Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s charged with murdering him though, and not crimes involving “passing him off.”

If there were any other suspects, the DA would almost certainly be opposed to releasing the arrest affidavit. That isn’t the case.

MassGuy, I want to thank you for throwing out facts.

Facts in this case matter.

TS is charged with 1st degree murder, and other charges aforementioned. LE has NOT indicated anyone else is involved. If you have evidence of such, please post up here.

There has only been 1 arrest, and that is TS.

And I'll weigh in on speculation as to what happened with Gannon.

I've thought all kinds of stuff, from dismemberment (making it easier to move his body) to throwing him, either whole, or parts, in to plastic bags for dumpster disposal, and every possible ghastly thing in between. I actually pondered the 2x4 being used as a cutting board, in the woods.

At this stage, I'm thinking, with the 4 hour time window, that what she did is simpler. I think she put him in a remote spot known only to her.

I think he's in a ravine, covered in rocks, or in a drain pipe under a road, or thrown off a relatively inaccessible steep embankment/cliff. I think he's in the vicinity of 105, Noe Road.

I also speculate the murder may have been drug overdose, or possibly suffocation, but I'm going with what I'd perceive to be easier, and that's feed him enough medication to kill him.

MOO cow MOO

But in addition to the cameras, can a unit be secured with cash? Plus when the balance is overdue, the facility will open it. And once the story became headline news, wouldn't the clerk remember TS as securing a rental unit? hmmm?

I don't know about CO, but many rental unit companies now require a DL to photocopy for a rental unit transaction. Sure, T could pay cash, but she would still leave a paper trail.
FWIW- I just did a rental unit transaction myself, 4 months ago. Not only is DL photocopied, but there are CC cameras all over, as well as a passcode requirement to enter the facility.

MassGuy, I want to thank you for throwing out facts.

Facts in this case matter.

TS is charged with 1st degree murder, and other charges aforementioned. LE has NOT indicated anyone else is involved. If you have evidence of such, please post up here.

There has only been 1 arrest, and that is TS.

And I'll weigh in on speculation as to what happened with Gannon.

I've thought all kinds of stuff, from dismemberment (making it easier to move his body) to throwing him, either whole, or parts, in to plastic bags for dumpster disposal, and every possible ghastly thing in between. I actually pondered the 2x4 being used as a cutting board, in the woods.

At this stage, I'm thinking, with the 4 hour time window, that what she did is simpler. I think she put him in a remote spot known only to her.

I think he's in a ravine, covered in rocks, or in a drain pipe under a road, or thrown off a relatively inaccessible steep embankment/cliff. I think he's in the vicinity of 105, Noe Road.

I also speculate the murder may have been drug overdose, or possibly suffocation, but I'm going with what I'd perceive to be easier, and that's feed him enough medication to kill him.

MOO cow MOO
Powerful statements from both of you! I totally believe you are on track with what happened! But where is he? We have all many ideas but keep the thoughts going and bring him home! What ravine? Under what rocks? So close but yet so far away? Can't rest till he is found! Obsessed because Gannon needs closure, I need closure, heart aches....

During that phone call, it seemed TS reluctantly admitted her Petco appearance. I wondered what interesting businesses might be near that Petco, so....

There's a self-storage business, a Budget Car Rental and the shopping center is accessed via Garden of the Gods Road.

The Budget Car Rental shown in the attached image of the shopping center near the Petco is NOT the same business from which TS rented the vehicle. I included it in this capture because of the 'coincidence'.
Looks like the self storage place only has staff onsite 2 days a week for people to stroll in and rent a unit (or you can email them for availability). IMO they weren’t open for new customers on Monday 1/27.

Security. Storage. Peace of Mind.
Office Hours

Friday 10am -5pm and Saturday:9:30am–5PM

I have been hung up on the dog sweaters, but if I think about it and make the dog sweaters inconsequential, I think of why she was there, not once, but twice.
I think the first time was to meet someone and pass him off and the second time was to be able to provide an alibi for herself as to why there was either phone pings or camera evidence indicating she was there. MOO MOO MOO

I think it was a misdirection. I think she made sure she was seen there twice, and then went an entirely different direction in between.

Another from the phone interview:

TS: "You know what I mean? So I took anger to that because I'm thinking I--- you know---had helped so much.
And did so much. And I didn't have her there. She didn't even call me on my birthday..."

Anger huh?????

So how many days have searches been put on hold? I guess I'm just catching on to this.

Everyone what is your take on this?
I think they used a massive amount of resources and blew through part of their budget, that now they are only coordinating searching when a credible tip comes through.

Or

They definitely are still doing searches, just very small scale and under the radar as to not get picked up by the press.

MOO is that Gannon touched the hearts of so many people in that SO that even if it’s 10 years from now, they will never stop searching.

Soooo its just not be documented to the public?
Hmmmm........

Sorry this took so long, but WS just isn't playing right tonight.

Just because there has been arrest doesn't mean the search stops. There still is a little boy out there wanting to be found. WE want to find him! This case got personal with a lot of LE and searchers, the same it did for us. When something get this personal, searches will continue on and off the clock. We don't have to know about it. Matter of fact, IMHO they do better when they don't have to worry about people and interruptions. They are probably working on a smaller scale, in a multitude of places and can think. I don't fault them in the least. :-)

MOO,MOO

I wanted to take a moment to inject a thank you to those of you who have made comparisons to Casey Anthony. I didn't follow Casey's trial that closely, unlike the millions of folks that did. I didn't understand until very recently the nuances which influenced the jurors into a not guilty verdict. I've read up on a bit recently, and started listening to the audiobook of Imperfect Justice as well.

My gut feeling is that there are some really strong similarities. Both of them are pathological liars, both of them seem to have the skill of manipulating people and situations to their advantage. At first glance, my instinct is that T is not quite as smart as Casey, but then I dig a little deeper and realize that the only real advantage Casey had over T was the lack of ubiquitous surveillance (and possibly another decade-plus of LE forensics evolution. I think if Casey had committed her crime in 2020, she would have been crucified, and I think that's what's going to happen to T.

Person on Twitter tells reporter Ashley Franco they will be in line at 7:30 tomorrow with their kids and 12 friends.
Her response:

If you're that motivated, go for it! Just make sure you're staying quiet the whole time and being respectful. Judges are very picky. Also watch for @Spencer_WNews story tonight on why the sheriff's office is asking people to be cautious if they're wanting to attend.

Ashley Franco on Twitter

I’ve seen a lot of misinformation in groups on Facebook about what’s happening tomorrow in #LeteciaStauch court hearing. Here’s what’s expected to happen: The DA’s Office will formally file charges against her, likely to mirror arrest charges. They’ll set the next court date.

Thanks for that information. Do you know if her attorney has already seen what's in the sealed charges? I'm not sure how that all works. Is it sealed to the public but LS and the attorney see them right away? Or are they sealed to everyone until tomorrow?

I know that many posts have been made about TS's post-mortem humiliation of Gannon, but I feel the need to mention that this woman told the world that AS cut his finger off in the garage.

This would appear not to be true. Perhaps AS cut his finger. But she's trying to show that she lived in a household lacking common sense (tools everywhere, Dad is a klutz). She's competent, they're not.

How much of rubbing of salt does she want to do?

To think that a woman would go to this length to get even with her husband (or anyone)...well, it boggles the mind. She is viciously vengeful for perceived slights that no one else would even notice. And she is way down into the details of it, the details of punishing people.

None of this is regarded by her as intentional, it just oozes out of her. She knows no other way. If she can cause more drama, then she does.

Drama is one of her guiding lights but she also seems attracted to insults and cruelty. God bless the public defender in this case.

I wanted to take a moment to inject a thank you to those of you who have made comparisons to Casey Anthony. I didn't follow Casey's trial that closely, unlike the millions of folks that did. I didn't understand until very recently the nuances which influenced the jurors into a not guilty verdict. I've read up on a bit recently, and started listening to the audiobook of Imperfect Justice as well.

My gut feeling is that there are some really strong similarities. Both of them are pathological liars, both of them seem to have the skill of manipulating people and situations to their advantage. At first glance, my instinct is that T is not quite as smart as Casey, but then I dig a little deeper and realize that the only real advantage Casey had over T was the lack of ubiquitous surveillance (and possibly another decade-plus of LE forensics evolution. I think if Casey had committed her crime in 2020, she would have been crucified, and I think that's what's going to happen to T.

Agree. MOO the same with Fotis Dulos, he committed a perfect 2015 crime in 2019. The Stauch neighbors had the street under surveillance both by Rings and monthly security services.
Gas stations, weigh stations, Highway Patrol stations and random other businesses have cameras out. Rural roads with long drives to the homes, like on 105 and 83 MOO a lot of the people must have a cameras at the entrance of their places and along the road to let them know who it coming. Piecing that itinerary together for her path took a a month, and that seems about right.

Last edited:
Another from the phone interview:

TS: "You know what I mean? So I took anger to that because I'm thinking I--- you know---had helped so much.
And did so much. And I didn't have her there. She didn't even call me on my birthday..."

Anger huh?????
What is she talking about? I don't know how you take 'anger to' something. Who is she referring to?

NCWatcher
"I thought someone posted on WS PetCo was having a buy 2, get 1 free sale on coats. That was quite awhile ago though and I have no idea how to find the post.
JMO"

That was me. You're not going to find it as it was before this DWAP "phone interview" I had seen an ad for that.

Last edited:
Ha! Someone asked Spencer to nod once if he thought the interview conducted with TS was weird. He posted a gif, indicating yes (still shot below).

In response to the affidavit release:

The second it is unsealed, it’s fair game.

As with all legal matters, our request won’t be quick. Obviously we’ll hear parts of that affidavit during the case, but hoping to get it sooner.

As for a time estimate, your guess is as good as mine.

And...
View attachment 237712

Spencer Wilson on Twitter
Well, thank you for that, MG. I don’t usually follow the reporters in cases I follow - because WS will usually cue me in and I’m not really on Twitter much, but I will follow this guy now. Add my teeny “one” to your numbers, Spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck