Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to take a moment to inject a thank you to those of you who have made comparisons to Casey Anthony. I didn't follow Casey's trial that closely, unlike the millions of folks that did. I didn't understand until very recently the nuances which influenced the jurors into a not guilty verdict. I've read up on a bit recently, and started listening to the audiobook of Imperfect Justice as well.

My gut feeling is that there are some really strong similarities. Both of them are pathological liars, both of them seem to have the skill of manipulating people and situations to their advantage. At first glance, my instinct is that T is not quite as smart as Casey, but then I dig a little deeper and realize that the only real advantage Casey had over T was the lack of ubiquitous surveillance (and possibly another decade-plus of LE forensics evolution. I think if Casey had committed her crime in 2020, she would have been crucified, and I think that's what's going to happen to T.
True but I have never seen anyone tell stories filled with lies so seamlessly as Casey Anthony. She didn’t need to stop and think or stumble over her words. It was so natural with her. Whereas with TS, her lies are quite obvious and her ignorance shows.

Thanks for that information. Do you know if her attorney has already seen what's in the sealed charges? I'm not sure how that all works. Is it sealed to the public but LS and the attorney see them right away? Or are they sealed to everyone until tomorrow?
She and her attorneys have certainly seen the arrest affidavit at this point.

It’s sealed only to the public right now.

I think they used a massive amount of resources and blew through part of their budget, that now they are only coordinating searching when a credible tip comes through.

Or

They definitely are still doing searches, just very small scale and under the radar as to not get picked up by the press.

MOO is that Gannon touched the hearts of so many people in that SO that even if it’s 10 years from now, they will never stop searching.
I think you are right. They not stop looking for Gannon, they will tone it down. A lot of man hours were spent trying to find him alive. Now they know that won’t happen it takes the expediency out of the equation.

I’m sure in the meantime they hope the big lying liar were have a delirious moment and utter the words of his location. We can hope anyway. I don’t think anyone believes that though. Gannon needs to find his way home.

There was something she said in the phone conversation I couldn't shake.
"You can take everything away but when you take a person away you just can't function with that" Or words to that effect.
I believe that right there is a verbal leakage of the driving force behind this.
This was intentional to hurt Landen and Al. Plain and simple. I believe this statement was the front thought in her brain as she was taking away Gannon for good.

Makes me wonder if when Al asked for a divorce she made statements like, you won't survive without me etc. So if she can't have Al, then they can't have Gannon

There is a pathway down to a trailhead that runs along it between Costco and the apartment buildings.
That is Monument Creek behind Petco. The body that was found a couple of days ago, male adult, was in the water management area where N. Nevada crosses 25 at the north end of the little gully the river makes behind Petco, I thought for sure they found him when that report came in, but apparently a transient male adult that fell on the cement works of the overpass creek water chute.
IIRC that drainage area behind Petco was searched very early on by Sheriffs on horseback, but it is easy to miss a body. And then it snowed. So still seems like a place to focus.

Last edited:
MassGuy, I want to thank you for throwing out facts.

Facts in this case matter.

TS is charged with 1st degree murder, and other charges aforementioned. LE has NOT indicated anyone else is involved. If you have evidence of such, please post up here.

There has only been 1 arrest, and that is TS.

And I'll weigh in on speculation as to what happened with Gannon.

I've thought all kinds of stuff, from dismemberment (making it easier to move his body) to throwing him, either whole, or parts, in to plastic bags for dumpster disposal, and every possible ghastly thing in between. I actually pondered the 2x4 being used as a cutting board, in the woods.

At this stage, I'm thinking, with the 4 hour time window, that what she did is simpler. I think she put him in a remote spot known only to her.

I think he's in a ravine, covered in rocks, or in a drain pipe under a road, or thrown off a relatively inaccessible steep embankment/cliff. I think he's in the vicinity of 105, Noe Road.

I also speculate the murder may have been drug overdose, or possibly suffocation, but I'm going with what I'd perceive to be easier, and that's feed him enough medication to kill him.

MOO cow MOO

I am very much on the same page. I don't think there was anything like dismemberment.

I do think she may have put him somewhere that she thought was the right place (in her inimitable Tee-style). Some place where she can argue that he really ran away (or was abducted).

I don't know what happened to Gannon, specifically, but I think he was either injured or poisoned with something like Epson salts (perhaps after a call to a nursing line to give alibi there - in Tee's mind).

I think she left him to die, while telling herself she was just "punishing" him. I think she went back to check whether he was still where she left him (and he may have been there, she's not a normal person, if he was dead, she was satisfied - hence her apparent confidence and yadayada).

Variations: a little push into a ravine, a little digging into a snow bank and making him stay there - if he was still conscious, etc.

I don't think she specifically set out to overdose him - but she wanted to put him into a state where it could appear that he wandered around and did himself in (miles away from their home). Unfortunately, her prior abuse of him makes this a story where she gets charged with First Degree Murder, for abuse and continued abuse and child abandonment, etc.

She and her attorneys have certainly seen the arrest affidavit at this point.

It’s sealed only to the public right now.

Thank you. So what do you think, re: LS's state in light of the charges? If they're irrefutable, do you think she'll be tamed and subdued? Or will she be itching to scream out her defense? Will be interesting to see how her attorney interacts with her...

MassGuy, I want to thank you for throwing out facts.

Facts in this case matter.

TS is charged with 1st degree murder, and other charges aforementioned. LE has NOT indicated anyone else is involved. If you have evidence of such, please post up here.

There has only been 1 arrest, and that is TS.

And I'll weigh in on speculation as to what happened with Gannon.

I've thought all kinds of stuff, from dismemberment (making it easier to move his body) to throwing him, either whole, or parts, in to plastic bags for dumpster disposal, and every possible ghastly thing in between. I actually pondered the 2x4 being used as a cutting board, in the woods.

At this stage, I'm thinking, with the 4 hour time window, that what she did is simpler. I think she put him in a remote spot known only to her.

I think he's in a ravine, covered in rocks, or in a drain pipe under a road, or thrown off a relatively inaccessible steep embankment/cliff. I think he's in the vicinity of 105, Noe Road.

I also speculate the murder may have been drug overdose, or possibly suffocation, but I'm going with what I'd perceive to be easier, and that's feed him enough medication to kill him.

MOO cow MOO
bbm
Second to last paragraph bolded in your post gives me hope !
Thank you, @stattlich1 !
They will find him .

Just hate typing this -- but if it leads to the discovery of Gannon :
As far as possible dismemberment :( and being thrown into the dumpster or landfill, I'm hoping not , as then he may never be found.

Plus it's possible even this perp would realize doing this could result in her being discovered while throwing the bags into the dumpster.
Time was of the essence and I don't think she had enough hours to complete anything like that.
I'd imagine some places of business would object to or be questioning a random person throwing their trash into the store's dumpster.
TS would think she (being the clever person she believes herself to be) just might get caught and is smarter than LE or anyone else.

I'd imagine by now LE have been looking at this possibility.
Something they've found makes them sure he is dead, that there was abuse leading to Gannon's death, and tampering with a corpse.

The bloody 2x4 board also had me thinking it was more than just a small spot.
By now LE have tested it and know which person's blood it belongs to.

My first guess would be that she hit him with it, either at the house or after they'd driven away.
A punishment gone too far ?

But no-- I believe she planned to kill him and this was no 'discipline' that went overboard.

We will see when the arrest affidavit is unsealed.

Last edited:
WOW !! That article is pretty cool.
I have never heard of it before and it was a very Interesting read.
Thanks for sharing it.

Yeah, that comment is sure a strange one.
WTH ??
Gotten over it ?? Poof-- gone !!!
A child is missing and you are over it & put it behind you, huh ?? Hmmm ... Ok..then.
And why haven't we heard "Who" this person is and "WHY" they took Gannon ???
Lies, Lies, Lies and More Lies. That is all she knows.

I wish TS would have faced the camera in the "Cousin It" interview. There are behavioral and speech analysts (I follow some on youtube) that explain what choice of words, what you say, what you don't say, and behavioral clues - ie messing with neck or nose and mouth provide clues as to 'what' suspect has done. Ie using words buried, floating, etc.

Last edited:
So many hearts have been touched by Gannon's story.

This was so heartwarming to read:

Rep. Tony Exum, Sr.
@TonyExum

SUPPORT FOR GANNON'S FAMILY. This morning I joined every State Representative from El Paso County and a dozen other elected Representatives in the well of the House floor to show support for the family and friends of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch.
ESrrixtVAAUl7ZH

I LOVE this! It shows how much this sweet boy has touched people far & wide of all walks of life!
#GannonStrong #FindGannon

I know that many posts have been made about TS's post-mortem humiliation of Gannon, but I feel the need to mention that this woman told the world that AS cut his finger off in the garage.

This would appear not to be true. Perhaps AS cut his finger. But she's trying to show that she lived in a household lacking common sense (tools everywhere, Dad is a klutz). She's competent, they're not.

How much of rubbing of salt does she want to do?

To think that a woman would go to this length to get even with her husband (or anyone)...well, it boggles the mind. She is viciously vengeful for perceived slights that no one else would even notice. And she is way down into the details of it, the details of punishing people.

None of this is regarded by her as intentional, it just oozes out of her. She knows no other way. If she can cause more drama, then she does.

Drama is one of her guiding lights but she also seems attracted to insults and cruelty. God bless the public defender in this case.
Yes. I’ve witnessed this exact behavior. An eye for an eye even if unintentional slight.

Thank you. So what do you think, re: LS's state in light of the charges? If they're irrefutable, do you think she'll be tamed and subdued? Or will she be itching to scream out her defense? Will be interesting to see how her attorney interacts with her...
I think that attack on the deputy says a lot about her state of mind.

I’m sure as hell going to watch tomorrow’s hearing (I am expecting it to be broadcast), as I wouldn’t be shocked if we saw her lash out.

Even if the evidence against her is overwhelming, which I have every expectation it is, I don’t see her processing it either calmly, or logically.

She’ll strike out at everyone she can.

Agree. MOO the same with Fotis Dulos, he committed a perfect 2015 crime in 2019. The Stauch neighbors had the street under surveillance both by Rings and monthly security services.
Gas stations, weigh stations, Highway Patrol stations and random other businesses have cameras out. Rural roads with long drives to the homes, like on 105 and 83 MOO a lot of the people must have a cameras at the entrance of their places and along the road to let them know who it coming. Piecing that itinerary together for her path took a a month, and that seems about right.
I recall how completely mapped out LE had the entire day of the woman who murdered Michelle Le. I’m confident that the technology based evidence will be very thorough.

Last edited:
NCWatcher
"I thought someone posted on WS PetCo was having a buy 2, get 1 free sale on coats. That was quite awhile ago though and I have no idea how to find the post.
JMO"

That was me. You're not going to find it as it was before this DWAP "phone interview" I had seen an ad for that. I can try to find it, but don't know that I could or if it would be allowed.

Thank you @LeBlack! I had tried searching for the post but wasn't successful. I'm glad to know though I DID see it. I was starting to wonder if I had imagined it!

Now if, as some have posted here, the coats/sweaters were for large dogs, I've got no clue. (Unless they were for dogs belonging to "a friend.") I don't really see them being used as a shroud.

But to those asking why anyone would want an extra coat, I don't think that's weird at all. While I've not lived anywhere my dogs have needed coats, I do know any "dog stuff" gets dirty and can get torn up. I'd think that would be especially true for apparel that might be worn when snow is starting to melt and there's mud. So I don't find wanting an extra coat all that weird. Plus apparently one of the dogs is a puppy and so it won't be the same size next winter.

All that said, I'm not at all sure being at PetCo itself is what made TS apparently nervous on the phone call. I think it had more to do with the area.

JMO

Her phrasing is just extraordinary, IMO (thanks to all who did transcription) in so many places. I think this might have been the tipping point for me:

TS: "They can take everything from me, but when you take something that is a person that can't be replaced, people cannot function like that, so take all my other things, but know that my heart is hurting. My mentality is to always think next step"

#1 is bad; but all of a piece with #2. Charges:

Blathering pother of nonsense. "When you take something that is a person that cannot be replaced" -

His name is GANNON, Tee.

Gannon.

What have we, as sentient human beings involved in daily conversations, learned in the past about someone who needs a dozen roundabout words to describe something, when one word would in fact do?

Generally, we've learned that someone is afraid of the single word that would eliminate the necessity for all the nonsensical talking-around.

Next stop: "take all my other things, but know that my heart is hurting"

Your alleged heart-pangs don't mean poop, Tee. What they do mean, is that you're very concerned about being perceived as heartsore; while simultaneously trundling on your merry way.

TS: "I have already gotten over who has done this and why and I've put that behind me"

#2 is worse, because I'm sure everyone will be thrilled to know that you are "over Gannon" and have "put everything Gannon-related behind you".

I mean, nobody is surprised considering you just pulled the same Casey Anthony (? I think) trick, of throwing your hands up in the air and saying since the search has such enormity involved; and since Gannon could literally be anywhere in continental NA (paraphrase); well, then it's just better not to search at all!

This is a colossal injustice to anyone who has been out scouring anywhere they can think of for Gannon, for as long as there has been light in the sky.

In other words: WE KNOW, Tee.

You don't need to tell us that you have "put [what you have done to Gannon] behind you".

We know you have (or had); because you're a psychopath.

Out of sight; out of mind!

Last edited:
I think that attack on the deputy says a lot about her state of mind.

I’m sure as hell going to watch tomorrow’s hearing (I am expecting it to be broadcast), as I wouldn’t be shocked if we saw her lash out.

Even if the evidence against her is overwhelming, which I have every expectation it is, I don’t see her processing it either calmly, or logically.

She’ll strike out at everyone she can.
She seemed quite meek at last hearing though.. deferring to her lawyer.
I wonder if she had been medicated or if the lawyer had managed to get through to her somehow?

But, that was well before she had been made aware of the charges against her...

I know that many posts have been made about TS's post-mortem humiliation of Gannon, but I feel the need to mention that this woman told the world that AS cut his finger off in the garage.

This would appear not to be true. Perhaps AS cut his finger. But she's trying to show that she lived in a household lacking common sense (tools everywhere, Dad is a klutz). She's competent, they're not.

How much of rubbing of salt does she want to do?

To think that a woman would go to this length to get even with her husband (or anyone)...well, it boggles the mind. She is viciously vengeful for perceived slights that no one else would even notice. And she is way down into the details of it, the details of punishing people.

None of this is regarded by her as intentional, it just oozes out of her. She knows no other way. If she can cause more drama, then she does.

Drama is one of her guiding lights but she also seems attracted to insults and cruelty. God bless the public defender in this case.
bbm
Agreed !
And keep him/her safe.
Remember TS attacked the LE transporting her. :eek:

That would be a nearly impossible job to defend TS; imo.

I am very much on the same page. I don't think there was anything like dismemberment.

I do think she may have put him somewhere that she thought was the right place (in her inimitable Tee-style). Some place where she can argue that he really ran away (or was abducted).

I don't know what happened to Gannon, specifically, but I think he was either injured or poisoned with something like Epson salts (perhaps after a call to a nursing line to give alibi there - in Tee's mind).

I think she left him to die, while telling herself she was just "punishing" him. I think she went back to check whether he was still where she left him (and he may have been there, she's not a normal person, if he was dead, she was satisfied - hence her apparent confidence and yadayada).

Variations: a little push into a ravine, a little digging into a snow bank and making him stay there - if he was still conscious, etc.

I don't think she specifically set out to overdose him - but she wanted to put him into a state where it could appear that he wandered around and did himself in (miles away from their home). Unfortunately, her prior abuse of him makes this a story where she gets charged with First Degree Murder, for abuse and continued abuse and child abandonment, etc.
Annnnnnnd lets throw in a possibility that popped into my mind last week.

Let's say for argument's sake it happened just the way you described. Now what if threre is a notepad she put in his pocket. A notepad that is scribble in.
Lets say it says: " I'm going to run away."

But let's say that scratched out and then the next page it says: " I hate you all so I'm going to run away..."

But say that scratched out and the next page it's another attempt...

I saw this and who done it years ago. Since it's in his pocket with a pen it looks like he's been trying to write his own runaway note.

It just looks like he didn't get the note fully finished, because he got lost.

I could see TS in her crazy mind doing something exactly like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth