CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
< snipped >
I just find it really weird that LE was not more interested in the latest HRD hits at the lake. I wonder what they know that makes them, shall we say, uninspired, to search the lake? MOOJMOIMO.

BBM

A possible explanation I offered a while back was that while the HRD dog hits at the lake were obviously tied to human remains, and not that of an animal, most of the general public isn't that educated about the process and training of the dogs themselves. Seeing as the lake itself was way too dangerous to search with divers in the middle of winter, it is my opinion that they publicly downplayed the hits for reasons of not wanting to receive unwarranted criticism from the public.

It would be rather hard to explain to the public just how dangerous that lake is to dive in regard to altitude, depth, and temperature of the water (even here at WS there were many whom even after discussion of why it was so dangerous didn't seem to understand why the dive search was called off when it was). I can definitely see where the SO would have been worried about an intense public backlash in regard to them failing to search "right now" in the lake vs. waiting until Spring to see what happens when the ice thaws, and it is safer for anyone to dive.

Another possibility for downplaying the hits at the lake would be to not lose the interest of the public just in case there was other evidence elsewhere that may not have come to light - like clothing, the backpack, the ever-elusive "fishing pole" etc... that people may be likely to run across somewhere in the area, but not at the lake itself (for instance, if an accident, or crime took place elsewhere in the area). If people dismissed seeing these items, then perhaps they wouldn't report them.

Those are just a few possibilities for why I could see the SO downplaying the HRD dogs' hits. There is no way that Bender isn't educated about what these dogs are able to detect, and that there is no way they would've hit on wildlife that somehow fell into the lake. The smell of decomposing animals is much different than that of a human being. If it was not then HRD dogs would really be of almost no use in any search whatsoever.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Are the airport and walmart pics the same shirt??

yes, the pictures are taken on the same day. Just a short time apart. (Unless he changed shirts....)

-An updated timeline for Dylan’s activities on Sunday November 18th has been released:

5:46PM Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 PM Dylan at Durango Walmart--

from press release of 1/24/13

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9005886&postcount=102"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

Here's the Walmart photo.
dylan-redwine-walmart.jpg

I can't tell Dylan's mood from this photo either.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2855532.shtml

I can't tell Dylan's mood from this photo, either.

That doesn't mean that I don't hold some suspicion of MR regarding Dylan's disappearance. It only means that I, personally, don't glean any useful information from this pic of Dylan. He just looks like a kid in a store, to me.

I'd be surprised if LE found anything useful in this photo, other than verifying that Dylan was in fact in the Walmart, at the specified time - which, as far as I'm concerned, is very useful.

I don't feel the need to make anything more of it than it is - evidence regarding a timeline.

I don't find anything else useful regarding this pic, other than to substantiate Dylan's whereabouts @ a specific time.

IF there is a body at the bottom of the lake near the dam divers are going to be no help. They could only dive to about 40 feet and IIRC the lake was just under 200 ft deep near the dam. It's going to take SONAR and ROV's to recover a body if it is stuck on something at or near the bottom. There is little point to bringing in divers and risking the dangers with what their limits are in that lake. Not unless a body was in shallower water or near the shore.
I believe LE called off the lake search due to the risks to the divers and knowing that if a body were in there it would probably eventually float...as bodies normally do. I think this was the reason for the helicopter fly overs after the lake search.
I think they figure if the family wants to pay a top notch team to come in with SONAR and ROV's then let them. That has got to be extremely expensive.

yes, the pictures are taken on the same day. Just a short time apart. (Unless he changed shirts....)

-An updated timeline for Dylan’s activities on Sunday November 18th has been released:

5:46PM Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 PM Dylan at Durango Walmart--

from press release of 1/24/13

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*

BBM

that's what I wondered....did he change shirts?

my eyes cant tell anything by those photos

I can understand the results being inconclusive just because of the way MR talks. He probably didn't give just "yes" or "no" answers.

JMO

All he had to do was follow their instructios.

Yes or no! Easy to do!

MR said (out f his own mouth) He FAILED the poly then danced around a bit saying it was inconclusive!

IF there is a body at the bottom of the lake near the dam divers are going to be no help. They could only dive to about 40 feet and IIRC the lake was just under 200 ft deep near the dam. It's going to take SONAR and ROV's to recover a body if it is stuck on something at or near the bottom. There is little point to bringing in divers and risking the dangers with what their limits are in that lake. Not unless a body was in shallower water or near the shore.
I believe LE called off the lake search due to the risks to the divers and knowing that if a body were in there it would probably eventually float...as bodies normally do. I think this was the reason for the helicopter fly overs after the lake search.
I think they figure if the family wants to pay a top notch team to come in with SONAR and ROV's then let them. That has got to be extremely expensive.

http://kdvr.com/2012/12/04/new-photos-of-missing-teen-dylan-redwine-released/

look at picture #5 in this series.

that's a heck of a big tree stump.

they cleared a forest to make the lake.

if they left stumps that big on the bottom, a body may never float up.

not sure how safe it would be for divers.

lets hope sonar and the ROVs can answer the question.

NO ONE is happy in WALMART ! I don't read anything into his expression or lack thereof. He's in walmart....period. mooo

Sorry Schmae that just not true!
My kids go with me and they dont look that Glum!
They might not want to be there but they go off on their own and they TEXT!
Or find a seat and text!
They go to the video games aisle!

Me personally I read alot into that kids look!

but thats just MPO!

I do think Dad told him he wasnt ging to Ryans house and hes not pleased!

Everything I've ever read says that about 115 children are abducted by strangers every year in the United States. What puzzles me is the quickness with which the difficult case with little information available to the public are assumed to be crimes perpetrated by the last person to see the child (isabel celis, maddie mccann, lisa irwin, dylan redwine) If 115 are actually kidnapped, we read about some that are resolved, what makes it so hard to think that Dylan Redwine may be one of the 115?

BBM

In regard to the statistics that are available, which out of those 115 children were abducted by complete and total strangers, and where they were;
1.) from an extremely rural location classified as a "Statutory Town" (not even a "city" - Bayfield has a population of just over 1500 people in 2000 - only 300 people more than the amount of people in my high school my freshman year, btw - more current statistics indicate around 2,087 residents)

2.) in a remote area with barely any public access (no interstate highways, or even "real highways", but mountain roads),

3.) in a location where no other children have gone missing at all for any reason in over 25 years

4.) With no-one witnessing the abduction at all, and no apparent sightings of anything suspicious at all (especially in an area where everyone knows everyone else)? And no other attempted kidnappings in the time leading up to DR's disappearance. (How many children were taken from a public area like a shopping mall, or at a park, etc...)

5.) Where the age of the abducted child is over the age of say 5 year old? How many were aged 12 and older?

6.) Where no-one reported them missing for almost 12 hours after they were last seen, and the person reporting the crime was not the one whose custody the child was in at the time?

7.) In an area where the violent crime rate is so far below normal that it barely registers (no murders reported, no rapes for years and even then only one or two a few years back, and single-digit crimes in other categories - the biggest problem being burglary theft (not violent crime) - see crime stats for Bayfield, here: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Bayfield-Colorado.html )

8.) Where the last person they were known to be with has stated conflicting stories in regard to almost everything that happened for a 24-hour time period (from Sun. night around 7pm, to Monday night at 7pm).

9.) Where scent dogs have not been able to track a person to a location that indicates they may have been picked up in a car, etc...

etc... etc...

The statistics are just numbers and can be interpreted in many ways, really... It's when you start looking at the in-depth variables that you get a clearer picture of the true statistics that meet the criteria above (especially points #1-7).

In looking at those estimated 115 children per year, how many of those children meet that criteria above? Look at those variables, and then you will have an even clearer picture in regard to why a stranger abducting a 13yo boy with all of the factors above becomes even less of a likely possibility...

Actually, he said that LE told him him failed it and then that it was inconclusive.

I THINK!

They told him he failed and he had a huge Hissy Fity so they told him to tell PPL it was inconclusive Till he took another to clear it all up!

Thats the way I think it went down!

JMO

The judge just retired and that is certainly not conclusive but could be deemed circumstantial.

I've seen this stated here a few times now but I don't know where the information comes from. Link please???

That scenario doesn't work for me. DR had stayed up until 4 a.m. and then traveled quite a bit of the day. I agree with others who have posted that he went to sleep shortly after MR turned in.

JMO.

How do we know what time Dylan went to bed the night before?
MR was not with him that evening.

MR said (out f his own mouth) He FAILED the poly then danced around a bit saying it was inconclusive!

Yes he did and he added something about the examiner not being qualified and that's why they determined it to be inconclusive IIRC.

LE quickly made a statement after the DP show aired stating their polygraph examiner was indeed qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15