CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE is requesting the uncut tapes from the show, as was posted somewhere here, then they may have reason to believe that something may have been said that will tie into whatever else they have so far. I don't see how the show would be of interest to them if they are looking elsewhere besides at MR at this point.

But if they simply cannot rule him out, they may more or less be in this mode forever. If he is guilty, I don't see him giving himself away entirely, and if he is not, how on earth can he be cleared without an arrest?

Phils' words to MR were ' eliminate yourself' so that LE can look elsewhere if they're looking at the wrong person. If MR knows he's the wrong person and knows LE is looking at him closely and wants to get them looking for the right person ( which btw he's said he wants le to look closely at him so they'll know its not him, so they can go find the real bad guy ) then it should not take another day when you have someone ready to ' clear your name ' right in front of you . Clear yourself so the real perps can be found. He not only put it off another day, he put it off INDEFINITELY because that was two weeks ago now? What's 15 or 18 more days to a child at the hands of a really gross perpetrator ?

So.... if MR had taken the test on national tv and passed, then he's suddenly cleared? We have no idea who LE is focusing on. Obviously they're looking at MR but I highly doubt Mark taking a poly on the Dr. Phil show is going to dictate how LE runs their case. MOO

I think we can talk all day about what we would do in this situation, but until you're (general you) under that microscope of people pointing their fingers at you, then we have no idea how we'd react. I know if my child went missing and everyone assumed I did it and was analyzing every move I made, every word that came out of my mouth, every time my eyeballs looked left or down or rolled in the back of my head, then yeah at some point you have to shut down. Nothing he could say or do would change anyone's opinion of him. It's past that point now.

I can't even imagine having to live with those things, all while having a missing child. It's bad enough to have that happen but it brings the level of inconceiveability up a few notches to have your beloved son missing. I can't even imagine the pain. I would definitely shut down. I would recess so far away from society and in to my own world, I might never come out of it.

If LE is requesting the uncut tapes from the show, as was posted somewhere here, then they may have reason to believe that something may have been said that will tie into whatever else they have so far. I don't see how the show would be of interest to them if they are looking elsewhere besides at MR at this point. But if they simply cannot rule him out, they may more or less be in this mode forever. If he is guilty, I don't see him giving himself away entirely, and if he is not, how on earth can he be cleared without an arrest?

I'm one of those half glass full types. They could be looking for something to corroborate his initial statement. Who knows?

Ok I get that. I said I felt MR was pressured into saying he'd take the poly. Regardless of the psychology behind it, I think he felt pressure to say he'd take it.

Well then instead of making excuses for him or saying he was under pressure maybe what everyone needs to admit is he is responsible for his own behavior. He needs is to put on his big boy pants, act like a 50-yr old adult male and stop playing manipulative games with people. It was still his CHOICE to act like a fool. As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that workin' out for ya, Mark?"

Well, IMO, taking a poly on a TV show shouldn't dictate how LE handles a missing child case. If he took the poly and passed or failed, how is that going to make LE move any quicker?

Ok, are we changing the subject? Because I didn't know this was part of the previous discussion?

I'm sure we are. Still, I can't say with 100% certainty what I would or would not do. There are too many different factors at play to give a blanket statement on how I would react.

No one would expect you to know what you will or will not do. But I can assure you, that if one of your children went missing, nothing, and I mean nothing would take priority over finding your child. Nothing. Not what anyone thinks of you (you wouldn't care or notice), not what anyone was saying, (you wouldn't have time for that BS...you'd be looking for your child). Nothing would be more important to you than finding your child. You would walk through broken glass, barefeet, in a forest fire. Trust me. Unless you were responsible for the disappearance or you just don't give a damn about your kids. And I don't for one minute believe that is true.

BBM, My response above.

AZG said day one was 2 hours. And we only saw less than one hour (after commercials). Then there was day two. Lots of tape on that cutting room floor...

Besides MR, LE could want to check others' statements also...

:twocents:

Ok I get that. I said I felt MR was pressured into saying he'd take the poly. Regardless of the psychology behind it, I think he felt pressure to say he'd take it.

Well, IMO, taking a poly on a TV show shouldn't dictate how LE handles a missing child case. If he took the poly and passed or failed, how is that going to make LE move any quicker?

I'm sure we are. Still, I can't say with 100% certainty what I would or would not do. There are too many different factors at play to give a blanket statement on how I would react.

I think MR was pressured into taking it. He was put on the spot. He should never have agreed to it to start with. Big mistake. He wouldn't have come out on top of this one no matter what he did. Had he refused to take it, then he's guilty, he has something to hide. Had he taken it and passed, it's not admissible in court and he figured out how to mess with it. Had he taken it and failed, he's guilty. Catch 22, damned if he did, damned if he didn't. IMO.

Hey everybody - remember we spring forward tonight! Set your clocks ahead one hour before bed.... :)

Salem

I think MR was pressured into taking it. He was put on the spot. He should never have agreed to it to start with. Big mistake. He wouldn't have come out on top of this one no matter what he did. Had he refused to take it, then he's guilty, he has something to hide. Had he taken it and passed, it's not admissible in court and he figured out how to mess with it. Had he taken it and failed, he's guilty. Catch 22, damned if he did, damned if he didn't. IMO.

But if they had so much prep time, he had plenty of off-air time to say no.

poor Dylan
and this case isn't even as crazy as Hailey Dunn's

And we've seen that response just with the opportunity to tape the Dr. Phil show. MR wanted to postpone the whole thing 2 weeks! Who postpones anything 2 weeks if they actually believe their child is in the hands of a pedophile? Unbelievable!

I agree with this and to take it one step further, this coupled with the knowledge of whether or not LE asked for the 2nd poly (which we do not know) would kind of confirm some thoughts/questions I have.

Salem

This is a very interesting point, and raises the question of how alcoholism effects the outcome of a poly. How exactly do you administer a test to an alcoholic? After a maintainance dosage,or? Doesn't any alcohol (or lack thereof if you're a practising alchy), effect the outcome, the result of the test?

again, my response: If it is that easy to "pressure" people into doing what you want them to do, I think this world would be an entirely different place. We all have choices. We are all responsible for our choices. We may choose to go to Chili's because everyone else wants to eat there, but that is still our choice.
Bad behavior is still bad behavior, no matter what kind of a pretty handle you put on it. Everyone is under pressure from time to time in their life. Being under pressure isn't an excuse for bad behavior, lying, deflecting or otherwise acting like you don't know right from wrong. Bad behavior is just that...bad behavior. No excuses.
If we all allowed for excuses or explained things away because of pressure, we wouldn't have anyone in jail or prison because they would all be saying they were under pressure.

BBM: I respectfully disagree. Had he taken it and passed, he would have gone up several notches in my estimation and I would be more likely to believe he had nothing to do with Dylan being missing, and I would venture to believe I am not the only one. Even if he had taken it and failed, I, personally, would have written it off to stress from the show. But by saying he would take it, then dancing around and making reasons not to take it, then saying he "struggles" with this (what does that mean, anyway?), it makes him look like he has something to hide, even if he doesn't.

I also cannot speak for this particular LE, but I do know that how people manage (not pass or fail, but manage) themselves during polygraphs absolutely DOES make a difference for how LE handles cases in some cities. LE has to determine where to use a finite set of resources.

IMO, no one wants MR to be guilty. Good grief. Honestly, as awful as it is, I would much prefer a stranger took Dylan. We all know they exist, and a parent harming a child is the worst possible scenario.

But this man has put himself in the eye of the storm by his own words, actions, ramblings, and etc. LE has never indicated that they believe there is a predator on the loose. Yes, LE could be wrong, but presumably they know what they are doing, until proven otherwise, and they seem to be looking at him even after four months. I know LE often does not officially "clear" people, but they could drop subtle hints that they are looking elsewhere, if that was the case. Instead, they just repeat their standard statement, now months old, more or less, that no one is being called a suspect.

Which brings me to a question.
There are those who feel 100% that MR is responsible.
I myself am at 80 to 90% . SODDI being the other 10%
There are those who seem to feel MR is not responsible. 0%
For those who feel MR is not responsible or even if you're on the
fence about him , if you remove everything else you know about this
case and only ask yourself this one question, please tell me what you get.
How does a loving father who believes his son is taken by a stranger intentionally
make that child wait ONE MORE DAY because he do not want to take a poly?

eta, sorry i did not make it look like ^^ that on purpose.

I just rewatched part of the Dr Phil interview, and I cant decide whether MR is the personification of evil or just brain damaged by alcohol.

I would also imagine that Elaine was under considerable "pressure" when she passed her poly. Just something to consider.

Is a man not allowed to have a drink? I don't think it was acceptable in any way that he drank before the DP show but in general I think in the privacy of his own home, like anyone; should be able to have a drink.
Would it be acceptable for ER to drink if she wanted to?
JMO and all.:twocents:

He didnt just have 'a' drink. he drank a half a bottle of whiskey, to the point that he was unable to follow through with the important task of trying to find his son.

when I look in Elaine's eyes, I see a horrible pain

but when I look in Mark's ... I see nothing

just :twocents:

BBM

I disagree with the bolded statement. If Mark had agreed to take the test on the DP Show, and had passed with fly8ng colors, we would be having totally different discussions on this thread, imo.

A little OT but Websleuths needs a facepalm emoticon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne