CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that the kids could figure out that talking to the reporter was not in confidence. But maybe the reporter tricked them into thinking that. Do you think that's what happened? I don't.

Honestly, I don't know if they would have thought that far & would depend on this situation, etc. I remember when I was probably 11 & a witness to something, my Mom told me not to talk to reporters AT ALL. Had she not, I would have without a thought to possible repercussions :floorlaugh:.

I think these boys were racking their brains the best they could to help Dylan. I posted links in the last thread, but I could search my posts again, that day after the interview that the boys said that, MR introduced his latest theory :waitasec: hitchhiking.

Honestly, I don't know if they would have thought that far & would depend on this situation, etc. I remember when I was probably 11 & a witness to something, my Mom told me not to talk to reporters AT ALL. Had she not, I would have without a thought to possible repercussions :floorlaugh:.

I think these boys were racking their brains the best they could to help Dylan. I posted links in the last thread, but I could search my posts again, that day after the interview that the boys said that, MR introduced his latest theory :waitasec: hitchhiking.

So you think that the boys knew that their parents would find out what they told the reporter and they didn't take that into consideration when talking about their hitchhiking activities?

I think that the fact that their parents would know what they said could impact what they told the reporter. MOO.

<modsnip>
This would be an impossible scenerio in Dylan's case. His parents had not seen each other or spoke verbally on the phone in 3 years.

There is not a chance that there were not issues. Which friends have the media spoken to? The ones from Bayfield. If he had made so many new friends in Colorado Springs why have we only heard from one? This is not an easy age to make a number of transitions.

Like Confusions states, no one is perfect, whether that is a mother, father, or child.

MR and ER did not even speak since Dylan was about nine, so it is not as though he lived in a battleground of warring parents. His home was probably more peaceful than many with intact families. I think he was well-adjusted and happy and left the legalities to them. I certainly don't think he ran away due to the poor relationship between his parents, as some have suggested, or would be staying away unless under duress and confinement.

MR and ER did not even speak since Dylan was about nine, so it is not as though he lived in a battleground of warring parents. His home was probably more peaceful than many with intact families. I think he was well-adjusted and happy and left the legalities to them. I certainly don't think he ran away due to the poor relationship between his parents, as some have suggested, or would be staying away unless under duress and confinement.

Dylan was more than likely the go-between. It is why I stated that MR probably described him the best when he stated he was either a peacemaker or peacekeeper.

Trust me, I did not tell my mother when I spoke to my father unless I absolutely had to. If I did, she heard what I thought she wanted to hear.

Absolutely. And in my opinion, it is absurd to think that it isn't possible for these parents to speak kindly about this child. There is nothing to be gained from saying anything negative about Dylan...unless/except if someone is trying to throw the investigation in an entirely false direction. At this point, the only person I can see who would gain from that kind of negative portrayal is MR.

So you think that the boys knew that their parents would find out what they told the reporter and they didn't take that into consideration when talking about their hitchhiking activities?

I think that the fact that their parents would know what they said could impact what they told the reporter. MOO.

Firstly I am only speculating, I think the reporter could have been nicely chatting in general about Dylan, she/he found out they hung out go pizza for lunch lalala, then the reporter probably ask about their theories. There is no doubt in my mind that those boys were trying to be helpful. I don't believe they thought for a second about getting into trouble with their parents, but I hope their parents had a good long chat.

This would be an impossible scenerio in Dylan's case. His parents had not seen each other or spoke verbally on the phone in 3 years.

There is not a chance that there were not issues. Which friends have the media spoken to? The ones from Bayfield. If he had made so many new friends in Colorado Springs why have we only heard from one? This is not an easy age to make a number of transitions.

Like Confusions states, no one is perfect, whether that is a mother, father, or child.

BBM: His parents had issues. Dylan did not. We were discussing MR's ongoing need to disparage his son. His missing son. <modsnip>

BBM: His parents had issues. Dylan did not. We were discussing MR's ongoing need to disparage his son. His missing son. <modsnip>.

In my experiences, it's very seldom that parents have issues (especially major issues like these two have) and the children have none. MOO

Absolutely. And in my opinion, it is absurd to think that it isn't possible for these parents to speak kindly about this child. There is nothing to be gained from saying anything negative about Dylan...unless/except if someone is trying to throw the investigation in an entirely false direction. At this point, the only person I can see who would gain from that kind of negative portrayal is MR.

A lot of what's been said by the parents has been characterized as a he said/she said kind of deal. Of course emotions are going to come into play in a dire situation, and I also think it's natural for people to view things through the prism of past experience. What I look at is who has a reason to be deceptive. ER was hundreds of miles away and already had primary custody so it's very difficult to imagine a scenario where she would be behind a kidnapping. I don't think ER and CR "want" to think MR is involved. Who would want to think the man they married or their father was involved in harming his own child? MR on the other hand may well have reason to deceive. ALL JMO and MOO

A lot of what's been said by the parents has been characterized as a he said/she said kind of deal. Of course emotions are going to come into play in a dire situation, and I also think it's natural for people to view things through the prism of past experience. What I look at is who has a reason to be deceptive. ER was hundreds of miles away and already had primary custody so it's very difficult to imagine a scenario where she would be behind a kidnapping. I don't think ER and CR "want" to think MR is involved. Who would want to think the man they married or their father was involved in harming his own child? MR on the other hand may well have reason to deceive. ALL JMO and MOO

Yes. You put that into much better words than I have. Diplomacy isn't my strong suit.
I've never claimed Dylan didn't have some issues. I can't imagine anything else considering what we've witnessed about Mark Redwine's past and present conduct. I'm sure Elaine, Cory and Dylan all have "issues" after life with him. But I'm thinking those issues are probably more emotional and internalized. Not exactly helpful in finding this child. Not BIG issues that may be related to him being "missing". Not problem child "issues". So for me, that equates to "no issues", because anything else is just irrelevant at this point.
That said, it is MR who has motive to publicly disparage his son. It's a feeble attempt to throw the suspicion away from himself. And he is cruel enough, in my opinion, to throw the suspicion directly on Dylan if he has to.
Elaine and Cory have no motive. They are not publicly disparaging Dylan. They have portrayed him as a happy, well adjusted little boy. We've heard the same thing from his friends and other family members as well as the principle of his school. I sincerely doubt Elaine dragged Dylan through much of the mud between her and Mark. If anyone was likely to do that, it would be Mark, and that would be on him. MOO, He has never gotten over that woman and she was done with his crap. She was finally happy and that eats him more than anything. This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
And with that, I'm out for tonight.

Just bouncing off Deoneta, ER was hundreds of miles away. Yet, MR thinks ER took Dylan in some undescriptive manner, yet he believes mail carrier was the last person to see Dylan walking with another boy, although LE have denounced the sighting. That makes NO sense what so ever, but we have to consider the source, he is the last known person....

BBM: His parents had issues. Dylan did not. We were discussing MR's ongoing need to disparage his son. His missing son. <modsnip>.

What bad comments has MR made about Dylan? I haven't heard them, but I may not be up to date.

I'm sorry that your family had to endure this. That was a horrific crime.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I never followed these cases much prior to that experience. It really opened my eyes to a lot of things.

Just bouncing off Deoneta, ER was hundreds of miles away. Yet, MR thinks ER took Dylan in some undescriptive manner, yet he believes mail carrier was the last person to see Dylan walking with another boy, although LE have denounced the sighting. That makes NO sense what so ever, but we have to consider the source, he is the last known person....

I took that as being what some of us are doing here, looking at other possibilities. I thought to start with that ER or someone close to her came and got Dylan. For one, to make MR look bad, but more importantly, to show how he isn't watching their child and to have something to go back and petition for him not to have rights to visitation of Dylan anymore, in a way, getting him out of her life for good. Now to me, that's a great motivation. All you have to do is look at them to see there is no love loss and I'm sure that if Elaine can come up with a way to never have to deal with MR again, she's really not have to think too hard to do it. IMO, JMO, MOO.

I took that as being what some of us are doing here, looking at other possibilities. I thought to start with that ER or someone close to her came and got Dylan. For one, to make MR look bad, but more importantly, to show how he isn't watching their child and to have something to go back and petition for him not to have rights to visitation of Dylan anymore, in a way, getting him out of her life for good. Now to me, that's a great motivation. All you have to do is look at them to see there is no love loss and I'm sure that if Elaine can come up with a way to never have to deal with MR again, she's really not have to think too hard to do it. IMO, JMO, MOO.

That never came to my mind as a possibility watching the show (but it was so intense), that he was just talking about theories like we do. I will have to ponder on that...read back on the transcripts (I won't watch again) & see if that makes sense. Thanks!

..snipped...

Glowing parent says, "My child is always smiling and friendly to all." Which tends to make people think - this child is unlikely to upset someone to the point of causing harm.

Realistic parent says, "My child doesn't know the meaning of the word stranger, everybody is a friend." Which tends to make people think - this is a child who might go with a stranger and not even consider the danger.
...snipped...
Ah. I don't see any difference in these two statements. Both, to me, mean that the child would go with a stranger. Neither one looks glowing or realistic to me. But neither of them look disparaging. Again, isn't it amazing that people can look at the same words and get such different meanings?

It's a fair theory to start, for sure. But on the other hand she was too far away to do that. Then again, she could have gotten someone else to do it. However, if she had why would she be so upset and make such a big deal about it, because then she would be violating a court ordered visitation and that would put her in a bad light. Of course, she could make Mark look bad, but she already had full custody.

The cons far outweigh the pros on that theory, IMO. She was already sitting in the best seat in the house. (figuratively speaking, of course)

If my child was missing, I would always describe them in the most glowing terms because I noticed that the media seems to take more of an interest in "perfect" children. I have seen many cases where the media makes a big deal out of certain qualities or interests the victim had--good grades, playing an instrument, extracurricular activities, volunteering, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi