CNN News 1/1/09 (Videos Of Show Included)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the question is how does LP get from a filming of where the body IS NOT, to the A's knew her body was there? :waitasec:

LOL same way he got to "The body was put in a dumpster" "She drowned and Casey scooped her up out of the pool with a shovel" and other great LP theories.

T. Miller appears to trust MN which I didn't understand right away. He does seem to have distanced himself at the right time from the A fam. Maybe he is acting on ethics which, in this case, are far and few between of the people who seem to have any!

I thought that LE took out trash bags and duct tape from the A fam home in the intial SWs? Am I mistaken on those points?

:waitasec: I don't remember that. But given the amount I have read, I am sure I forgot something. I think it would still be unlikey the same trash bags were in the house from the initial SWs.

I thought it would be unlikely that they would still have the duct tape and trash bags (especially the trash bags) after 6 months, TBO. I kept thinking every time I need those things, I can't find it (and especially with the duct tape) or I have left it at someone else's house and need to buy it new. As far as trash bags go, I buy new bags every month. So the odds that both would have been there after all this time would be slim to none. Perhaps they looked for things around the house that had duct tape on them to fix them? That would certainly explain why the house was so ransacked. . .

You know I just can't imagine the As knowing their granddaughter was there and not wanting to bury her or be able to act like she was still alive. I can see them lying to LE about things because in their head they are trying to "pin" it on KC. But moving the body or even knowing its there is a streach for me.

People hire them cause they show up on talk shows and give opinions and look like they know what they are talking about. The talk show host doesn't say "Hey, remember that case you lost or when is the last time you won a case?" Look at how GR is sucking up tp JB! Anyone who is not really following this case might look at that and think "Hm-GR seems to like him maybe this guy is good?":bang:

What idiots if true, IMO. What kind of moron doesn't look up a lawyer before they hire them, especially for a murder case?! LOL

According to JB, DC was not working for him at the time. DC was working for the A's since October. So again, why was DC at a location a live Caylee would not be at, while at the same time telling the public and the A's he was chasing down solid leads as to where a live Caylee was?

There is no good reason. :)

Bold by me. It would not make sense for Baez to do that. It would make sense for a moral person to do that, someone with a conscience, someone who tries very hard to do what's right, someone like... oh, say, Nejame, who was the A's attorney at that time, and quit shortly afterward...

interesting...

and let's say that that someone like Nejame, well, this would continue to prey on his mind. So maybe he would, through his vast network of contacts, arrange for someone with no connections to him, like, say... oh maybe a meter reader (who was a former bounty hunter(?))... to go back and poke around some more...

I love Nejame. He is the light of justice and truth in this dark, dark tale.

Well, I agree with you. I can see Nejame bring this to light. I just can't imagine JB would do something like that in a case that was so highly publized. He knows everyone is watching him.

The problem with this whole mess is you have LP saying he heard from someone else about this. So where is the tape. Let's see it. If it can't be produced then to me it kinda sounds like LP is trying to keep the sunsationalism going. I mean it has spurred gossip since Caylee was found. I am sure every time LP is on NG he is collecting a paycheck.[/QUOTE]

From whom?
None of the news networks pay guests for their appearances, but they do pay experts, medical or legal consultants, etc. If they paid all their guests, they would go broke in no time.
This was explained to me by someone who contacted Fox News some time ago that they do not pay for interviews or appearances, but they do pay a licensing fee for pictures or videos.
If I understand it correctly, the only way they would be paying LP is if he is a hired consultant (expert?) on the show, and has a contract to appear regularly. My question would be... what is he an expert of?

I doubt anyone pays LP to go on shows. He just seems personally invested in this case, just as many of us are. He cares.

You know I just can't imagine the As knowing their granddaughter was there and not wanting to bury her or be able to act like she was still alive. I can see them lying to LE about things because in their head they are trying to "pin" it on KC. But moving the body or even knowing its there is a streach for me.

It will be a very sad day if we find out it is the truth. I pray it is not!

Now, that's just the thing. If I need a defense attorney, I certainly am not going to use someone who loses a case as big as that. If I know I'm gonna lose, then I do the right thing and help her get in contact with Johnnie Cochran. This could very well be the end of his career. Either he's got something going on with KC or he's in it for greed. Either way, "pride comes before the fall."

I think Baez is showing himself to be an attorney who will go down fighting for "any" lie you tell no matter how implausable.

There are potential clients who might see that as a good thing.

Do any of you know if this special on CNN will be on again?

What special are you referring to? What this thread is supposed to be about is a regular news program on HLN (CNN Headline News) which is on every day. They usually do cover this case, but have other news as well. It is a one hour program and is repeated the next hour.

Anyone thought that maybe these PI guys had a police scanner and followed the responding officer back in August?

What idiots if true, IMO. What kind of moron doesn't look up a lawyer before they hire them, especially for a murder case?! LOL

Maybe the morons we're talking about here?:crazy:

Yep - Joy, 'cept now it appears her hubby John W works for Baez according to LP.

anyone know Joy's hubby's profession? He works for Baez is understood, but in what capacity? Personal Assistant, Clerk, Window washer, anyone know?

:waitasec: I don't remember that. But given the amount I have read, I am sure I forgot something. I think it would still be unlikey the same trash bags were in the house from the initial SWs.
It is why they would have taken them early on, imo. They did have the bag with the trash in it from the vehicle to try to forensically match them up which would give them probable cause to obtain them. Correct?

As nutty as he seems to be, the fact that the FBI backs him up in this particular instance is a good thing.

Do we know that to be truthful, that the FBI is backing him on this?

My parents were a lot like the Anthony's. Whenever a family member would do something wrong, even if they knew in the back of their minds that something was not right, they would defend this family member to the end. This person stole, they lied, they pinned crimes on other people. But my parents still defended this person. When this person used my information and obtained a traffic ticket and I lost my license over it, they wanted to pay the ticket and whatever to reinstate my license and defend the person who ruined my driving record. They were honestly ticked off when I went to the police and signed a warrant. I had good reason to prove I was not even on the road that day--I was giving birth to a child. They were mad at me and refused to talk to me for a while.

I maintain that they are not defending KC. They all along have been defending LA. I don't think they knew where Caylee was, but knew something was really amiss and that Lee was involved. I think LA helped KC hide evidence, not the grandparents. The 911 call from CA is telling as far as their fears were. I think they have known all along Caylee was gone (just wanting to believe KC, so still looking for her alive, because who wants to believe that their granddaughter is dead), but sometime in Oct/Nov, realized that Lee was involved in the hiding of evidence. And I think that initially, they hid evidence/destroyed evidence on KC's orders with only KC knowing what they were doing and why they were doing it. I don't think, however, that the A's are trying to defend KC. I think they are trying to defend Lee.

anyone know Joy's hubby's profession? He works for Baez is understood, but in what capacity? Personal Assistant, Clerk, Window washer, anyone know?

Body mover? :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back