Closing Arguments- thread #172

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Juan was talking about Travis standing at the sink and Jodi whacking him in the back of the head causing blood to sputter out of his mouth and talking about him sliding down the hall trying to get away and falling to the ground as Jodi chased him, that was so powerful. He really painted the picture of what really happened that day. A poster last night said it well, the blood tells a story and Juan told it perfectly. So sad. If I was a juror I would have had to try very hard to hold back tears hearing what Travis really went through.

JM did an amazing job. It was brilliant to walk the jury through the thought process they would need to find JA guilty of first degree murder.

Tomorrow we have closing arguments from the DT. Is it capped at 5 hours?

Then does it go to the jury? Will they work through the weekend?

Non-scientific poll

I want to know who plans on watching the defense closing?

Like this post if you ARE NOT going to watch.

I posted another comment above, like that post if you ARE going to watch.

Only like one. I will send a local hoard of skateboarders with screwdrivers after you if you like both posts!

I'm going to have it on in the background... I will not be glued and hanging on every word like I was today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josie: I am right behind you! I was watching azcentral and it was terrible coverage and I missed a lot.

FYI.....

I have watched the live streaming on the following site... and have had very good luck with it...

Crime and Courts News Facebook.....

Go to April 3rd... they have a link for livestreaming...Jodi Arias Trial...

Hope this helps for anyone who is having trouble getting a feed that works well... :seeya:

JMO

what's her name did the opening (I will not say her name as I have nothing nice to say about her.. esp after yesterday and seeing her note passing and looks today.. I am disgusted on a personal level)

Careful, you don't want a TO. :floorlaugh:

That was for the gun firsters, just in case. The point is that no matter WHAT, it's first degree. He covered every possible circumstance.

See? This is what Jodi never expected. She never thought there would be any man who could outsmart her.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Jodi.

Bet she wishes now she'd gone to work that night.

:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

I am glad someone else has noticed this gross tongue maneuver. I have two thoughts: Some of her psych meds could be causing a side effect of tongue thrusting or.....I think when someone is talking about sex or she is thinking about sex she uses her tongue on her lips to self stimulate.
Either way - SUPER GROSS. You guys are spot on about her looking more evil every day.
:hot:

BBM
I have a theory on that. I think as more and more of her ugly sneaky evil side is/has become public, it's also coming out and showing in her appearance.

I'm not an easy crier, so why am I out of Kleenex? Juan has just set the standards to the moon (no Alice pun) for any attorney on this planet. Very hard night HLN behind over 4 hrs, then this emotional closing, I'm spent. His poor, poor, family.

Wow, powerful. I applauded Juan, literally. Blew out my "Travis Candle" that I light each day of trial and exhaled. It's going to be OK.

Also, and I hope it's OK to post this here, let's not forget the other amazing man. The one who spoke for Travis before the trial. The one who heard all of the things Travis was saying through evidence. The one who would NOT be manipulated by Jodi. One of the reasons why Travis will get justice.

During Closing...
9l8rd3.jpg

What a wonderful day. Thank you Juan and Esteban. :hug:

Well, the way JM described it, anyone who murders some inside the victim's home (i.e., and thus remains there without the victim's consent) has committed felony murder. I don't think that's true.

I'm sure Juan knows what the law is and what it means. I do think that's true though based on what I have seen in other trials.

ahhhhhh okkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyyy (just kidding sort of)

I think I will see you guys on monday then (or maybe tuesday?)

j/k

:floorlaugh: Exactly why I'm skipping it - I think. It's fun to look for points that Juan will call them on - and with Nurmi, there's lots of time to think those points over.

Well, the way JM described it, anyone who murders some inside the victim's home (i.e., and thus remains there without the victim's consent) has committed felony murder. I don't think that's true.

That is pretty much true in Arizona.

If I don't have to listen to Willmott again and she has been silenced for the remainder of this trial then that itself is a cause for smiles!

which is the lesser of 2 evils? after 18 days of nurmi with arias I think I have brain damage (to my hippocampus nonetheless)

JW and JA looked really broken at the end. Did you notice that JW just stopped taking notes and just stared over at the jury? She looked like she aged 20 years right before our eyes. It was strange.
Did she really stop taking notes? I'm, going to have to re-watch.

Thinking here: Jennifer and Kurt would have to be essentially intellectually impaired to a degree, to not see just how guilty she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves