Closing arguments- thread #174

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The major argument against juror questions is that many courts feels it puts the burden of proof on the jurors and takes it away from the prosecution. The jurors become active "solvers" rather than "evaluators" of presented evidence. If the burden of proof is on the prosecutor it's his/her job to prove the case without help from the jury.

I personally like the juror questions but above is a big reason it doesn't happen elsewhere.

I actually think it is good for the jurors. The jurors are the triers of fact and they also carry the burden when coming to the determination of Guilt or NG. The more they know and the more their questions are answered.... the better, imo.

imo

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

The Note Taker (juror 8) is here in court in the spot where Tri Color sat, by the wall, 3rd row back.

This has to have been an incredibly difficult experience for all jurors. I imagine that many, if not all of them, may have had nightmares about this case. Hope they find peace when it is all said and done.

I wish he had been there yesterday when Juan was doing closing rather than the defense starting theirs. jmo

Here and accounted for!
Interesting convo last night on the previous thread, I guess a few of us had our brains going in overdrive......

:seeya:peeking in from work!

It is 12:01. I thought the Judge says will be starting PROMPTLY today? :floorlaugh:

This is going to be a tuff day peeps. The closing argument by the defense is not going to sit well with many people. Please remember:

Do NOT call names or otherwise bash the defense team.

NO OFF COLOR OR SEXUAL JOKES PLEASE- which would include sexual innuendo using the word '*advertiser censored*' and restroom humor

if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

We have all made it this far and we're very near the end. Don't jeopardize your posting privileges even for 24 hours at this late date.

TIA for your cooperation
fran

< picks up creepy little prisoner pencil ... writes this on sticky .... sticks to forehead.

:angel:

Good news is JA won't laugh or smile or draw much today ... Just gonna plaster that me so victim look all day.

Here's hoping Nurmi is done quicky so JM can get up and the jury can get the case today.

This is going to be one of the most difficult days of the trial for the family. I'm glad Katiecoolady can be there for them today. I don't know how they're going to do it. :(

My prayers are with Travis' family and Katiecoolady to give them strength and know they're doing this for Travis.

You can almost physically feel how close justice is for Travis and his family.

fran
It's amazing just how the live angels are taking care of the family down there in AZ, in and out of the courtroom.

:grouphug:

Prayers, Hugs and JUSTICE for the Alexander Family today.

:welcome4:
:seeya:

I imagine, much of what DT states today, will be objectionable, and I hope JM says it repeatedly throughout the closing arguments...what could they say, that wouldn't mis-state the facts in evidence, etc

2007 Ford Focus will hold 14 gal. of gas
2 (5 gal) cans hold 10 gal. gas
Max total: 24 gal.

Jodi purchased 25.255 gal. of gas in SLC per receipts and Tesoro witness.

She had 3 five gallon cans - 2 borrowed, one from Walmart, and maybe the car was not on E...

HLN better be commercial-free today too, or I am watching this elsewhere.

There are several important cases happening right now.
This one, of course.
Mark Bridger who is accused of killing sweet little April Jones in England has his trial going on now.
And, Austin Sigg has a hearing today in the horrible case of Jessica Ridgeway in Colorado.
Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else wanted to check in on those cases also.

DT will continue to utilize the "law of attraction" as their defense strategy..if they just keep thinking positive thoughts, and as you stated, just pretend like yesterday never happened, well hey, they just might have a shot :floorlaugh:

I expect it to pretty much be a re-run of the opening.

Trashing Travis again and using distracting irrelevant issues of sex and Mormonism will be brought up. Plus blessing all of their experts as being the most knowledgeable.

IMO

:yesss:

:tyou:

Hopeful One, you are seriously killing me here. Both your words and the pic you have next to your name :blushing: have convinced me I should watch it, but I'm just letting you know their closing may cause me to drink, jk. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe