CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(RSBM)

There are times when I can't shake the feeling that the fishing pole is a red herring, intentionally thrown into the mix to draw LE's (and the public's) attention to the lake and away from the actual location.

Exactly what I have thought all along. Reason for Dylan not to be where he should have been, which would have been at Dad's house upon his return.

Also, and I cannot remember, was the fishing pole a new one, a gift from his father? Thot I had read that, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

(RSBM)

There are times when I can't shake the feeling that the fishing pole is a red herring, intentionally thrown into the mix to draw LE's (and the public's) attention to the lake and away from the actual location.

The thought has also occurred to me that the fishing pole may have been brought up as an excuse, to explain why Dylan was there if our worst fears are realized and Dylan is eventually found in the lake? Not sure why, but my thoughts keep taking me back there...(jmo)

I've been taking a break, trying to get some things done. Still no new news. Sorry to hear this. I wish the LE would say something. I got to thinking why there is such a big difference in JR's case and this one. I came up with the Westminster PD (JR's case) has the most up to date equipment, they are trained in newest technologies and know that using the media and the public can assist in their investigations. I don't know what La Plata co has, but it's been really hard to get over the differences until my mom explained all of this. (She knows Trevor, the officer that did all the pressors)

Elaine looks so devastated in that video (nobody can throw stones at her about her grief, it is so obvious). It was good to see Elaine's fiance, an important person in Dylan's life talking about Dylan. My heart breaks for his family and for Dylan's friends.

So the video of Mark seems to have been from an earlier interview (maybe) and his interview was audio only. Maybe he didn't want to do a video interview, maybe he wasn't available, maybe the reporter didn't push. Just not sure what if anything to make of that.

watching that video made me cry, her grief is so obvious and devastating, I really feel for her.

Exactly what I have thought all along. Reason for Dylan not to be where he should have been, which would have been at Dad's house upon his return.

Also, and I cannot remember, was the fishing pole a new one, a gift from his father? Thot I had read that, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Wish I could give you an answer. Not sure that has been answered definitively yet, but another WS'er may know more. At one point folks here were wondering if MR might have bought the pole that night in Wal-Mart. Perhaps Dylan's brother (the one closest in age to Dylan) has told LE whether Dylan ever had his own fishing pole in the house when they were still living there.

I go back and forth on thinking that maybe MR mentioned a fishing pole to bring attention to the lake, knowing full well Dylan isn't anywhere near that lake.

I don't know how to quote more than one thing, so....

As far as talking in the past tense, it was determined very early on both ER and CR spoke of him in the past before MR. If you're keeping score there.

We don't know the context in which it was stated the pole was missing. A poster (sorry can't remember who it was) shared her experience when her child was missing and it was asked of her if anything else was missing or something along those lines. So as the police are talking with MR, they could have asked something along those lines. Again, we don't know how it was stated. Some would believe he called the cops and said his son and his fishing pole were missing. MOO

Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow

Ryan: Ok

Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why

Dylan: idk

Ryan: (time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no

Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea

Ryan: Oh ok

Dylan: can I come over early lkke 6 30 early tomarrow

Ryan: Yeah

Dylan: you better let me in

Ryan: I will

Ryan: im gonna be at my gmas

Dylan: i call (you) all day if you dont

Ryan: Ok

Dylan: will you gma care or be up

Ryan: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/-1/news01&source=RSS

Whatever benefit of the doubt I had left for MR has been obliterated by this text exchange.

the fishing pole is purely speculation

someone suggested that it might have been purchased at walmart that night, others think it is a red herring.

we really have no information about it

The article states that Dylan was the hyper one that stayed up through the night at sleep overs...
Doubt he would have overslept and not wanted to wake up to go see Ryan.

Also, dad said he was saving for Dylan's college fund? Really? You are pitching a fit about child support...and not wanting to send support to your other children...but you are saving for Dylan's college education?
OK....imo, this sounds like a load of...you know.

Saving for Dylan's college fund? Reaaaaally! :what:

Errrmmmm........IF (very important if) he had not been paying child support (apparently a long term pattern spread across two marriages and multiple children?) and IF (very important if) he were to be found in possession of some financial means (savings account, CDs, stock, annuities, whatever) how utterly embarrassing and indefensible!

Unless, of course, the sole purpose of said pot of gold was for Dylan's COLLEGE. Voila! Problem solved.

:bang head: (1st time I have EVER used this emoticon)

Wow after reading the texts and comments by Dylan's friends it's even more obvious to me that something happened Sunday night.

Wish I could give you an answer. Not sure that has been answered definitively yet, but another WS'er may know more. At one point folks here were wondering if MR might have bought the pole that night in Wal-Mart. Perhaps Dylan's brother (the one closest in age to Dylan) has told LE whether Dylan ever had his own fishing pole in the house when they were still living there.

I go back and forth on thinking that maybe MR mentioned a fishing pole to bring attention to the lake, knowing full well Dylan isn't anywhere near that lake.

Apologies for self-quoting, but the part in bold (by me) just spawned another question. Has video been released of the two leaving the Wal-Mart (or of them shopping in the store), perhaps showing what was in the cart?

I really don't see the outrage at the college fund. Those who pay child support aren't guaranteed that money actually goes to the child. It's supposed to, of course, but does it always? I know more people than not who use their child support $$ for their own purpose than their childs. MOO

Well, Dad has said a few times (please don't make me find the link) that they stopped at WalMart for food.

Wouldn't he say if he bought a new fishing pole especially since he made a big deal about criticizing law enforcement about the missing fishing pole?

Apologies for self-quoting, but the part in bold (by me) just spawned another question. Has video been released of the two leaving the Wal-Mart (or of them shopping in the store), perhaps showing what was in the cart?

No, just the still photo was released from the Walmart.

I really don't see the outrage at the college fund. Those who pay child support aren't guaranteed that money actually goes to the child. It's supposed to, of course, but does it always? I know more people than not who use their child support $$ for their own purpose than their childs. MOO

Seriously? As a custodial parent who receives a whopping $350.00 a month for my child, it doesn't even come close to what I pay each month for health care, child care, doctor visits, meds, clothing, food, school expenses, activities, etc. I know many parents who receive child support and still struggle to meet their child's needs.

I hate generalizations like that.

Is there any indication, whatsoever, anywhere that Dylan's mom was using the child support money (assuming she was even getting it) for her own needs rather than Dylan's???

For what? Paying rent? Buying food?

I wish LE would tell us the last confirmed time Dylan was seen in public, IMO if we knew that we could narrow down an area by using that with the time Dylans phone stopped pinging.

BBM - See below:

Authorities say 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, missing in southwestern Colorado for almost a month, was last seen publicly the night before he was reported missing

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/investigators-dylan-redwine-last-seen-night-before-he-was-reported-missing

Seriously? As a custodial parent who receives a whopping $350.00 a month for my child, it doesn't even come close to what I pay each month for health care, child care, doctor visits, meds, clothing, food, school expenses, activities, etc. I know many parents who receive child support and still struggle to meet their child's needs.

I hate generalizations like that.

I was not generalizing anything. I said *I* know more people than not. This is my experience. I did not say all custodial parents spend their child support money on their own needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member