CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said. '''

I have to question this statement, the information he received from Dylans friends was that they hadn't heard from him at all that day, so why does that suggest that he was hitchhiking?

My gut is saying if he's dead he's in the lake. Of course this is just my 'feeling'. I think the fishing pole statement was made to make it look like an accident if he's found. I think MR (IF he did something) got scared and switched up his statement to 'It sounds to me like he's not even in the area' because he thought better of leading them to the lake. People who are lying often mess up and say stupid things.

All JMHO IF MR IS INVOLVED

:goodpost: BINGO !!!

I don't think IF MR did it it was premeditated. I honestly think it's possible that they got into a heated argument about going to the friends. MR smacks Dylan and say Dylan hit's back and they get into it. He could easily kill a small child like that with a fatal blow to the head. I think he realizes what he did and has to think of a way to get rid of the body and make it look like an accident. Thus the fishing pole story and the backpack being gone. He saved a few things out of the backpack to make it look like Dylan had been to his house that night. He goes home and grabs the fishing pole and takes it all to the lake nearest to his house so it looks like Dylan walked there the next morning and fell in while fishing. This is all JMHO IF MR is involved.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

I have to question this statement, the information he received from Dylans friends was that they hadn't heard from him at all that day, so why does that suggest that he was hitchhiking?

Because the boys said he's known to hitch hiked/hitched rides. Since this was possibly new information to MR ... it was a reasonable assumption ... to ME and JMO. ER said he hadn't had that much contact with DR, but ER cautioned DR about hitch hiking. She knew, but did MR? Doubt it ... to ME ... imo ... until the boys told him.

Two MSM statements by the boys saying DR hitch hiked/hitched rides.

And in that most recent article, about the texts, his friend shed more light on the hitchhiking situation. He said that Dylan would 'hitch' a ride for him and his friends from the library. So in that example, he was hitching a ride for a group of 13 yr old boys. So do we know that he would hitch a ride by himself?

I have to admit that my friends and I used to hitchhike to the mountain in Sun Valley to ski early in the mornings. But I never hitched all alone. I know now that it is still dangerous, even if there are 2 or 3 friends together, but teens are invincible. I never had the nerve to hitch alone though. And if a car stopped and said there was only room for one, we never took the ride.

I haven't posted much, just followed because I generally feel I have nothing of value to add - can't keep up with all you guys! :)

I was just thinking to myself about all the area up above and around Vallecito. My Dad and I spent a lot of time up there, driving above the lake, etc.
I started thinking, I don't know since I haven't been home in a few years...but we used to drive up CR 2274 - Middle Mtn Road - and just drive up to look for deer, or pull off and have a picnic, etc. I remember there not being much up there and it goes back for a ways. Hypothetically, it being in the opposite direction of the lake and town and such, seems like you could go up that road pretty easily, pull off and dispose of something or bury if needed. *shrug* I don't know, just wondering. I mean, in my mind....IF something happened to Dylan at MR's hands and he's going to go to all the trouble of trying to make people not suspect him (whether he can pull it off or not) etc...I know there's got to be a LOT of places right around up there that he could have possibly hidden him, especially where he may not be found without a major slip up or confession.
I also had an odd thought wondering if MR had a 4 wheeler he could use because up above the area he lives, is a small lily pond that no one fishes at due to the fact there's no fish in it - at least used not to be any - Called Lake Eileen. It's aways up - 4 miles up and back, if it's still fairly unvisited, that would be an area of water to leave something maybe. Long shot, but *shrug*

I still sort of have wondered this whole time if Dylan is in Vallecito. I just can't get that out of my head. That or him in Lake Nighthorse, just because my Dad worked on that and the dam when it was being built and I remember him telling me how deep it was going to be at the dam, etc...and it is right over the hill from where MR job is....Just wondering if something happened, if it might have been easy to weigh a body down and let it sink at the dam late late night/early early morning and then he's already in town to be seen at the places he needs to be seen at, etc.
Again. Just thoughts and hypothesis. All of which I'm sure amount to a hill of beans! haha

Have there been any reports of looking at landfills?

I would love to have that company Mark Redwine works for have a "Look for Dylan day". Let each worker search the property grounds in places they have theorized DR could be. I bet they have some ideas but might be afraid to voice them.

They could do it on the QT just saying....

Because the boys said he's known to hitch hiked/hitched rides. Since this was possibly new information to MR ... it was a reasonable assumption ... to ME and JMO. ER said he hadn't had that much contact with DR, but ER cautioned DR about hitch hiking. She knew, but did MR? Doubt it ... to ME ... imo ... until the boys told him.

yes I know what was said, but IMO there was nothing to indicate that Dylan was hitching the day he disappeared.

The only statement that I have read describing Dylan hitchhiking was R saying that Dylan would hitch a ride for him and his friends back from the library. That is not the same thing as him hitchhiking all by himself.

eta: don't know what is wrong with the quoting but that was not ASleuths statement...

I would love to have that company Mark Redwine works for have a "Look for Dylan day". Let each worker search the property grounds in places they have theorized DR could be. I bet they have some ideas but might be afraid to voice them.

They could do it on the QT just saying....

This reminds me of Shawn Atkins, the last person known to have seen young Hailey Dunn, also 13. And Shawn worked for a pipeline company as well. And no one has found Sweet Hailey yet either.

I haven't posted much, just followed because I generally feel I have nothing of value to add - can't keep up with all you guys! :)

I was just thinking to myself about all the area up above and around Vallecito. My Dad and I spent a lot of time up there, driving above the lake, etc.
I started thinking, I don't know since I haven't been home in a few years...but we used to drive up CR 2274 - Middle Mtn Road - and just drive up to look for deer, or pull off and have a picnic, etc. I remember there not being much up there and it goes back for a ways. Hypothetically, it being in the opposite direction of the lake and town and such, seems like you could go up that road pretty easily, pull off and dispose of something or bury if needed. *shrug* I don't know, just wondering. I mean, in my mind....IF something happened to Dylan at MR's hands and he's going to go to all the trouble of trying to make people not suspect him (whether he can pull it off or not) etc...I know there's got to be a LOT of places right around up there that he could have possibly hidden him, especially where he may not be found without a major slip up or confession.
I also had an odd thought wondering if MR had a 4 wheeler he could use because up above the area he lives, is a small lily pond that no one fishes at due to the fact there's no fish in it - at least used not to be any - Called Lake Eileen. It's aways up - 4 miles up and back, if it's still fairly unvisited, that would be an area of water to leave something maybe. Long shot, but *shrug*

I still sort of have wondered this whole time if Dylan is in Vallecito. I just can't get that out of my head. That or him in Lake Nighthorse, just because my Dad worked on that and the dam when it was being built and I remember him telling me how deep it was going to be at the dam, etc...and it is right over the hill from where MR job is....Just wondering if something happened, if it might have been easy to weigh a body down and let it sink at the dam late late night/early early morning and then he's already in town to be seen at the places he needs to be seen at, etc.
Again. Just thoughts and hypothesis. All of which I'm sure amount to a hill of beans! haha

:fireworks::welcome: to this forum and great post. It is good to hear from locals about the area. Looking at google really makes me worry thawt he might never be found. JMO

I don't think IF MR did it it was premeditated. I honestly think it's possible that they got into a heated argument about going to the friends. MR smacks Dylan and say Dylan hit's back and they get into it. He could easily kill a small child like that with a fatal blow to the head. I think he realizes what he did and has to think of a way to get rid of the body and make it look like an accident. Thus the fishing pole story and the backpack being gone. He saved a few things out of the backpack to make it look like Dylan had been to his house that night. He goes home and grabs the fishing pole and takes it all to the lake nearest to his house so it looks like Dylan walked there the next morning and fell in while fishing. This is all JMHO IF MR is involved.

If he did that...he would have driven his truck to the spot. Soil changes and I hope that is what they were doing with the truck. Checking where those tires had been!

Also going back to my theory of finding a place MR was comfortable he must have had a spot over at the lake. Someplace he could drive to. Lots of people do that. Perhaps....

Elaine Redwine returned home to Colorado Springs yesterday. That had to be a sad, sad trip for her going home without her little boy.

Hugs to you Elaine if you are reading here.

Per the Missing Dylan Redwine Facebook page.

Elaine and Cory flew in from Colorado Springs to attend the fundraising dinner which was held on Tuesday, December 4th, 2012, so Elaine wasn't in Durango until yesterday imo.

<snipped>

"Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s mother, was at the dinner and Cory Redwine, Dylan’s 21-year-old brother, flew in from Colorado Springs."

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121211/NEWS01/121219900&template=mobileart

And in that most recent article, about the texts, his friend shed more light on the hitchhiking situation. He said that Dylan would 'hitch' a ride for him and his friends from the library. So in that example, he was hitching a ride for a group of 13 yr old boys. So do we know that he would hitch a ride by himself?

I have to admit that my friends and I used to hitchhike to the mountain in Sun Valley to ski early in the mornings. But I never hitched all alone. I know now that it is still dangerous, even if there are 2 or 3 friends together, but teens are invincible. I never had the nerve to hitch alone though. And if a car stopped and said there was only room for one, we never took the ride.

That's a very good question. "So do we know that he would hitch a ride by himself". I am going to ponder that one!

I think I am going to have to know how many times the boys did that and if it was many times I would think that comfort zone would appear and one would feel safe.

Elaine and Cory flew in from Colorado Springs to attend the fundraising dinner which was held on Tuesday, December 4th, 2012, so Elaine wasn't in Durango until yesterday imo.

<snipped>

"Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s mother, was at the dinner and Cory Redwine, Dylan’s 21-year-old brother, flew in from Colorado Springs."

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121211/NEWS01/121219900&template=mobileart

I could be wrong but I think ER has been there since Dylan went missing. I think Cory went home and returned to join his mother at the dinner. MOO

If LE suspects that MR and DR did have a fight, I hope they looked at him carefully when he filed his missing persons report - looking for scratches, cuts, etc.
But, if they had noticed something like that, surely they would have obtained a search warrant much sooner than they did.
I know that one blow can be fatal to an infant or toddler, but I think it would have to be some kind of punch to be instantly fatal to an older child, and without leaving any evidence or signs of a struggle. Even luminol would show if MR tried to clean up afterwards.
(it's hard to type this) :(
jmo

I don't think LE would do searching specifically for Dylan's phone-what is to be learned from his phone that they do not already know? No matter what LE says, they are always searching for a body. And if other things are found, all well and good. But they have his phone records. I suppose there is always the chance of prints, DNA, etc. but I really think organized searches are meant to try to locate the victim. Searching is a dangerous affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper