Closing arguments- thread #175

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 days a week and twice on Sunday .. we knew he hated her :)

Interesting that he said that. If he was my lawyer I would be pizzed that he BEGAN my DEFENSE closing by basically distancing himself from me and excusing himself from being involved with my case.

The main reason Nurmi is not doing well in my eyes is because he has no passion for this case. Due to the FACT he does not believe a word that comes out of her mouth and can't stand to even be in the same room with her.

Blah blah blah only saying what he's required to say blah blah blah

I don't believe that. I think the reason he comes off this way is because this is who he is. Look at how he was in court. Reclined, Bored, He just does not have passion for anything. He has no passion today in this closing.. As much as I don't like Wilmott, I think she would have made a more effective closing.

KN says, if you spent 2 years trying to think up a lie, wouldn't you think she could come up with a better lie than this, and Jodi looks pizzed.

:floorlaugh: I know, the worst possible defense -- "If she was going to make it up, don't you think she'd make up a better story?" Well .... actually... no, not necessarily, because the logical counterargument is -- maybe she just didn't think this thing all the way through, because she's not as smart as she thinks she is! Whoops!

so we should forgive Jodi because her lies were disproven and sucked, therefore we can assume that she's telling the truth? riiiiight

feel like I may need to walk away from the pc before I blast Nurmi lol

(((((((((((Websleuth Posters))))))))))). I want to thank all of you for having the courage today and post your observations for others. I just couldn't watch them VICTIMIZE Travis one more time. I am sending my thoughts and prayers out into the universe for the Alexander family today. Their strength, dignity, and courage is so incredible.

I just rewatched all of Juan's closing. If you can't stand to watch another minute of Nurmi, I recommend you do the same.

Kinda like Mark Geragos starting his Closing in Scott Peterson's trial with "Do you hate him?!"

And calling SP something like a "14-karat a_ _ %&$*"
And look how well that worked out for Scott Peterson!!!

Interesting that he said that. If he was my lawyer I would be pizzed that he BEGAN my DEFENSE closing by basically distancing himself from me and excusing himself from being involved with my case.

I think he did it because Jose Baez kind of did the same thing with CA. I think he thought it would be effective but I think that her laughing like that, Comes off bad.

Only one person was getting out alive ...

Hmmm.. Was it gonna be the naked wet guy who had no idea what was coming?

Or the girl with a plan, a gun and a knife.

Genuis.

I noticed when he said that, that Juan started to write something down too.

Judge said it wraps up today when she gave a timeline. Anyone really think Nurmi will finish today so Juan can get his last words in?
Yes, especially if there is a 5 hour time limit as has been suggested. Nurmi has been talking for almost three hours minus the morning break.

Hey everyone - What are your favorite testimony one liners?

Here's my top 3 favorites:

1) DeMarte: That would fall under the category of something bad (re: having killed someone)

2) Martinez: Well, it's YOUR fogggg!!!! (duh)

...and my all time favorite, spit my coffee out...
3) Dr. Horn (performed the autopsy): I WOULD HOPE SO
(when asked by jury if 100% of people with frontal lobe injuries are deceased when he examines them)

All I can say for sure is that I'm pretty comfortable knowing this jury is no Pinellis 12.

No matter what happens, they are not the same calibur. That makes me feel less helpless than I already feel.

I so agree. I do think that the fact that this jury is not sequested makes a big difference too......they haven't lost their minds.

Who said he was ever asleep.
If he was asleep maybe the sound of someone screaming for their lives or the loud bang from a gun shot might wake up the room mates don't ya think.
She couldn't guarantee that she could kill him with one stab and she was right.

There's no evidence beyond her word that he was asleep during the time that Jodi was there. Recall that by her own admission, Travis wanted sex when she showed up. Must not have been very tired.

Is JM taking notes? Or just taking it all in?

Some notes here and there and a few convos with Flores. Did see him flsh a smile to Flores in one of their exchanges. Otherwise watching and listening rather intently.

Nurmi: 9 out 10 days I don't like Jodi.

That what uncalled for !
:floorlaugh:

Nurmi distancing himself from his GUILTY client and self promoting all wrapped into one. :seeya:

I

Interesting point! On HLN the commentator is wearing a dark blue shirt and the lawyer is wearing a dark blue tie!

:rockon::rockon:

Nurmi's shirt and tie look very purple on my t.v. Is it blue? ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members