someone not incarcerated to obtain custody? And wouldn't the incarceration alone be enough to have the custody order entered? And, most importantly, how might that impact the prosecution's case?

Again my thoughts are that "THEY" believe Caylee is alive so WHY is it that they are not trying to get a Custody hearing? And just another thought....Even if they feel that KC will be released if Caylee is found there is still the issue that DCF will re-open the investigation into "Custody" for not reporting her missing for 31 days and Custody will be an issue for KC and she also is facing Fraud charges as well and still looking at time in prison.
If it's all about Caylee to them, I would think they would be wanting Custody if they TRULY believe she is alive.

Umm, yes, I think the mentally ill should be able to go through life without being stuck in psych wards having meds forced upon them. My son would be in pretty bad shape if I had to live in a nuthouse rather than being at home being a mother to him. Millions of people (In the USA it is something like 1 in every 4 people) have a diagnosed mental illness and are never a danger to others. 2.2 million people in America have Schizophrenia alone. (http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm). How many do you know that are violent? What I find to be disturbing is your mind-set in regard to the mentally ill and their human rights!

It is a myth built on ignorance, misconception and disgusting stereotyping that the mentally ill are more dangerous than the rest of society. Something is wrong with a society that expects our mental health policies to be built around the small number of mentally ill who are a danger. Perhaps we should medicate and lock up blonde women because some other blondes are murderers, Just in case?

Hell, why your at it, why not suggest we treat all of the mentally ill to lobotomies and shock treatment because Andrea Yates murdered her children. Goodness, we can't take the chance of something like that happening again, let's just turn 'em all into zombies! LOOK at the number of women who have murdered their children and then look at how many of them had a documented mental illness. There are far more "normal" mothers that kill than there are mentally ill ones. Same goes for other violent crimes... there are far more "normal" people serving time for violence than mentally ill ones. Only a very small sub-group of the mentally ill are ever a danger to others. We are far more dangerous to ourselves than to anyone else!

Now, if a person with a mental illness also happens to be a danger to society, of course they should be locked up!

Umm, yes, I think the mentally ill should be able to go through life without being stuck in psych wards having meds forced upon them. My son would be in pretty bad shape if I had to live in a nuthouse rather than being at home being a mother to him. Millions of people (In the USA it is something like 1 in every 4 people) have a diagnosed mental illness and are never a danger to others. 2.2 million people in America have Schizophrenia alone. (http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm). How many do you know that are violent? What I find to be disturbing is your mind-set in regard to the mentally ill and their human rights!

It is a myth built on ignorance, misconception and disgusting stereotyping that the mentally ill are more dangerous than the rest of society. Something is wrong with a society that expects our mental health policies to be built around the small number of mentally ill who are a danger. Perhaps we should medicate and lock up blonde women because some other blondes are murderers, Just in case?

Hell, why your at it, why not suggest we treat all of the mentally ill to lobotomies and shock treatment because Andrea Yates murdered her children. Goodness, we can't take the chance of something like that happening again, let's just turn 'em all into zombies! LOOK at the number of women who have murdered their children and then look at how many of them had a documented mental illness. There are far more "normal" mothers that kill than there are mentally ill ones. Same goes for other violent crimes... there are far more "normal" people serving time for violence than mentally ill ones. Only a very small sub-group of the mentally ill are ever a danger to others. We are far more dangerous to ourselves than to anyone else!

Now, if a person with a mental illness also happens to be a danger to society, of course they should be locked up!

yes, you nailed it pretty good there. :)

we are finding more and more out about these type ofs illnesses..

i have been saying we should not refer to it as mental illness but we should refer to it as physical illness as THAT is what it is.......

:)

I love your post thank you so much !:thumb::smoochiesmilie:

My Son has a mental disability I would never call him disturbed.

Thank you both....:blowkiss: As a mother to a son with a mental disability, I get tired of fighting the stigma that comes attached. :mad:

IMHO, Cindy is not mentally ill.

The fact also is that mental illness isn't diagnosed like a sprained ankle. The medications are usually experimental and the doctors and psychiatrists can only guess the problem. I was diagnosed as having mild bipolar disorder and ADHD which really surfaced on a very stressful job.

My first medication given was a very high dose of Adderall. This made me very snappy with people and not sleep for days and sometimes weeks. The psychiatrist wouldn't take me off it or try anything else. I stopped that on my own and told him I would be insane if I kept doing it his way and refused any more Adderall. I would hate to think of being locked in a cell hyped up on that for two years!

That is what is tricky with meds. They can make a depressed person emotionless. Make a loony happy person miserable and every person is different in their reactions to a particular drug.

I was much more stable medication free than screaming and cursing at people because I hadn't slept in a week. I finally changed doctors and was put on some light medication that actually worked. The stressful job seemed much easier. :D

One of my best friends on this planet is schizophrenic. When he is out of medication he is not dangerous. He is afraid to go outside and thinks his parents try to poison him and throws everything in his refrigerator away because he thinks all of it has been poisoned. He sits in the corner and cries because he is afraid. That isn't dangerous, that is sad. :(

i have some disorder, i dont know what you call it it

but it has something to do with hating people that protect people that kill 2 year old young girls

"Robotitis"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member