Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, HH was in the basement too. I remember going on a virtual tour of the house model that someone posted. MOO
I'm not sure it's ever been verified that HH's bedroom was downstairs. I saw the tour of the house, but it just showed the rooms, it didn't indicate who they belonged to.

Someone said they recognized the comforter in the bed Laina was seen with as a child's comforter because her daughter has the same one. So if the video started upstairs, that might be her room.

It would make sense that the older kids rooms were downstairs and they shared a bathroom and the younger child would be upstairs near her parents room, though.

I don't think we know for sure, unless it's in the AA or in one of the statements in MSM.

Imo

I agree, and I also agree the early release will not affect the trial at all. Justice is safe, imo.

However, the leak needs to be investigated - was it an honest mistake or not? We need to trust people in positions of serving the public (at all levels) to do the right thing. Breaking the trust of the public is not okay. But that's a separate issue than this particular criminal case against TS, imo.

jmo
From the way I understand it, the AA was available on the court website and there was no indication that it was restricted.

At first I thought it was a person in the court or a clerk who made the mistake and was being charged, but it was actually the woman who copied it and sent it out to several websites. After that, it was all over the internet, apparently.

And yes, unfortunately this happened before LE had a chance to go over the contents with the family. Investigators had thought they had another week to answer questions and allow the family to grieve and have some closure before it was all over the news. They should have been entitled to that information before anyone else. Gannon was their son, after all. They are victims of a horrible crime and I can understand why LE would want to protect them.

I don't think it will jeopardize the case, either. But it's still important to protect the many surviving relatives who will never get over their loss. I think that's what investigators were most concerned about.

Imo

FYI if anyone wants to know just how loud even a small caliber handgun sounds when fired check this out.

If a gun goes off inside a house, and potential hearers are inside their houses, MOO chances of it being heard really drop. RDs or others camera could have registered it, but then IDK if a sudden sound event would trip a motion clip.

I agree, and I also agree the early release will not affect the trial at all. Justice is safe, imo.

However, the leak needs to be investigated - was it an honest mistake or not? We need to trust people in positions of serving the public (at all levels) to do the right thing. Breaking the trust of the public is not okay. But that's a separate issue than this particular criminal case against TS, imo.

jmo
We have two awesome people who posted on this. I'd like to quote them:

ab01: "The problem is I’m not sure they are going after the Person who mistakenly put the unsealed document in the efile system.
It seems as though instead they are going after the person that noticed it and uploaded it..."

Mass: "Exactly. What they are doing is passing the buck. There was no intent to cause harm, and no one “knowingly” did anything. A clerk screwed up.
This will cause a headache for the wrong person, but won’t have any impact on the case whatsoever. The judge already told the defense to go pound sand, as this person isn’t a party to the case.
Even if they were a party, this wouldn’t help TS."

BBM

Everyone was biting at the bit to have it. Then EVERYONE devoured it.
That said, I'd like to focus on GS and TS.

BBM

I'm almost positive this isn't true FWIW. There's a nearly infinite number of things that could qualify as deadly weapons. The Colorado Criminal Code defines a 'deadly weapon' this way:

So poison would qualify. A car would qualify. A bomb would qualify, etc. But none of those are listed in the complaint. Which means they listed the three they did for a reason. I guess it could be some prosecutorial strategy where they're sure she used one of those 3 weapons but aren't sure which one, and they're going to let the jury decide. But I think it's a lot more likely that they have evidence supporting all 3.
I've often wondered about blunt force trauma from the butt of a gun.

FYI if anyone wants to know just how loud even a small caliber handgun sounds when fired check this out.

Yah even a .22lr makes a pretty noticeable bang. But I will say I have shot my .22L riffle right outside my back door and the wife didn't even hear it from inside and she was only our entry way and family room away. The tv was on and kids were playing in their toy room likely making some noise as well, so there were other relevant factors as well.

Now sound obviously does carry much better outside and I bet if I had asked my neighbors that were outside a 1/4 mile down the road, I'll guarantee they would say they heard it.

But my point is It's not always heard

I'm not sure it matters really bc I don't think there was evidence of a firearm being used inside the house. I think we would have seen evidence of a bullet hole etc if one was used in the bedroom and I think that would have been in the original AA.

But if there was one used a few things to keep in mind.

The bedroom was in the basement, sound wouldn't travel thru basement walls nearly as well as it would thru wood framed upper level exterior walls. Even upper level exterior walls have insulation etc. Additionally how many exterior walls, sections of exterior fencing, there are between the gun and the person that would be expected to hear it would be a significant factor too IMO

It was the middle of winter, no windows would likely be open hence harder for sound to get out and harder for neighbors to hear inside their homes.

Outside gun shot near sierra pines possibility

Same here assuming nobody was outside any of the near by houses (windows closed, winter) and there were no vehicles in close proximity at the time of a small caliber gun shot, It wouldn't surprise me to learn that nobody noticed it.

All just speculation as we don't even know for certain that a gun is even involved, per the AA it seems that there's a possibility of it but hopefully we learn more at the probable cause hearing.

Yah even a .22lr makes a pretty noticeable bang. But I will say I have shot my .22L riffle right outside my back door and the wife didn't even hear it from inside and she was only our entry way and family room away. The tv was on and kids were playing in their toy room likely making some noise as well, so there were other relevant factors as well.

Now sound obviously does carry much better outside and I bet if I had asked my neighbors that were outside a 1/4 mile down the road, I'll guarantee they would say they heard it.

I'm not sure it matters really bc I don't think there was evidence of a firearm being used inside the house. I think we would have seen evidence of a bullet hole etc if one was used in the bedroom and I think that would have been in the original AA.

The bedroom was in the basement, sound wouldn't travel thru basement walls nearly as well as it would thru wood framed upper level exterior walls. Even upper level exterior walls have insulation etc. Additionally how many exterior walls, sections of exterior fencing, there are between the gun and the person that would be expected to hear it would be a significant factor too IMO

It was the middle of winter, no windows would likely be open hence harder for sound to get out and harder for neighbors to hear inside their homes.

Same here assuming nobody was outside any of the near by houses (windows closed, winter) and there were no vehicles in close proximity at the time of a small caliber gun shot, It wouldn't surprise me to learn that nobody noticed it.

All just speculation as we don't even know for certain that a gun is even involved, per the AA it seems that there's a possibility of it but hopefully we learn more at the probable cause hearing.
Agree with all this.
And at Sierra Pines search site at the fabric covered gate, the FBI unit had on their evidence protection suits with the spectrum goggles. They were using a red flood light. Red light according to what I researched on forensic evidence spectrum lights is for gunshot residue.
Maybe they had suspicions there, but evidence was inconclusive but now they found Gannon's body has a gunshot wound.

If a gun goes off inside a house, and potential hearers are inside their houses, MOO chances of it being heard really drop. RDs or others camera could have registered it, but then IDK if a sudden sound event would trip a motion clip.
I had watched a few videos like this the other day. It's been years since I've used a gun outdoors for target practice but I do recall we used ear muffs for the sound.
I also watched a youtube vid that demonstrated -if a pillow could reduce gun sound. Maybe a pillow (or two) was used and if so, I wonder if that would have slowed the bullet down enough that it didn't pass through to a wall.

I've fallen really far behind again, but regarding her Google searches, can the searches done in "incognito mode" be retrieved by LE/FBI? I'm not sure exactly how those work, but I wonder if there were any searches done that weren't able to be recovered. If anyone here knows about how that works, some insight would be appreciated.

Agree with all this.
And at Sierra Pines search site at the fabric covered gate, the FBI unit had on their evidence protection suits with the spectrum goggles. They were using a red flood light. Red light according to what I researched on forensic evidence spectrum lights is for gunshot residue.
Maybe they had suspicions there, but evidence was inconclusive but now they found Gannon's body has a gunshot wound.

Excellent thought

Can you imagine if there’s a firearm missing from the Stauch home. A bullet recovered from GS body matching the same caliber of that weapon. Or even the weapon being found in the recovered suitcase with his body.

I suppose T probably would want us to believe “Well of course Eguardo took it when he abducted Gannon”.

I really hope she was stupid enough to leave such a critical piece of evidence

Excellent thought

Can you imagine if there’s a firearm missing from the Stauch home. A bullet recovered from GS body matching the same caliber of that weapon. Or even the weapon being found in the recovered suitcase with his body.

I suppose T probably would want us to believe “Well of course Eguardo took it when he abducted Gannon”.

I really hope she was stupid enough to leave such a critical piece of evidence

Yes. I think she thinks "so what about evidence" - intruder did it.

We have two awesome people who posted on this. I'd like to quote them:

ab01: "The problem is I’m not sure they are going after the Person who mistakenly put the unsealed document in the efile system.
It seems as though instead they are going after the person that noticed it and uploaded it..."

Mass: "Exactly. What they are doing is passing the buck. There was no intent to cause harm, and no one “knowingly” did anything. A clerk screwed up.
This will cause a headache for the wrong person, but won’t have any impact on the case whatsoever. The judge already told the defense to go pound sand, as this person isn’t a party to the case.
Even if they were a party, this wouldn’t help TS."

BBM

Everyone was biting at the bit to have it. Then EVERYONE devoured it.
That said, I'd like to focus on GS and TS.
I hear ya, and like I said twice, I don't think it will affect the case.

I'm still interested in the outcome of the clerk case though. Duly noted that others aren't interested - and I agree it doesn't have a direct influence on this case/thread.

jmo

Something I probably should mention as well, it wouldn’t be uncommon for a small caliber bullet such as a .22 to not pass all the way thru a body(no exit wound). In fact if it was a 22lr hollow it would almost certainly fragment when It impacted a hard object such as human bone(skull) etc leaving fragments inside the impacted area.

Just something to keep in mind

I hear ya, and like I said twice, I don't think it will affect the case.

I'm still interested in the outcome of the clerk case though. Duly noted that others aren't interested - and I agree it doesn't have a direct influence on this case/thread.

jmo
We may not hear anything else about it. At the most the woman will likely have to pay a fine, I would think.
It would have been a problem if the person who leaked it was involved in the case, which was what the defense was trying to imply.

Imo

The bigger the hole she digs her self into the more outlandish excuses and stories she will create, in b4 she claims aliens landed in their back garden and took her and gannon to their planet, and she cut her self while escaping back to earth by stealing their spaceship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader