CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the big read writing and thought Dylan had been found and realized it was 'active search'

LE would look incompetent if the dog team come in and find Dylan within a few days IMO

If the weather is improving then why are LE not out searching again ? ... We have not heard they are !

Yep, right...Websleuths is pointless too. Shall we go play Farmville now? :moo:

ETA: Obviously we all want a resolution in missing persons cases, and would do anything to get it. While it is statistically unlikely that Dylan is still with us, sometimes those statistics are wrong. I'd hate to think he's a Shawn Hornbeck (because of the horror being endured), but if he is then everyone needs to see his face!

Story ideas to contact Dr. Phil about:

BE ON THE SHOW

Tell Us Your Story!
Know Someone Who Got Away with a Crime?
In a Stand-Off?
Are You a Scorned Woman?
Out-of-Control Family Drama?
Have a Story Dr. Phil Won't Believe?
Fight Like Cats and Dogs Every Day?
Tired of Your Mean Husband?
On the Verge of Divorce?
Click Here for More Exciting Show Topics!

http://www.drphil.com/

If I thought going on the Dr. Phil show would help to find my missing child and his show thrived on the above criteria, I would send Dr. Phil a letter saying I am a scornful angry divorced woman of a raging alcoholic abusive husband - we are still fighting like cats and dogs, which caused me to rob a bank, which threw my entire family into therapy and yet we are still at each other's throats, so I need you Dr. Phil.

I see your point, I really do.
NO, I don't think the fliers and the billboards are a total waste of time, because there is always a chance that he is alive somewhere, like Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart were. It's rare that happens, but it's always possible, right?
But when you think about it, most of the people who keep insisting that the Dr. Phil show is a way to keep Dylan's face and name out there, and that this show will make more people aware of him, are generally the ones who believe Mark killed Dylan. I think that's what Otto is trying to get across. If one believes that he is dead by his father's hands, then why would one be so adamant that he go on this show so that Dylan's case gets national attention? Are they hoping for a confession during the show?
And I'm not speaking for anyone except myself, but I really don't think this show is going to be as much about Dylan as it will be about the drama and the family dynamics. To each his own, I guess we will see when the time comes.

I think even if Mark did it, he may not have done what we suspect he did. (how's that for a convoluted sentence?!!) Since he has a history of disappearing his children, and then giving them back, it's possible, he may have somehow, some way, hidden Dylan somewhere.

Dylan may be seen by someone who would have never known about him if it were not for this show. So yes, I think it's very important.

And if...the worst has happened, then the world, (or at least the part of the world that watches Dr. Phil) can be a witness for this lost child. Sometimes the only thing we can do is witness, and acknowledge a wrong.

My husband asks me why I watch true crime shows, and read true crime books. The answer is that the study of human behaviour is fascinating to me, and also I feel that in witnessing, I am, in my own way, acknowledging their lives, and advocating for them in some small way.

If I thought going on the Dr. Phil show would help to find my missing child and his show thrived on the above criteria, I would send Dr. Phil a letter saying I am a scornful angry divorced woman of a raging alcoholic abusive husband - we are still fighting like cats and dogs, which caused me to rob a bank, which threw my entire family into therapy and yet we are still at each other's throats, so I need you Dr. Phil.

:floorlaugh:

I think even if Mark did it, he may not have done what we suspect he did. (how's that for a convoluted sentence?!!) Since he has a history of disappearing his children, and then giving them back, it's possible, he may have somehow, some way, hidden Dylan somewhere.

Dylan may be seen by someone who would have never known about him if it were not for this show. So yes, I think it's very important.

And if...the worst has happened, then the world, (or at least the part of the world that watches Dr. Phil) can be a witness for this lost child. Sometimes the only thing we can do is witness, and acknowledge a wrong.

My husband asks me why I watch true crime shows, and read true crime books. The answer is that the study of human behaviour is fascinating to me, and also I feel that in witnessing, I am, in my own way, acknowledging their lives, and advocating for them in some small way.

Thank you, and I agree. I think keeping his name out there is important. What I don't think should be important is the conflict between the parents and that is what I believe that show will focus more on. I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you, and I agree. I think keeping his name out there is important. What I don't think should be important is the conflict between the parents and that is what I believe that show will focus more on. I hope I'm wrong.

Even if this is true it is still positive that it gets Dylan's face out there. No other show is lining up to the have the family on tv and so you take what you can get .

When you do not have options then you grab the one offer with open arms.

:moo:

This has to be a incredibly scary, difficult day for Dylan's loved ones, knowing that there is even a chance that Dylan may be found deceased.

Sending prayers to his family and friends for strength.......

Respectfully... I wouldn't use that as a gauge to measure how much a father loves his son. That's unfair, IMO.

I don't think Mark ever flatly refused to do the show, he just couldn't commit to the dates they offered at first. Some people have jobs that will not allow them to take off when they want to. Also I know a lot of bosses that would laugh in their face if they mentioned having to appear on Dr. Phil, no matter what the purpose was.

My dad used to work at a large hospital in security. Their policy was that employees could not take off work for a death unless it was immediate family. He asked for and was refused a day off to go to my grandfather's funeral, his father-in-law, because in-laws are not blood relatives. My mother was devastated because she needed him there. Finally one of his co-workers offered to work a double shift so that my dad could go and be with my mother. Otherwise, if he had taken off, he would have been fired.

United Pipeline has recently stated that they will match any monies that are collected in the Dylan blood drive.

I can't imagine they would be willing to do that and not let MR have a few days off for the show.

I saw the big read writing and thought Dylan had been found and realized it was 'active search'

LE would look incompetent if the dog team come in and find Dylan within a few days IMO

If the weather is improving then why are LE not out searching again ? ... We have not heard they are !

I don't think LE would look incompetent in any way if the dog team finds Dylan and I would think they would be very thankful if this happens. It's not a competition. There is a missing child that needs to be found. The search area is huge. If you have followed other missing person cases then you know that LE can only do so much and at some point the searching stops.

"~The New Mexico organization will begin searching in the Bayfield area north of Durango and near Redwine father’s home, where the teen was last seen."

I have been looking at the Google map of the area. The description of where the dogs will be searching confuses me. Bayfield is not north of Durango, is it? It appears Southeast.

So are they searching in the Bayfield "area" north of Durango, which would put them at County Rd. 501 at Ludwig Mtn area or above enroute to Vallecito? Or is there supposed to be a comma there and they are searching in 3 areas? 1) Bayfield area 2)north of Durango and 3)near MR's home.

That fella, who was out looking for rental properties, was spotted about 6:30-6:45 am ish was it?? MR left at what time..was it abt 7:30am?

Fella could have seen something helpful

cant find links right now...so JMHO

"~The New Mexico organization will begin searching in the Bayfield area north of Durango and near Redwine father’s home, where the teen was last seen."

I have been looking at the Google map of the area. The description of where the dogs will be searching confuses me. Bayfield is not north of Durango, is it? It appears Southeast.

So are they searching in the Bayfield "area" north of Durango, which would put them at County Rd. 501 at Ludwig Mtn area or above enroute to Vallecito? Or is there supposed to be a comma there and they are searching in 3 areas? 1) Bayfield area 2)north of Durango and 3)near MR's home.

I assumed they meant from Bayfield heading north toward Vallecito, or in other words between MR's house and Bayfield.

People are doubting that Dylan ever arrived at the house. People are doubting that he left voluntarily with his backpack. If the dad did something to Dylan and wanted everyone to believe that Dylan arrived safely at his house, then he should have made sure that there was some proof that Dylan arrived ... the obvious thing being that the packback should be at the house. Since it isn't at the house, it is either a very poorly thought out crime, or Dylan arrived and left, taking his backpack with him.

Or that backpack is in the lake with Dylan!
couldnt possibly go back and get it now.
Nothing to plant.

And I dont believe he arrived at that house!

ALL JMO

I don't think LE would look incompetent in any way if the dog team finds Dylan and I would think they would be very thankful if this happens. It's not a competition. There is a missing child that needs to be found. The search area is huge. If you have followed other missing person cases then you know that LE can only do so much and at some point the searching stops.

I respectfully disagree.

So being in more men , they have unlimited resources .

Because if MR is NOT included he then can/does make an accusation in MSM that he is not invited, he is not included, he didn't know about it, etc. etc. etc. and then WS folks can point fingers back at ER/CR/MH by saying "Why wasn't the FATHER included.... but this is JUST MY OPINION

That's exactly how I see it, too. I've not seen it reported anywhere that the Dr. Phil show wouldn't proceed without MR. ER and CR said they were ready to go either way. MR has also said he's willing to do the show from the get-go with his only reservation being rescheduling.

I'm sure everyone remembers MR saying that ER and her supporters had excluded him from vigils/fundraisers/awareness events. I'm sure everyone remembers MR saying he wanted a face to face to with ER and that he was going to arrange a meditation through his attorney but that ER hadn't agreed.

Dr. Phil doesn't need ER and MR. They need him. If there's a chance in a million this exposure will help find Dylan, they should take it. Assuming the innocence of both parents, Dr. Phil delving into their personal lives is nothing and in no way compares to the pain of a missing child. All MOO

What I find very odd about this Hispanic man that was looking for rentals is why would he go to a rural area such as Vallecito and not make sure he had enough gas? Is the one gas station in Vallecito before or after MR's house coming in from Durango or Bayfield? If it's before than surely he would have stopped there and gotten some gas. I just find that very odd. He's obviously not from the area or very familiar with it if he had to ask someone where a gas station is. Why would he go out looking for rentals in a rural area with no gas in his vehicle?

And on the other hand if he was looking for a child to kidnap then SURELY he would have made sure he had gas!

Or was the story about needing gas just a smokescreen? Was he trying to explain why he was coming out of the woods? As in, he ran out of gas and walked through the woods trying to get to a gas station? Were these woods searched by LE?
From what I read (which can only be discussed as rumors) the tipster saw him around the 6:30-6:45 time frame. At that time MR should have still been home. That doesn't mean he didn't linger in the area for a while. Perhaps he knocked on the door and asked Dylan where he could get gas and Dylan offered to help in exchange for a ride into Bayfield?
I'm just looking into other options here. I just think it's strange that this man was supposedly spotted coming out of the woods and looking for gas.

What I find very odd about this Hispanic man that was looking for rentals is why would he go to a rural area such as Vallecito and not make sure he had enough gas? Is the one gas station in Vallecito before or after MR's house coming in from Durango or Bayfield? If it's before than surely he would have stopped there and gotten some gas. I just find that very odd. He's obviously not from the area or very familiar with it if he had to ask someone where a gas station is. Why would he go out looking for rentals in a rural area with no gas in his vehicle?

And on the other hand if he was looking for a child to kidnap then SURELY he would have made sure he had gas!

I find it odd also but not because I think the man didn't exist. LE has made more than one statement about it now. It was reported in MSM that the man was seen in the morning. We don't know how early because the 6-7am sighting was posted in a place that we have to consider rumor.

Any tip of a person in the area that seems out of place should definitely be followed up on. I don't think someone called this in as a lie. That's interfering with a criminal investigation and again, LE has made a point to mention it twice now. I have no idea why that person was in that area or what they were actually doing unless LE releases more specific information that they actually met with someone to look at a property.

This person could have either seen something or done something.

eta: It's highly unlikely that he went there to abduct a child and ran out of gas but it doesn't mean the guy didn't see something or do something nefarious.

That fella, who was out looking for rental properties, was spotted about 6:30-6:45 am ish was it?? MR left at what time..was it abt 7:30am?

Fella could have seen something helpful

cant find links right now...so JMHO

Who goes looking for rental properties at 6 30 am?

Who saw this random man at 6.30am ?

i must of missed this as first i have heard of a stranger lurking in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel