Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT - I have to apologise for a few of my posts which the poor, overworked MODS have had to remove. I truly do not mean any disrespect to the TOS of Websleuths and this site continues to be my benchmark and anchor in any case that I follow. Susan Powell's disappearance brought me to WS 10 years ago and I will always respect this site for the standard it maintains.
It's time for me to revisit and remind myself of the TOS.

Today, and always, I am here for Gannon. Let's bring him home :cool:

The SM reminds me of Patrick Frazee in that he thought the news of Kelsey Berreth missing would never get national attention.
I believe she thought she could disappear this little boy and life would go on in a couple days.
Yeah, I remember that alleged convo he had w a friend where he said (paraphrasing) , “Gee, if I’d have known it was gonna be such a big deal, I never would’ve...(awkward trail off)” I think he seriously thought that since people go missing every day that people would just forget Kelsey in a day or two and accept that she’d gone off somewhere to start fresh. Could be someone in this story had the same naive line of thinking...

This right here makes it clear to me it’s a criminal investigation.

Of course. As others have mentioned LE rarely labels suspects these days and frequently makes statements denying that they have any suspects at all and then a day or two later there’s an arrest.

“We have no evidence of foul play.”
“We are searching for a live [INSERT NAME].”
”We have no suspects.”
“We have no persons of interest.”
“Everyone is a suspect.”
“Everyone is a person of interest.”
“We have no evidence that a crime was committed.”
“We ask that people be kind to the family.”
“The parents are cooperating.”

These are standard, deflections by law enforcement these days. So you have to look at LE’s actions:

1. Interrogation such that subject feels the need to ask for a lawyer = criminal investigation and suspect.
2. Removing vehicle and keys from witnesses at possible gun point while the witnesses are out and about = search warrant, probable cause, suspects and criminal investigation.
3. CSI showing up at the residence = criminal investigation.
4. CSI removing evidence from the residence = search warrant, probable cause, criminal investigation.
5. DA showing up at the residence with LE = come on people. Do you think the district attorney who handles criminal matters is there to investigate a non-criminal issue? Maybe there because it was on his way home? At the point the DA gets involved, they’re getting their ducks in a row for a possible prosecution.

In the meantime, my spydy sense is that they’ve got great profilers working this case from various angles to good effect. I think they know their “subject” very well, what makes them tick, what makes them talk, what makes them scared, stressed, enraged, desperate.

I see a phenomenal investigation occurring.

Looks like they are going to search again today afterall.

"Law enforcement officers returned Thursday to southern Douglas County to resume their search for Gannon Stauch, an 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who has been missing for more than three weeks.
The search led by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has been hampered but not halted by deep snow on 35 acres in the foothills west of Larkspur, , sheriff’s spokeswoman Jacqueline Kirby said."

Gannon Stauch case: Search resumes in southern Douglas county

Well I feel better they are back searching in the same area. Obviously there is a concrete reason they are there and I'm just thankful there is more movement.
Something is happening whether we are privy to the information or not...

Not making light of all this but she reminds me so much of, Listen,listen Linda, listen to me. If you've ever seen that little clip, you'll know what I mean.
It's everyone's fault with everything that comes across her.

Yeah... except that was a 4-year-old doing the arguing and logic (lol).

I was under the impression LS said GS had the key to the side gate, not the key to the side door.

I have no idea about what she said, of course. The side door report may be new information. But frankly, it's also possible a reporter got it wrong.

I certainly understand why WS requires MSM news sources. And LS's accounts DO seem inconsistent. But that doesn't mean that every news story is an accurate report of what every person said. We've already seen some inaccurate reporting of what was said by LE at news conferences, for example.

Edited to add forgotten JMO

IMO, it's harmless semantics; OR, if one doesn't go out the front door to disappear, one goes out the side door.

Which is to say, many people grow up in a house with a sliding or other door out onto the backyard. I am assuming this house had one, because it would be odd IMO, to have a gate on the street to a backyard; yet require everyone to go OUT through the gate and then back IN the front door from the street. (In other words, usually you can make a circuit. A backyard with no direct entrance into the house, seems weird to me.)

Very, very cold. :(

Wow, and here I was feeling bad about a 10,000-12,000 step count outdoor walk at 33/38 degrees in NYC. The overwhelming majority of people I saw on the street, weren't even wearing scarves, hats, or gloves; though I grant these people are usually going from indoor destination to indoor destination, with max 10 minutes out-of-doors.

I would love to know what mental gymnastics a person would have to perform to rationalize not getting somebody to help they needed even if there was a “accident.” Especially one who thought of herself as some kind of wonderful caregiver.

Unfortunately, we've seen lots of brain trusts along these lines, including one abusive boyfriend/mother combo where the boyfriend thought he could stop beating/shaken baby-induced syndrome seizures by blowing pot smoke in her direction (because of course, that's the same type of seizure, rolleyes).

Agree!

Political issues aside, I think it would be tremendous to Gannon’s case, getting exposure, making the guilty wet their pants, if the President of the United States said something about him today during the rally.

I feel pretty sure he's done a couple rallies commenting upon a local crisis, though cannot recall which; so maybe.

“We’re bringing the necessary tools to the search site to find Gannon,” Kirby said. However, she added that authorities hope to find the boy alive.
Gannon Stauch case: Search resumes in southern Douglas county

It seems Ms. Kirby is having a more difficult time saying they hope to find Gannon alive. :( Everyone knows the chances are pretty slim, I just hope they are able to find him MOO

IMO, Ms. Kirby knows that by now the general public has probably been apprised of what it means when people are thrusting poles into snowbanks. :(

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Just spoke to EPCSO about #GannonStauch search. They confirmed they do not have any active searches today. They did have a few guys on foot earlier this morning in the Larkspur area as part of the investigation side of the case. @KKTV11News #FindGannon

ERPasEzVUAAb-gs.jpg

10:59 AM - 20 Feb 2020

Just spoke to EPCSO about #GannonStauch search. They confirmed they do not have any active searches today. They did have a few guys on foot earlier this morning in the Larkspur area as part of the investigation side of the case. @KKTV11News #FindGannon

Ashley Franco on Twitter

well now I don’t know what to think....?

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Well, this is confusing. We’re getting conflicting information. All of my questions about today’s “search” are null now.

Of course. As others have mentioned LE rarely labels suspects these days and frequently makes statements denying that they have any suspects at all and then a day or two later there’s an arrest.

“We have no evidence of foul play.”
“We are searching for a live [INSERT NAME].”
”We have no suspects.”
“We have no persons of interest.”
“Everyone is a suspect.”
“Everyone is a person of interest.”
“We have no evidence that a crime was committed.”
“We ask that people be kind to the family.”
“The parents are cooperating.”

These are standard, deflections by law enforcement these days. So you have to look at LE’s actions:

1. Interrogation such that subject feels the need to ask for a lawyer = criminal investigation and suspect.
2. Removing vehicle and keys from witnesses at possible gun point while the witnesses are out and about = search warrant, probable cause, suspects and criminal investigation.
3. CSI showing up at the residence = criminal investigation.
4. CSI removing evidence from the residence = search warrant, probable cause, criminal investigation.
5. DA showing up at the residence with LE = come on people. Do you think the district attorney who handles criminal matters is there to investigate a non-criminal issue? Maybe there because it was on his way home? At the point the DA gets involved, they’re getting their ducks in a row for a possible prosecution.

In the meantime, my spydy sense is that they’ve got great profilers working this case from various angles to good effect. I think they know their “subject” very well, what makes them tick, what makes them talk, what makes them scared, stressed, enraged, desperate.

I see a phenomenal investigation occurring.
Even the term POI was developed to avoid saying suspect. With so much media and constant scrutiny the police are just trying to keep the cart behind the horse during the investigation.
If they identify who did it by evidence they want a conviction. For that they need to bring an orderly case to the DA.

Ashley Franco on Twitter

BBM

Interesting. No search at the moment, but are investigating. Hmmmm....

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member